Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question So What Happened To Arthas? (9.2)

Where is Arthas? The one who was even strong enough to deny the will of Jailer, creator of Sylvanas, the greatest hero of all times?
    The guy who made warcraft a thing...
    What happened to him is he just non-existing now?
    All the lesser characters beneath him are stars of the show now and he is forgotten what a tragedy.
    A very cool signature text.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puxycat View Post
    Where is Arthas? The one who was even strong enough to deny the will of Jailer, creator of Sylvanas, the greatest hero of all times?
    The guy who made warcraft a thing...
    What happened to him is he just non-existing now?
    All the lesser characters beneath him are stars of the show now and he is forgotten what a tragedy.
    Well, he's not been the star of the show for a long time? We'll most likely see some hints of him again, like with the souls but always had my doubt we would see him again as he was a defiant character. Maybe in some corner as a shattered soul being tortured.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I'm disappointed, he was shown in one of the lore short movies advertising Shadowlands alongside Uther and then he was forgotten. There is a sliver of hope that he won't share Garrosh's fate.

He'll be handing out dailies with Sylvanas in the new daily zone.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

If his soul is indeed tied to Kingsmourne then I'd expect him to feature once Anduin is subdued. What good that will be is another thing. Since the point where we fight Anduin is on the far side of 9.2's chain of events Arthas wouldn't have that big of a role to play. If it's just to have him regain his Prince persona and say sorry to Jaina and Uther I'd rather he didn't feature at all. At least Garrosh went out with an unapologetic blaze of glory.
    Last edited by Zuben; 2021-11-12 at 10:28 AM.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I'm disappointed, he was shown in one of the lore short movies advertising Shadowlands alongside Uther and then he was forgotten. There is a sliver of hope that he won't share Garrosh's fate.
    Exactly what I feel. Afterlives Bastion trailer made me buy Shadowlands. They just lured too many people with Arthas in that trailer and then denied him.
    A very cool signature text.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    we will almost certainly see him in 9.2. even if he isn't in Kingsmourne, it could be a questline involving Uther finally addressing what he did to him and we take a trip to the Maw to find his soul. I also hope we see Garrosh, I think his appearance in the raid wasn't enough

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, he's not been the star of the show for a long time? We'll most likely see some hints of him again, like with the souls but always had my doubt we would see him again as he was a defiant character. Maybe in some corner as a shattered soul being tortured.
    Why would he be a soul being tortured? Arthas literall ydid nothing bad, he was a victim. He tried to stop the scourge and save Azeroth and fall i na trap on doing so only because Jaina and Uther didn´t want to save Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    If they have any plans to showcase Arthas in 9.2, I somehow doubt they'd reveal his presence in a preview trailer. They would likely hold him back for the surprise value alone. We may know more when 9.2 hits the PTR of course unless they keep his presence under wraps via encrypted cutscenes or the like.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

He's for sure either one of the hidden raid bosses after Anduin and before the Jailer or he's aiding us in those battles.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Boss 9 or 10 of the raid, i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    If his soul is indeed tied to Kingsmourne then I'd expect him to feature once Anduin is subdued.
    "You have seen what I have seen. Now, follow me into the Maw!" *edgy hairflip* *proceeds to hand out dailies*

At least Garrosh went out with an unapologetic blaze of glory.
    Yeah, his defining trait was a stubborn refusal to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    He'll be handing out dailies with Sylvanas in the new daily zone.
    Just like Illidan in Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Why would he be a soul being tortured? Arthas literall ydid nothing bad, he was a victim. He tried to stop the scourge and save Azeroth and fall i na trap on doing so only because Jaina and Uther didn´t want to save Azeroth.
    Because he was dumped in the Maw? Like, that is literally the lore? He failed his own mission as he became a tool of another's mission with items smuggled through realms. He wouldn't be given a spot on the pedestal nor do I believe, if added, he would be one of the small ghosts, he would be locked away as a collector's item, a prize to show what failures becomes, or just generally locked away to avoid a change of heart. Do not get me wrong, Arthas could easily be a threat but he's not a main character of the show anymore. We still have the Kingsmourne theory, of him just being another battery.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic phase of Anduin/Jailer.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    He's for sure either one of the hidden raid bosses after Anduin and before the Jailer or he's aiding us in those battles.
    I don't think Arthas will be a raid boss. He will either help us against the Jailer after being freed from Kingsmourne or we will get a quest from Anduin after defeating him directing us to the Maw to him. Uther tags along to right the wrong he did to Arthas just after his death and then he helps us in the final 3 bosses - one of which could well be Mal'ganis whom Arthas has a personal grudge against

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I don't think Arthas will be a raid boss. He will either help us against the Jailer after being freed from Kingsmourne or we will get a quest from Anduin after defeating him directing us to the Maw to him. Uther tags along to right the wrong he did to Arthas just after his death and then he helps us in the final 3 bosses - one of which could well be Mal'ganis whom Arthas has a personal grudge against
    This does bring up a good point. If Anduin is the 8th boss, and the other 3 bosses wont be available for another week, it leads me to believe those last three bosses have heavy lore significance. We know the jailer is last, but who would the other 2 be? I can see Mal'Ganis being one, but I don't know who the other would be. If its supposed to be the end of a saga starting in Warcraft 3 it would have to be someone important.

Quote Originally Posted by Puxycat View Post
    Real tragedy would be the current cdevs touching his character at all.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    How is Arthas the star of the show? He was Ner'zhul's pawn until he developed poorly written psychic powers and snuffed Ner'zhul off screen. Leave him wherever he is.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I also hope we see Garrosh, I think his appearance in the raid wasn't enough
    Unless he was put into an urn and Thrall is carrying it around to mope, I don't think you're getting any more Garrosh.

Arthas without the helmet and frostmourne is just a weak dumb boy who has nothing to show but failure