Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    I'm starting to lean towards it having a been a false flag event to give Putin the cover he needs to send in all the conscripts and Zapp Brannigan the war,sending hundreds of thousands of minority conscripts in to be butchered would be very on brand for Russia.
    Whatever kills the most orcish invaders, the better. Just funny to see same posters making absurd claims with nothing to back them up. Broken records everywhere...

But hey, the plot thickens - Armenia being a member in Russia's failure of a pact, wonder if there's something behind the scenes vs Armenia here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    But but I thought it was a suicide bomber?? How did they detain a dead guy, who multiplied into 8 people?

Some propaganda just doesn't hold up
    You don't say.

But yeah, that route is hilarious, Ukraine ->Bulgaria->Armenia->Georgia ->russia-> back towards Ukraine....

Edit: Armenia and Azerbaijan are currently kissing and making up, saying they respect each others sovereignty and territorial integrity. (Betcha they still hate eachother but are, correctly, identifying russia as a much bigger threat.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    The problem is IF the west would send help, that help would be used by the regime saying "look the west wants to kill us all and invade us"
    Again. You forgot the "again".
    We've seen the consequences of the West replacing regimes in the Middle East.
    Best example of long term I can think of is Iran coup d'etat in 1953, which led to Iranian Revolution 1978.
    All the successful/unsuccessful recent ones like Desert Shield/Storm, ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶d̶a̶d̶d̶y̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶p̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶d̶a̶d̶d̶y̶ ̶ Iraqi Freedom, and Global War on Terror STILL have consequences we're watching unfold as we speak.
    Blatant government backed Islamophobia doesn't help either.
    But this all OT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    They'll likely need to replace the bridge span subject to the fuel fire entirely to restore full operation safely, that's an operation that will take months.

Capacity through that has been severely compromised for a significant amount of time, which obviously isn't good for Russia.
    While I don't think it was intentional, several damage to infrastructure can often be more costly and time consuming to fix than outright destruction. You may well have to dismantle the bridge and then rebuild it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    While I don't think it was intentional, several damage to infrastructure can often be more costly and time consuming to fix than outright destruction. You may well have to dismantle the bridge and then rebuild it.
    The only way to repair the bridge if those bridge elements are damaged enough is to replace the element. A guy on another forum said that after pouring the concrete to make a bridge element, it takes 2 to 3 months to dry before it can be moved into place. If the ruskies were smart (they weren't) they would have made a bunch of these in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    The only way to repair the bridge if those bridge elements are damaged enough is to replace the element. A guy on another forum said that after pouring the concrete to make a bridge element, it takes 2 to 3 months to dry before it can be moved into place. If the ruskies were smart (they weren't) they would have made a bunch of these in advance.
    Or rather, the budget was allocated to make those. But then . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Or rather, the budget was allocated to make those. But then . . .
    Yeah... Ohh well. It ain't my bridge.

Seen a number of people say that the truck on the bridge in the video has, among a number of other things, a different number of axel's than the one shown by the FSB in the X-ray.

Would not surprise me at all given how bad they have been at planting evidence previously. *cough*sims3*cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Seen a number of people say that the truck on the bridge in the video has, among a number of other things, a different number of axel's than the one shown by the FSB in the X-ray.

Would not surprise me at all given how bad they have been at planting evidence previously. *cough*sims3*cough*
    C'mon. It can't be easy to forge evidence when you are drunk 24/7. Cut them some slack.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    C'mon. It can't be easy to forge evidence when you are drunk 24/7. Cut them some slack.
    *channels shalcker* We don't know what happened until there is a full investigation, why won't the Russians let the Ukrainian investigators in?

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    But but I thought it was a suicide bomber?? How did they detain a dead guy, who multiplied into 8 people?

Some propaganda just doesn't hold up
    Some propaganda does not even try to present a coherent narrative. Confusing people is enough.

this prison pardon shit is mental, imagine a family member gets murdered. Killer gets life, and then they get out a year later because they signed up to go fight for wagner and got a leg blown off. Now out and about knocking around on their fucking peg leg. I'd have to go get the cunt. Russian society is gonna be a basket case and it already fucking is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    this prison pardon shit is mental, imagine a family member gets murdered. Killer gets life, and then they get out a year later because they signed up to go fight for wagner and got a leg blown off. Now out and about knocking around on their fucking peg leg. I'd have to go get the cunt. Russian society is gonna be a basket case and it already fucking is.
    Don't worry, allegedly the shtrafbats are only recruited into assault units, meaning survival rate is rather low.

In a rather dramatic escalation in words, Zelenksy this morning curtly vowed to make Russian forces suffer "far more painfully" in response to the recent missile strikes.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    So, russia needs new tanks in Ukraine....
    800 to.be precise

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    In a rather dramatic escalation in words, Zelenksy this morning curtly vowed to make Russian forces suffer "far more painfully" in response to the recent missile strikes.
    I mean, better to retaliate against actual military targets then throw a petulant shitfit and murder civvies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    So, russia needs new tanks in Ukraine....
    800 to.be precise
    They're tracked death traps with the sort of advancements that have been made in anti-tank munitions since the 1960s when they're pulling yet more T-62s out of long term storage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    They're tracked death traps with the sort of advancements that have been made in anti-tank munitions since the 1960s when they're pulling yet more T-62s out of long term storage.
    Yup, also, pulling 800 put of storage does not exactly instill confidence, big battlefield losses. It also puts paid to the rumours that an Armata had been spotted in Luhansk.

things are really going south for Russia. While massacring civilians isn't new for them, it feels like the whole world is turning against them for the missile strikes two days ago. Even their close ally in China.

Putin offered Nord Stream 2 to Germany today and they literally said "fuck off" and Ukraine received their IRIS-T air defense system on the same day. Why isn't Germany afraid of incurring Putin's wrath?
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Next lot of 10,000 Ukrainians being trained in the UK have finished and are heading back to join the fight, fully equipped. The arrival of the previous batch just so happened to occur when the russian front collapsed in the east.

Canada is also sending half a million winter uniforms. Meanwhile russia still hasn't found the one and a half million winter uniforms that went missing.