Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    As expected moex down the dumps. Under a 100 now.
    Ruble still clinging on somewhat; ~108putin coins to 1 dollar. Expected far worse tbh, but it can still burn.
    Well you can thank the Russian central bank for saving the ruble for now.
    Plus there are still more sanctions that can be implemented that will make it even more expensive to keep continuing this stupid war.

I really don't think that Putin thought this true, from the outside pov it looks to me that he started with a single assumption (that sanctions would be a slap on the wrist overal) and then made further assumptions based on his first assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I literally just said:

I mean, seriously, that's fucking messed up.
    In my mind, I picture them as an elite group of chosen soldiers who get tough missions? I don't understand what you mean by war criminals, they are still soldiers who get orders, it's not like they will randomly kill you or torture you, am I wrong?

What you are describing I mostly picture it for the chechens, you know people who have a history of criminality and abuse and aggressive culture, however the chechens are not considered to be an elite group. Just bad and aggressive people. I certainly don't cheer for them.

Are you saying that wagner and chechens are exactly the same thing? Unskilled aggressive criminals?

The media hypes the wagner group as a highly elite private group who gets tough missions, I don't think killing or doing dirty stuff is part of their culture but rather the orders they get. I'm not really cheering for Russia, however they are supposed to be a superpower and after so much humiliation, well it feels bad to see them in this state.
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2022-02-28 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiregenesis View Post
    it's not like they will randomly kill you or torture you, am I wrong?
    Yes. /tenchar
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

In my mind, I picture them as an elite group of chosen soldiers who get tough missions? I don't understand what you mean by war criminals, they are still soldiers who get orders, it's not like they will randomly kill you or torture you, am I wrong?

What you are describing I mostly picture it for the chechens, you know people who have a history of criminality and abuse and aggressive culture, however the chechens are not considered to be an elite group. Just bad and aggressive people.

Are you saying that wagner and chechens are exactly the same thing? Unskilled aggressive criminals?

The media hypes the wagner group as a highly elite private group who gets tough missions, I don't think killing or doing dirty stuff is part of its culture or the main thing about them. I'm not really cheering for Russia, however they are supposed to be a superpower and after so much humiliation, well it feels bad to see them in this state.
    Get out. You are cheering for literaly murderers who got orders to infiltrate the city and assassinate leaders of Ukraine. You don't want their humilitation and would rather see them kill innocent people?

You are messed up in the head. You are a vile, disgusting person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Seems like China will side with Russia, and could undermine sanctions placed on Russia.
    Of course as China would expect the same help once they try to take Taiwan.

What you are describing I mostly picture it for the chechens, you know people who have a history of criminality and abuse and aggressive culture, however the chechens are not considered to be an elite group. Just bad and aggressive people. I certainly don't cheer for them.

The media hypes the wagner group as a highly elite private group who gets tough missions, I don't think killing or doing dirty stuff is part of their culture but rather the orders they get. I'm not really cheering for Russia, however they are supposed to be a superpower and after so much humiliation, well it feels bad to see them in this state.
    Google "Wagner war crimes", you could learn a thing or two about your idols. And what the fuck is wrong with you, "it feels bad to see them in this state"? Seriously?

10+ Year Old Account
    I literally said that they were sent into Ukraine to assassinate the Ukrainian leadership.

Russia is an invading force, who claims that they want to avoid civilian casualties, sending in an elite force to murder the civilian leadership of a sovereign nation.

Fuck them. They sure as fuck don't deserve people rooting them on.

And it shouldn't "feel bad to see Russia in this state". That's fucking sick. Putin is the clear villain in this.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Following orders to commit war crimes...l makes you a war criminal.

The fact that you insist on bragging that they are good about being war criminals, seems rather absurd.

Your comment would be like feeling bad for the Nazis.

"I just hope everyone plays well, and has a good time!"
    Last edited by Machismo; 2022-02-28 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I literally said that they were sent into Ukraine to assassinate the Ukrainian leadership.

Russia is an invading force, who claims that they want to avoid civilian casualties, sending in an elite force to murder the civilian leadership of a sovereign nation.

Fuck them. They sure as fuck don't deserve people rooting them on.

And it shouldn't "feel bad to see Russia in this state". That's fucking sick. Putin is the clear villain in this.
    Well said!

'just following orders' is literally the excuse of every war criminal.
    Nazi death camp commanders were "just following orders".

Get that shit out of here.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I hope wagner doesn't end up like the chechens who got pwned. I personally don't want to see the Russians get humiliated in every single aspect, I hope they save some face and prove that they are an elite group.
    this comment reads like it's a sports event.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account

Following orders that amount to war crimes is illegal. That's been the case since Nurembourg.

They also proved they were far from elite, when their actual 'elite' Spetznaz were routed trying to take an airfield. Russia are rapidly running low on anything you can define as elite soldiery, they're a conscript force who are shifting their strategy to what amounts to 'more dakka' instead of anything particularly tactical.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2022-02-28 at 11:36 AM.

In my mind, (...)
    You need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Yeah ok my bad. It's not an anime or a videogame, real lives are at stake. I take back what I said. After watching so many corpses and explosions I probably start to lose contact with reality and it feels like watching an anime. The media doesn't help with this. Generally, what we live these days doesn't feel real at all.

Nazis didn't commit war crimes for military objectives or geopolitical advantages but rather ideology, it's not the same burning millions of people for what they are and assassinating a leader of the opposition, the difference is obvious. Assassinating a leader is still a crime but also an objective of war and it's not like that only Russia does this. Yes the Russians are the villains and aggressors but you will see lots of killing from both sides, it is a war after all. A peaceful end for both sides is the best outcome.

Yeah ok my bad. It's not an anime or a videogame, real lives are at stake. I take back what I said. After watching so many corpses and explosions I probably start to lose contact with reality and it feels like watching an anime. The media doesn't help with this. Generally, what we live these days doesn't feel real at all.

Nazis didn't commit war crimes for military objectives or geopolitical advantages but rather ideology, it's not the same burning millions of people for what they are and assassinating a leader of the opposition, the difference is obvious. Assassinating a leader is still a crime but also an objective of war and it's not like that only Russia does this. Yes the Russians are the villains and aggressors but you will see lots of killing from both sides, it is a war after all. A peaceful end for both sides is the best outcome.
    Yes, it is the fucking same thing.

Both were about expansion of power and the simple desire to be authoritarian asshats.

Stop trying to "both sides" this nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It's the same person who in this thread asked for telegram groups which contain the gore/horror of this invasion.

Mostly stuff from the battlefield but I'm interested to see other horror stuff

Most of the dead on these videos seems to be tank operatives, another great job right there...
    Last edited by MCMLXXXII; 2022-02-28 at 11:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

The Nazis scorched earth their invasion of Russia for a very clear geopolitical advantage of not having people in the region with opposing political ideologies and cultural histories to worry about should they have won.

Russia did this in Chechnya and Syria already. Whether they kill them or force them out as refugees, if you change the demographics significantly enough, you can gain significant geopolitical advantage by virtue of not having an opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The Nazis scorched earth their invasion of Russia for a very clear geopolitical advantage of not having people in the region with opposing political ideologies and cultural histories to worry about should they have won.

Russia did this in Chechnya and Syria already. Whether they kill them or force them out as refugees, if you change the demographics significantly enough, you can gain significant geopolitical advantage by virtue of not having an opposition.
    Not sure if arguing with 12 year olds that never faced a harsh day of reality in their life is worth your time...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

The media hypes the wagner group as a highly elite private group who gets tough missions,
    Hahaha, tell that to 100-200 that the US deleted without losing a single person.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rstrikes-syria

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, it is the fucking same thing.

Both were about expansion of power and the simple desire to be authoritarian asshats.

Stop trying to "both sides" this nonsense.
    Do you think the world would hate the nazis so much if they didn't kill so many innocent civilians for racial reasons and in such a systematic way?

They would probably be seen as another empire that tried and failed. Empires are not good but they certainly don't get so much hate as the nazis do.