May have been already posted: Ukraine jets hit Russian column;

“We’ve seen indications that at times and at certain places, the convoys may have been resisted by Ukrainian forces and I think I have to leave it at that,” the official said. “But we’ve seen indications that we are in no position to refute [Ukraine claims they have hit the convoy].”

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    well, seems nobody is afraid those new conscripts might turn their weapons against the officers ?
    also defecting is much to easy and they might bring weapon+ammo with them. bolshe spasibo
    Ever heard of penal units ?

Oh man, darth vader would be jealous of putin, not even he would do such things. He is sending soldiers to their deaths without even notifying them about what's coming and he is constantly lying. It feels as if he is trying to play the role of a villain, other than that he might just be a traitor who is trying to ruin his state. How can you even send a kid to the battlefield like that, this is beyond me. Dictators have this trait, they say lies all the time and are beyond evil, they see you as a pawn who is meant to be sacrificed for them, so sick.

It seems that the mobile crematorium didn't work so well, he has to fire them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Ever heard of penal units ?
    Russia back at "motivation squads" again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You think they’re worried about reality?
    Yes. The banks and government are failing. They should be terrified of revolution. Unless the MoE is capable of creating food from thin air, at some point, reality will be their biggest problem.

Also, Ikea nopes the fuck out and joins the boycott list. Joke all you want, but Ikea is a huge brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    A 3D-chess move to bankrupt the Ukrainian government and flood them with refugees? Plus adding even more Russian speaking civilians to be "protected"?
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yes. The banks and government are failing. They should be terrified of revolution. Unless the MoE is capable of creating food from thin air, at some point, reality will be their biggest problem.

Also, Ikea nopes the fuck out and joins the boycott list. Joke all you want, but Ikea is a huge brand.
    They just had to clarify that they aren't declaring martial law, the bank runs are not stopping and private businesses are freaking out under the new capital controls forcing them to use rubbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Belarusian president displays map suggesting Putin plans to attack Moldova

Nothing like an incompetent ally outing your evil plan for domination.
    Again, this map simply shows in pink the areas controlled by their armies. The shaded part of Moldova is the break-away republic of Transnistria, one of the few places that still flies Soviet flags since the 90s.
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang View Post
    A 3D-chess move to bankrupt the Ukrainian government and flood them with refugees? Plus adding even more Russian speaking civilians to be "protected"?
    If so, it's a stupid one because it floods the front with dissidents who have an axe to grind with the regime and have ample opportunity to gum up the works between their conscription and their defection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Expect yet more shortages... Russia is one if not their biggest supplier for the wood their furniture is made of.

7+ Year Old Account
    We can and should punish Russia until they start paying for Ukraine's losses but when it comes to food I don't think that is a real issue. Food is easily and cheaply produced in
    large amounts in 2022 and there is plenty of ways that Russia can make sure their citizens have the bare minimum even in a recession/depression/pandemic/etc.
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-03-03 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang View Post
    Again, this map simply shows in pink the areas controlled by their armies. The shaded part of Moldova is the break-away republic of Transnistria, one of the few places that still flies Soviet flags since the 90s.
    How does that debunk the article? they can use the same story, we are liberating Moldova to help our poor oppressed Russian citizens in Transnistria.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    We can and should punish Russia until they start paying for Ukraine's losses but when it comes to food I don't think that is a real issue. Food is easily and cheaply produced in
    large amounts in 2022
    and there is plenty of ways that Russia can make sure their citizens always have the bare minimum.
    Seriously dude what planet do you live on? do starving countries exist out of choice in your brain? people are dying of poverty and starvation in the US FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    BuT hOw WiLl YoU hOlD gRoUnD
    OK. I'm a bit late to the tank bashing party, and while I consider myself a knowledgeable person, I'm not an expert.

There's a bit of a popular misunderstanding of what tanks are and what tanks are capable of.

During WW2 it was already figured out that there are plenty of ways infantry can disable tanks, tanks are not these invincible moving fortresses. During the Winter War Finns would disable tanks with everything from Molotov Cocktails to literally just using crowbars to pull off the threads of the tanks, or by shoving logs into the tracks.

The Soviets would hand out anti tank rifles like it was candy to their infantry formations well until the end of the war because they quickly realized that while the rifles couldn't shoot through the armor, they could still wreck exhausts, tracks, threads, optics, etc and sometimes even that was enough to make the tank combat ineffective.

Then in 1956 during the Hungarian uprising once again state of the art Russian tanks even heavy KV tanks were being knocked out by Molotov cocktails and people sticking improvised explosives under the tanks in urban street fighting.

Tanks have always been very vulnerable to infantry, especially when things like bazookas, panzerfausts, panzershrecks etc started popping up.

This is something that militaries, the Russians included are keenly aware of. Standard tactics for situations like the ones the Russians are facing right now, infantry shooting at them with anti tank weapons, would be having friendly infantry support covering the tanks. THAT'S WHY THE RUSSIANS IN THEORY HAVE METRICFUCKTONS OF MECHANIZED INFANTRY. Fact is that they just seem to fucking suck at applying their own tactics.

What tanks are good at, and will always be good at is force concentration. 4 or 10 tanks with proper air and infantry support moving towards a position is a fucking problem. It's a problem that the opposition needs to deal with, it needs to conjure up forces from somewhere, whether air, ground or other tanks and if you don't fucking deal with them they will fuckup wherever they are headed. They are not invincible, but dealing with them is a problem. Tanks are simply a force multiplier.

That's why despite all the assets available to Western powers they were still used in Iraq, Afghanistan, Mali etc. There's nothing else that can fill that role. Sure all sorts of heavy infantry fighting vehicles have sprung up in recent years that are meant to bridge the gap between a fucking 4x4 with steel plates and a MBT, but nothing is quite such a pain in the ass to deal with than tank coming for your ass.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2022-03-03 at 04:16 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    do starving countries exist out of choice in your brain?
    More so out of choice than necessity. Starvation is not a necessity in the world, even as we grow the population up to 8 billion people. It doesn't cost that much to make sure everyone has the bare minimum amount of food.
    people are dying of poverty and starvation in the US FFS.
    If that's true then why aren't our Democrat leaders fixing that? Here in California there is multiple pathways for broke or homeless people to get free food, so starvation here must be caused by a lack of knowledge and not because food is unobtainable.
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-03-03 at 04:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides "not paying them", what benefit would this serve? Nobody would believe Putin if he claimed these were rogue Fake Russians.
    The war crimes weren't by OUR soldiers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

large amounts in 2022 and there is plenty of ways that Russia can make sure their citizens have the bare minimum even in a recession/depression/pandemic/etc.
    Russia and Ukraine make about 1/3 of globally traded wheat, of which many countries are extremely dependent, notably in the Arab World.

Add-in to that that they also produce together with Belarus as sizable chunk of the various fertilizers other food producer need and the picture is not getting better.

At least here one of the very first things our government did was reassure us by releasing our strategic reserves of fertilizer... but that did not sound reassuring for the much less affluent rest of the world...

More so out of choice than necessity. Starvation is not a necessity in the world, even as we grow the population up to 8 billion people. It doesn't cost that much to make sure everyone has the bare minimum amount of food.

If that's true then why aren't our Democrat leaders fixing that? Here in California there is multiple pathways for broke or homeless people to get free food, so starvation here must be caused by a lack of knowledge and not because food is unobtainable.
    My god. Are you on earth?
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    if i was in the russian army i would simply desert and get asylum in the much more comfortable west than die in an unprovoked war.
    obviously this is a silly assumption as i imagine they are propogandized heavily. but the west should offer asylum and $ to russian deserters
    Your family just got unalived. Otherwise there'd probably be more desertions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of some anecdotes of the first Sino-Vietnam War. The PLA having trained using Soviet tactics, ending killing more of their own soldiers in tanks by; crashes, bridge failures, etc.
    Somehow cruising around on the Sudeten fields in summer didnt translate to the mountains and jungles of SE Asia...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    At this point I'm expecting Ukrainian delegation at the upcoming second talks to open with "ceasefire, Russian forces removed from internationally recognized Ukrainian territory" demand, and the West to roll with it.

To all the "think of the children, Ukraine needs to surrender fast" people, leave Ukraine to Ukrainians, Russia is screwed and Putin is prone to be hanged on a lamppost by actually patriotic Russians for making the respectability of Russia worth shit. Here's a quote (about Left-bank Ukraine) that's aging better and better with each passing day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Meh, couple hour ride, does not matter in Kremlin.
    (hint: 5 days later, they still haven't really entered that region)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc