Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    One of those choices makes you commit war crimes, the other not. If not committing war crimes is something you think is a good idea the choice is obvious.
    I guess, by that logic, any French not going into the Resistance was a Nazi collaborator. Great logic right there !

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Sure, you have a choice. Follow order or go to jail.?
    you aren't going to jail for deserting on or defying Putin. We're talking about a man who has murdered millions single-handedly and inflicts the most heinous torture imaginable on other humans, and doesn't make this hidden but asserts it as his image of strength. As we've seen from his advisors lying to him, everyone is terrified of him and what he will do to you and everyone you know.

That's why not many people betray him or think of the idea.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Are you familiar with what you can get if you refused to follow orders or get conscripted (if you do not have the right connection) ?
    Radiation poisoning apparently.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Oh, speaking of callbacks:

Hey Mihalik, how do you feel about this early December post? And also, how do you feel about leading questions?
    I wish I were wrong. But if the question is - Will Russia do something horrible/miserable? The answer will be yes.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2022-03-31 at 12:57 PM.

Such bravado, I am impressed.

Are you familiar with what you can get if you refused to follow orders or get conscripted (if you do not have the right connection) ?
    I don't wholly believe the training exercises excuse because it's doubtful they order you to rape and pillage fur coats during those programs.

Such bravado, I am impressed.

Every single member of the russian military has the chance to kill their commanding officer and deserting. Those who don't, deserve a bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    https://metro.co.uk/2022/03/31/chern...ning-16377485/

All I can say is NO FUCKING DUH. Unless you are equipped with the proper gear, they were going to get that poisoning eventually. I know Putin is known for poisoning people with polonium, but jesus fucking christ, now he is killing is own loyal troops with an area that no one wanted. Apparently they are taking them by the bus load to Belarus because they are getting sick with radiation sickness.
    I thought they were dumb enough to go there to get handfuls of nuclear waste for slinging at civilians. - Or trying to produce super villains.You think Putin is going to sue Marvel for being misled?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I thought they were dumb enough to go there to get handfuls of nuclear waste for slinging at civilians. - Or trying to produce super villains.You think Putin is going to sue Marvel for being misled?
    Russia could have sued already, after Marvel ripped Russia off, with their Fantastic Four. Going to space and getting super powers in an experiment.
    Poor Laika...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    you aren't going to jail for deserting on or defying Putin. We're talking about a man who has murdered millions single-handedly and inflicts the most heinous torture imaginable on other humans, and doesn't make this hidden but asserts it as his image of strength. As we've seen from his advisors lying to him, everyone is terrified of him and what he will do to you and everyone you know.

That's why not many people betray him or think of the idea.
    What do you think would happen if Putin started killing of deserters by the dozens/hundreds?

Geez, most teenagers have a better geopolitical understanding than you.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    What do you mean, misled? This is part of the Russian plan, everything is proceeding according to the objectives of the special military operation. Typical westerners, failing to understand the Russian mindset and projecting their own failing anti-radiation sickness ideals onto everyone else!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Typical westerners, failing to understand the Russian mindset and projecting their own failing anti-radiation sickness ideals onto everyone else!
    Maybe the Russians are taking ivermectin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    What do you mean, misled? This is part of the Russian plan, everything is proceeding according to the objectives of the special military operation. Typical westerners, failing to understand the Russian mindset and projecting their own failing anti-radiation sickness ideals onto everyone else!
    Lies and propaganda from West. Was success! Now, Russia has their Зимняя Гвардия.
    Must wait on specifics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    What do you think would happen if Putin started killing of deserters by the dozens/hundreds?

Geez, most teenagers have a better geopolitical understanding than you.
    Uh, I can tell you what would happen.

We'd shrug and go "Russians doing Russian things..."
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    What do you think would happen if Putin started killing off deserters by the dozens/hundreds?
    he's already deployed hit squads on the battlefield to execute deserters and intimidate the rest. This shows Putin has plenty of people still loyal to him.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    he's already deployed hit squads on the battlefield to execute deserters and intimidate the rest. This shows Putin has plenty of people still loyal to him.
    Sources for those hit squads ?

And the "Special Operation" is supported by 83% of the Russian population it seems according to the lastest survey (obv, take it with a grain of salt)

Sources for those hit squads ?

And the "Special Operation" is supported by 83% of the Russian population it seems according to the lastest survey (obv, take it with a grain of salt)
    https://torontosun.com/news/world/ru...ters-defectors
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...N-BIRRELL.html
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...-kill-26534705
    https://www.the-sun.com/news/4956617...wn-men-desert/

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    That argument hasn't had any wings since the Nürnberg trials.
    I got no choice, I'm just following orders or I might get jailed or worse.
    People bring up the Nuremberg trials as if the moral force of arguments made by the prosecution should outweigh a foot soldier's natural instinct for self preservation in the present day. Especially fanciful when most of the cannon fodder probably know nothing about Nuremberg.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/...slaught-a77159 (The Moscow Times is a reputable publication, despite the name, it had recently been forced to relocate its operations to the Netherlands).

Russian President Vladimir Putin's approval rating jumped by over 10% amid his offensive in neighboring Ukraine, according to a poll by the independent Levada Center polling agency published Wednesday.

Eighty-three percent of Russian respondents said they approve of Putin’s actions in March, Levada said, up from 71% in February and 69% in January.
    I just don't fucking understand Russians. Or, I truly fail to grasp just how phenomenally successful Russian domestic propaganda is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    People bring up the Nuremberg trials as if the moral force of arguments made by the prosecution should outweigh the natural instinct for self preservation of a foot soldier in the present day. Especially fanciful when most of the cannon fodder probably know nothing about Nuremberg.
    That would imply the soldiers themselves are without a grain of moral understanding. Carpet shell entire towns should bring up an ounce of thought process of soldiers viewing it in their binoculars or entering the premise.
    Just maybe 100% of the buildings are not filled with neo-nazis after all.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.