10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-ne...a-use-ukraine/

I KNEW it. China is possibly supplying Russia. In response to the person last page who said how China would support Russia.
    Learn to read, kid.

China is not supporting Russia's war.

I said "possibly" which means it is at the table enough for it to be a concern and not a fantasy.
    Nope. Not on the table. Still a fantasy.

Xi is 68, only a year younger than Putin. Xi quite literally sees himself as a physical god but knows of his mortality.
    Why do you continue to pretend to know exactly what these dictators think in their innermost thoughts?

These sound like schizophrenic delusions to me. You might want to seek medical help.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I believe the China/Taiwan angle is detached enough from the topic of the thread to qualify as derailing. Please stick to discussing the Russia/Ukraine conflict.
    So noted.
    Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2022-03-14 at 08:40 PM.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Hmm...I think the next Civil War will be more related to socioeconomic conditions..
    It doesn't have to be a civil war it can be a takeover of the US government by the right wing using clearly unfair laws shaking any confidence people have in our system. We've already had a president leading an insurrection with no consequences for his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Exactly. Jan 6 was a shitshow all on its own, can you imagine these dress-up soldiers actually in a real warzone? lol
    Is that not what we are witnessing to some degree right now in Ukraine?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

What a staggeringly brave lady!

https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status...45657805373446

Hopefully she will be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post

that's brave but also a tragedy of impulsiveness. I'm not really blowing it out of proportion when I say Putin is willing to currently openly incarcerate, torture, and then murder anyone protesting like that in the most heinous and grisly ways imaginable.

He's always done that but something you people overlook right now (I mean, what's going on in Russia's state is not as important as Ukraine evidently) is how open he is about it, as well as escalating the brutality to intimidate the civilians from acting out of line.

So not much hope for her.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post

She will not, but hats of to her nevertheless.

So anyway, I'll be accepting apologies from everyone that called me a russophobe few years back for the next 8 seconds.

Edit: time is up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    So anyway, I'll be accepting apologies from everyone that called me a russophobe few years back for the next 8 seconds.
    How could anyone have called you a Russophobe a few years back when you've only been on MMO-C for two weeks?

Weird.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp all of the former and current Intercept writers are shilling for Putin now.

Me from 2016-2022, reminding you the Intercept is 95% propaganda with like 5% "journalism".

Do Republicans still like to pretend they'd be super duper soldier people and stick around to fight an actual fucking war?

Ah yes, the same people who can't so much as wear a piece of cotton on their face for their country. I bet those guys would definitely fight with their lives for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. Jan 6 was a shitshow all on its own, can you imagine these dress-up soldiers actually in a real warzone? lol
    Their opponents would be like Liechtenstein during the Austro Prussian War.

- - - Updated - - -

He's just repeating shit he reads on Reddit, or hears in garbage YT videos. Makes him a prophet!

Certainly still needs some sort of help, though.
    >.>
    <.<

Remember what we (humanity) did to the last supposed real prophet?
    Off topic, anyone any good at carpentry? Anyone have good deals on Lumber? Nails? I'll even highball the cost. I'll pay $441 USD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by grapemask View Post
    ah yes, the same people who can't so much as wear a piece of cotton on their face for their country. I bet those guys would definitely fight with their lives for it.
    give us our applebee's appetizers and beer or give us death!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    give us our applebee's appetizers and beer or give us death!
    You're gonna get em going, talkin all fancy like.

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Hmm, something to note - if Russia is destroying Ukraine's industries, then that is a really shitty but still a sign that plans for full occupation/puppet regime might not be happening. Shit, but kinda good in a very roundabout way.

Also good to see that that Western media is having a bit more clear-headed look and are reporting analyst warnings about the attempts of possible encirclement in Donbas - something which was predicted before the war.
    Obviously Ukrainian MoD knows this very well, they are of the same general school as Russians. From how the front is moving in south-east/east the decision to abandon the Donetsk frontline (which is in the shelling distance of Donetsk itself) will have to be taken soon. What I want to know is if they plan to do the same with Kratamorsk as with Mariupol - few thousand troops stay and drag out the siege.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Unsure that depends on how long Trumpism last because the next Trump can easily turn this country into a dictatorship. Also can you imagine how screwed Ukraine would be right now if Trump was in charge?
    I am going to assume less deliveries from USA itself, but otherwise it would be the same, rest of NATO would still feed it with weapons and provide real-time intel from the constantly patrolling planes (something people really ignore/undervalue). It's an opportunity too valuable to pass up, Trump could not stop it fully even if he wanted to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    You're gonna get em going, talkin all fancy like.
    That song is a war crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I am going to assume less deliveries from USA itself, but otherwise it would be the same, rest of NATO would still feed it with weapons and provide real-time intel from the constantly patrolling planes (something people really ignore/undervalue). It's an opportunity too valuable to pass up, Trump could not stop it fully even if he wanted to.
    I don't think he would be able to stop the deliveries that gets approved by congress but he would slow them down not to mention watering down sanctions. One of Trump's goal was to destroy NATO and have Russia rejoin the G7. It would certainly be interesting times to say the least having a Putin stooge in the white house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny, but maybe let's not devalue actual war crimes at the current moment, eh?

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Their incestors worked hard so they could have that life.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Funny, but maybe let's not devalue actual war crimes at the current moment, eh?
    Would "crime against humanity" work?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Would "crime against humanity" work?
    Yeah, that works.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Fox News correspondent Benjamin Hall injured while reporting in Ukraine
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/benjami...ng-in-ukraine/
    Fox News correspondent Benjamin Hall was injured while reporting near Ukraine's capital, the network said Monday. It's not yet clear how he was injured or how severe his injuries are, though he has been hospitalized.

"Earlier today, our correspondent Benjamin Hall was injured while newsgathering outside of Kyiv in Ukraine," Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott said in a memo to employees. "We have a minimal level of details right now, but Ben is hospitalized and our teams on the ground are working to gather additional information as the situation quickly unfolds."

Hall recently made headlines for rebuking Greg Gutfield, co-host of the Fox News political talk show "The Five," after he said on-air that the reporting from Ukraine "is a lot like other stories that we've gone through in the digital age in which an image is taken and then played over and over and over again to create some kind of emotional response out of you, because that makes a profit for news companies."

"This is not the media trying to drum up some emotional response," Hall said. "This is absolutely what's happening."

"It is an absolute catastrophe," he added. "And the people caught in the middle are the ones who are really suffering."