Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Old soviet method of distracting its citizens from internal problems by giving them external war.

Also Putin got demented and wants to go into history as one to rebuild "great russia" whatever its supposed to be.
    Yep, he's trying to go down in history as the one who combined Russia's imperial, Soviet and orthodox christian legacy in some sort of quasi-Byzantine empire.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2022-02-24 at 07:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Russian MO the last couple of years: anyone who doesn't agree with you is a nazi. Navalny: nazi, Zelensky: nazi, Belarusian opposition: nazi.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    We'll see. But as I said elsewhere, the West is going to abandon Ukraine. Nobody should have any doubt about that. Nobody is prepared to do anything more than sanctions over a country that's not in NATO or the EU. Especially not trading blows with another nuclear power.

Sad, but that's the truth of it.
    Oh I agree with that statement. The "West" will not even bother to budge, in terms of boots on the ground, till their home is bombed. Sadly it might be too late by then.

For those that need a reminder, think about when the USA got involved in WW2. We won't do shit till our civilians are killed on our home turf.

Edit: Spelling
    Last edited by Antipathy1018; 2022-02-24 at 07:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    We'll see. But as I said elsewhere, the West is going to abandon Ukraine. Nobody should have any doubt about that. Nobody is prepared to do anything more than sanctions over a country that's not in NATO or the EU. Especially not trading blows with another nuclear power.

Sad, but that's the truth of it.
    I think they kind of have to, it's looking like everyone has massively underestimated Russia's capabilities. Next step is looking at how to deal with it should they decide to push on.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    If anyone thinks sanctions don't do anything, check the Russian markets in free fall since yesterday. The Russian MOEX down over 33% today. For comparison the Black Monday/Black Tuesday 1929 Great Depression stock market crash was a little under a 24% drop. Their markets have been dropping so severely that it raises some concerns about their long-term economic stability after this.

On the Chinese flights to Taiwan's IDZ I'd suggest doing some more homework there. It's fairly well known that China does those incursions into Taiwan's IDZ almost daily and has for a long time, that is not a new development at all. Nor is it a sign of an imminent invasion. And any media source trying to present it as such is being misleading.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alkyd View Post
    Doesn't US and EU already have sanctions in place for China? Putting more sanctions on China will only bring it closer to Russia.
    Again proving my point. China and Russia joining is what we have done and now after 80 years a fight for who is right is under way.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Sure, question is, how much? What is the long term plan? Russia does not exactly have the best economy to cope with this.
    We, of course, know that he and his cronies won't suffer that much, aside from cash and properties being lost in the West right now.
    Beat the people if they complain to loud. Imprison or kill them if anyone actually rallies any sort of support.

I fully expect those around Putin's inner circle to have moved their money to somewhere safe from EU/US sanctions.

Like we see in NK. Leaders like Putin do not care about the suffering of their people, and they themselves have enriched themselves enough to not care.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I've thought about it some more, read more of putin's talks, and I think what we have here is that Putin finds homosexuality, pedophilia, trans, etc. so completely vile and morally evil on such a massive scale, that he would VASTLY prefer nuking the entire Earth before allowing his own people to become instilled with such values. So I think for him its stop him and everyone dies.

This is the Great Filter.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Nah, this is more like the "last gasp" of imperialism where Russia/China want to grab the last few things they can before the world becomes more liberalized, civilized, globalized, and less tolerant of initiating warfare.
    What a truly incredible comfort to the people victimized in the here and now to take such a view.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    This means the following; whichever country the reasonable world wishes to defend, they need to station their troops with nuclear armaments as a direct deterrent.
    Nukes are not a deterrent to Putin. Blowing up the entire Earth and exterminating the human race is on the table for him I think.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I've thought about it some more, read more of putin's talks, and I think what we have here is that Putin finds homosexuality, pedophilia, trans, etc. so completely vile and morally evil on such a massive scale, that he would VASTLY prefer nuking the entire Earth before allowing his own people to become instilled with such values. So I think for him its stop him and everyone dies.

This is the Great Filter.
    Man, I see you're still consistent in having absolutely insane theories detached from reality.

Also, 10/10 for the "unintentional" association of homosexuality or being trans with pedophilia. Stay classy, dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Beat the people if they complain to loud. Imprison or kill them if anyone actually rallies any sort of support.

I fully expect those around Putin's inner circle to have moved their money to somewhere safe from EU/US sanctions.

Like we see in NK. Leaders like Putin do not care about the suffering of their people, and they themselves have enriched themselves enough to not care.
    If Russia wants to go the way of NK, a tiny, weak nation-state that's dependent on a larger one to event operate on a daily basis, they can be my guest.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Would never happen, because if one country launches, I guarantee every country launches.
    Dead planet as I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Dead planet as I said.
    A nuke war would fuck shit up but good, but we'd hardly end up with a "dead planet."

I would begin fleeing major cities ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    If Russia wants to go the way of NK, a tiny, weak nation-state that's dependent on a larger one to event operate on a daily basis, they can be my guest.
    That is what the West should be pushing for with a complete financial and economic isolation of Russia. But seems Germany is sucking the Russian gas teat to hard to do that.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    If anyone thinks sanctions don't do anything, check the Russian markets in free fall since yesterday. The Russian MOEX down over 33% today. For comparison the Black Monday/Black Tuesday 1929 Great Depression stock market crash was a little under a 24% drop. Their markets have been dropping so severely that it raises some concerns about their long-term economic stability after this.

On the Chinese flights to Taiwan's IDZ I'd suggest doing some more homework there. It's fairly well known that China does those incursions into Taiwan's IDZ almost daily and has for a long time, that is not a new development at all. Nor is it a sign of an imminent invasion. And any media source trying to present it as such is being misleading.
    The flip side is that every other market is falling also. You seem to forget a few things.

1. We have all become sloppily connected financially.

2. Putin does not care as long as China backs his play.

3. Corps will play both sides until they can make a winner or a winner is decided.

Now please I am trying to reread Solo Leveling, and have to walk to the corner store for cigs. Also anyone that wants to come at my position please do just read my other post about no gods being here and know it might take time to reply, this thread is moving fast over shit already done. Russia won, sadly, and Taiwan is next. I don't like it, but this is how it is, anyone entertaining thoughts that Ukraine is not done for don't @ or quote me, it was over before it started.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    What a truly incredible comfort to the people victimized in the here and now to take such a view.
    Get the fuck off your high horse. You have had 80 years of unprecedented peace and forgotten what humans really are, your "moral high ground" shit is less then noise in the wind and always has been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    That is what the West should be pushing for with a complete financial and economic isolation of Russia. But seems Germany is sucking the Russian gas teat to hard to do that.
    I mean, they get like 50% of their energy from Russia without a good flip to switch to just move away from it.

Like, yeah, I can understand the German government not wanting their population to just freeze to death and starve.

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy1018 View Post
    Get the fuck off your high horse. You have had 80 years of unprecedented peace and forgotten what humans really are, your "moral high ground" shit is less then noise in the wind and always has been.
    Huh? Did you respond to the wrong person?

I was responding to the weird optimistic poster taking the stance of "it's just the last gasp of imperialism before the world is perfect" because it is a cavalier and stupid attitude that ignores the problems of the present, like if you walked up to someone dying from a disease and told them "don't worry, we'll have a cure in a century!" It turns out they will probably not care. What matters is now.
    Last edited by Tyris Flare; 2022-02-24 at 07:58 PM.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Its a serious issue and a time for unity rather than getting angry at people
    The time to be serious and show unity was over the past 5 years. Like in my civil war talks. THAT should have been taken VERY serious as I included the possibility that Putin would get involved. Because over the past 5 years, discussion could lead to solutions to avert what is happening now.

This is not the time for ... anything. The die has been cast now. It is too late. Discussion is pointless. Now we are just spectators. It is out of our hands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, I see you're still consistent in having absolutely insane theories detached from reality.

Also, 10/10 for the "unintentional" association of homosexuality or being trans with pedophilia. Stay classy, dude.
    You sound completely detached from reality, not me. Your post is awful. You literally name-called me, said I'm insane, that then IMMEDIATELY asked ME to stay classy. Why don't YOU stay classy and stop attacking posters? Take a break. Go for a walk. Your head isn't in it right now. You are rambling off and on with a post pointing in multiple directions.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2022-02-24 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Please refrain from glorifying mass destruction.