Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Like 90% of her screentime in the MCU prior to WandaVision was in Age of Ultron, which is arguably the most panned entry in the franchise.

So if someone's impressions of her are made largely based on that...
    Even in AoU, she had...what, 30-40 lines? She was advertised far more than she was actually relevant. Mostly because, like Whedon tends to do, it was pretty much just jerking off Tony Stark (and Tony Stark's surrogate clone robot son) for the majority of the time, while still somehow failing to make the latter compelling or long-term relevant.

Fuck Age of Ultron. Ditto for the Natasha and Bruce bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Even in AoU, she had...what, 30-40 lines?
    Wow... impressive. She actually had 35 lines, apparently.

Good guess.

Fuck Age of Ultron.
    I mean, when I rewatched the entire MCU just before Endgame came out, AoU wasn't as bad as I remembered it being, mostly because I understood its context in the broader story.

As a standalone, though, it wasn't terribly compelling.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Wow... impressive. She actually had 35 lines, apparently.

Good guess.
    If only I was as good as that at anything I actually want to accomplish outside of professional stuff!

I mean, when I rewatched the entire MCU just before Endgame came out, AoU wasn't as bad as I remembered it being, mostly because I understood its context in the broader story.

As a standalone, though, it wasn't terribly compelling.
    Same, albeit I think a lot of more talented writers in better films worked forward from that premise.

It's just all so squandered and I feel like Whedon only gets Stark and nobody else, to the detriment of most other characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just all so squandered and I feel like Whedon only gets Stark and nobody else, to the detriment of most other characters.
    Well, Stark and Ultron; James Spader played the role extremely well, too.

But yeah, that sounds like about as fair a criticism of it as I can think of. The rest of the characters were just way too flat.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Even then, Ultron turned into a weird Tony surrogate rather than be his own thing. Even his central premise started with "oh, he and Bruce made him together!" and it's immediately forgotten and leans entirely on him because only one person is allowed to be smart. And then it's just an avatar of his ego so he can have the same arc as in Avengers 2012.

But yeah, I'll stop. Just bitter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well i actually didn't mind Wanda in AoU, i think it was fine, my problem was with her brother, can't swallow that one, prefer Ralph Bonner

New trailers and infos about the movie are appearing, and seems like some rumors are confirmed

10+ Year Old Account
    Another new short teaser released.

Not much new footage. About the only semi-interesting thing I saw was Wanda casually destroying an Ultron bot head.

Spoiler: 

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Isn’t there rumor of a supreme Iron man in the trailer too, possibly played by Tom Cruise?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayorovd View Post
    Isn’t there rumor of a supreme Iron man in the trailer too, possibly played by Tom Cruise?
    There was a totally unfounded rumor from a month or more ago, but the recent trailers make it extremely obvious that the figure that people were wishing was Supreme Iron Man... isn't even a "him", let alone him.

Could Superior Iron Man be in the film? Perhaps; there are Ultron bots, after all, so some kind of Iron Man would be unsurprising. Could it be Tom Cruise? Perhaps, but there's absolutely nothing aside from rampant speculation to suggest that it could be.

From earlier ITT:
    Definitely no goatee. Sorry, Superior Iron Man fans.

Spoiler: 

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

There was a totally unfounded rumor from a month or more ago, but the recent trailers make it extremely obvious that the figure that people were wishing was Supreme Iron Man... isn't even a "him", let alone him.

Could Superior Iron Man be in the film? Perhaps; there are Ultron bots, after all, so some kind of Iron Man would be unsurprising. Could it be Tom Cruise? Perhaps, but there's absolutely nothing aside from rampant speculation to suggest that it could be.
    There was a fake trailer too, I assume in reaction to the rumor, but it looked neat.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

From earlier ITT:
    I hate to tell you this but that guy you quoted? 12 of his 14 posts is just copy/pasted from other users. Check post #64 of this thread and you'll see something familiar.

5+ Year Old Account
    I just saw the trailer and I want to see this movie so bad, especially when it’s being played by my favorite actor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another new trailer. Some new footage, but I didn't see anything terribly note-worthy.

And, bonus (though off-topic), Marvel released a teaser for Thor: Love and Thunder today, as well.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I swear, if they do the same thing with Patrick Stewart that they did with Evan Peters in WandaVision, ima lose my shit.
    I'm rewatching WandaVision (better be prepared !) and I can understand why they did that. If they had taken any random actor other than Aaron Taylor-Johnson for Pietro, the viewers would have immediately understood that it was not Pietro. But giving us Evan Peters have made us doubt and we couldn't guess he was totally unrelated, as there was that small chance he could really be Pietro Maximoff.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    They were talking about dreams/nightmares at the time this was going on, so my assumption right now is that they're just within her nightmares. Whether there will be more (I expect there will), is another matter.
    Yeah that's pretty much a given the children will be a/the major plot point for that movie. Also hoping for "project Cataract" Vision to be there, as well as a showdown between Strange and Wanda (and not necessarily both teaming up from the get go against whoever is the big threat of that movie)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet another new trailer. I'll let someone else figure what is actually new stuff, but the line about trying not to break the multiverse... lol
    Not much new here.

Though I do wonder who this is that Strange is jumping over. It isn't an Ultron bot. The scene looks like the Illuminati building, so it could be Mordo, or it could be another one of the Illuminati, but it's too blurred for the few frames it lasts.

Spoiler: 

Only a couple more weeks left to wait!

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    My assumption was actually the same as your "could be" option. Seemed the more logical choice based on the blur you see lol
    I guess it does rather match his outfit, doesn't it?

Spoiler: 

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

7+ Year Old Account
    I have to say that Mordo is looking fucking badass in this movie, great improvement from the last one

10+ Year Old Account
    So, uh... I assumed, like I think some others did, that Scarlet Witch was the one attacking Kamar-Taj, especially since we saw this image from the Super Bowl TV spot.

Spoiler: 

That seemed to be confirmed in a later trailer when we got a closeup of Scarlet Witch in flight in what appears to be Kamar-Taj setting.

Spoiler: 

But after watching this short video about Sam Raimi's direction of the film, I saw the same scene again and noticed that... those figures don't look to be the same. The person flying in the first image appears to be wearing a cape, while Scarlet Witch in the second image only has a... I don't know what to call it... a duster tail? a mudflap? Regardless, it only covers the back of her legs.

Honestly, the first image is more likely to be a shot of Strange's back, as he floats above Kamar-Taj waiting for the ominous cloud to roll in. Later shots of fighting in Kamar-Taj are in the dark, like the clouds have covered the sky completely, yet the shot of Scarlet Witch is still sunny.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Scarlet Witch version is actually a protagonist while the plain-clothes Wanda we see do most of the fighting in these trailers is an antagonist. She may be helping him in Kamar-Taj, rather than opposing him.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Another new trailer drop.

Some more new footage again, but not much new to be learned.

They officially confirm the presence of the Illuminati.

And we see another eyeball reflection zoom-in of Scarlet Witch, this time showing what appears to be some of the zombie/wraiths, perhaps.

Spoiler: 

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Damn the number of trailers/commercial spots... Have we seen all the movie yet ?

I've only watched the official trailer which was packed with spoilers (should have avoided it) and dodged all the rest but damn it will become increasingly difficult to not be spoiled on the internet when it'll be released.