Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So the same people learning about a system from the same source as the quote don't know enough to know what that system is?

https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/the-sta...pulcher-325004
    I see nothing on that page (including the legendary section) that says you will need to do the zone to revered in order to unlock the second legendary. They don't even mention the second legendary.

"The Cypher of the First Ones is a very big system, which will drive a majority of outdoor content, and will be available week 1. The major goal is to incentivize exploration, though raiders should be able to ignore the system if they want to - no raid player power will be bound to it."

"Majority of the outdoor content".... "raiders should be able to ignore"
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2022-01-12 at 06:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    1) blaming the customer is not going to help you, even if they are wrong. Who is right doesn't matter from a business perspective. This isn't about a client and a boss or a personal relationship with your spouse and comparing the two shows a profound lack of comprehension on your part.
    2) they could have sent an email to a few content creators and reached hundreds of thousands of people with a few minutes of effort.
    The customer is not always right. Again if a door says push to open and you pull is the door at fault? You are saying it is always the doors fault instead of it being the person who opened the door incorrectly. You are already establishing that the well is so poisoned that anything the do wouldn't matter because you are literally blaming them for the fault of the customer hearing incorrectly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I see nothing on that page (including the legendary section) that says you will need to do the zone to revered in order to unlock the second legendary.
    That isn't what you stated though. You stated people wouldn't know about the Cypher system to understand what "No power tied to the Cypher system" would mean. Stop moving the goal posts because you were so easily shown to be wrong. Lol.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The customer is not always right. Again if a door says push to open and you pull is the door at fault? You are saying it is always the doors fault instead of it being the person who opened the door incorrectly. You are already establishing that the well is so poisoned that anything the do wouldn't matter because you are literally blaming them for the fault of the customer hearing incorrectly.

- - - Updated - - -

That isn't what you stated though. You stated people wouldn't know about the Cypher system to understand what "No power tied to the Cypher system" would mean. Stop moving the goal posts because you were so easily shown to be wrong. Lol.
    They didn't really say what the cypher system was though. They just gave pretty vague statements that it will be involved with most outdoor content and will have bonuses. I saw nothing in there that alludes to raiders having to do the zone.

15+ Year Old Account
    They didn't really say what the cypher system was though. They just gave pretty vague statements that it will be involved with most outdoor content and will have bonuses. I saw nothing in there that alludes to raiders having to do the zone.
    Again "Raiders having to do the zone" isn't what you asked for. You also are not reading the summary WoWhead provided on the link

The Cypher of the First Ones is a very big system, which will drive a majority of outdoor content, and will be available week 1. The major goal is to incentivize exploration, though raiders should be able to ignore the system if they want to - no raid player power will be bound to it.
    Raiders won't have to do the Cypher of the First Ones system. That doesn't equal raiders won't have to do the zone or any reputation tied to the zone. Just that they will not have to do the Cypher system. You are reading things that are not there just so you can be upset.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Having player power behind non-raid/dungeon/PvP content is fine, but surely it could be a bit more exciting than braindead single-player chores with zero challenge & zero excitement? Pure carrot on a stick gameplay with absolutely no merit to it whatsoever.

Someone said earlier that people enjoy that sort of stuff, but I personally don't see why there can't be an alternative way to unlock such a reward for people who don't wanna stack shelves for NPCs. AotC/+20s/2100 or something...
    Absolutely.

There then should also be any easy/“brain dead” way for players to get 252 instead having to do challenging content.

Just so it’s fair for both groups and all.

You are reading things that are not there just so you can be upset.
    This statement sums up what the majority of MMO-Champ has become
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

And yet when I suggest we take that idea and apply it to everything you accuse me of controlling people and getting off on it. Isn't it weird how your superior idea requires you to insult people rather then actually discuss the idea? If you are going to disconnect World content from raiding you can't just do it where it is in favor of the raiders, right? Why not fully disconnect it like I stated? Raiders have to gear up for world content because their raid gear won't work. It is just for raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Because it is a game that is more then just raiding. It isn't bad that people raid log but expecting the game to cater to that playstyle is silly.

- - - Updated - - -

So if they are doing the same things over and over why would you fear something that isn't what they have been doing with Pathfinder? You are shifting the goal posts into pre-ordering lol.
    Apply it properly how. Articulate your argument I can't read it from inside your head. If you are trying to say world content should scale gear it has since bfa legion hasn't it? I admit I honestly can't tell a difference since the difficulty is set on "right click and you win" even on cloth caster characters. Nobody really cares about world content its just to trivial to put thought into.

Having no player power in the zone would reduce the participation to zero.

Imagine having to play the game in order to advance your character.

You are reading things that are not there just so you can be upset.
    This is why Blizzard should stop communicating with the community altogether. This community has proven time and time again that it cannot interpret anything the developers say from a remotely impartial viewpoint; they'll just take whatever was said, manipulate to form whatever "Blizzard bad" argument they deem appropriate and proceed to harass the developers endlessly for failing to do something they never said they'd do in the first place. Remove the PTR. Remove the community council. Turn off the official forums. This community is a wasteland of cynicism and negativity; Blizzard trying to "do the right thing," will just make it worse. Radio silence from Blizzard is the only solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    This statement sums up what the majority of MMO-Champ has become
    I think that after years players tolerance of being made to do chores they don't enjoy is just getting closer and closer to zero. People are getting tired of being told to do hours to boring shit to get to the content they enjoy. It is anti content and from legiononwards they suffer everytime they try it.

The playerbase has always been irate at these alternative power systems its just hit its boiling point where there is zero tolerance for the whisper of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    Having no player power in the zone would reduce the participation to zero.

Imagine having to play the game in order to advance your character.
    If the content is so bad no one wants to do it I would argue they shouldnt of wasted time and money producing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sucralose View Post
    Apply it properly how. Articulate your argument I can't read it from inside your head. If you are trying to say world content should scale gear it has since bfa legion hasn't it? I admit I honestly can't tell a difference since the difficulty is set on "right click and you win" even on cloth caster characters. Nobody really cares about world content its just to trivial to put thought into.
    Huh? You can't formulate what "applying disconnecting Raids and World content" means? I am saying that nothing from raiding should work in world content if nothing from world content should be allowed to offer rewards useful for raiding. You are so focused on insulting and whatever argument you are looking for that you can't see the simple discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    This is why Blizzard should stop communicating with the community altogether. This community has proven time and time again that it cannot interpret anything the developers say from a remotely impartial viewpoint; they'll just take whatever was said, manipulate to form whatever "Blizzard bad" argument they deem appropriate and proceed to harass the developers endlessly for failing to do something they never said they'd do in the first place. Remove the PTR. Remove the community council. Turn off the official forums. This community is a wasteland of cynicism and negativity; Blizzard trying to "do the right thing," will just make it worse. Radio silence from Blizzard is the only solution.
    Why would the community take anything from an impartial viewpoint ever? It isn't a fair and balanced relationship... its a business and a consumer the consumer TOWERS of the business like a god.

If blizzard does anything the community dislikes the community should be slapping them in the face and telling them to do better. Blizzards response should be to apologize profusely and immediately work on it via how the community described.

That is healthy communication from a company to its customers.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think that after years players tolerance of being made to do chores they don't enjoy is just getting closer and closer to zero. People are getting tired of being told to do hours to boring shit to get to the content they enjoy. It is anti content and from legiononwards they suffer everytime they try it.
    So quit? If the game is no longer enjoyable and was only barely tolerable in the first place then why keep playing it? You can do raiding without double legendaries and part of the Race to World First will take place with out them and may even finish with out them so it isn't even required.

Huh? You can't formulate what "applying disconnecting Raids and World content" means? I am saying that nothing from raiding should work in world content if nothing from world content should be allowed to offer rewards useful for raiding. You are so focused on insulting and whatever argument you are looking for that you can't see the simple discussion.
    See you managed to spit out your point finally. Sure so long as weapons work for ability prompts. There is already world scaling via ilv you are literally just talking about turning off trinket procs. It is world content... I can aoe down a dozen mobs naked no one cares.

15+ Year Old Account
    See you managed to spit out your point finally. Sure so long as weapons work for ability prompts. There is already world scaling via ilv you are literally just talking about turning off trinket procs. It is world content... I can aoe down a dozen mobs naked no one cares.
    I'm curious if you thought through what you are asking. A complete disconnect between Raid and non-raid content. Don't you think people will be upset if their raid gear won't be useful in the "easiest" content as you put it? Because we can't have the two mingle, right?
    I did it in my first response about it. You just failed to see it because you are to focused on silly insults and dismissals.

I did it in my first response about it. You just failed to see it because you are to focused on silly insults and dismissals.
    Again I think your big issue is you think people can instantly jump the logical pits in your points and understand you. I have no idea what disconnect between raid and world content means... mobs already scale via ilv going to far as to scan your bank so you can't cheat it.

I guess we can turn off trinket procs to preserve your precious aoeing down of a dozen mobs... wouldn't wanna trivialize that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Again I think your big issue is you think people can instantly jump the logical pits in your points and understand you. I have no idea what disconnect between raid and world content means... mobs already scale via ilv going to far as to scan your bank so you can't cheat it.
    So I'm at fault because you can't understand what the concept we are discussing? You are the one that suggested no world content should reward power useful in raids. I asked if you thought what a full disconnect of the two would mean. It means anything gained in raids wouldn't be usable in world content. Because fair is fair, right? It would mean having two seperate sets of progression. One that is raid-only and one that is world content only.

So I'm at fault because you can't understand what the concept we are discussing? You are the one that suggested no world content should reward power useful in raids. I asked if you thought what a full disconnect of the two would mean. It means anything gained in raids wouldn't be usable in world content. Because fair is fair, right? It would mean having two seperate sets of progression. One that is raid-only and one that is world content only.
    Yes because you can't properly express yourself. It is a lot like how someone speaking Japanese in America will struggle. Now you seem to be struggling with the knowledge that ilv already scales. There isn't a need for two sets as world content is so trivial and boring it doesn't matter. Just set it to whatever the default ilv is 200 or whatever. You can't seem to grasp that me saying " I have no interest in world content" really means " I have no interest in world content" Why would I care if I now two shot mobs instead of one shot them?

I don't want to be there attacking them in the first place.

Everyone really just has to stop responding to him, it's pointless in literally every thread.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Do you agree there is a HUGE gap in the power level required to complete a heroic/mythic raid and the power level required to complete a world quest?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.