Page 10 of 142 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd gladly see the child beater out of the AFC West.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

To the Dolphins for a 1st, 2nd, 2 4ths and a 6th. That, plus what they are going to pay him is a ton to give up for a WR.

29th pick, 50th pick, 4th this year and a 4th/6th next year and you get the honor of overpaying the fuck out of a WR. Yeah all the hallmarks of a terrible fucking trade.

I hope Tua continues to be Tua and the Chiefs draft poorly with the picks.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Receiver market is gross.
    /s

All I think this trade means is that the Dolphins might (probably?) be 2nd in the division, and the Pats 3rd.

Unfortunately for us non-Dolphins fans, Hill is exactly the type of WR Tua probably needs: someone who can easily turn a 1 yard dump off into a first down.

Fortunately for us, that means the Dolphins will hold onto Tua much longer than they should, when they should cut and run instead.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell is up with the NFL this offseason? This is starting to look like if you started a Franchise Mode on Madden with a redraft.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    What the hell is up with the NFL this offseason? This is starting to look like if you started a Franchise Mode on Madden with a redraft.
    I unironically LOVE those, but it's been years since I played that. I have a copy of Madden 20 for PC I think too, just never really played it.

NFL is just following the NBA's example in big name players moving everywhere. Now we just need a likeable insider like Woj, instead of Rapaport and Schefter.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    To the Dolphins for a 1st, 2nd, 2 4ths and a 6th. That, plus what they are going to pay him is a ton to give up for a WR.
    I can't believe this deal. That's too much for one player.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The Bills ate a lot of cap in 2019 specifically to get shit contracts off the books. Maybe in 3 years you can be like us.
    Only thing is the Falcons will figure out how to Falcon it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The Bills ate a lot of cap in 2019 specifically to get shit contracts off the books. Maybe in 3 years you can be like us.
    Only thing is the Falcons will figure out how to Falcon it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I can't believe this deal. That's too much for one player.
    That and the ridiculous contract for a WR on top of shooting off that many draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    That and the ridiculous contract for a WR on top of shooting off that many draft picks.
    Especially since he isn't on a rookie deal anymore is what makes this deal so crazy. Ramsey, Mack, Adams all went for 2 firsts and another pick at least, but they all had the advantage of having at least 1 year left on their rookie contract.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    The whole Tyreek to the Dolphins thing smells like heavy owner involvement pushing this.

Ross has done this before. The funny thing is it has NEVER worked out for him when they make moves like this. Dolphins haven't won a post season game in 22 years, and they only even made the playoffs during his ownership once. That's the sign of an owner who doesn't know what they are doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    With how inflated QB and WR contracts are, you pretty much have to choose which you want to pay an elite player... or not have a defense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    With how inflated QB and WR contracts are, you pretty much have to choose which you want to pay an elite player... or not have a defense at all.
    Bills are specifically going 2 TEs this season because we didn't want to pay 4 good WRs. It allowed us to cut Cole Beasley and pick up OJ Howard and save millions in the trade-off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saints can't overpay WR and TE if they don't have any.

/s

The route teams will probably go with WRs is draft them early every 3-4 years and let other teams overpay them. Kind of what they do with RBs already, but they don't even bother drafting those early.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Yeah, they have Taysom Hill instead.
    Last edited by Grube; 2022-03-24 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I mean they have Michael Thomas on a fairly expensive contract (well for the time). I believe it was restructured recently but I don't know the details. If it comes back and actually plays this year it would be an improvement on what they had.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Yeah, they have Taysom Hill instead.
    I like Taysom Hill in the offense, quite a lot actually. As long as it is not a full time QB that is.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Read that and realized WR contracts have basically hit what an "Elite QB" contract would have been like 5 years ago. Yeah no wonder teams are willing to trade these guys rather than resign them.

Then they flame out production wise but still keep their diva personality so they get released and sign a minimum deal to go play for a superteam.

So yeah, basically WRs are now NBA players.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Read that and realized WR contracts have basically hit what an "Elite QB" contract would have been like 5 years ago. Yeah no wonder teams are willing to trade these guys rather than resign them.

Then they flame out production wise but still keep their diva personality so they get released and sign a minimum deal to go play for a superteam.

So yeah, basically WRs are now NBA players.
    Yup, and does a super elite WR provide more value than a good to great QB? Fuck no. Michael Thomas is a prime example. 149 rec, 1725 yards, 9 TD. Take him away for most of the season the following year and what happens? Oh team went further in the playoffs.

And no I'm not saying you can just ignore elite receivers either but remove Tyreek Hill from the Dolphins and instead replace Tua with say Josh Allen or Herbert and put in an average receiver in the place of Hill. How would that team do? Would they be better and get more pre season hype and gambling wagers? Most likely.

I think this WR bubble will burst as teams come back to reality and look at just how much the production matters or doesn't matter in some cases. I'd take three average WR over 1 elite WR and 2 shit WR, but that is me.