The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Supposedly the 2 finalists for buying the Broncos are Walmart and an investment group headed by the guy who owns the New Jersey Devils and is involved in the 76ers somehow and a bunch of other sports teams.

I'd actually prefer Walmart. At least he might try to be competitive so Kroenke doesn't make fun of him at family gatherings.
    Yeah multi-team investor owners tend to not result in "Owner is missing 90% of the time." Which in Denver probably translates to "welcome back to the John Elway show."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    He had literally the greatest QB* of all time on his roster. Who drug average teams (and bad drafts) to the Super Bowl single-handedly. It's not a coincidence that the year Brady was surrounded by actual quality around him, they went 18-0 and we all know but-for a miracle pulled straight out of Eli's ass they would have been 19-0. I feel like on the offensive skill position side of the ball, the only draft pick they ever hit on in the past 20 years was Gronkowski. Which, btw, propelled him to his later Super Bowls.

Also, I absolutely agree with the Bills getting lucky. Allen is the exception that proves the rule. But they've drafted really well outside of Allen on top of that luck. We have 5th and 6th and 7th rounders starting on our #1 defense in the league last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    TIL a 1st round QB developing into a star is just luck, but a 6th round QB developing into the all-time leader in everything is being a good GM.
    I mean if you want to give Brady, a single player, the credit for all of those wins that's pretty ridiculous. Are we pretending New England hasn't had one of the most consistently solid offensive lines since Belichick got there? Are we pretending they haven't had one of the most consistently good/great defenses? Do you honestly think Brady is more talented than Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Wilson and a number of other historically great QBs? Let's imagine an alternate universe where Manning is drafted by Belichick and Brady goes to Indianapolis. Does Manning only win two titles? Does Brady still win seven?

The Patriots have ranked 7th on defense on average since Belichick took over. Being that consistently good for that long (on defense in particular) is not remotely normal, and last I checked Brady wasn't lining up at linebacker.

I was happy about the Allen pick from day one. Long live Wrong Josh.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    He had literally the greatest QB* of all time on his roster. Who drug average teams (and bad drafts) to the Super Bowl single-handedly. It's not a coincidence that the year Brady was surrounded by actual quality around him, they went 18-0 and we all know but-for a miracle pulled straight out of Eli's ass they would have been 19-0. I feel like on the offensive skill position side of the ball, the only draft pick they ever hit on in the past 20 years was Gronkowski. Which, btw, propelled him to his later Super Bowls.
    After the first win in the playoffs from the Giants that year. I knew that they were winning the whole thing. They were just clicking all at the same on offense and defense. In two super bowls before that one, the Giants also beat the Patriots. For that one playoff run in the 18-1 year for the Patriots the Giants were the better team and all things staying the same you play that Superbowl 10 times the Giants beat them 9 out of 10 if not 10 out of 10.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    After the first win in the playoffs from the Giants that year. I knew that they were winning the whole thing. They were just clicking all at the same on offense and defense. In two super bowls before that one, the Giants also beat the Patriots. For that one playoff run in the 18-1 year for the Patriots the Giants were the better team and all things staying the same you play that Superbowl 10 times the Giants beat them 9 out of 10 if not 10 out of 10.
    Giants were I think 3-0 after losing to them in the last regulation game that gave the patriots an undefeated regular season, so as close those games were they did seem to get the edge, but those are still some crazy percentages. They may have played one more game against each other because I thought Pats got one before the team became garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    That's a pretty crazy take. If Welker doesn't drop an uncontested catch the Patriots win that game, or the helmet catch doesn't happen, or the Giants aren't allowed to blatantly interfere with Moss for the entire game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been faked out by bad reporting on the schedule like 4 times now. It's like the NFL decided "you guys wanted schedule leaks to ruin our Schedule Show, fine, we'll give you all the fake leaks and make you sick of them till you are BEGGING us for the Schedule Show to relieve you."

Bring on the Schedule Show I guess. =/

Nice of Jerry Juedy to get arrested. Gives a break from schedule "leaks". Get to speculate on whatever the verbiage on his charge means in Colorado.

Watch it be something dumb like destroying his GF's phone or deflating her tires.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Nice of Jerry Juedy to get arrested. Gives a break from schedule "leaks".
    Not just leaks anymore. Official confirmed all of Week 1 and every team's Home Opener: https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-sc...gn=Twitter_atn

Patriots:

1: at Miami
    2: at Pittsburgh
    3: vs Baltimore

and heavily rumored:

4: at Green Bay

Just brutal start. I was celebrating when the rumors said we wouldn't be in Miami for the first or last 2 weeks of the season and I was DUPED.

If the reports are true, Juedy was arrested after his baby mama called the cops because he locked her wallet in his car after she took his phone. I don't even know what to think about that other than Colorado laws are strange.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Patriots:

1: at Miami
    2: at Pittsburgh
    3: vs Baltimore

and heavily rumored:

4: at Green Bay

Just brutal start. I was celebrating when the rumors said we wouldn't be in Miami for the first or last 2 weeks of the season and I was DUPED.
    Could be worse, Denver's last 6 are Ravens, Chiefs, Cardinals, Rams, Chiefs, Chargers.

I really don't understand why they think the Broncos should have 5 prime time, London and Christmas day games. Even worse the prime time games are 4 of the first 6 weeks. That is NFCE levels of bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 Prime time games, one unofficial Christmas Eve in PT and a season closer vs Kansas that's on flex. The media is all in on pushing the AFCW show this year.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something must be wrong... the Saints have a late bye? Madness, seems like its been week 6 practically every year.

Worst part of our schedule has to be Bengals and Cardinals in the same week,
    /s

Bills aren't underdogs in all 17 of their games this year. This includes @ Rams, @ KC, @ Cincy. First time in Mahomes career he's a home underdog. Lines will shift, obviously, but these are the opening lines.

As a Bills fan of 35 years, this makes me super nervous. Spotlight's on us. The superstitious part of me is sounding alarm bells. Still won't believe it's real until Joshua is hoisting the Lombardi.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So Watson's absolutely getting a 4 week suspension looking at how they avoid any big games for the Browns until after that.

Packers get a very favorable schedule, though. Their big games are all nicely spread out to avoid a "month of death" like some playoff teams from last year. Bye is a bit late but I'd take a later bye over an early one, especially for a team that should by all rights make the playoffs.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The human being in me is hoping they suspend Watson for next year after the scummy tactics the Browns took to ensure he loses like no money if he's suspended this year.

The Bills fan in me wants the Browns to be done and dusted ASAP this year because this is our window.

10+ Year Old Account
    MLB just handed out a 2 year suspension, bet the NFL won't come even close to that, but there's hope.

Looks like Landry is signing with the Saints, been a good year for LSU homecomings.
    /s

MLB just handed out a 2 year suspension, bet the NFL won't come even close to that, but there's hope.

Looks like Landry is signing with the Saints, been a good year for LSU homecomings.
    You wish the NFL had the balls to do a 34 game suspension but we know they don't. Also I'm not sure it would even happen in Watson's situation.

The Saints receiver room is loaded assuming Thomas is finally back healthy. Nice amount of weapons in Thomas/Olave/Landry with Kamara and Taysom Hill also potentially mismatches in their respective positions.

I don't like the Saints/Falcons the first game of the season for either team. You need to let each team wait and play each other later like weeks 5-6. You have to figure out if the Saints will have a paper bag head season or the Falcons will be featherless Falcons first. Then the weaker team gets to beat the superior team so they can pull their hair out after the game.

I don't like the Tampa game the last game either.... Brady either gets a "the falcons have given up game" or it will be meaningless some other way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vince Wilfork got elected to enter the Patriots Hall of Fame (over Mike Vrabel and Logan Mankins). My favorite Patriots defensive player ever.

Also gave way to my favorite Patriots image meme:

Which came into existence after he blocked an important kick on special teams at some point (he had multiple).

<3 Big Vince.

Wish he got more respect for the actual Hall of Fame, but this will have to do for now.

Green bay and their pro vaccine quarterback? Eh. I want all the worse for the Packs. However greenbay at least won the super bowl. And they probably will recruit a good star quarterback in the future. Hopefully no one that eats dill pickles with the cheese. I am looking for them to go with the Sooners next PAC10 winner.