Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think your speculation is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Yall make these bait posts knowing full well it's coming Q1 2023.
    March is Q1.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No drought? 5.4 was the longest drought we had so far.
    Do you have trouble with reading comprehension?
    patches were pumped out fast, until SoO.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    If anyone stays subscribed throughout this period of no content they deserve to get robbed. How long can a new class/race keep you entertained with the same raid and content? We all want a good expansion, but paying $15 for nothing is crazy talk. If the game was F2P then hell yeah, take as long as you want, but you are charging people money for live service content which won't come for over a year.
    Or...or...they just enjoy playing the game

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Late 2022 would be my choice.
    No chance for that anymore though. WotLK Classic will launch late 2022, most likely in November. I guess they switched their places when they realized they couldn't achieve it for the next retail expansion. Other WotLK Classic would have come in Q1/23 instead.

This year has 8 more months left and beta testing hasn't even begun yet. A Dragonflight launch this year is basically out of question.

It'll be Q1/2023 when everything works out, most likely towards the end of Q1 as well.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    Shadowlands will be the longest expansion with the least content in it
    WOD had less content... it was shorter (well, most likely will be, as we dont know when SL ends yet but i doubt they manage to get 10.0 in august ) but it literaly had only 1 major patch as 6.1 added no content...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-04-08 at 07:58 AM.

Since season 4 is recycled content i doubt that they want it to last as long as a real major patch.
    I Hope that its just something newish to do instead of a year+ drought.

Quote Originally Posted by caliphax View Post
    Or...or...they just enjoy playing the game
    I also enjoy Tetris and Pac-Man but don't have to pay monthly fees to play the same game.

I also enjoy Tetris and Pac-Man but don't have to pay monthly fees to play the same game.
    Tetris and packman do not require server farms or updates.

???

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Tetris and packman do not require server farms or updates.

???
    Ok then, Lost Ark which probably has more players than WoW at this point but it's still F2P and doesn't have monthly fees. Your logic doesn't work, sorry.

And I was saying tetris and pac-man because those 2 games are not getting updates for years yet the devs don't feel the need to charge people fees to play the same content patch for over a year, feel me? Also tetris and pac-man have battle-royale modes so you are wrong about the server part. Sure, not even close to being as big as WoW, but should still be mentioned.
    Last edited by Deventh; 2022-04-08 at 11:09 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    This. Anything for a Legion patch release cadence (77 days or less).
    Same. I'll gladly wait for good content rather than rushed content.

Ok then, Lost Ark which probably has more players than WoW at this point but it's still F2P and doesn't have monthly fees. Your logic doesn't work, sorry.

And I was saying tetris and pac-man because those 2 games are not getting updates for years yet the devs don't feel the need to charge people fees to play the same content patch for over a year, feel me? Also tetris and pac-man have battle-royale modes so you are wrong about the server part. Sure, not even close to being as big as WoW, but should still be mentioned.
    Lost ark has been pay2win to the extreme. Literally everyone including the developers and the publisher has aknowledged this.

Is that your ideal then?

Like wtf? :P

Lost ark has been pay2win to the extreme. Literally everyone including the developers and the publisher has aknowledged this.

Is that your ideal then?

Like wtf? :P
    It's as P2W as buying gold for tokens is and as boosting in Mythic+ is. Stop talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    No chance for that anymore though. WotLK Classic will launch late 2022, most likely in November. I guess they switched their places when they realized they couldn't achieve it for the next retail expansion. Other WotLK Classic would have come in Q1/23 instead.

This year has 8 more months left and beta testing hasn't even begun yet. A Dragonflight launch this year is basically out of question.

It'll be Q1/2023 when everything works out, most likely towards the end of Q1 as well.
    Then fuck them with dragon dildo.

It's as P2W as buying gold for tokens is and as boosting in Mythic+ is. Stop talking.
    Its really not. You could keep arguing with me or simply just educate yourself online. You can literally not find a streamer who wont say that its stricly pw2 where as wow isnt.

In your mind any game in the world is pw2 cus you can simply pay someone to win the game for you. Thats not what pay to win means though.

Pay to win is then ingame mechanics allow you to "win" by using real money. You cant pay an npc in the game real money to win. You have to trade with players - which is not pay to win.

Its really not. You could keep arguing with me or simply just educate yourself online. You can literally not find a streamer who wont say that its stricly pw2 where as wow isnt.

In your mind any game in the world is pw2 cus you can simply pay someone to win the game for you. Thats not what pay to win means though.

Pay to win is then ingame mechanics allow you to "win" by using real money. You cant pay an npc in the game real money to win. You have to trade with players - which is not pay to win.
    Listen, I might not have put thousands of hours into Lost Ark but I have very good friend who has and he is completely F2P and tells me how the system there works. If you are in denial or just don't want to admit you are wrong that's your problem. But I am sure Blizzard will be glad to take hundreds of dollars from you for 0 new content so you can pay for using their "servers" in a very non-P2W game where you definitely can't use your real money to get end-game gear hundred times easier by paying someone than playing the game normally, definitely not.

Listen, I might not have put thousands of hours into Lost Ark but I have very good friend who has and he is completely F2P and tells me how the system there works. If you are in denial or just don't want to admit you are wrong that's your problem. But I am sure Blizzard will be glad to take hundreds of dollars from you for 0 new content so you can pay for using their "servers" in a very non-P2W game where you definitely can't use your real money to get end-game gear hundred times easier by paying someone than playing the game normally, definitely not.
    Being able to play as a f2p player does not mean the game cant be pw2. And once again you are confusing paying players to win the game for you with the game being pay to win.

Being able to play as a f2p player does not mean the game cant be pw2. And once again you are confusing paying players to win the game for you with the game being pay to win.
    I was comparing the same situation present in Lost Ark & WoW as 2 similarities. F2P can get same access to gear as someone who pays, just need to grind a lot more. Like you can get faster gear by getting boosted in WoW than if you would to grind it alone from scratch. Since that is "P2W" in your eyes I was comparing WoW as P2W because it is literally the same thing.

I was comparing the same situation present in Lost Ark & WoW as 2 similarities. F2P can get same access to gear as someone who pays, just need to grind a lot more. Like you can get faster gear by getting boosted in WoW than if you would to grind it alone from scratch.
    Being able to reach the same end point as a f2p player vs one who uses cash does not take away from the game being p2w. Once again - again - wow is not free to play because you cant "win" the game by throwing money at it, you "win" the game by buying other players to basically play the game for you. This can be done with any game in the world.

Lost ark is f2p because you directly spend coin on in game mechanics that allow you to "win"

Lol. If they wait 14+ months from now to release the next expansion this game is gonna bleed subs like crazy.
    Probably hoping WOTLK pulls in some people.

Also curious if they put it on Gamepass with micro transactions making more of a debut to classic.

I Believe it was bellular that said after speaking to one of the wow devs that they currently make MORE money off Retail micro transactions then they do off subs. So itll be interested to see what happens in the next year of wow