Poll: SL = What?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I really don't get it. WoD was way better than BFA and Shadowlands.

SL has the content of WoD and the shitty systems of BfA, so the worst of both worlds.

Hard to say, because 9.0 was possibly my favorite patch of all time, aside from PvP gear issues, but 9.1 and 9.2 are rather pathetic so...

Still, I think SL gets way more hate than it deserves. I suspect people are just tired of WoW in general, and the trendy thing now is to hate it.

Id say its about Legion for me, Honestly Legion-SL are all pretty much the same. SL is higher than legion in things like AP not being as stupid, I like Survival Hunter and like the PVP and PVP gearing. It is not as good as MOP or CATA so I just line it up with Legion-SL all being basically on par with one another.

10+ Year Old Account
    I chose MoP, because I actually really disliked MoP, and consider it the worst expansion.

I still do - Shadowlands is better, imo - but I realize this is not a common or popular opinion, so I clarified.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Hard to say, because 9.0 was possibly my favorite patch of all time, aside from PvP gear issues, but 9.1 and 9.2 are rather pathetic so...

Still, I think SL gets way more hate than it deserves. I suspect people are just tired of WoW in general, and the trendy thing now is to hate it.
    100%. I think a lot of the people who picked some of these didn't even play them.

Quote Originally Posted by Siden View Post
    On the other hand I don't understand all that hate towards SL. Surely it has it's flaws and generally situation in the world and company during development did leave their mark on final product. But zones for instance were great
    For me they weren't. It's all taste but WoD's world I liked, nearly every SL zone I have loathed.

10+ Year Old Account
    From a Story standpoint, Warlords.

We go from the Iron Horde being this group of big bad motherfuckers with Grommash supposedly the biggest and most badass... to "DRAENOR. IS. FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

- - - Updated - - -

I can't believe nobody's done:

"Corporate needs you to spot the differences between this expansion (WOD) and this expansion (SL)"

"They're the same Expansion"
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    For me they weren't. It's all taste but WoD's world I liked, nearly every SL zone I have loathed.
    I liked WoD a lot more than others seemed to have, too.

Went BFA,

Nearly put WoD but after thinking about it for a moment it’s not as bad as WoD was

I feel if Shadowlands had 1 more raid tier it would have been really solid for me.

Only having 3 raid tiers is a bummer, puts it more in line with Cata, MoP, and WoD which all only had 3 raid tiers but I would say above those because it at least has mythic+ and solid open world progression.

The story is bad, but to me that’s normal for WoW.

I enjoyed WoD. I just wish there was more of it. I'd never ask for more SL. I'd never ask for more BFA, but if it was between BFA or SL I'd be tempted to say BFA.

Slightly better than WoD due to WoD's obsession with no flying, but more or less the same otherwise.

Probably the worst expansion to date, with BfA at a close second. WoD at least had some redeeming qualities. We're getting neither quality nor quantity for the past 4 years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not as bad as BfA but that's not a high bar to meet.

BFA and MOP, cuz BFA was MOP 2.0. Xpacks with the least played time for me. Because these xpacks focused on content, I don't like. Mandatory dailies and so called "sandbox" content. Mandatory dailies are self-obvious. They're apogee of FOMO-based design. Sandbox content - is claustrophobic hardcore (no-flying) locations with focus on group content (not soloable rares, etc.) and camping RNG spawns, that implies circling around location (possibly on a ground, while dealing with artificial ground obstacles and slowly crawling through constantly respawning mob swamp) for hours every day. Plus both BFA and MOP focused too much on PVP, but SL isn't that bad.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    WoD sadly, both had a lot of potential but they turned out to be the worst expacs ever.
    Can't echo this enough, honestly. Great assets, poor handling, and execution.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    errrr... none. Its in a league of its own... Maybe if a trash can was considered an expansion then that would be its closest comparison :P

Literally only expansion to make me unsub from Wow and have remained so for over a year. been playing since 2005 too. But on a plus side I been having fun with so many other better games.
    Pretty much this, not only i quit but all my friends quit, half of community quit, half of streamers quit, half of my realm died, went from being excited for new patch to laughing at miserable decisions blizzard made.

And i've been having so much fun with other games as well. There is simply no comparison, its that bad.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Karawaka View Post
    I vote bfa because at least I had fun in WoD, but BFA and shadowlands are just miserable and the only xpacs I've actually stepped away from the game. Although janitor is worst end game boss since deathwing
    At least deathwing had well established lore. Jailer was just flextaped on.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd put it next to Wrath. Story was uninteresting and in general just poorly written (more so for Wrath than SL though. "Hurrdurr must always be a lichy kingy!!!!"), raids were alright, dungeons were mediocre, certain specs relying on certain stuff to actually feel decent. Filler zones that's only there for questing and housing dungeons, not used much (that applies to all expacs though).
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    WoD sadly, both had a lot of potential but they turned out to be the worst expacs ever.
    Despite of having low quantity of content, at least WOD had good quality. It was casual-friendly enough and had smooth enough content flow to keep me busy since 6.2 till return of flying in Legion. And that's about 2 years.

And MOP/BFA are also bad due to focusing too much on competition in PVE, that is basically pseudo-PVP (because when you compete - you play VERSUS other players). While Blizzard think, that no matter if social interaction is positive or negative - it must be default part of MMO genre, I don't think it's right design. PVE and PVP are fully separated in other games for reason. Because PVP in any form is toxic. And it's major reason, why Wow is overall so toxic game. That's why other games usually have "Diving to toxic competitive s**t willingly only" design. No forced toxicity.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-04-07 at 06:41 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.