Poll: What lego system do you want for Dragonflight

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    As long as I don't have to raid I'll be happy. Can't commit time to raiding anymore because of adult responsibilities.

The entire Dragonwrath accuistion fel most epic out of them all, even if it was a struggle doing it solo by pugging it felt amazing when you completed it.

If the legendary stats are to be as powerful as in Legion and SL it wouldn't work, but as a good stat stick with gimmick proc like spell duplicate on staff it would be fine.

How about none?
    Vanilla/TBC worked well, because it was completly random (technically, in practise it was in the hands of the raid leader/guild master)
    Wotlk/Cata was more or less the same deal as vanilla/tbc

MoP/WoD/BfA was compeltly unconsequentional. It was just another campaign, but this time it was mandatory if you wanted to compete. The story was fine, but why is it a legendary item if anyone HAS to have it.

Legion was the absolute worst, hands down. Extra talents, but they drop randomly and it's compeltly random which one you get, if any. That was pure garbage loot design.

Shadowlands was probably the best system for acquiring these powerful MUST HAVE items, but at that point, why the legendary tag? Are they really that legendary if everyone MUST have them? it's just another scaling borrowed power that players must tediously grind.

If I had to design a unique system for obtaining legendaries, I would make it a quest/campaign with an unique story like mop/wod, make legendaries for each of the classes like legion, but have them give very little benefit and lock them behind mage tower like solo content.
    So they feel hard, and their power level increase would be in single digit percentages. (like obtaining a helmet that's 5% better than your BiS)
    As to make them special, but not mandatory, and people who are good at their classes could get a little unique reward, while people who aren't competing at high levels, don't feel the need to acquire this miniscule power increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the SL design, but having to farm torghast and the insane amount of gold you need is really bad.

I liked it the most in MoP/WoD. Story driven legendaries > random loot

Honestly, take em out completely. This game needs to stop spreading itself over various different power levels that need to be semi balanced.

As soon as you put them in the game they become a necessity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly what bothers me the most about the Shadowlands legendary system is the gold cost. in legion it felt like i was encouraged to try out new legendarys and see which effects i like most. the huge cost on each legendary in Shadowlands makes me craft the BIS one and never even look at any others as its a big investment. It also actively punishes playing multiple speccs or Characters which just feels bad.
    On top of that the initial weekly choreghast runs made me glad "i'm finally done with this shit" instead of beeing happy i got a legendary.
    The aquisition on the receipt could also be better as i remember beeing the last one in our raid team without bis legendary because we had yet to kill denatrius (who droppt the receipt). but thats a minor gripe for the first few weeks.

in the Future i'd hope we get a mix between the MoP/WoD system with the current "choice" system of which power you want.
    give us the story quests with ALL the materials for a legendary in the first 2-4 weeks, which we can use to craft the power we want. Give us more of said crafting materials over the next weeks from doing dailys great vault or other repeatable "non required" content for those who want more/all the legendarys. DO NOT ADD A GOLD COST to them. Make them FREE besides doing ingame activities
    Last edited by Arabus80; 2022-04-07 at 01:07 PM.

Combine the best parts of SL and Legion. You should be able to aim for the leggo you want, but it should be achievable without gold, and by doing the activities you want rather then a specific boss or farming Torghast. Say just spamming m+, or arena, or even outdoors will give you enough currency to get a leggo. Also, let us pick any two options like legion later patches.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands has the best method, although they need to do something about base items going forward. It's fine for me, but for average players getting base items is expensive.

The minute people go back and relive Legion is the minute people forget about the mass whining in regards to RnG. Legion was 'okay' at the end, but I think a system where you can control drops, regardless of if it's grindy or not is far preferable to people fake congratulating each other for getting worthless RnG drops for legendary items (which was half of Legion). It's super easy to forget how bad Legendary items were in Legion, and this thread and many others certainly tell that tale.

To be perfectly honest while this is another subject, I think legendary items are actually really good for the game if there's actual some choice between them. While I was never a huge fan of set bonuses in general, I think the catalyst system in 9.2 is actually a great system (minus how long it's taking for the first one to actually drop). Legendary items and to a lesser extent set items really sell patches, and putting those in the hands of players earlier rather than later is a way better selling point than 'fake' talent trees that we've been getting for the past three expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by SR84 View Post
    Honestly, take em out completely. This game needs to stop spreading itself over various different power levels that need to be semi balanced.

As soon as you put them in the game they become a necessity.
    This might be a good idea, but i also respect their attempts to allow some form of power costumization. End of legion was pretty damn cool where you could tinker with the two best legendaries, esp when it wasn't always obvious by guides or when it was on alts where i didnt have easy access to all the options. Choices are fun sometimes

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Combination of MoP/WoD questline with weekly campaign - longer, one for everyone and with story chapters skipable for alts (they would have to do "bring item from instance X" or quest similar to Kairoz fight in WoD). And with different legendary for every class.

I would like Legion+

I liked the random drop concept of Legion, HOWEVER, what it should do is drop a Legendary Token, that allows you start a legendary questline (that isn't too long) that ends with you getting to select a legendary. This way getting one is still a bit random, but if you play enough you'll get them and can pick the ONE you need most first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla - cata esque.

Epic stuff.

Then again, I don't see myself ever touching WoW again.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Legion. I liked the fact I could do whatever I wanted in game and obtain them. I hate systems or designs that force me to do something to obtain it. If I want to do WQs one day, PvP the next, raids on Friday, and dungeons on Saturday, Legion always had the chance to give me a legendary. I absolutely hate designs that force me to do a daily grind or even weekly for that matter.

Wrath/Cata, but one for every class.
    Not like in Legion artifacts, where you get it after a short quest and you then keep upgrading it. I did like that system, but not for "legendaries".

BFA Benthic system.

MoP but remove the RNG on sigils, i liked the thought of getting a epic cloak>a better epic> legendary.
    The rng part of drops throughout the expansion was a bit yikes. jut have 1 per boss or something to guarantee if you clear the content you get it little faster (not by a huge amount)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

WotLK/Cata
    It should be 6-8 weeks effort of the whole guild for one person.

I think the Legendaries that are given for "free" are not that Legendary. I surely don't regard my Legendaries in Shadowlands, BFA and in Legion the same way as i would do if i had Thunderfurry or The Hand of Ragnaros. But unfortunately the same applies to my epic items as well.

Imo, a class should be perfectly tuned and playable without any external OP item in mind and a few of the people that are extremely lucky to have one and have worked hard on top of that luck to acquire it, then gj to them.

So yeah, Vanilla all the way for me. But, If it is too much of a hassle, nowadays, that the colour of the item is not very important as it is its ilvl, then probably make another colour that dwarfs a Legendary item that is truly unique, available to very few per server.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    BC or WotLK, obviously.

That´s the only thing you can call legendary. The rest are orange epics for the absolute most part.