Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    woke and sjw shit will be the end of the good old u.s.

on the other hand, i couldn't care less.

you live what you deserve.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    ok but does this improve their games? probably not

so no one cares
    It will. Diversity improves pretty much everything except the white mans fragile ego.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgran View Post
    So because things was uneven and racist in the beforetimes, we should now make it uneven and racist in the other way in the future to balance things?
    You can't solve racism with more racism. Solving inequality is giving everyone the same, it's not giving one side more because another side had more in the past.
    It's not about being uneven, it's about evening the playing field. When you had 10 equal candidates, 5 white males and 5 minorities, the 5 minorities weren't being considered in the past. All this does is make sure they are being considered not necessarily hired. This has been discussed to death when the position was first announced how is it you guys still think this is taking away from whites to give handouts to minorities.

A study came out a couple years ago about this, where 1000s of equal applications/resumes were sent out 1 for a white male and 1 for a minority to each company, and most of the white male applications got calls, while only 20some percent of the minority apps got calls. So if you think nothing should be done, you and your line of thinking is the problem.
    Last edited by Beefhammer; 2022-04-12 at 10:14 AM.

Gonna be honest....mods need to start locking the comments sections of news posts like this because the comments posted so far are mostly just bigoted bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    It's not about being uneven, it's about evening the playing field. When you had 10 equal candidates, 5 white males and 5 minorities, the 5 minorities weren't being considered in the past. All this does is make sure they are being considered not necessarily hired. This has been discussed to death when the position was first announced how is it you guys still think this is taking away from whites to give handouts to minorities.
    To use your example then.
    In the past, you had 10 equal candidates, 5 white males and 5 minorities, and by magic (and a sprincle of rasicm) every time, a white male got the job

To fix this, the solution forward must then be;
    You have 10 equal candidates, 5 white males and 5 minorities. To make things equal, remove the 5 white male applications. Then hire the best person for the job out of the remaining 5.

How is this not the same?!
    You can't fix rasicm with rasicm...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    woke and sjw shit will be the end of the good old u.s.

on the other hand, i couldn't care less.

you live what you deserve.
    "Ugh. Why do marginalized groups keeps demanding to be treated equally? Why can't things go back to the good ol' days when they knew their place?"
    This is literally all I can see/hear with posts like this.

In the past, you had 10 equal candidates, 5 white males and 5 minorities, and by magic (and a sprincle of rasicm) every time, a white male got the job

You have 10 equal candidates, 5 white males and 5 minorities. To make things equal, remove the 5 white male applications. Then hire the best person for the job out of the remaining 5.

Except in your strwaman, that isn't what is happening.

That's not even remotely what people are asking for. It's more like this:

There are 10 applicants. 5 white and 5 POC. There is now a mediator to make sure hiring managers stop throwing away the 5 POC applications.

It will. Diversity improves pretty much everything except the white mans fragile ego.

- - - Updated - - -

A study came out a couple years ago about this, where 1000s of equal applications/resumes were sent out 1 for a white male and 1 for a minority to each company, and most of the white male applications got calls, while only 20some percent of the minority apps got calls. So if you think nothing should be done, you and your line of thinking is the problem.
    Link the study. Read it first go avoid embarrassing yourself, then link it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure diversity is deliberately pushed to stop unionisation kek. Good virtue points though morale warrior. Must not been going on much in your life to feel good about yourself eh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Why is this important? Shouldn't Actiblizz be aiming to increase its percentage of qualified, competent and non-bigoted people in its workforce?
    To create some handout job positions, which gets them better PR in media. Hiring qualified and compenent people is overrated these days, mandatory quotas are the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    usa is 70% white, will blizz actually represent their own workplace, or bend over to woke culture? i exist in egypt, where i work the overwhelming majority is (surprise) brown skin ppl, with few black and none actual white
    the idea of hiring someone because of his skin or sex is stupid, it is forced and i understand why right wing racism is rising due to all this racism but from other side
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Exactly how does that apply to entry-level positions which are an excellent place to start walking the walk instead of endlessly talking the talk.
    Certificates and studies. I have always taken great pride in my accomplishments. You know what is not an accomplishment? Skin color. I would really, really look down very hard on a company that, despite qualifications, would rather get someone else just because I am not black. That's called racism where I live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    you're right but also diversity brings it's own set of experience. let's use the analogy of a survey; if you're conducting a survey over the phone and you want to get as close to an accurate portrayal of the community at large then you will want to interview many different age groups, ethnic groups etc to get a wide variety of viewpoints. Now bring that to Blizz (and other companies for that matter); they want a diverse workplace culture because it will lead to a wider range of ideas for their games as opposed to only hiring males between the ages of 21 and 30 would bring

also people keep bringing up that more qualified people are missing out because of this sort of stuff. that is impossible to actually know for sure and is pure speculation. it's not like so called diversity hires are being hired with zero experience (aside the ones hired straight out of college) they have experience at other companies before joining Blizzard.
    Let's say I am a white dude that traveled the world and lived many cultures. Let's say Bob here is a black man that has lived his whole life in New York. Are you really going to hire the other guy just because he looks like he can bring more to the table.

EDIT: The absolute effing state of USA today, man. This is literally racism. A team of white guys is going to be frowned upon because they are white. There is now literally a chief officer to make sure there are not too many white straight males in an environment where that parameter should not be relevant at all.

This would be laughable and outrageous in any other place of the world.
    Last edited by Lord Pebbleton; 2022-04-12 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Pretty sure diversity is deliberately pushed to stop unionisation kek. Good virtue points though morale warrior. Must not been going on much in your life to feel good about yourself eh.
    Sounds like pure projection to me friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Certificates and studies. I have always taken great pride in my accomplishments. You know what is not an accomplishment? Skin color. I would really, really look down very hard on a company that, despite qualifications, would rather get someone else just because I am not black. That's called racism where I live.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's say I am a white dude that traveled the world and lived many cultures. Let's say Bob here is a black man that has lived his whole life in New York. Are you really going to hire the other guy just because he looks like he can bring more to the table.
    Again, that is not what's happening. In fact it has been the opposite. Minorities that have been equally or more qualified are typically not hired in favor of the white male.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

White fragility right here folks.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    that's a pretty specific scenario which definitely would not apply to most people. but in that case, yes you would probably have more worldly experience which would definitely be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    ok but does this improve their games? probably not

so no one cares
    No.
    It will make game much worse since most of the time they will hire unqualified people in the name of 'higher good'.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Exactly how does that apply to entry-level positions which are an excellent place to start walking the walk instead of endlessly talking the talk.
    Entry level positions still want the best they can get for that position. ???

Entry level doesnt mean: "Willing to hire anyone no matter how bad they seem for a position in our company"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Gonna be honest....mods need to start locking the comments sections of news posts like this because the comments posted so far are mostly just bigoted bullshit.
    Funny coming from the person spewing the most bigoted stuff in this thread.
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2022-04-12 at 10:52 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    No.
    It will make game much worse since most of the time they will hire unqualified people in the name of 'higher good'.
    that's not even remotely close to what will happen but I don't think you're even remotely interested in what it means you just like to spout unqualified garbage

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, that is not what's happening. In fact it has been the opposite. Minorities that have been equally or more qualified are typically not hired in favor of the white male.

White fragility right here folks.
    Yes, I am so fragile because I don't condone racism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    that's a pretty specific scenario which definitely would not apply to most people. but in that case, yes you would probably have more worldly experience which would definitely be beneficial
    Imagine you are the person in that scenario and getting rejected. Are you going to take solace in the fact that it's pretty specific?

Again, I am not advocating for white supremacy or whatever Americans call it. I don't give a crap at the end of the day because I don't live in the USA. I am just saying that skin color should not matter. People should be hired for their skill.

Yes, I am so fragile because I don't condone racism.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine you are the person in that scenario and getting rejected. Are you going to take solace in the fact that it's pretty specific?

Again, I am not advocating for white supremacy or whatever Americans call it. I don't give a crap at the end of the day because I don't live in the USA. I am just saying that skin color should not matter. People should be hired for their skill.
    Why should companies ignore the mountain of evidence that more diverse workforces are more productive?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Why should companies ignore the mountain of evidence that more diverse workforces are more productive?
    They shouldn't.

I worked in diverse environments that were absolutely bomb. Everyone had a different background and nationality, and they had an incredible set of skills that often humbled me. Which means diversity and skill where present at the same time. That is something I can understand. Diverse environments aren't bad at all. Forced diverse environments are bad.

I remember there was a guy that got fired because he was clueless about the job. He was not white, I think he was Indian. He was promoting diversity, but he did not know the job, so he was let go. And that is also fine.