Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I don't know why I did this. The fur/scales made it hard/weird!

You may be eternally questioning why you did this but me? Me, I will stare at this for five hours and pin it on my wall and make a shrine to it.

In all seriousness - I have a pandaren dragon RP character I've been playing for a while and seeing this brings me hope Blizzard will listen and add more customization. Thank you for the mock up!

Honestly they could've just make that this new race has access to a playable race disguise, and that's it. No need for extra fancy scaly skin/ assets. Dragons were using humanoid form to blend-in within the population. So Ebonhorn looked like Tauren and Onyxia looked like human, they didn't make themselves look like freakshow to NOT draw attention.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

I don't think the problem here is that they can only tranform into Male Belves and Female Humans, because they're not. They're their own race, and they just look like that in their humanoid form.
    What they should do, is give these humanoid forms their own rigs/skeletons/animations.
    Because our WoW brains have been overtrained to the point that we can immediately spot a skeleton/rig. Like, when I say: "Picture a WoW Bear moving around" and I can guarantee that all of you are picturing it right now, down to the way WoW bears run like they have a limp. I mean shit, some of you even heared Bear_Aggro_Sound.wav in your heads when doing so(Don't lie! :P)
    And it does not matter if the Devs make some stone monster or a strange dinosaur using the bear skeleton, it's just gonna look like a bear under the hood.
    This is the problem with the race. Because no matter how much Blizz wants to claim that they're their own race, they will just look like Male Belves/Female Humans when you spot them moving about SW/Org.
    So my suggestion to Blizz: Give them their own unique rigs complete with animations, make the males a bit more beefy so that they land in between Human Males and Male Belves, and for the females do they same with how slender they are; somewhere between female belf and human female.
    Finally: Make them taller, because height especially can set races apart, somewhere between Male human and NE Male would be perfect.
    Thank you for reading my blog
    Yohohoho

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    I don't think the problem here is that they can only tranform into Male Belves and Female Humans, because they're not. They're their own race, and they just look like that in their humanoid form.
    No one is going to eat that excuse that the humanoid form is their own race, the race is the dragon form, they ASSUME THE VISAGE of a humanoid, that is atm, straight up, male belves and female humans with scales and horns. And that is a big problem for anyone who don't want to play like that.

There is no such thing as "humanoid form of the dragon" neither a "default" form'', and the visage is not "their own race" as well.

Dragons in general just assume the form of other races, based on personal preference or to do a job or blend with mortals. And they turn into other races exactly because they saw what they look like, this should be the case as well, having then ~~coincidentally~~ to happen to look like elves and humans is lame.

What they should do, is give these humanoid forms their own rigs/skeletons/animations.
    There is no way they would create an never-seen before and different humanoid that look nothing like we already have because one, this such thing doesn't exist, there is no "basic humandoi dragon" the dragons aspects assume humanoid forms based on the mortals, and two, it would be pointless.

This "race" is a glorified class, so letting people pick any race as visage form will fix things up. So they can focus on the actual dragon part, like worgens.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    This "race" is a glorified class, so letting people pick any race as visage form will fix things up. So they can focus on the actual dragon part, like worgens.
    Definitely agree, and I'd be all so happy to just look as simple as a character like Chromie in my Visage Form (No horns, no scales, regular eyes), whilst having a very unique Dragon form.

Blizzard set the precedent themselves that a Dracthyr Visage form -has- to look like it's still 30% a dragon, and now they're using that as an excuse not to do other races?
    I doubt many would have been really all that put off if the "visage forms" had next to no new customization for the class.

They could have gone with new Horns and Eyes for all races and called it a day, but they haaad to make it new textures, faces shapes, hairstyles, beards etc for what is honestly speaking a niche audience, large as it may be.

Existing races = Widespread Pre-existing Appeal
    New Visage Forms = Divisive, Leaves wanting more

Imagine if all of that Visage form art effort could go into making Dracthyr's dragon form the real race part of the race? They'd have probably met everyone's expectations instead of what happened this week.

I'm coping with the wait to see how they really turn out for now though, if it's very flamboyant visage forms and no options to tone it down at launch- gonna be bummed is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elderu View Post
    Definitely agree, and I'd be all so happy to just look as simple as a character like Chromie in my Visage Form (No horns, no scales, regular eyes), whilst having a very unique Dragon form.

Blizzard set the precedent themselves that a Dracthyr Visage form -has- to look like it's still 30% a dragon, and now they're using that as an excuse not to do other races?
    I doubt many would have been really all that put off if the "visage forms" had next to no new customization for the class.

They could have gone with new Horns and Eyes for all races and called it a day, but they haaad to make it new textures, faces shapes, hairstyles, beards etc for what is honestly speaking a niche audience, large as it may be.

Imagine if all of that Visage form art effort could go into making Dracthyr's dragon form the real race part of the race? They'd have probably met everyone's expectations instead of what happened this week.

I'm coping with the wait to see how they really turn out for now though, if it's very flamboyant visage forms and no options to tone it down at launch- gonna be bummed is all.
    I do agree that I’m not feeling how over the top the visage forms are. I’m really hoping I can just look “normal” with maybe a couple of horns sticking out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elderu View Post
    Im rly gladly some people actually understand the situation we are in, and the bad faith blizzard put this situation so people can defend then by saying "it make sense in lore", when they are the new ones making to be to so limiting.

They basically wanted to do Demon hunter 2.0 and tried to sell as a race.

100% this, horns and eyes would be enough

We are not even going to fight in the visage form, and most of the options are going to be covered by armour, why pass so much time developing scales for legs and arms?

If you look at the interviews and they talking about it, you can see the problem

They said "you want to be a gnome dracthyr? sorry, WE wanted to do so much more customizations and WE can't do want WE want if WE do what YOU want", They are completely disconnected to the playerbase, one dev was rly "excited" that they could change the dracthyr hair in multiple colors to match theirs

It would be much better, and, it would also make possible for the race to be other classes as well, since they could have made the actual dragon compatible with armor and weapons, like worgens.

Im waiting for the alpha, but i have no hopes of this changing unless people complain hard enough in the official forums, but even that is difficult because of so many people against changing despite they not losing anything.

It doesn't help that the community council is full of people walking on eggs trying by all means not criticize then

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Because it would take longer to design them from scratch. Blizzards best liked sport is to reuse as many assets as possible.
    How would using Horde races be from scratch?
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Yep

Blizzplanet interview

They state it’s because they can add a lot more customizations if it’s just 2 races
    Well now i see the outrage. Looks like Blizz hasn't actually learned anything then, sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Local Panda Star Knight View Post
    First off: I love the Drakthyr, and I love the concept of Evokers. I liked the reveal all around.

My only complaint is the visages: why are female Drakthyr limited to female humans and male Drakthyr limited to male elves?

We have various examples of dragons masquerading as various races: we have Chromie, we have Ebonhorn. There's speculation that Cho, or at least one of his ancestors may have been a dragon, as his family tree in that one Horde quest has a few of his ancestors wearing Bronze Dragonflight tabards.

While I understand that applying those cosmetics to all races would've been a MASSIVE undertaking, it still would've been cool to have more choice in the matter. Perhaps just the core races at the very least.

Thoughts?
    Because devs are lazy

Just a reminder on how PRIVATE SERVERS HAVE BETTER CUSTOMIZATION WITH 10 DEV

-----------

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    Because devs are lazy

A private server can make an Amani troll with beards and the multi-billion dolalr company can't

and people still defende those guys

Un-fucking-believable

10+ Year Old Account
    Because devs are lazy

-----------
    That troll beard makes me sad. I'd love to rock that on my main, but nope.
    At least I can play as sexy furry fanart Spyro next expansion .

yay.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Because devs are lazy

Are they allowed?
    But damn, that looks great.

Because devs are lazy

That troll looks great... How I wish my trolls could get some Amani and beard options!

15+ Year Old Account
    Evoker and Drakthyr are the same, you can't pick one without the other.

And I was under the impression you can pick any current race as a visage and add optional effects like horns. And the Drakthyr-form is just bonus coming with the class (and race in this case). I read you can switch freely between the forms, maybe the form is used in some spell effects like the Onyxia Breath attack. (Should work like the Eyebeam attack of the DH)

So it seem to me that is a Hero class like the Death Knight that can also look like any race (+Drakthyr-form, to make the class work.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Evoker and Drakthyr are the same, you can't pick one without the other.

And I was under the impression you can pick any current race as a visage and add optional effects like horns. And the Drakthyr-form is just bonus coming with the class (and race in this case). I read you can switch freely between the forms, maybe the form is used in some spell effects like the Onyxia Breath attack. (Should work like the Eyebeam attack of the DH)

So it seem to me that is a Hero class like the Death Knight that can also look like any race (+Drakthyr-form, to make the class work.)
    At the moment you can't pick any race, you are forced to the blood elf male and human female. We do want to be able to pick at least the core races, even if without the customizations.

And you switch freely between forms, but combat is dragon form only, much like worgens.

15+ Year Old Account
    At the moment you can't pick any race, you are forced to the blood elf male and human female. We do want to be able to pick at least the core races, even if without the customizations.

And you switch freely between forms, but combat is dragon form only, much like worgens.
    From the blizzard website:
    Dracthyr Evokers freely switch between two customizable forms. Choosing between a humanoid visage and a fearsome draconic form to battle foes and overcome obstacles.
    I read it as if you can pick any form to battle in and are not locked into a form during combat. I really hope this is the case as a dislike worgen with a passion because they are locked in ugly wolf-form.

Yes, they confirmed.

The lame excuse is that "they are not elves or humans, they are their own humanoid form' and "since we wanted to do a lot of hair colors we can't make it for other races"

Basically, the devs wanted to be wrathion and alextraza and fuck the rest.

- - - Updated - - -
    And I'm personally fine with that moar choice is good but don't hate on what we got and what we want to improve upon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I do agree that I’m not feeling how over the top the visage forms are. I’m really hoping I can just look “normal” with maybe a couple of horns sticking out.
    Me too I would love to see less scales on the visage, the horns are perfect and the jewellery is just *mwah* perfecto right now.

It would also make it much easier to get the other race visages included if they just remove the scales on the visage, hell they dont even have to change the voice overs leave them as is its just the looks we want.

Hell I'd want my Thalassian elf look with horns as my visage as all I have is elves, some people want Orc/Night elf and even Pandas... Give it to them they dont need the scales and it would make Blizz's so much easier to make people happy.
    Last edited by Kiria; 2022-04-23 at 08:28 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    And I'm personally fine with that moar choice is good but don't hate on what we got and what we want to improve upon.
    I would be fine with that if it was not something forced, i bet you would not like if visage form was just a tauren and a gnome like chromie and ebonhorn

Thats why people want more options, literally everyone wins.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    From the blizzard website:

I read it as if you can pick any form to battle in and are not locked into a form during combat. I really hope this is the case as a dislike worgen with a passion because they are locked in ugly wolf-form.
    They already said you can't fight in visage form, and are "seeing" if they can change that in the future. Atm it work like worgen.

If you don't like worgen-wolf form, there isn't better to just use an human? isn't like worgens have better racials overall

The only difference will be probably with riding. For sure you can ride Dragon only in visage form and I think this rule with be working for all mounts (will doublecheck that later, but eerybody can). And after dismiss mounting stay in visage form until transform ability or enetring combat. This way we should be able to evenly spend our time as both forms depending of actual activity. Unless Worgen with stays nearly 100% in their Worgen form unless pressing button for no other then visual reason.