10+ Year Old Account
    Mr.Musk, Pay me $441 million or Ill keep reposting this on the internet.

Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Halloween Voter View Post
    Mr.Musk, Pay me $441 million or Ill keep reposting this on the internet.
    You'd better watch out. Who knows how bored Elon is and if he's just searching his name each day. He could pop up here and pull a Derrick Smart by threatening to sue you, an anonymous internet poster!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    SpaceX threatens to pull Starlink services in Ukraine if Pentagon doesn’t shoulder the cost: report

Starlink has been very important to Ukraine forces and states would hurt Ukraine if shut off.

Now I guess Elon can't afford it. Maybe that's why he wants the government, aka tax payers to now pay for it. I love when libertarian assholes think they people should just personally pay for shit. Perhaps he found out that you need government and tax payers.

Perhaps there is a more simple answer, which possible make Elon a piece of shit.

This goes back to last week when Elon tweeted a ridiculous pro Putin proposal and high ranking members for Ukraine told to "Fuck Off". Literally.

So does Musk have hurt feelings and pulling Starlink.

Him just abandoning Starlink for no clear reason is his choice I guess.

Elon Musk Spoke to Putin Before Tweeting Ukraine Peace Plan: Report

There is this also. I won't hold too much to this
    Elon Musk is a complete and total utter piece of shit, seriously. Of course he didn't have to offer up Starlink in the first place, but that was HIS fucking choice, a stupid and self centered choice but his choice, but HE like governments are finding out painfully that any time you get involved YOU'RE INVOLVED. Elon is involved, and yes, yes he can keep offering Starlink indefinitely if that what it takes.

What he saying is he WON'T because like everything else this dipshit didn't anticipate his fucking short comings or anything else.

This kind of meddling should be a crime, because of money he is effectively playing games with peoples lives.

By the way, what is to stop this fucking lunatic from suddenly deciding to switch sides and providing intel to Russia. Seriously this fucker should be investigated globally.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2022-10-14 at 09:20 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You'd better watch out. Who knows how bored Elon is and if he's just searching his name each day. He could pop up here and pull a Derrick Smart by threatening to sue you, an anonymous internet poster!
    We already know which poster is alerting Mr.Musk as we speak.
    Wrong answers only!

Meh. I used to travel on another politics board where Glenn Greenwald once threatened me and others with lawsuits. I'm also like #8 on Tulsi Gabbard's enemies list.
    All people who have taken money from Putin at some point in their lives...

Meh. I used to travel on another politics board where Glenn Greenwald once threatened me and others with lawsuits.
    I genuinely hope you have that on your professional resume, because that would absolutely go under any kinds of "Awards/Achievements" section and be the topline item.

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account
    We already know which poster is alerting Mr.Musk as we speak.
    Wrong answers only!

Meh. I used to travel on another politics board where Glenn Greenwald once threatened me and others with lawsuits. I'm also like #8 on Tulsi Gabbard's enemies list.
    All people who have taken money from Putin at some point in their lives...
    Can I be as cool as you when I grow up? Pissing off those twits sounds like a laugh riot.

So this is another mega-thread from Twitter on Starlink and Musk "helping" Ukraine forces.

1. Despite that, I have not seen ANY StarLink which was bought by the governments, or by SpaceX. All the Starlinks I have seen / used - were bought either by volunteers like myself, or soldiers put their personal money in.

The subscription price is also paid out of the pocket.

I guess this is his anecdotal story of him purchasing his own, not an overall of Starlink purchases. Is Musk personally funding say over 90% plus internet fees? Seems not very clear atm and what Musk might be boasting is bs.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    So this is another mega-thread from Twitter on Starlink and Musk "helping" Ukraine forces.

1. Despite that, I have not seen ANY StarLink which was bought by the governments, or by SpaceX. All the Starlinks I have seen / used - were bought either by volunteers like myself, or soldiers put their personal money in.

The subscription price is also paid out of the pocket.

I guess this is his anecdotal story of him purchasing his own, not an overall of Starlink purchases. Is Musk personally funding say over 90% plus internet fees? Seems not very clear atm and what Musk might be boasting is bs.
    Jesus, that's on top of the US paying for many terminals and paying to transport them.

I'm beginning to think that Mr. Musk is an decreasingly credible source here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elon Musk under federal investigation over Twitter deal

The news came from a court filing made public on Thursday about the latest in ongoing legal disputes between the billionaire and the social network.

While the filing said he was under investigation, it did not say what the focus was.

"This game of 'hide the ball' must end," the company said in the court filing.

Mr Musk did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Twitter - which sued Mr Musk in July to force him to close the deal - said lawyers for the Tesla CEO had claimed "investigative privilege" when refusing to hand over documents it wanted.
    "I heard Musk talking about investigative privilege. I’ve been wondering, what is investigative privilege?"

So, many states have public records acts/laws that allow the public to ask for (as the name suggests) public records about companies. And maybe people. For example, you could ask if Tesla Co. has been searched by the cops. But these public agencies are allowed to deny some of those requests when it refers to an open investigation.

"And Musk can invoke that?"

I wouldn't have thought so until recently. Musk's lawyers disclosed some apparently angry emails he got from the SEC and the FTC. I think he's suggesting that these agencies are preventing him from turning over records. I have to admit, I'm a little stumped by this. If the SEC or FTC stepped in, that'd be one thing, but this release doesn't say that.

Near as I can tell, Musk must finally have disclosed something, but not what Twitter asked for. Twitter claims the investigation and any deals Musk made with the feds are important to the lawsuit.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hope he does buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Hope he does buy it.
    He doesn't have the money to buy it. All of his investors have already pulled out of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    He doesn't have the money to buy it. All of his investors have already pulled out of the deal.
    AFAIK, only a small (well, relatively) group, representing ~$1b pulled out. Unless there was new news about more pulling out, that doesn't seem to be the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    AFAIK, only a small (well, relatively) group, representing ~$1b pulled out. Unless there was new news about more pulling out, that doesn't seem to be the case.
    I thought they decided to pull out way back when he was trying to get out of the deal in July.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Jesus, that's on top of the US paying for many terminals and paying to transport them.

I'm beginning to think that Mr. Musk is an decreasingly credible source here.
    He's been off his rocker for awhile now, and it looks to be getting worse. I hope Tesla can survive his...diversion into what can only be labeled insanity. I don't think the U.S. would allow SpaceX to implode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    What's weird is you claim to not be a huge Musk sycophant, but I literally did not reply to you and just posted my thoughts on Musk, and it offended you so much you felt the need to start attacking me for it.
    Right - it was just some out of the blue post with no intent whatsoever. You proved my instincts right with your vitrol filled posts and lies. You didn't even both to read the last few pages of the thread, where I'm clearly pointing out what a shit show Musk has become.

To whit - it looks like Musk is further sliding down the insanity threshold. This Twitter deal might be pushing him over the edge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    He's just vindicated my posts from earlier.
    Nothing of the sort - you just made the same mistakes NineSpine did, assuming things in the past haven't changed. I haven't been a Musk supporter, at all, for a couple of years now. What I do support, is SpaceX, and his role in making it the success it is now. If you look back in this thread and others, you'll see that's been my point for awhile now. I merely point out people's emotional and illogical inconsistencies, such as your own, in regards to Musk. Even your lie about my post above, where you took it out of context, demonstrated my point. I expect people to be intellectually honest, just as I am - and admit when they are/were wrong, just like I do. Such as:

*apologies earlier for saying "Fungus" rather than Fargus as your name - it may not look like it, but it was an honest mistake.

Update: this federal investigation of Musk for the Twitter deal could get VERY bad for him, and it's nothing more than he deserves. Those kind of investigations can go sideways fast, because they don't stop with just one event - if evidence points to other illegal transactions, including all the shit he did with Tesla stock prices and the digital currencies, they will pursue it. And he just can't seem to shut his fucking mouth, with every statement he makes digging him further into the hole.

I really, really hope SpaceX can survive this and push Musk out as CEO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    He'll have to buy it, even if that means dumping Tesla stock - that deal he signed without any due diligence will be upheld in court.

10+ Year Old Account
    (sighs)

Kanye West acquiring conservative social media platform Parler

“In a world where conservative opinions are considered to be controversial we have to make sure we have the right to freely express ourselves,” Ye said in a statement announcing the agreement.

Parler has pitched itself as an alternative to Twitter, describing itself as a “premier free speech app” with limited content moderation, geared toward conservatives. The controversial app has been making its way back into major app stores after it was pulled last year in the wake of the rioting at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

The platform said on Monday that the agreement helps “assure Parler a future role in creating an uncancelable ecosystem.”
    I do not think this is worth a separate thread -- I don't think Ye is serious and I don't think it'll balloon into the mess this thread has.

What do you think, new thread? Rename this one? Is the shared theme that both want to buy a social media platform because "muh Free Speech"? So many stupid questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    (sighs)

I do not think this is worth a separate thread -- I don't think Ye is serious and I don't think it'll balloon into the mess this thread has.

What do you think, new thread? Rename this one? Is the shared theme that both want to buy a social media platform because "muh Free Speech"? So many stupid questions.
    Honestly this needs to be renamed "Stupid Shit Elon Musk Says: and the Stupid Nerd that Defends Him".

"Stupid Shit Ye Says, and No One Defends Him", is a totally different thread for ... reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Stupid Shit Ye Says, and No One Defends Him"
    I mean, we both saw that thing on FOX News where...eh, you have a point.

https://thehill.com/policy/internati...ge-from-putin/

The dude that wants to run Twitter is getting easily manipulated by Putin, and Fiona Hill has fairly extensive credentials to make this assessment.

Sure bodes well for how Twitter will handle misinformation under his leadership!

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    (sighs)

Sounds like another reason for them to remove it from the apple store and google play

10+ Year Old Account
    Elon Musk is a Popular Mechanic Reader's idea of a smart person.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1582388928870748161

A judge and jury is going to see this at the inevitable price-fixing trial.