Poll: Do you like the Drac'thyr Evoker?

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Explaining why you like it is fine but you should try not to tell people their wrong for having opinions. You started your post with "Anyone who thinks this class is going to flop hasn't been paying attention to what this class is offering." Uh... no friend, they just don't like what they see so far. You don't have to defend it, nobody is trying to hurt the Drac'thyr.
    Not liking the class, and saying its going to be a flop is two different things. I didn't like Demon Hunters, but I knew it was going to be a popular class, because it's Demon Hunters and Illidan.

The same applies to this class. A class based on Wrathion and Alexstraza are also going to be a very popular class, regardless of personal opinion.

I've mained a druid since I started way back when so to me I'm fine with the Drac'thyr model. Evoker I like the abilities I've seen so far and I'm interested in testing one out but honestly I don't have a big opinion yet other then right now it's all fine.

I was the guy hyped for DH and then didn't like the class at all. I think some people need to wait until Alpha and see more but still give feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Not liking the class, and saying its going to be a flop is two different things. I didn't like Demon Hunters, but I knew it was going to be a popular class, because it's Demon Hunters and Illidan.

The same applies to this class. A class based on Wrathion and Alexstraza are also going to be a very popular class, regardless of personal opinion.
    Well you might be right but you don't know for certain, so why don't you stop knowing things you don't know because it's before they happened and just speculate like everyone else? Obviously we don't know if it will be a flop or a hit. You thought the DH would be popular and you were right of course, for a time. Now they're one of the least played classes in the game. The DE could very well do the same thing: Be the flavor of the expansion and probably OP then start to fall in with the other classes once they're nerfed. Maybe they'll be really strong and retain wide playability that way but I foresee many people losing interest with the Evoker and going back to their mains. As a result Blizzard will eventually allow Drac'thyr to be the other classes, which makes many of us wonder "hmm would have been cool to play the new race through their introductory expansion as another class of my choice."
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2022-04-27 at 01:53 PM.

I like them so far, but the can be so much better.

They need to at least have a male human and fem belf visage models, though it should be expanded to many more races, but those two are for sure the most common for all dragons.

There is a lot of time between now and release so I hope player feedback addresses that.

My last thing is that the race must include additional classes down the line. Right now it makes sense since they're starting to join the world. But in the final patch of DF or 11.0, Dracs should have options to other classes given that they'll be forging bonds with the mortals so it's only natural to develop interests in other classes, especially if lore wise some Dracs are "runts" when it comes to evoker combat or just simply wanna learn how to be a rogue.

As for evokers themselves, they can stay as dracthyr only but visage forms need to be expanded and enabled for combat to compensate the fact that only one race can be this class.

While they're at it increase DH races by updating th intro scenario like panda and AR dks did.

Not a fan of extreme race / class restrictions.
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-04-27 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Anyone thinking this class is going to flop hasn't been paying attention to what this class is offering.
    Perhaps you should pay attention to what people are saying, when what you believe the race and class offer is precisely what others believe the class is lacking.

Further, there HAVE been people awaiting the opportunity to play a character akin to Wrathion, Kalecgos, or Alexstraza.
    People here do not see Wrathion, Alexstasza, Chromie or Nozdormu in the dracthyr, because the dracthyr does not resemble those characters in any way in their opinion, for various reasons that vary from person to person. Some of those reasons are:
    • The dracthyr are not actually dragons;
    • The dracthyr's form is too thin;
    • The dracthyr doesn't look like a WoW dragon.

Just look at the fan art already popping up
    And we had fanart of the pandaren as well, and... how well received, overall, was the race, again? Also, from your examples, only the last one is tagged as 'dracthyr'. The first one is tagged as a blue dragon OC, and the other is not tagged at all.

I don't know yet.

I like what I've seen so far and am excited to try something new, but until I get my hands on it I don't know if I'll like playing it or not.

Judge early and often so that criticisms have a higher chance of being addressed before it's too late.
    That makes zero sense. How can you think it's a good idea to criticize how a class plays when you know next to nothing about how the class plays?

All-in-all the whole Race, and Class are both underwhelming.

While the model is probably going to be visually stunning, it could have just as easily been a visual overhaul, and more of a reuse of the already established Drakinoid form others have pointed out. In present iteration the Drac'thyr form looks WAY to... wimpy?

Fundamentally, I agree with adding a new class. Their choice of whatever this Evoker is was... bold. Instead of adding something that's more of a fan favorite like the Tinker or something (Don't start whining and complaining about Dark Rangers. They are at best a theme, not a new "class"). Maybe it's just the name. I'm less concerned with only the Drac'thyr being able to play Evoker. It is no different then DHs at this point. What is a huge fowl is that the Drac'thyr can ONLY be Evoker. That is just complete and utter foolishness. They should be able to be most of the other classes. Though I would possibly consider they shouldn't be able to play a number of the classes.

As far as playable Classes:
    Druid - Yes - Nature/Elements being very connected to Dragon flights. Druid would be feasible.
    Death Knight - No - Could be a swing since other dragons were risen in undeath, but I don't think it fits the theme. Also, the Drac'thyr were locked to Dragon Isles when all the Northrend stuff was occurring.
    Demon Hunter - No - Drac'thyr should NOT be connected to external sources of power Light/Fel ect...
    Evoker - Yes - New Drac'thyr only class.
    Hunter - Yes - No reason not to be Hunter.
    Monk - No - Could be a swing class. Initial feeling is NO.
    Mage - Yes - Dragons and Mages are synonymous
    Paladin - No - Drac'thyr should NOT be connected to external sources of power Light/Fel ect...
    Priest - No - Drac'thyr should NOT be connected to external sources of power Light/Fel ect...
    Rogue - Yes - No reason not to be Rogue.
    Shaman - Yes - Nature/Elements being very connected to Dragon flights. Shaman would be feasible.
    Warlock - No - Drac'thyr should NOT be connected to external sources of power Light/Fel ect...
    Warrior - Yes - No Reason not to be Warrior.

Evoker spec choices are fine, but should include a Tank as well. I agree the whole two-spec concept is a poor choice. Just like with DHs, they could have easily given them a 3rd ranged spec as well.
    Last edited by mst3kfan; 2022-04-27 at 02:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only gripes with the new race is the look. You can tell now the WoW team have transitioned over completely because this character model doesn't even look very WoW-ish, Its like it belongs in another game completely. WoW races tend to be bulky even the more slimmer races have a bit of volume to them, (except maybe Blood Elves).

I just wish they were more bulky and more Warcraft looking, like the old Samwise art that Warcraft's style was based on. I also expected them to look more like the old Draknoids that was mentioned by @Val the Moofia Boss

they just don't look like something from Warcraft to me.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-04-27 at 02:12 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That makes zero sense. How can you think it's a good idea to criticize how a class plays when you know next to nothing about how the class plays?
    It makes zero sense if your only critiquing the way you think the class will function mechanically since obviously we don't know yet. The concerns are about the information we already know. Who's talking about the gameplay in any way other than not liking the two specs? Which is, of course, information we know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mst3kfan View Post
    All-in-all the whole Race, and Class are both underwhelming.

While the model is probably going to be visually stunning, it could have just as easily been a visual overhaul, and more of a reuse of the already established Drakinoid form others have pointed out. In present iteration the Drac'thyr form looks WAY to... wimpy?

Fundamentally, I agree with adding a new class. Their choice of whatever this Evoker is was... bold. Instead of adding something that's more of a fan favorite like the Tinker or something (Don't start whining and complaining about Dark Rangers. They are at best a theme, not a new "class"). Maybe it's just the name. I'm less concerned with only the Drac'thyr being able to play Evoker. It is no different then DHs at this point. What is a huge fowl is that the Drac'thyr can ONLY be Evoker. That is just complete and utter foolishness. They should be able to be most of the other classes. Though I would possibly consider they shouldn't be able to play a number of the classes.

As far as playable Classes:
    Druid - Yes - Nature/Elements being very connected to Dragon flights. Druid would be feasible.
    Death Knight - No - Could be a swing since other dragons were risen in undeath, but I don't think it fits the theme. Also, the Drac'thyr were locked to Dragon Isles when all the Northrend stuff was occurring.
    Demon Hunter - No - Drac'thyr should NOT be connected to external sources of power Light/Fel ect...
    Evoker - Yes - New Drac'thyr only class.
    Hunter - Yes - No reason not to be Hunter.
    Monk - No - Could be a swing class. Initial feeling is NO.
    Mage - Yes - Dragons and Mages are synonymous
    Paladin - No - Drac'thyr should NOT be connected to external sources of power Light/Fel ect...
    Priest - No - Drac'thyr should NOT be connected to external sources of power Light/Fel ect...
    Rogue - Yes - No reason not to be Rogue.
    Shaman - Yes - Nature/Elements being very connected to Dragon flights. Shaman would be feasible.
    Warlock - No - Drac'thyr should NOT be connected to external sources of power Light/Fel ect...
    Warrior - Yes - No Reason not to be Warrior.

Evoker spec choices are fine, but should include a Tank as well. I agree the whole two-spec concept is a poor choice. Just like with DHs, they could have easily given them a 3rd ranged spec as well.
    Agreed with all but DK for Rule of Cool. I mean come on man, frost wyrms. I can vibe with arcane and elemental only in terms of magic. Though I would personally find it cooler if there were differences based on Dragonflight-alignment but that isn't something they're going with clearly. The Drac'thyr are after all, technically of the Chromatic Dragonflight.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of a dragon race having a unique class

What I don't like is its dragon form
    or their humanoid form
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Also I hate visage form, I kinda wish they let us pick an existing PC race and just have that, instead of only being a Dragon Elf or only being a Dragon Human.
    Agreed on this. I would much rather play as a humanoid looking more like Alexstrasza or Ysera. No reason why using different abilities can't trigger Dragony effects when you use them. Makes me think of when I use Dragon Roar on my Warrior.

It makes zero sense if your only critiquing the way you think the class will function mechanically since obviously we don't know yet. The concerns are about the information we already know. Who's talking about the gameplay in any way other than not liking the two specs? Which is, of course, information we know.
    Okay, and what exactly do you expect criticizing the number of specs would change prior to the game's release? Do you think Blizzard will suddenly whip up a third spec, or completely remake the class before the expansion goes live? Nothing changed for the demon hunter in six years, so what makes you think this time would be different?

We wanted Drakonids and they gave us Scalies. I don't like how catering to furries has supplanted the rule of cool.

Agreed with all but DK for Rule of Cool. I mean come on man, frost wyrms. I can vibe with arcane and elemental only in terms of magic. Though I would personally find it cooler if there were differences based on Dragonflight-alignment but that isn't something they're going with clearly. The Drac'thyr are after all, technically of the Chromatic Dragonflight.
    Yeah, I hear ya on the DK. Another one of those "swing" classes. I guess technically they could be DKs since new DKs can be made, but I guess I was leaning more toward the fact that they were all locked behind the veil for everything. DK is kinda in that gray area of external magic. Especially given Calia Menethil, and the implications of light infused UD. A stretch I know, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Curious what makes you think they're lazy and low effort, when just from what we've seen so far they appear to have significantly more assets involved than any other full race.
    They're utilizing existing rigs and existing player models. The visage forms should have been unique player models, or the dragon forms shouldn't have been reskinned demon hunters.

Self-explanatory. Personally don't like it and I think the Drac'thyr should be a full race and the Evoker non-existent. Discuss if you wish.

Edit: So far it looks about half and half with people on the negative side generally levying similar criticisms along these lines:

- The fact it's an exclusive class-race. The Drac'thyr cannot be any other class and the Evoker cannot be from any other race. I agree with this sentiment as to me personally, a draconic-humanoid race should have a diverse range of classes. As for the Evoker, to me it should be more akin to a "Dragonsworn" which is something that already exists within the Warcraft universe as mortals empowered by the dragonflights to assist them with their charges. Due to the diverse range of themes between the Dragonflights, there is a lot to fit into a dragon-themed class and thematic overlap with other classes is all but guaranteed. However, we all know dragon retcons inc so my own perspective may change on this.

- The aesthetic of both forms. True form is slender and people hope for different body-types. The visages are... Cringe. Can we all agree on that, at least? Even if you love them, they are a little bit cringey. Maybe it's just me after having seen the modified Blood Elf models being showcased in the announcement. Cringe seems like a good word for it.
    We have so many races and so many classes that are of the core Warcraft 3 which have not been added yet and yet we get this dragon type race. No, I don't like it for that fact alone. Even Pandaren made more sense since they were actually a big unit in WC3, even if initially conceived as a joke they still made more sense.

Where are the Nagas? Where are the Ogres? Where are necromancers, dark rangers, wardens, tinkers, blademasters etc etc. so many classes that we still don't have and yet they come up with a completely new class we haven't seen at all when we are missing so many other classes and races.

And considering we just got a new race and new class (which won't come out until 2023) we are more than likely not getting anything in 11.0 which means 5+ years of no new races and no new class and God knows if the game will make it to 12.0 for us to even have a hope of something from the OG Warcraft.

The game is approaching its 20th anniversary and it feels like we are never going to get even half the things people hope for. It's fucking sad.
    Last edited by Deventh; 2022-04-27 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    They're utilizing existing rigs and existing player models. The visage forms should have been unique player models, or the dragon forms shouldn't have been reskinned demon hunters.
    What is your evidence for this?

The race is entirely unappealing and the class didn't impress me in the slightest either. The lore bits we've heard so far seem also like total nonsense.

A bit sad really, the center piece of the expansion feature list is very underwhelming to me. The rest seems more interesting though, we will see once some alpha/beta footage leaks, maybe at least the class part will be a bit more interesting.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2022-04-27 at 02:51 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Where are the Nagas? Where are the Ogres? Where are necromancers, dark rangers, wardens, tinkers, blademasters etc etc. so many classes that we still don't have and yet they come up with a completely new class we haven't seen at all when we are missing so many other classes and races.
    WTB Nagas, WTB Ogres. They could revamp hunter all together, and make one spec Dark Ranger (Marksman), Beast Mastery, and Warden (Survival). Convert Survival to Warden, and make it a tank class. Necros are meh, Blademasters, and Arms Warrior are essentially the same thing. Tinkers would be neat. Dark Ranger and Warden are NOT full Class worthy. They are themes at best, and could easily be adapted into already functioning classes as I outlined. It isn't that difficult to just change the name of Marks abilities, and update the visual effects to match a Dark Ranger. Aimed shot could easily be renamed Wailing Shot or something. Do the exact same thing, or slightly different, and add different coloring to it. Hell you could just go ahead and rename Arms to Blademaster. Solves the whole problem...