Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    He IS problematic, though, and so is a huge portion of his followers. The Asmongold community is notoriously toxic for a reason. Not because people are trying to "tarnish Asmon and his follower's images," but because they actually ARE those things. If he didn't frequently take aggressive views on things he doesn't like and was generally a more pleasant person he might have a better rep and a better behaved following. But his chat only behaves as much as he does, which is not great a lot of the time.
    Asmongold is the only personality that tells it like it is, besides Bellular. 'Agressive views' is your way of saying 'things I disagree with'?

Love how this thread has nothing to do with the interview, just people that don’t have a clue about asmongold shit talking him lol.

I found the interview kinda wholesome, anyone else feel like Ion is in better spirits? It’s been a stressful couple years for him I imagine, I’m sure it’s nice to get generally quite good reactions to DF.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Asmongold is the only personality that tells it like it is, besides Bellular. 'Agressive views' is your way of saying 'things I disagree with'?
    Consumers will be consumers, what did you expect... but then again so is Asmogold, because regardless of how much he says WoW is shit, he'll still play the game. He's got no principles, only addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    That's how it goes for many things. Blizzard thinks we don't need or want it, or they simply don't like it anymore nad just jank it out of the game. Obviously there is backlash, but Blizzard doesn't care unless backlash gets real and may then reimplement it.

Where is my fucking reforge which would help a ton when i got crap loot
    Indeed! Speaking of Reforging, I miss that system. It was my favorite :P

what did they mean with this? "Most things will be account-wide in Dragonflight."
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Consumers will be consumers, what did you expect... but then again so is Asmogold, because regardless of how much he says WoW is shit, he'll still play the game. He's got no principles, only addiction.

Yeah, he is a hopeless addict. But when he does things as Zack he can be surprisingly insightful. And I legit think he asked good questions here without asking things already answered in other interviews.

His on-screen persona is cringe, but personally, I find most streamer personas cringe. They tend to overdo it.

Whatever you may think, zack is a big promoter for wow due to his popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I'm sure the PR people who set these things up summarize things that the interviewer has brought up on their streams. They're incompetent if they don't. Ion has a pretty good memory for detail. Between that and a cheat sheet he can hold his own. That whole business of "what's going to happen with the sword" has only surfaced in a major way (again) the last couple of weeks. Asmongold likely provided the prep people with a very general list of things he wanted to cover. The ending might have been set up in advance as a light way to take things out. A lot of interviews are like that: the opening is known, the ending is known and what's in the middle can range over a lot of different things.

I did watch the interview after it was over and was pleasantly surprised. It's one of the better ones so far.
    in post interview bants Asmon admited that it was PR team who contacted him and that questions were preaproved before interview.

it as so obvious they dont care anymore - i mean after interview they spend like 15 minutes discussing new amazing weapons in FF14 instead interview itself

and then they were mocking classic and season of mastery

is this is what PR department wanted to happen - well they succeded

what a beutiful disaster

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Said like someone who's never watched his steams. I used to think the same. But then I found out that he's pretty down to earth guy. Like Preach and Belular.
    Zack is a down to earth guy. His twitch persona "Asmongold" is a raging nutjob.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by mst3kfan View Post
    Why Ion agreed to do an interview with Asmongold is beyond me. The guy is a wack job. I guess kudos to Ion for sitting through the idiocy.
    Because having non ass licker and shills asking questions is always good

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Hah, I just knew there'd be a literal salt mountain in the good ol' MMO-Copium forums when Asmongold had an interview with Ion.

Why Ion agreed to do an interview with Asmongold is beyond me. The guy is a wack job. I guess kudos to Ion for sitting through the idiocy.
    A good way to showcase that the only thing you know about Asmongold is that he shit-talks the game you like and that makes you upset, and absolutely nothing else.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

People on mmoc getting a meltdown because they went with Asmongold is hilarious.

No better keep doing the interviews with yesmen and british cucks that compares hitler to bunny girls on twitch.

The correct answer for Ion to the Silithus sword question would have been that it would be addressed when Asmon gets the Mogushan sword drop.
    Would have been a fun, playful enough answer to a question both knew would not get answered but had to be put forth.

Problem is that some chat members would take it literally because twitch chat is twitch chat.

Hasn't really been raids that do the whole "clumped" style of damage output to require clumped healing since Dragon Soul, and any mechanics that require clumped healing are generally dealt with by major healing CDs/DR in general. Holy Paladins were even given a specific, totally broken AOE heal for that because they realized how lazy the design of that raid was and amounted to stack up + spam aoe heals. If your niche for your healer is clumped healing, your healer is already a mechanical failure unless Most raids are designed with your raids always requiring some loose spread, melee is already cluttered and the second time aspect seems to imply you would be a ranged healer anyway. I sure hope they focus far more heavily on the time aspect

MW Monk had its own two niche designs and almost always failed at both. Supposed to be a pure healing output healer, often failed at it, and no one ever says "We need more HPS" it's "We need more DR/CDs". The other being the fistweaving thing, which was pretty much killed when it failed again and again.
    Last edited by La; 2022-04-29 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    People on mmoc getting a meltdown because they went with Asmongold is hilarious.

No better keep doing the interviews with yesmen and british cucks that compares hitler to bunny girls on twitch.
    My brother in christ, what the fuck are you talking about?

Its funny that people really expected Asmongold to put Ion on blast with his usual " Dogshit ass game " rants, for one he can behave professionally when he needs to, and if he started going off on a tirade, they'd just shut down the interview, and the entire thing would've been a colossal waste of time, and he would lose whatever goodwill he has with Blizzard.

Good stuff, he would be my pick for interviews too.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You clearly never watched a video of his.
    He makes a lot of spot on points and he is also a pretty down to earth, calm guy. FOr the most part he demans the same thigns most of the player base wants.

Do not confuse him with the channel where he acts as Asmongold. Two pretty different characters.

Leave it to the gentlemen at MMO-C to waste 17 pages malding over Asmongold. Then again, WoW addicts tend to be unsuccessful in life, so I guess there's some envy involved when they see an addict who actually did become successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Leave it to the gentlemen at MMO-C to waste 17 pages malding over Asmongold. Then again, WoW addicts tend to be unsuccessful in life, so I guess there's some envy involved when they see an addict who actually did become successful.
    This place hasn't changed a bit in 10 years
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort