Poll: Do you think Delaryn and other Forsaken night elves will ever rejoin the Alliance?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Additionally, NEs are judgemental as hell. It's a society of purist virtue-signaling that only recently ate humble pie. Seeing Tyrande's reaction to them does give a bit of hope and now their new tree is going to be a mix of life/death magic. Maybe there will be a welcome place for them. They are victims too, just fortunate enough to get resurrected by Sylvanas and not go to the maw.
    Exactly. This is why the Shal'dorei joined the Horde instead of the Alliance. Thalyssra sacrificed much and worked hard with us and her other allies and freed her people from their dependency on the Nigh Well to survive, even going so far is to let the Night Well shut down with the removal of the Eye of Aman'thul which was the thing stabilizing it to begin with.

And what did Tyrande do immediately in the aftermath? Lay into her and compare her to Elesande, who really only sided with the Legion because it was all her abilities to scry timelines could show her about the survival of her people. The entire population would have withered away when the Legion wrested the Nightwell from them. Doesn't excuse her behavior towards her people like banishing them to wither and die or brutalize them like Overseer Durant did to Margaux in the Vineyards, but she didn't join the Legion for personal power or anything. Tyrande also conveniently forgets that Thalyssra was one of the leaders of the original rebellion against Elesande after the bargain with the Legion was struck and nearly withered completely as a result of their defeat.

Then, of course, she has to drag up Azshara as well because she is still holding a grudge against Azshara and all the other High Elves for the War of the Ancients.

Meanwhile you have Lady Liadrin actually talking with Thalyssra this whole time, understanding what the Shal'dorei went through as she and the other High Elves went through the same thing when they were forced to destroy the Sunwell after Arthas corrupted it when he resurrected Kel'thuzad as a Lich. Like the Shal'dorei, they went through various, not-so-nice means to deal with the withdrawal.

So whereas Tyrande met Thalyssra with scorn, accusations, and ultimately rejection, Lady Liadrin and the other High Elves met them with empathy and compassion. Who is to say that these Forsaken Night Elves won't get the same treatment? No matter what mitigating circumstances may exist, there will always be some who will reject them for siding with Sylvanas even if only briefly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Exactly. This is why the Shal'dorei joined the Horde instead of the Alliance. Thalyssra sacrificed much and worked hard with us and her other allies and freed her people from their dependency on the Nigh Well to survive, even going so far is to let the Night Well shut down with the removal of the Eye of Aman'thul which was the thing stabilizing it to begin with.

And what did Tyrande do immediately in the aftermath? Lay into her and compare her to Elesande, who really only sided with the Legion because it was all her abilities to scry timelines could show her about the survival of her people. The entire population would have withered away when the Legion wrested the Nightwell from them. Doesn't excuse her behavior towards her people like banishing them to wither and die or brutalize them like Overseer Durant did to Margaux in the Vineyards, but she didn't join the Legion for personal power or anything. Tyrande also conveniently forgets that Thalyssra was one of the leaders of the original rebellion against Elesande after the bargain with the Legion was struck and nearly withered completely as a result of their defeat.

Then, of course, she has to drag up Azshara as well because she is still holding a grudge against Azshara and all the other High Elves for the War of the Ancients.

Meanwhile you have Lady Liadrin actually talking with Thalyssra this whole time, understanding what the Shal'dorei went through as she and the other High Elves went through the same thing when they were forced to destroy the Sunwell after Arthas corrupted it when he resurrected Kel'thuzad as a Lich. Like the Shal'dorei, they went through various, not-so-nice means to deal with the withdrawal.

So whereas Tyrande met Thalyssra with scorn, accusations, and ultimately rejection, Lady Liadrin and the other High Elves met them with empathy and compassion. Who is to say that these Forsaken Night Elves won't get the same treatment? No matter what mitigating circumstances may exist, there will always be some who will reject them for siding with Sylvanas even if only briefly.
    So, you fighting against the hell itself and your home city, one of the richest and not just with gold, but knowledge and relics. Hide itself immediately, not helping to prevail this foe. You win but the whole word sunder and millions die.
    Thousand years past and the same foe coming again attack the world and the forgotten city and its ppl still live and what they do they, join to this old enemy, most of it's citizens to.
    So you come again see this whole thing, go and help them liberate even, if most of them now part of the Legion.
    Now the conflict is over and u skeptical the things i write above, and ask a simple question. You not answer it, but join the enemy one of your saviors.
    You can say she was rude and anything, but if for u rude questions matter more them the fact they saved your ass. then the problem is with you, not with her.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I like her so I hope she stays Horde side, Horde needs new interesting faces to follow around, considering most of the existing ones are dead/gone.

That said I haven't the foggiest clue why she would ever choose to stay with the Horde. She might not want to go back to the alliance for fear of rejection/persecution. But joining the horde makes no sense, we have room for her aboard Archerus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is a hilariously dishonest representation.

Tyranda speaks truth to Thalyssra pointing out that the night bourn have a tendency to throw in with forces looking to destroy the world out of there own self interest, which is exactly what they do directly after legion joining a genocidal force and giving them full support.

Liadrin On the other hand sell the night bourn pleasant lies about how the night elfs did nothing for the world ignoring that they spent the last 10 thousand years fighting various threats to the world and preparing for the return of the legion with the long Vigil while the high/blood elfs did nothing that wasn’t in there own interest even abandoning there own allies when the horde first arrived because they felt like it wasn’t there problem.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    So, you fighting against the hell itself and your home city, one of the richest and not just with gold, but knowledge and relics. Hide itself immediately, not helping to prevail this foe. You win but the whole word sunder and millions die.
    Thousand years past and the same foe coming again attack the world and the forgotten city and its ppl still live and what they do they, join to this old enemy, most of it's citizens to.
    So you come again see this whole thing, go and help them liberate even, if most of them now part of the Legion.
    Now the conflict is over and u skeptical the things i write above, and ask a simple question. You not answer it, but join the enemy one of your saviors.
    You can say she was rude and anything, but if for u rude questions matter more them the fact they saved your ass. then the problem is with you, not with her.
    Except the folks in Suramar who made the bargain are kinda-sorta dead. They were raid bosses and trash mobs. Including Elesande. It would be like lumping Tyrande, Malfurion, and all the other elves who rebelled against Azshara together and accusing them of being the next Azshara. Except in the case of the Night Elves, the source of that arcane power was not completely gone since Illidan had several vials of water from the Well of Eternity. Where as the source of the Sahl'dorei's power, and their addiction was gone.

Tyrande and Thalyssra both have a very similar history. Both rebelled against a power-hungry leader. Both suffered consequences for that rebellion as Tyrande was taken prisoner by the Burning Legion and Thalyssra was nearly killed during her rebellion against Elesande.

Attacking Thalyssra was also extremely hypocritical of Tyrande. Thalyssra had ordered the Night Well to be allowed to extinguish since the Arcan'dor removed the Shal'dorei dependency on it and she foresaw potential problems if it was kept.. especially since we needed the Eye of Aman'thul to fight the Legion. She says "It had to be this way. We no longer need the Nightwell, nor its power. " and "The nightborne are truly free. We no longer need the Nightwell, nor its power." So yeah... she sounds a LOT like Azshara.... NOT.

Tyrande on the other hand releases Illidan, who created the second Well of Eternity on Mt Hyjal, from his prison. She was even killing her own people, Maive's Wardens, in the process. All because she felt that he might help them against the Legion when the Third War began.

Except the folks in Suramar who made the bargain are kinda-sorta dead. They were raid bosses and trash mobs. Including Elesande. It would be like lumping Tyrande, Malfurion, and all the other elves who rebelled against Azshara together and accusing them of being the next Azshara. Except in the case of the Night Elves, the source of that arcane power was not completely gone since Illidan had several vials of water from the Well of Eternity. Where as the source of the Sahl'dorei's power, and their addiction was gone.

Tyrande and Thalyssra both have a very similar history. Both rebelled against a power-hungry leader. Both suffered consequences for that rebellion as Tyrande was taken prisoner by the Burning Legion and Thalyssra was nearly killed during her rebellion against Elesande.

Attacking Thalyssra was also extremely hypocritical of Tyrande. Thalyssra had ordered the Night Well to be allowed to extinguish since the Arcan'dor removed the Shal'dorei dependency on it and she foresaw potential problems if it was kept.. especially since we needed the Eye of Aman'thul to fight the Legion. She says "It had to be this way. We no longer need the Nightwell, nor its power. " and "The nightborne are truly free. We no longer need the Nightwell, nor its power." So yeah... she sounds a LOT like Azshara.... NOT.

Tyrande on the other hand releases Illidan, who created the second Well of Eternity on Mt Hyjal, from his prison. She was even killing her own people, Maive's Wardens, in the process. All because she felt that he might help them against the Legion when the Third War began.
    Yeah almost 80% of the ppl. if u go to suramar and questing there most of the population is on a legion side. Some main quest givers are on your side and u need to free some civilians. So basically The whole nation is unreliable until they state there is nothing to fear and they proving themselves.
    Yes they give p the nightwell, because they have another drug on the shelf.
    That killing wardens just a bullshit gameplay reason in W3, not even in the blizzard give a flying f*ck about it.
    And even it matter, She felt that way so Illidan may help and He did, after that he going crazy again, but this is another story.
    And never saying Tyrande is a god itself, always righ etc, but Here she was one of the savior of the nightborne and asking a question, a question!!!
    She answer it? She saying Sure i'm cool and we learn from our mistakes we will never be like that, we suffer from those actions to. But noo nothing, how can u trust someone if can't answer one question.

Wait, why did she stay Horde? The coolest elf in ages and she stays with the faction that raped her land and tortured her soul...

"I don't think they'd accept us." she says ignoring the dark rangers who are rejoining the alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Whats funniest about that situation is, she proves Tyrande right by immediately taking part in the faction war.

"So, how do I know you wont betray our help?" "I'm so insulted I'll betray it..." "So... I was right?"
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Tyrande harsh comment to Thalyssra happened before the siege of the city, when the Nightwell was still in hands of Elisande. To be honest, Tyrande just rediscovered her former home being overrun by Legion, with Nightborne being the cause of that. She even said that she remembers what Thalyssra and other nightborne did back in War of the Ancients - they abandoned the rebels in order to preserve themselves. We as players know that Thalyssra is different, but Tyrande just met her, it's really not hard to understand why she felt like that about her. In the end, when Thalyssra decided that Nightwell will not be preserved, Tyrande's gossip text was quite optimistic towards Shal'dorei...

I mean, there could be like thousand better ways how to introduce Nightborne to the Horde. This one make Thalyssra look extremely petty, since she can't get over few harsh words and chose to listen to nice lies from Liadrin, who is either ignorant or manipulated Thalyssra on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Wait, why did she stay Horde? The coolest elf in ages and she stays with the faction that raped her land and tortured her soul...

"I don't think they'd accept us." she says ignoring the dark rangers who are rejoining the alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Whats funniest about that situation is, she proves Tyrande right by immediately taking part in the faction war.

"So, how do I know you wont betray our help?" "I'm so insulted I'll betray it..." "So... I was right?"
    Yeah kind of.
    And yes she is my favorite in the pre patch and a cool new char for a long time and they killed her and give to the horde for what? Not really used her after that, its just sad...

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    "I lashed out in anger after being raised against my will so instead of going over and saying sorry I will just chill here with the people who destroyed our home and genocided our people."
    Yep no reason for the Night Elves to welcome back traitors who turned on their own people for no reason and joined the monstruous bitch who massacred them and turned them into undeads right after.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Tyrande harsh comment to Thalyssra happened before the siege of the city, when the Nightwell was still in hands of Elisande. To be honest, Tyrande just rediscovered her former home being overrun by Legion, with Nightborne being the cause of that. She even said that she remembers what Thalyssra and other nightborne did back in War of the Ancients - they abandoned the rebels in order to preserve themselves. We as players know that Thalyssra is different, but Tyrande just met her, it's really not hard to understand why she felt like that about her. In the end, when Thalyssra decided that Nightwell will not be preserved, Tyrande's gossip text was quite optimistic towards Shal'dorei...

I mean, there could be like thousand better ways how to introduce Nightborne to the Horde. This one make Thalyssra look extremely petty, since she can't get over few harsh words and chose to listen to nice lies from Liadrin, who is either ignorant or manipulated Thalyssra on purpose.
    Yep Blizzard made a very bad job with the Nightborne's joining of the Horde and turning over their brethren, makes Tyrande's doubts and criticisms about them utterly justified.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    If Maiev and Fandral had replaced Tyrande and Malfurion at some time in the past as the leaders, I think the night elves could have avoided a lot of suffering, honestly. The Wardens and the Druids of the Flame working together against the Horde would have been very interesting. They would have been ruthless and relentlessly dedicated to furthering their people's interests, and would not have been subservient to human wishes at least.
    Other than Druids of the Flames staying loyal to their people it wouldn't have made a difference, Blizzard writers still would have made Maiev and Fandral subservient to Stormwind king and would have still been used as the Horde punching bag by the writers.

7+ Year Old Account
    They really should have done more with the forsaken night elves. Like really play up the elune thing. They have been told all their lives that elune will protect them and when they do die elune will be there. Then when it happens for real there was no elune.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Tyranda speaks truth to Thalyssra pointing out that the night bourn have a tendency to throw in with forces looking to destroy the world out of there own self interest, which is exactly what they do directly after legion joining a genocidal force and giving them full support.
    You mean once? When Elesande did it out of, what she claimed, was survival of the Nightbourne? That's not a tendency. Suramar sealed itself off during the War of the Ancients to protect the city. Nothing more.

Liadrin On the other hand sell the night bourn pleasant lies about how the night elfs did nothing for the world ignoring that they spent the last 10 thousand years fighting various threats to the world and preparing for the return of the legion with the long Vigil while the high/blood elfs did nothing that wasn’t in there own interest even abandoning there own allies when the horde first arrived because they felt like it wasn’t there problem.
    She was right though. Where were the Night Elves during the First War? The Second? They didn't show up until the Orcs landed on Kalimdor and Archimonde paid a call to Mt Hyjal, after stomping around the Eastern Kingdoms for a bit, having claimed Lordaeron and massacred 90% of the High Elves, their kin. The only exception was Tyrande and her small band chasing after Illidan, whom she had set free, because he had the Eye of Sargeras.

Yeah almost 80% of the ppl. if u go to suramar and questing there most of the population is on a legion side.
    Well jeeze... if you were under the threat of exile and be condemned to wither away and die, wouldn't you mouth off slogans to blend in and survive?

Yes they give p the nightwell, because they have another drug on the shelf.
    And what "drug" is that? The Arcan'dor? You mean the tree that a NIGHT ELF gave them and helped cultivate?

7+ Year Old Account
    You mean once? When Elesande did it out of, what she claimed, was survival of the Nightbourne? That's not a tendency. Suramar sealed itself off during the War of the Ancients to protect the city. Nothing more.
    Azshara teams up with the legion, the night bourn leaves the rest of the elfs to die, the legion comes back, they join up with them, The horde is getting ready for another genocide, they sign up and give full support.

The night bourn are 2/3 for joining forces trying to wipe out there kin and 3/3 for betraying them out of there own self interest.

Tyranda was completely right about every thing she said to Thalyssra she just left out Sylvanas as a possibility.

She was right though. Where were the Night Elves during the First War? The Second? They didn't show up until the Orcs landed on Kalimdor and Archimonde paid a call to Mt Hyjal, after stomping around the Eastern Kingdoms for a bit, having claimed Lordaeron and massacred 90% of the High Elves, their kin. The only exception was Tyrande and her small band chasing after Illidan, whom she had set free, because he had the Eye of Sargeras.
    She’s not even close to right she was lying through her teeth with every word. The night elfs fought the Satyr, fought the shifting sands, had Wardrn tower locking up all kinds of threat from through out the years, helped the high elfs in the troll wars and prepared for the legions return for 10 thousand years.

The only threat in the whole of the time span that the night elfs didn’t fight was the orcs and even the high elfs ignored the orcs at first with mother wind runner the leader of there military saying any thing that didn’t effect the high elfs wasn’t there problem and even after she and the lead royal adviser is killed by orcs the high elf king destroys the evidence so the high elfs so my have to help the humans.

Not a word liadrin Said was true but the night bourn eat it up any way because they would rather take easy lies over hard truths.

- - - Updated - - -

And what "drug" is that? The Arcan'dor? You mean the tree that a NIGHT ELF gave them and helped cultivate?
    Farodin Isn’t a actual night elf as that’s a name change they took up after the WOA and he was never part of that society shift just like how some high elfs aren’t blood elfs even though they are the same race.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

This is a hilariously dishonest representation.

Except they had as much of a "tendency" as the Darnassians did when she blurted that BS out. Azshara was just as much their queen as she was Suramar's, so she counts for both. And then their co-leader joined team Old God in Cataclysm.

Yet the only two known conflicts before W3 made the rest of the world knock on their isolationist doorstep in the entirety of those 10000 years were War of the Satyr caused by Night Elves themselves and War of the Shifting Sands, also caused by Night Elves themselves. Top notch activity in protecting the world department. And the Thalassians left the Alliance only after the Horde was defeated in the Second War (and their obligation to the line of Arathor was fulfilled). Just like a third of the human kingdoms.

Azshara teams up with the legion, the night bourn leaves the rest of the elfs to die, the legion comes back, they join up with them, The horde is getting ready for another genocide, they sign up and give full support.
    And you talk of "hilariously dishonest representation". The Nightborne literally saved the world during WotA by sealing off the second major Legion portal before it could overwhelm Azeroth. And for that THEY were the ones left to die, as your high and mighty Tyrande and her resistance didn't lift a finger to help them out in return when the Legion sent an army to destroy the city as punishment for their actions. Literally a single Wild God came to their aid and so they did the only thing they could other than just bending over for the demons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Except they had as much of a "tendency" as the Darnassians did when she blurted that BS out. Azshara was just as much their queen as she was Suramar's, so she counts for both. And then their co-leader joined team Old God in Cataclysm.
    Yes Azshara was there queen, they never sided with her or stopped fighting her, and no staghelm didn't join the old god's in the same way the nightbourn joined the legion he was in a mind broken state and then delivered to Rag and came back corrupted. but even if he wasn't comatose before that point he wasn't followed by the night elf's at large like the nightbourn.

Yet the only two known conflicts before W3 made the rest of the world knock on their isolationist doorstep in the entirety of those 10000 years were War of the Satyr caused by Night Elves themselves and War of the Shifting Sands, also caused by Night Elves themselves. Top notch activity in protecting the world department. And the Thalassians left the Alliance only after the Horde was defeated in the Second War (and their obligation to the line of Arathor was fulfilled). Just like a third of the human kingdoms.
    the war of the Satyr wasn't caused by the night elf's the Satyr were left over from the WOA and got other left over demons to help, unless of course you just want to say every thing post Azhara i the night elf's fault which would be silly. yes they did start the shfiting sands though.

other then those two though, The night elf's helped the high elf's fight the Amani and have been locking up various things from various threats in the vault of the wardens going back who knows how long.

and as per the new Sylvanas book the high elf's actively didn't help the human's Alleria arguing with her mother (the military leader) that they shouldn't leave there allies to dry and even when said military leader is killed the king of the high elfs covers it up to not get involved until the orc's attack the high elf's them self's again. So while the night elf's would still cross the ocean to help the high elf exiles the high elf's were actively covering up info of horde attacks to not do the same for the alliance.

And you talk of "hilariously dishonest representation". The Nightborne literally saved the world during WotA by sealing off the second major Legion portal before it could overwhelm Azeroth. And for that THEY were the ones left to die, as your high and mighty Tyrande and her resistance didn't lift a finger to help them out in return when the Legion sent an army to destroy the city as punishment for their actions. Literally a single Wild God came to their aid and so they did the only thing they could other than just bending over for the demons.
    Yes I talk of hilariously dishonest representation's thank you for providing another example of it.

The nightbourne backed Azhara only betraying her and the legion when they feared there city would be destroyed, they then sealed them self's up because they knew there would be blow back for there betrayal and they never had any plans on fighting with the other night elf's as they only wanted to save there own skins.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-06-10 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    Yep no reason for the Night Elves to welcome back traitors who turned on their own people for no reason and joined the monstruous bitch who massacred them and turned them into undeads right after.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep Blizzard made a very bad job with the Nightborne's joining of the Horde and turning over their brethren, makes Tyrande's doubts and criticisms about them utterly justified.

- - - Updated - - -

Other than Druids of the Flames staying loyal to their people it wouldn't have made a difference, Blizzard writers still would have made Maiev and Fandral subservient to Stormwind king and would have still been used as the Horde punching bag by the writers.
    I don't think so, Maiev and Fandral seemed to find humans inferior, so it would have been a very interesting relationship dynamic between the two sides, even if they were outwardly courteous to them. It would have been a much more politically intriguing plot with the night elf leaders having ulterior motives and agendas not necessarily aligned with Stormwind.

It would also be interesting if some of the Forsaken night elves "rejoined" Darnassian society, only to secretly remain loyal to the Forsaken (like those Banshee Loyalist whisperers in Orgrimmar), kind of like what Derek was speculated as towards the Kul Tirans after Baine returned him to Jaina.
    Last edited by OwenBurton; 2022-06-25 at 11:31 PM.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dialogue text implies they will stay were they are for now. Will take time before anynof this is touched again. No point in further guessing for now imo.

unless of course you just want to say every thing post Azhara i the night elf's fault which would be silly.
    Anything, ANYTHING to paint Alliance races as bad/worse than the Horde.

Yes I talk of hilariously dishonest representation's thank you for providing another example of it.

The nightbourne backed Azhara only betraying her and the legion when they feared there city would be destroyed, they then sealed them self's up because they knew there would be blow back for there betrayal and they never had any plans on fighting with the other night elf's as they only wanted to save there own skins.
    Don't expect a reply now that you provided sources. Further, don't expect it to be remembered the next time the Nightborne are discussed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    I don't think so, Maiev and Fandral seemed to find humans inferior, so it would have been a very interesting relationship dynamic between the two sides, even if they were outwardly courteous to them. It would have been a much more politically intriguing plot with the night elf leaders having ulterior motives and agendas not necessarily aligned with Stormwind.

It would also be interesting if some of the Forsaken night elves "rejoined" Darnassian society, only to secretly remain loyal to the Forsaken (like those Banshee Loyalist whisperers in Orgrimmar), kind of like what Derek was speculated as towards the Kul Tirans after Baine returned him to Jaina.
    I'm not sure about that, given how the writers made Genn Greymane, who was once the most isolationnist, narrow-minded and stubborn leader of the Alliance subservient to Anduin. The writers would have most likely done the same thing to Maiev and Fandral.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    I'm not sure about that, given how the writers made Genn Greymane, who was once the most isolationnist, narrow-minded and stubborn leader of the Alliance subservient to Anduin. The writers would have most likely done the same thing to Maiev and Fandral.
    But Genn for all his temper is a human without a kingdom. Maiev and Fandral are not.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"