Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is amusing you saying "raid logging" is 5 steps backwards when that is essentially the design they are going for with Dragonflight.
    I wish non raiders would stop blaming raiders for getting what they asked for... you wanted meaningful choice*. You wanted endless grinds for trivial power and you gushed over choreghast.

All a raider wants to do it fuck off into their raids and never see nor interact with you in anyway but somehow it's our fault you ask for terrible content then turn your nose at it when its delivered.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is amusing you saying "raid logging" is 5 steps backwards when that is essentially the design they are going for with Dragonflight.
    Yeah then it's going to fail spectacularly, just like Warlords of Draenor and Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Yeah then it's going to fail spectacularly, just like Warlords of Draenor and Shadowlands.
    Warlords was a non raiders expansion though. It is still considered the best leveling experience introduced rates and treasures to the world rather then one zone and had the most rewarding non raid content that hasn't been seen since ZM....

Lad your suffering from some mighty powerful confusion...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Warlords was a non raiders expansion though. It is still considered the best leveling experience introduced rates and treasures to the world rather then one zone and had the most rewarding non raid content that hasn't been seen since ZM....

Lad your suffering from some mighty powerful confusion...
    Lmao no.

WoD was the raid or die expansion, then came Legion which was the polar opposite. And that's why Legion was great.

Powerful confusion, yeah right.

That's some of the most cringeworthy stuff I've ever seen on this forum, wow. Signature worthy, actually.

Lmao no.

WoD was the raid or die expansion, then came Legion which was the polar opposite. And that's why Legion was great.

Powerful confusion, yeah right.
    I don't really see wod as a raiders expansion... it had good raids but the majority of development was focused on redoing daily quests, garrison boss events, apexsis farming and mythic dungeons. It is weird that an expansion that cut a raid tier is somehow referred to as the raider expansions when every feature of it including the garrison was made for non raiders.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    I don't really see wod as a raiders expansion... it had good raids but the majority of development was focused on redoing daily quests, garrison boss events, apexsis farming and mythic dungeons. It is weird that an expansion that cut a raid tier is somehow referred to as the raider expansions when every feature of it including the garrison was made for non raiders.
    We must have played some very different versions of WoD I guess, because all those things you mentioned were trivial, useless activities that awarded hilariously bad gear, provided 10 minutes of activity per day, excluding the mythic dungeons which were only added with the 2nd and final patch of the expansion and once again were mostly pointless due to dropping vastly inferior gear compared to raiding.

Yeah it was an awful expansion where there was extremely little to do outside of raiding and the little stuff there was awarded terrible, worthless gear and don't forget about the dozens of reskinned boars and wolves in all their glory. It also happened to only have one major patch, which while adding a new zone once again offered nothing noteworthy outside of the raid which it contained. Unless you think killing a bunch of stupid rares for 3 weeks is engaging content.

Garrison bosses? Really?

I played WoD and it was an abomination, you sat in your ugly ass mudhut garrison all day and all the world content was worthless and extremely limited. The only thing there was to do was raid, raid and raid.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2022-06-30 at 03:09 AM.

We must have played some very different versions of WoD I guess, because all those things you mentioned were trivial, useless activities that awarded hilariously bad gear, provided 10 minutes of activity per day, excluding the mythic dungeons which were only added with the 2nd and final patch of the expansion and once again were mostly pointless due to dropping vastly inferior gear compared to raiding.

Garrison bosses? Really?
    Apexsis rewarded heroic raid loot and dropped from pretty much everything. So yes I imagine we played different games. The ones your describing feels a lot like people who said wild star was hardcofe because the saw a 30s in ad.

I'm really confused by how it is you even grade content? Is it just anything that doesn't give you max ilv instantly shit?

5+ Year Old Account
    Apexsis rewarded heroic raid loot and dropped from pretty much everything. So yes I imagine we played different games. The ones your describing feels a lot like people who said wild star was hardcofe because the saw a 30s in ad.

I'm really confused by how it is you even grade content? Is it just anything that doesn't give you max ilv instantly shit?
    I do not remember Apexis rewarding heroic raid loot, I remember it awarding extremely inferior loot. I remember you could choose between a total of 2 (!) oh so amazing daily quests, where you filled up a bar in some part of some zone and you could get a bunch of crystals, which awarded laughably bad gear, or a bunch of recolored boars and wolves.

Anything that doesn't lead to meaningful character progression or isn't intrinsically fun is not content. Sure you could kill random npcs in Frostfire Ridge for no point whatsoever and claim it was content. But to the vast majority of sane players it was not.

Therefore Warlords was an insanely unpopular, content-light expansion, made for raidloggers only and is remembered as the low point of WoW to this day.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2022-06-30 at 03:15 AM.

I do not remember Apexis rewarding heroic raid loot, I remember it awarding extremely inferior loot.
    No it was pretty damn good gear I used a few pieces progressing through early mythics. Some of the stats were not ideal but it was hardly garbage. Still why are you fixated on rewards when it comes to judging the quality of content?

Would mage tower be less fun if it had no rewards?

5+ Year Old Account
    No it was pretty damn good gear I used a few pieces progressing through early mythics. Some of the stats were not ideal but it was hardly garbage. Still why are you fixated on rewards when it comes to judging the quality of content?

Because World of Warcraft is a reward driven game.

Yes it would be. The mage tower is a good example of bad design though and the reason why Blizzard won't do another one. It's something you do once (for the rewards) and then you forget it ever existed. Because doing it again on the same character (and specialization) is pointless. Probably took a lot of work to make despite being the opposite of evergreen content.

And I say that as someone who enjoyed doing it. But only once.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2022-06-30 at 03:19 AM.

Because World of Warcraft is a reward driven game.

Yes it would be. The mage tower is a good example of bad design though and the reason why Blizzard won't do another one. It's something you do once (for the rewards) and then you forget it ever existed. Because doing it again on the same character (and specialization) is pointless. Probably took a lot of work to make despite being the opposite of evergreen content.

And I say that as someone who enjoyed doing it. But only once.
    I think you just want a phone game to be honest... you seem like the diablo immortal crowd.

The goal of a game shouldnt be a life fulfillment simulator but rather an enjoyable experience. You don't seem to want that. You want chores...

5+ Year Old Account
    I think you just want a phone game to be honest... you seem like the diablo immortal crowd.

The goal of a game shouldnt be a life fulfillment simulator but rather an enjoyable experience. You don't seem to want that. You want chores...
    The reason why Legion remains the best expansion is because it incorporated so many aspects of Diablo 3.

Getting upgrades for my character and making my guy stronger to beat powerful foes more easily and effectively IS fun. That's why for example Path of Exile is such a successful game. If you build the game like in Legion you have endless, enjoyable content. You never run out of things to do, of upgrades to chase. It was addictive and awesome. Shadowlands is almost the opposite of that, like Warlords. Nothing to do, no upgrades to chase, just sit around in Oribos doing dungeons that award no upgrades after like a month and then raidlog. Sad times.

So no I don't want a phone game, I want World of Warcraft, as it was just a few short years ago. And the way it should be again.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2022-06-30 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    No, daily quests were a small set of quests that you could do once a day and reset daily at 3-4a Server Time before they unified them to 7a Pacific Time. World Quests are similar but they rotate in and out on various intervals so you have more flexibility. Not to mention they also reduced it to only doing 4 quests in a 72 hour window for a meta quest that awards more rep than the old TBC/WotLK/Cata/MoP dailies did with the same amount of effort.

The 25 limit hasn't been around for literally a decade now. It had been gone for 4 years and 2 days when Legion went live back in 2016. The cap went away with Patch 5.0.4 for MoP which went live on August 28th, 2012. World Quests were added August 30th, 2016.
    You obviously don't play WoW. Go log in to retail and you'll be limited to 25 quests.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    You obviously don't play WoW. Go log in to retail and you'll be limited to 25 quests.
    You obviously missed what he's taking about. He's not talking about the quest log size.

Pre-mop there was a cap on how many dailies you could do a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure a light/mobile version is in the works, at this point WoW mobile is more likely than WoW2

I do not remember Apexis rewarding heroic raid loot, I remember it awarding extremely inferior loot. I remember you could choose between a total of 2 (!) oh so amazing daily quests, where you filled up a bar in some part of some zone and you could get a bunch of crystals, which awarded laughably bad gear, or a bunch of recolored boars and wolves.

Anything that doesn't lead to meaningful character progression or isn't intrinsically fun is not content. Sure you could kill random npcs in Frostfire Ridge for no point whatsoever and claim it was content. But to the vast majority of sane players it was not.

Therefore Warlords was an insanely unpopular, content-light expansion, made for raidloggers only and is remembered as the low point of WoW to this day.
    It was trash rewards until the final oatch. With that is had some things for some alts and that was about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Baleful gear was gear for alts and and not much else. In rare cases the trinkets were okay for a few specs. It certain wasn't what you would want to do to go into heroics or mythics
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    You never distinguished that you were talking about the main quest log. The way you worded your post with "world quests" and "25 limit" implied you were talking about the daily quest limit which was 25 until Patch 5.0.4 went live a decade ago like I pointed out.

It might be "silly" to still have it be 25, but there's a reason for it. You're talking code the goes all the way back to 1.x. Ever hear them talk about expanding the Backpack? But simpletons thought all they had to do was go in and modify some code in there. It doesn't work that way. You have no idea what all that old code looks like or what it's tied to. If you played long enough, you might remember the keyring that we had in Patch 1.11 until 4.2? Yeah, they took that away and repurposed that section of the code for Void Storage which, while big in appearance, was simply a list of item IDs. That's why all reforging/gems/enchantements/etc. were stripped on deposit and why no unique items (e.g. Legendaries), stackable items, etc. could not go in.

Not to mention Blizzard sometimes will simply design around a limitation that it cannot directly change, or one that they feel should not be changed. Currencies, for the most part, are no longer physical items to carry. Neither are mini pets and mounts. The transmog system was upgraded so that you no longer had to have the item somewhere, simply have it bound to you. Before then Void Storage was a great place to store transmog gear like old tier sets and such.

So tell me, why are you hitting the limit in your quest log? How many old quests do you have rotting in your log? Complete them or drop them if it's such a problem. When you're leveling, doing end-game activities, etc., there is no possible way that you will fill up your quest log with everything in a zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    You obviously missed what he's taking about. He's not talking about the quest log size.

Pre-mop there was a cap on how many dailies you could do a day.
    Yup... and that limit was.... 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    It was trash rewards until the final oatch. With that is had some things for some alts and that was about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Baleful gear was gear for alts and and not much else. In rare cases the trinkets were okay for a few specs. It certain wasn't what you would want to do to go into heroics or mythics
    Was talking about apexsis the currency everyone was constantly getting but no one remembers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Its a fantastic battle royal game, so maybe see WoW go action combat??
    Why would they need to buy a company to completely fuck up their game's combat mode?
    And yeah, action combat would cause the biggest drop of subs ever. It's too big of a change in the most important part of the game and action combat is crap anyway.

Was talking about apexsis the currency everyone was constantly getting but no one remembers.
    Which you bought Baleful gear with. Besides that it had no in game value. Nobody remembers it, because the quests were as worthless as the rewards and a colossal waste of time.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."