Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    Bring back some classic skills from older expansions/sets and even new favourites like Fleshcraft (choose 1 of the cov skills).

Prevent a cookie cutter build, but this i wishful thinking.

Make it a feature that will last for at east 3 more expansions.

I would prefer there were no specializations and your specialization were handled like in Classic/TBC through your talent tree.
    Can't do that. Queue and party finders need to know your role when grouping you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    I miss seals...honestly I am hoping for the return of a lot of flavor
    Stances
    Seals
    Weapon styles like 2h enhance and smf

I'm happy with what we have seen so far because hopium
    No... you got a seal on the conduit. We do not need the clunky BS system back. You got classic for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Can't do that. Queue and party finders need to know your role when grouping you.

- - - Updated - - -

No... you got a seal on the conduit. We do not need the clunky BS system back. You got classic for that.
    Or
    Hear me out
    We have it as a talent

Or
    Hear me out
    We have it as a talent
    I'd be fine with the conduit as a talent, but the seal system is a mess we don't need back.
    Honestly, the current Zeal is a seal as well thinking about it. So, seals still exist in a different way.

I'd be fine with the conduit as a talent, but the seal system is a mess we don't need back.
    Honestly, the current Zeal is a seal as well thinking about it. So, seals still exist in a different way.
    So when I say bring back seals I mean as a talent

To be clear this is not about balance. Balance can change day to day. I want to know what you want in terms of playstyle.

For me Monk is my baby and I like other hybrids so for monk I want the class tree to have the semi used abilities from each spec available at the top like RSK, keg smash, and renewing mist. Ideally I also want to see how they handle movement because triple chi torpedo and flying serpent kick into tigers last was fun for 9.0 testing. There might be a possibility of stagger existing in the general tree as well which boosts our survivability. My main hope is for aoe/st to be different builds and a return of controlled Clones with chi explosion.

Paladin will likely have word of glory, templars verdict, and shield of the righteous at the top. Also possible that crusader strike is a talent and holy can build without it. The aoe build for ret could have the projectile divine storm while single target holds final verdict.

Shaman with 2h enhancement is a possibility along with a cannon elemental spec. Make enhancement have a choice between powering up raptors or going full on hard hitting strikes. Make elemental able to choose between fire for ST and lightning for aoe.

Those are my three big classes and I want to know what others want

If I see "2h enhancement is too weak" or "X will outperform Y" I'm just going to assume you can't read
    simple answer:

No. rushed. BS.

but, in regrads to their 2022 release plans, this will not happen.

PS:
    since it will end in halfassed BS anyway, so i hope they give at least my elemental shaman Gusts of Wind back.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    simple answer:

No. rushed. BS.

PS:
    since it will end in halfassed BS anyway, so i hope they give at least my elemental shaman Gusts of Wind back.
    What defines something as "rushed"? Do we need to parse internal messages and any instance of "hurry, asap, sooner... etc" means its rushed? I'm sure you are already thinking about using "balanced" and before we go there you need to define that. Similar in all conditions? some? average?

Stop using broad catchalls to point back to later and pretend you are so aware.

simple answer:

No. rushed. BS.

PS:
    I can just imagine you sitting there frothing writing that comment. :P

WRRRRR!!! GRRR!!! WAAARRG!

So when I say bring back seals I mean as a talent
    There are many iterations of seals. There is vanilla where you apply, judge and have to reaply.
    There is the cataclysm version where they were applied by different judgements.
    There is the WoD one, where you just applied them as an aura.

You are not being very specific about what you want either.

Seals applied effects to your auto-attacks. That is the common element and we got that in game with the seal of vengence conduit and the zeal talent. So, make yourself clearer on what you want.

Make interrupts and a few more of the abilities baseline. Removing them from spellbook and adding to talent page is lazy.

Make it so pathways are less restricting. I play frost dk. I can pick the good aoe talents like avalanche and gathering storm, but still pick obliteration over breath since that is a very big gameplay changing talent. In New system, left side is single target talents mainly and right is aoe. I have to now go down right-side, spend a bunch of filler pts in talents I dont want, just to get back to obliteration on the left. In current system, the talent you pick in 1 row does not restrict you from talents you can pick in the next. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    What defines something as "rushed"? Do we need to parse internal messages and any instance of "hurry, asap, sooner... etc" means its rushed? I'm sure you are already thinking about using "balanced" and before we go there you need to define that. Similar in all conditions? some? average?

Stop using broad catchalls to point back to later and pretend you are so aware.
    hmmm, i would define it like that:

rushed means: something released earlier than a time frame, the software/part/system needs to achieve a quality that customers objectively would call as „good“.

I don't want to be forced to play meta builds because people at blizzard are incapable of balancing talents.

I just want a way to build monk with no summons.

I love the idea of monk. I’d love to play a monk. But it’s a borderline summoner class at the moment. I hate pets. If I can make monk with zero summons, even if it’s suboptimal, I’m happy.

- - - Updated - - -

hmmm, i would define it like that:

rushed means: something released earlier than a time frame, the software/part/system needs to achieve a quality that customers objectively would call as „good“.
    Yeah you’ve really just kicked the can down the road here. There’s no such thing as “objectively good”. It’s therefore impossible to determine what timeframe is necessary to make something “objectively good” because no timeframe can achieve that because it’s impossible. There is then, by your definition, no such thing as “rushed”: if a timeframe can’t be determined it also can’t be released earlier than that indeterminate timeframe.

Quote Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post

I love the idea of monk. I’d love to play a monk. But it’s a borderline summoner class at the moment. I hate pets. If I can make monk with zero summons, even if it’s suboptimal, I’m happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah you’ve really just kicked the can down the road here. There’s no such thing as “objectively good”. It’s therefore impossible to determine what timeframe is necessary to make something “objectively good” because no timeframe can achieve that because it’s impossible. There is then, by your definition, no such thing as “rushed”: if a timeframe can’t be determined it also can’t be released earlier than that indeterminate timeframe.
    i don’t really get it tbh. what exactly is your problem? why you talking to me? what you want?

i don’t really get it tbh. what exactly is your problem? why you talking to me? what you want?
    I’m trying to understand what you mean by rushed by moving your language from broad terms that you can use to say you’re right basically no matter what to specific claims. Your definition of “rushed” is so broad literally everything in the world could be considered rushed. That means it’s a bad definition. A definition that rests on an untestable claim like “objectively good” is no use. It’s no use because whomever uses it not only can’t be right (you can’t test to show they’re right) they also can’t be wrong. They’re just making noises.

So can you define “rushed” in a way that’s testable and therefore useful?

There are many iterations of seals. There is vanilla where you apply, judge and have to reaply.
    There is the cataclysm version where they were applied by different judgements.
    There is the WoD one, where you just applied them as an aura.

You are not being very specific about what you want either.

Seals applied effects to your auto-attacks. That is the common element and we got that in game with the seal of vengence conduit and the zeal talent. So, make yourself clearer on what you want.
    Well I personally enjoyed the final form of them in WoD
    That is personally my favorite but the judgement style is also fine

I just like flavor

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I have no doubts the celestial will be a talent

Give me WW with controlled Clones

Class trees need to avoid damage buffs as they are mandatory 'choices' for DPS.

Imo class tree should focus solely on damage mitigation, buffing, cc, mobility and utility in general. Class tree can focus on throughput.
    This gets weird for healers though who want to choose how they deal damage, I like the idea of being a melee healer for druids and shamans so idk how that would work, though blizz could just give that stuff for free so healers can access that which would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Class trees need to avoid damage buffs as they are mandatory 'choices' for DPS.

Imo class tree should focus solely on damage mitigation, buffing, cc, mobility and utility in general. Class tree can focus on throughput.
    This gets weird for healers though who want to choose how they deal damage, I like the idea of being a melee healer for druids and shamans so idk how that would work, though blizz could just give that stuff for free so healers can access that which would be fine.
    idk man i like those damage buffs
    PI is a fun little thing which yeah it might lead to severe class stacking but its a fun little extra

5+ Year Old Account
    for me of what they showed us, i want more new interesting talents, no useless nodes, don't spread tree too far monkas.

1) Priest DF talent tree -> has unique options and don't spreads too far = Best.

2) Death Knight DF talent tree -> shitload of nodes that exist just in place to put something, old boring staff, spreads as ass = WORST.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now since they're coming for sure...I just want to see what they have for what I enjoy playing and we can do from there. So far I've only see the talents for one class I like...waiting weeks for another is annoying.

I really wish talent trees would be more than what they are now. Like an additional slot for Glyphs or how you can change your skills in Diablo 3 (maybe just three slots). It would be soooo much cooler than just another iteration of talent trees they deemed outdated back in MoP.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again