Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    wtf r u talking about? if you tell me your name is bob and i call you asshat,you would be ok with it?
    Is Bob his legal name?
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Rad1um View Post
    Wait, who is punishing you and what do you mean by that? Is someone actively persecuting you because you do not think like they do?
    Honestly I've seen it escalating to bans and other penative measures in other online platforms. You can't really play the " what's the harm game" anymore and be genuine.

Give an inch and they take a mile gotta stomp'em early.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtistOfWar View Post
    While you're probably not wrong, a lot of laws and government assistance, benefits and sports are tied to labels, so they kind of matter.
    It really doesn't matter as much as you think. People just need to be more chill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    Ah, yes, inserting Marxist gender ideology into something that should be apolitical... And it also makes it so women, the people that Blizzard is supposedly "protecting", not exist anymore because they are now just a "body type" and "men can now magically be women if they have the correct mental illness or brainwashing". Lovely.
    I read this and I ask myself how you even made it to the internet, let alone be able to live all these years with an extremely skewed sense of reality.

Im a man and as much as Ive tried these last few minutes, I cannot magically turn into anything, let alone a woman.

When you say "MAGICALLY" what do you mean, exactly? Break it down for me. Also, what type of magic? We talking like Santeria Cubana or we talking Lance Burton? David Copperfield?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    "Pronouns".... Oh god..... what a joke.
    you are aware that pronouns have existed since the English language began right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Is Bob his legal name?
    Proly not,what does it matter

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    It really doesn't matter as much as you think. People just need to be more chill.
    From a legal perspective it matters a lot. Here? Doesn't matter a bit. I think the problem here, is a subset of the country that sees these instances of corporations virtue signaling and getting annoyed by it. I mean when you played a game for 16+ years and the company screws up with some social structures within their company and then they go full-send hyper-progressive mode, it makes you roll your eyes and it clearly cuts quality to make a faux statement about the "new" inclusive culture they have. It's pretty fake and a bit laughable because pretending women don't exist isn't protecting them. They're not just a body type. I'd say it also makes it much harder to write a good story if you're too concerned with being politically correct, but I think the Blizzard and a good story ship sailed a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    you are aware that pronouns have existed since the English language began right?
    And it was never forced on to anybody like we currently are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    everyone has always had and used pronouns,the thing people seem to have an issue with is prefered pronouns they personaly disagree with,i wonder if these people would be ok if people called them by a different name just to mock them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    And it was never forced on to anybody like we currently are doing.
    no one is forcing you to respect other people,but i would proly be an asshole if i started calling you suzy instead of your name

everyone has always had and used pronouns,the thing people seem to have an issue with is prefered pronouns they personaly disagree with,i wonder if these people would be ok if people called them by a different name just to mock them

- - - Updated - - -

no one is forcing you to respect other people,but i would proly be an asshole if i started calling you suzy instead of your name
    I don't think anyone uses pronouns in game. That said I get why people don't want this.

Imagine catering to people that represent less than 1% of the population and pretend like the other 99% doesn't exist.

The vast majority of people understand basic biology. Male & Female is what it should remain, the catering to this stuff is so beyond egregious at this point. When did normalizing being wrong become normal.

Sorry to all the crazy people out there but just because you're a "buff" Woman doesn't make you something other than a Woman. Same goes for a "feminine" Man it doesn't make you not a Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad1um View Post
    I read this and I ask myself how you even made it to the internet, let alone be able to live all these years with an extremely skewed sense of reality.

Im a man and as much as Ive tried these last few minutes, I cannot magically turn into anything, let alone a woman.

When you say "MAGICALLY" what do you mean, exactly? Break it down for me. Also, what type of magic? We talking like Santeria Cubana or we talking Lance Burton? David Copperfield?
    When I say "magically", I mean "does not conform to reality", but is also known as "magical thinking". Transgenderism is the same as schizophrenia or anorexia, it is a delusion and disorder. Believing that voices are really talking to you does not make them real, nor does seeing yourself as obese when you are 120 pounds and have been literally starving yourself. Same thing with trans. The gender dysphoria is still there, no amount of surgeries or synthetic hormones (both of which cause severe damage to the body, BTW) will cure that. People have spent decades giving out false treatments for a very real disorder, and it's pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbag View Post
    Imagine catering to people that represent less than 1% of the population and pretend like the other 99% doesn't exist.

The vast majority of people understand basic biology. Male & Female is what it should remain, the catering to this stuff is so beyond egregious at this point. When did normalizing being wrong become normal.

Sorry to all the crazy people out there but just because you're a "buff" Woman doesn't make you something other than a Woman. Same goes for a "feminine" Man it doesn't make you not a Man.
    When Marxist gender ideology started being put out by our Universities in order to "destabilize" the youth, at least according to queer theorists.
    Last edited by Darth Vowrawn; 2022-07-16 at 05:09 AM.

Alliance

Proly not,what does it matter
    Truth tends to matter. If it is his legal name, you call him that (or some accepted variation of it). Seems simple.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody cares about pronouns, and if you get mocked you ignore them and not interact with them anymore like an adult would do....

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Nobody cares about pronouns, and if you get mocked you ignore them and not interact with them anymore like an adult would do....
    ok suzy,glad thats sorted out

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Truth tends to matter. If it is his legal name, you call him that (or some accepted variation of it). Seems simple.
    yeah,i agree,i tend to respect people that offer respect

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I don't think anyone uses pronouns in game. That said I get why people don't want this.
    literaly every person uses pronouns,how would someone adress you?when they dont know your name

literaly every person uses pronouns,how would someone adress you?when they dont know your name
    "Hi, nice to meet you?....."

What wrong with you btw? You act like pronouns is a big thing then your life should be really REALLY boring.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2022-07-16 at 05:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the hermaphrodite body type 3 option??

Quote Originally Posted by jubilantjulian View Post
    Good question! Some trans people are like that- for example I'm a trans man (female to male) and so I just use the male bodies lol. But there are some people who IRL don't "pass" as their preferred gender. Like, trans women who are really broad shouldered and have a prominent Adams apple. For them it can be cool to have a body representative of theirs (as far as these crazy roid bodies can be said to represent actual people lol) and still use the pronouns that they like. Does that help?
    I suppose that makes sense. It just confuses me because I've mostly heard that reminders of your biological sex (when it doesn't line up with your gender) can make trans people uncomfortable. So this whole system seems counter-intuitive. I hope what I'm saying makes sense.

Lmao do what? 99.9% of the time people address people by saying their game name or just typing a phrase. I've never seen in 17 years of WoW someone go "Yo are you a boy, girl or a they & how should I address you."

I'm very curious, and if anyone could answer honestly, please go ahead.
    Does this really help you if you are trans?
    I imagine if I was trans, I'd simply make a male character, and live out that fantasy?
    Or for you guys out there, make a female character and live out that fantasy?
    How does this help people with gender dysphoria? Being trans means you want to transition to the opposite sex, you don't want to be stuck in between, that is just a stop gap measure while you transition, yes?
    The only one here I think makes sense is adding the "other/they/them" tags for people that feel uncomfortable with identifying as either gender?
    Am I wrong? tell me how I'm wrong if so.