Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think they were toying with the idea with Azjol Nerub in wotlk, but ended up not doing it.

I think there is room for an underground zone this expansion. Given that the Black dragonflight domain is earth and they might have their own territory in Dragon Isle.
    Last edited by Sauredfangs; 2022-07-20 at 06:25 AM.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

The only way undergournd areas make sense to me is by making it very vertical. Otherwise it is juts a normal zone with a ceiling...

But that will bring the scorne of people who thought Maldraxxus and the other SL zones have been to complicated to navigate....

Underground Azeroth as a place is highly problematic due to Dragonriding. An entire patch dedicated to a zone where you naturally cannot fly?

Sure, you can argue with "but you could fly in Deepholme", but if the underground locations aren't MASSIVE, a patch taking place underground doesn't make any sense in an expansion that heavily features vast and open spaces.

A flying zone high above the Dragon Isles makes way more sense.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    I think they were toying with the idea with Azjol Nerub in wotlk, but ended up not doing it.

I think there is room for an underground zone this expansion. Given that the Black dragonflight domain is earth and they might have their own territory in Dragon Isle.
    Not really just toying. The amount of detail and the sheer size of the two dungeons suggest the zone was pretty much created, they just could not figure out the gameplay. Sad they did not at least make it a raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Underground Azeroth as a place is highly problematic due to Dragonriding. An entire patch dedicated to a zone where you naturally cannot fly?

Sure, you can argue with "but you could fly in Deepholme", but if the underground locations aren't MASSIVE, a patch taking place underground doesn't make any sense in an expansion that heavily features vast and open spaces.

A flying zone high above the Dragon Isles makes way more sense.
    Argus was mostly hollow. Azeroth could be as well. Ofc then the issue is the game engine. Doubt they can figure a way to make gravity work.

will be cut and scrapped when everyone finds out that dragonflying and 95% rehashed graphic assets isn't enough to keep people entertained for two years. Sound interesting, though, would play!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Argus was mostly hollow. Azeroth could be as well. Ofc then the issue is the game engine. Doubt they can figure a way to make gravity work.
    What is there to figure out? Gravity wouldn't change much until you dig really, really deep. You could easily have Dragon Isles sized caves in the outer mantle.

Still, Nyel does have a point. Flying islands or other skybound content would fit with the focus systems of this expansion much better.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    What is there to figure out? Gravity wouldn't change much until you dig really, really deep. You could easily have Dragon Isles sized caves in the outer mantle.

Still, Nyel does have a point. Flying islands or other skybound content would fit with the focus systems of this expansion much better.
    Eh I was talking about a zone at the core so that's as deep as it goes. The World Soul should be at the core after all

Eh I was talking about a zone at the core so that's as deep as it goes. The World Soul should be at the core after all
    They'd probably just use default gravity still. The engine wasn't built for that kind of thing and it'd mostly just be disorienting anyway. Besides, even the core still is large enough that you'd get a mostly "flat" zone.

They'd probably just use default gravity still. The engine wasn't built for that kind of thing and it'd mostly just be disorienting anyway. Besides, even the core still is large enough that you'd get a mostly "flat" zone.
    I guess. I was thinking of a Hollow World concept where you are inside the spherical cell with different zones at different pants and only sharing the same skybox. I guess you could just have no flight in such an expansion (or add mounts that can climb vertical surfaces like spiders and lizards).

Quote Originally Posted by Apatrida View Post
    will be cut and scrapped when everyone finds out that dragonflying and 95% rehashed graphic assets isn't enough to keep people entertained for two years. Sound interesting, though, would play!
    I cant wait until people do not have a reason to log in outside of raid days complain there is nothing to do!! ITS WOD 2.0 AGAIN!! Then it will be back to chores etc.

That sounds more like Blizz trolling dataminers, to be honest.
    I do wish they'd do that more, just for the laughs if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Wherever it is, I hope it's near the Dragon Islands and not halfway across Azeroth or in another galaxy.
    Patch 10.2 - "We're going back to Argus bois!"

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    The only way undergournd areas make sense to me is by making it very vertical. Otherwise it is juts a normal zone with a ceiling...

But that will bring the scorne of people who thought Maldraxxus and the other SL zones have been to complicated to navigate....
    Except we'd have flying from the get go.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Nah, the SoS is a bit more tentacular as opposed to nautiloid:

I'm pretty sure they used the Dragon Isles temple as inspiration for the SoS.

But I agree with you. The Dragon Isles temple is too iconic for them to not use somehow. It would be tragic IMO. It's the centerpiece of the only concept art we've had for the Isles until now.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

I guess. I was thinking of a Hollow World concept where you are inside the spherical cell with different zones at different pants and only sharing the same skybox. I guess you could just have no flight in such an expansion (or add mounts that can climb vertical surfaces like spiders and lizards).
    I don't think you quite grasp the scale involved. They could easily do that at a scale where they didn't need to do anything about gravity. Planets are big.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    I"d be down the the canned Nerubian zone mixed with more elementals. Sounds cool.

Also didn't GoldenYak do a underground concept at one point?
    So basically ahn'kahet mixed with depholme. Sounds dope.

10+ Year Old Account
    There've been underground environments before, I'd like to see a crack at a dedicated subterranean zone, with like a massive underground skybox. I think you could pull off a 'Hollow Azeroth' type expansion, with a magical sun and underworld biomes and everything, but I'd at least like to see a full underworld zone at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Spritz Bergak View Post
    There is a new map with a string " Warning: This must be flagged as "in development" until 10.1" titled [Dragon Isles Underground] just like how we went to Argus in legion or the lands of the first ones in shadowlands.

I knew 10.1 will take place below Azeroth the first time I laid eyes upon the new datamined underground mushroom tree models.
    Which underground mushroom tree model is that out of curiosity?

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post

Would it though? Dragonriding is almost immediately available, so a vertical zone would be simpler to navigate by the sheer fact that we have access to some form of "flight".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Quote Originally Posted by Zharikov View Post
    https:
    //media.wowdb.com/renders/creature107687.jpg

^ this one, just put https in front of it and it will take you to the model picture

Quote Originally Posted by Zharikov View Post

Last edited by Spritz Bergak; 2022-07-23 at 07:46 AM.