Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Who said anything about the extra customization? Literally just make the Visage Form the other races, without any extra customizations. That's it. You can keep the ones that are already there as special snowflakes. Just let me be more than Belf Male and Human Female.
    Hmmm maybe for you but no if Blizz are to open it to other races I want all the jewellery and extra customisation not just a repaste of all the races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who said anything about the extra customization? Literally just make the Visage Form the other races, without any extra customizations. That's it. You can keep the ones that are already there as special snowflakes. Just let me be more than Belf Male and Human Female.
    So just be a Tauren with no visible draconic appearance? What’s the point of that? The entire point of a Evoker is to be draconic. If you want to be another race or don’t want to be draconic, roll something else.

Also I was talking more about the idea that they would remove dracthyr racials. Not happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Hmmm maybe for you but no if Blizz are to open it to other races I want all the jewellery and extra customisation not just a repaste of all the races.
    This too. Also you just know that people would call Blizzard lazy if they just pasted races onto the Dracthyr visage form.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So just be a Tauren with no visible draconic appearance? What’s the point of that? The entire point of a Evoker is to be draconic. If you want to be another race or don’t want to be draconic, roll something else.

Also I was talking more about the idea that they would remove dracthyr racials. Not happening.

- - - Updated - - -

This too. Also you just know that people would call Blizzard lazy if they just pasted races onto the Dracthyr visage form.
    No dragon before Dracthyr, aside from the Aspects, has shown draconic traits in their Visage form. Why should it matter?

10+ Year Old Account
    No dragon before Dracthyr, aside from the Aspects, has shown draconic traits in their Visage form. Why should it matter?
    Wrathion has burning red eyes, and he’s not an aspect, so there’s that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Wrathion has burning red eyes, and he’s not an aspect, so there’s that.
    Okay, but eye glow is a lot easier to manage than a ton of cusomization options. Also, he's the son of an aspect, he is obviously special.

It's bizarre that draconids take human appearance when they didn't exist at that time.
    Same for high elf appearance.
    They should honestly be more like trolls, night elves or perhaps tauren.

Easy compromise is just any race for visage but no wings or anything unless in combat mode. The current drakthyr design looks horrifically bad to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, but eye glow is a lot easier to manage than a ton of cusomization options. Also, he's the son of an aspect, he is obviously special.
    Actually, he's not really the son of Deathwing.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    One thing I always appreciated about FF14 is that the players themselves end up looking cooler than the story characters which is important because you know.. You're gonna be looking at your character 24 / 7

But in WoW they have always given the coolest stuff to the NPCs which is borderline idiotic look at how good Alex looks and compare that to what we get.
    I actually like that. I don't think it is really right because it is basically only a few characters who look more elaborate than we are.
    Makes the NPCs who are clearly more powerfull than we are more... special and also players don't stick out as much like sore thumbs or a freaking lalafel in a sexy bunny costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    What do you think is a fair compromise between player expectations and the reality of a 2022 release for Visage Form at launch? Personally, I don't think all playable races is realistic (though I'd like to be wrong), so this thread isn't about what we think they should be but what would be a fair start at launch?

As for me, I think including both gender models of Human, Orc and High Elf would be a fine start for Visage Form on release. I think this selection makes sense when you consider where each race stands in the canon. Humans lead the Alliance, Orcs lead the Horde and High Elves are split between as the Void Elves and Blood Elves.

From a lore perspective, it could be explained as such: "Most Drac'thyr are as their creator intended, which is to be soldiers. As such many of them are often quite pragmatic in their decision-making, including their choice of mortal visage. During missions, when Evokers find themselves among potential hostiles, blending in with the general populace is a most effective tool."
    A fair compromise? Blizzard makes the game and you get what you fucking get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    there is quite a few F2P games with far more updates (comparativelu) than WoW which has a sub, box price, expansion price aaaaand in game shop
    For "quite a few" I've never seen one that adds more, comparable maybe...but haven't seen any f2p do "far more". I have on the other hand seen f2p games that add much less...in a entire year they add content that could be near or equal to a .1 patch in wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    He says stuff like “I will NOT be held accountable for the sins of my father. My destiny will be my own.” and is referring to Deathwing. Maybe Deathwing isn't his literal father (more likely Deathwing is his grandfather), but he treats it as such. He also considers himself Deathwing's heir, prince of the Flight, etcetera.

And he's also special because we purified his egg with Titan tech and he may actually be the combined DNA of multiple eggs, so there's that too.

Source for this claim.

OT: Dracthyr are intended to be different, unique and separate from other dragons, apparently, so it makes sense they'd have different visage forms in that context. I don't disagree with the desire to have more races available for visage forms though, but as others have said Blizzard had to prioritize. Since they went the route of significantly expanding the customization options for the visage form, if they were to make it for other races, they'd have to give them all the same treatment and not just half-ass it and do normal races with no additional customization options. You know Blizzard wouldn't allow themselves to do that.

Dracthyr explicitly are not dragons. They're a race of dragonkin created by Deathwing before his corruption. None of the examples given in the past 8 pages apply because again, and I can't emphasize this enough, they are not dragons.

Of course that's just the lore, and if you want a Tauren visage form that's your preference, just providing the lore reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Dracthyr explicitly are not dragons. They're a race of dragonkin created by Deathwing before his corruption. None of the examples given in the past 8 pages apply because again, and I can't emphasize this enough, they are not dragons.

Of course that's just the lore, and if you want a Tauren visage form that's your preference, just providing the lore reasoning.
    Ok, but how He can create them look like a high elf and human when non of the two race exist before his corruption. Only nigh elfs, trolls, taurens and the old stone dwarf do from the playable races.

Indeed

the visage form is inherently non-draconic

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    Indeed

the visage form is inherently non-draconic
    Aren’t the visage forms covered in scales lol

The general consensus here seems to be “this brand new unestablished thing doesn’t play by my established rules for established things and that makes me mad”, like, compromise? you do not make the game, why in the world should blizzard compromise with you! It feels entitled but that’s me personally
    Last edited by perkocet; 2022-07-26 at 02:53 PM.

I don't get why anyone wants visgae form in the first place tbh... cheap way of Blizz to get around adjusting gear for the new rig of drakthyr. and just create 5 laszy transmogs and a few recolors and be done with it.
    We won't ever get a real variety of armor for the drakthyr. We probably won't ever get more visage forms.
    We got anther elve. Because we do not have enough of those allready.
    We got a new race without transmog or stupid transmog rules.
    We got a race that can only be one class.
    We got a class that is probably going to be so op you can kick every other healer to the curb.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I don't get why anyone wants visgae form in the first place tbh... cheap way of Blizz to get around adjusting gear for the new rig of drakthyr. and just create 5 laszy transmogs and a few recolors and be done with it.
    We won't ever get a real variety of armor for the drakthyr. We probably won't ever get more visage forms.
    We got anther elve. Because we do not have enough of those allready.
    We got a new race without transmog or stupid transmog rules.
    We got a race that can only be one class.
    We got a class that is probably going to be so op you can kick every other healer to the curb.
    Visage form is a nice flavour to the Race, I like it and appreciate it and being in Dragon form is good anyway as most Mail armour looks like trash, simple thing is if you don't like it don't play just stop crying about it because we don't care.

Visage form is a nice flavour to the Race, I like it and appreciate it and being in Dragon form is good anyway as most Mail armour looks like trash, simple thing is if you don't like it don't play just stop crying about it because we don't care.
    Cared enough to quote me. And no. I do like the class itself and the idea of the race.

But they took the easy way out and just threw another elve in our face because they know people get orgasms everytime they get a new elve for soem reason.

I like mail armor. You do realize that the visage has to wear that too?

So your solution on a forum, is to only contribute to the discussion if we have your opinion? Interesting….