On the Feminine-Masculine axis, what is your most "outlier" thing for you?

This isn't about sexuality.

If you stop to think about it, what is the most "opposite" thing to your overall presentation that you do?

I'm pretty masculine, at least in my own opinion. A big guy with a beard that goes hunting and stuff, but I absolutely hate all shampoos and shower gels that are traditionally marketed at men. I always use the stuff my gf buys for herself.

Soap that makes you smell like flowers? Sign me the fuck up.
    Last edited by Gabriel; 2022-08-05 at 12:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a man, and I have a ponytail. Something that I find to be really rare among men around here, but fairly common for women.

I don't really see it like I have a feminine hair, though. It's just hair, and I like it this way. I care little what others think of how men "should" have their hair, which I guess is somewhat masculine? I always get a laugh out of the manly men who "wouldn't be caught dead with wearing clothes that are marketed for women", or whatever. Like, your masculinity is fragile as fuck, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    This question begs the definition of Masculine and Feminine. And I am more than happy to grab some popcorn and see people debate this.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had to say this:
    You mean body type 1 and body type 2?

All jokes aside; as I get older I cry more, or let's just say get watery eyes. Could be a beautiful song or movie. There's this commercial from McDonald's that makes me grab my tissues every single time:

I've been told by my wife that she finds me very masculine, yet I often joke that in our relationship I'm the girl. Most of the sterotypes about what women prefer guys to do in relationships fall on me, where my wife tends to be the opposite.

Around everyone else, we switch to very classic archetypes, but with each other our "traditional" roles are quite reversed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easily that I wear skirts and use nail polish. Skirts are comfy as hell and I think nail polish looks nice. The biggest problem is finding skirts with big enough pockets that fit well. Thankfully designers for women have started to realize that pockets are amazing and everyone should have them, so it's getting easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

I don't like wearing makeup. I am not that good at putting it on as a result. I was never drawn to practicing my makeup as other girls were when I was young.

I just do the bare minimum and don't try any fancy looks.

I also dislike having to carry a purse around. So burdensome. I hate having to carry a lot of anything around actually. When my kids were babies, I hated lugging around their nappy bag. I potty trained them ASAP lol.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2022-08-07 at 01:43 PM.

by western standards I'm assuming? because its all cultural and honestly artificial.

but.. by western, specifically American standards - I like video games, action movies, heavy metal music and building things (oh and outdoors, I like outdoors) and i absolutely despise wearing perfume, and wear unscented deodorant. because for some reason those are considered masculine. I also like stereotypically feminine things like crafts and cooking and wearing makeup and heels and sappy love movies and musicals and scented candles. so /shrug I don't feel like any of those things have anything to do with my gender. they are just... things.

As a guy, for me it would be easily my choice of drinks. I prefer "fruity shit" - preferably lavender or magenta colored, with not too much hard liquor.

The funny thing is that I work in a "bro culture" company, so initially there was literally no end to snickers and critiques at corporate events, but since I wasn't really phased by it, over time all of the "what the hell u drinkin bro? Get a real drink" gradually morphed into "shit, that looks amazing - what is that, can I try?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    As a guy, for me it would be easily my choice of drinks. I prefer "fruity shit" - preferably lavender or magenta colored, with not too much hard liquor.

The funny thing is that I work in a "bro culture" company, so initially there was literally no end to snickers and critiques at corporate events, but since I wasn't really phased by it, over time all of the "what the hell u drinkin bro? Get a real drink" gradually morphed into "shit, that looks amazing - what is that, can I try?"
    I had a hard time thinking of anything but yeah.. "girly drinks" is my jam tbh.
    I can't drink beer because I feel ill quickly af and often have to go and vomit. So prolly sensitive to something in it... and the times people questioned me why I don't drink beer is countless.

So cider and flavorful drinks. I prefer having a good taste to having alcohol taste.
    Went to a bar / restaurant place here that had various candy inspired drinks and you got 1-2 pieces of said candy as garnish. Few of the best drinks I've had, though very sweet, but I got a sweet tooth so I don't mind.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    IAll jokes aside; as I get older I cry more, or let's just say get watery eyes. Could be a beautiful song or movie.
    Yep, there we are. That's me too, the more I age, the more I get a little tearful at the drop of a dime. I like it too!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    This question begs the definition of Masculine and Feminine. And I am more than happy to grab some popcorn and see people debate this.
    Depends if masculinity and femininity is a chemical reaction or what society decides a man does and a woman does. You see the word used in nature a lot, and animals don't have society, but still exhibit different characteristics in their behavior depending on gender roles, lions come to immediate mind.

Alright Reddit, simmer down.

If you don't agree with the premise of using masculine-feminine axis, just don't post.

The point of the thread was to open up about stuff some of us might feel insecure, and maybe see that we're not so different after all if other people do the same stuff. Not to start argument of definitions mad their cultural connections.

I like being asked out instead of asking someone out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m a man I’m pretty secure in myself and always have been. Hate beer and sitting around talking shit about anyone especially women.

I don’t feel the need to scratch my nuts or treat my wife like I hate her or being anything but in her presence.

I really love my wife I’m happy, I’m happy making sure she’s satisfied and impressed. I love spending time with my wife and can never get enough.

I know some narratives that some guys refer to their wives disrespectfully I’ve never had that urge either.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Um....I'm super into basketball, I guess? Like, memorize team statistics kind of obsessed. My friends make fun of me for it.

5+ Year Old Account
    I don’t know, but I like to repair stuff. I sometimes dig into electricity and build computers. I even built my own recording studio. It’s kind of crazy, but I’m renovating my house right now and I am female.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Um....I'm super into basketball, I guess? Like, memorize team statistics kind of obsessed. My friends make fun of me for it.
    I doubt that would be gender-related. I'd sooner say autistic.