Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Time for WoW to evolve - Remove dailies/weeklies and add Season Pass

EDIT:
    After reading the first page, I'm beginning to think people just want to be force fed things and told what to do instead of having a choice of doing things their way.
    I'm advocating for being able to play whatever content you want and everyone getting rewarded for it instead of having to do dailies, every day.
    Also, you might want to take a deep breath and wait a couple of minutes before you go bananas with the keyboard.

Original post:
    Let's be honest. How many of you play the game (not log in, play) because of daily/weekly quests?
    Now that Blizzard has bought a company to improve WoW quality, there should be more focus put on it being a game instead of a chore.
    Removing dailies/weeklies would mean less players online, which would mean lower population for pugs in dungeons/raids.

But there is a solution for this - free season pass which levels up when you gain XP from killing monsters, doing raids, dungeons, pvp, gathering/crafting, etc.
    This would increase player interactivity instead of everyone playing on their own. The thing MMO is about. Or they could do that by just doing their solo activities.

And voila, suddenly players feel rewarded for playing the game their way. No need to do the dailies anymore. No one forced into things they don't want to do. Awesome, right?
    This season/battle pass could include everything from gold to crafting mats to transmog items, mounts and currency you need to improve gear.
    Who wouldn't love this?

But there's also potential to earn more money
    by making it a $10 paid season pass for those who want. This does not need to be on a monthly basis and instead be something that's rotated every 3 months. That would make it some $3.5/month which is most likely accessible to 90+% of WoW players.
    Rocket League has a great season pass system. You pay once and when you level up you earn the currency and at a certain level you have enough to buy the next season battle pass without paying more real money.

I'm sure someone else thought about this? But I don't see any downsides to it. Do you?
    Last edited by Strawberry; 2022-08-05 at 08:55 AM.

Diablo Immortal that way ----> you can pass there all you want.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Diablo Immortal that way ----> you can pass there all you want.
    To everyone commenting in the future. Don't be the guy above. Use your brain and eyes and read the whole thread :-)

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Of all the many, shitty ideas I've read over the past few years this is, by far, the worst and shittiest. Bravo!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Let's be honest. How many of you play the game (not log in, play) because of daily/weekly quests?
    A lot of people, which is why daily quests have been a staple of WoW for 15 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Follow up: why do you want to pay more money to not play the game? Just unsubscribe and play something else if you don’t enjoy it.

Now that Blizzard has bought a company to improve WoW quality, there should be more focus put on it being a game instead of a chore.
    Removing dailies/weeklies would mean less players online, which would mean lower population for pugs in dungeons/raids.

But there is a solution for this - free season pass which levels up when you gain XP from killing monsters, doing raids, dungeons, pvp, gathering/crafting, etc.
    This would increase player interactivity instead of everyone playing on their own. The thing MMO is about. Or they could do that by just doing their solo activities.

And voila, suddenly players feel rewarded for playing the game their way. No need to do the dailies anymore. No one forced into things they don't want to do. Awesome, right?
    This season/battle pass could include everything from gold to crafting mats to transmog items, mounts and currency you need to improve gear.
    Who wouldn't love this?

by making it a $10 paid season pass for those who want. This does not need to be on a monthly basis and instead be something that's rotated every 3 months. That would make it some $3.5/month which is most likely accessible to 90+% of WoW players.
    Rocket League has a great season pass system. You pay once and when you level up you earn the currency and at a certain level you have enough to buy the next season battle pass without paying more real money.

I'm sure someone else thought about this? But I don't see any downsides to it. Do you?
    Devs announced such changes for DF. But we can't be sure for now, how far they'll go, will changes be radical or half-arsed again and will they be made for all players or just for (as always) VIP hardcore guys, who don't want to do dailies to be able to raid.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Who wouldn't love this?

Or you play game that has that system. I do not agree with you. Cuz you dont like dailies and the way wow is why should blizzard game how the game work cuz of you?

You wanna have battlepass? Go play battlefield.
    You wanna have seasoned story mode? Hey check out Guild wars 2 . I belive you like it. Do you think people interacte more cuz of it? No..

There is acculy those who like dailies and stuff. Most of us who enjoy they game dont write on MMO-C and whine or coming with ”suggestion” cuz ee think our idea are so brilliant i gotta share it on a forum.

Please get over urself. You dont like how wow is? Don’t play. And let us who enjoy it in peace without ur idiotic idea of how you think the game could change to fit 1 person.

Go and play games that offer that shit instead of trying to ruin the game others like.

The world doenst revolve around you and ur needs and belving that there is people that think like you do. Ye mbey, but ur are a minority in that. Even if a 1000 people here would agree with you. That wouldnt represent the player base. And yes blizzard tends to read even this forum. But they also know that the majority who dont write here enjoy the game and they do know that people with idiotic ideas like yours are a very very very very Small minority of the playerbas.

And yes i read all of ur shit..

Hence i recommend games that has those systems. Go play them

To everyone commenting in the future. Don't be the guy above. Use your brain and eyes and read the whole thread :-)
    So what you want is more or less the renown system with MTX on top. Why would anyone in their right mind would advocate to have MTX added to a game you already buy expansions and pay a monthly subscription is baffling, unless of course you are somehow related to Bobby.

Any idea that changes in-game activities (even dogshit ones like WQs) for 'pay us more money' is horrbile.
    It does not matter if it is level boost, store mount/pet/transmog, season pass or xp boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    This is kind of argument is useless. If one wants to play WoW, sending them to "Battlefield" because they don't like the terrible systems of WoW is absolutely nonsensical and borderline condescending and rude.

General consensus: Dailies suck and are more or less pointless. How about attempting to deviate from something that admittedly sucks and try something new? I mean it can't get worse, they can attempt something different that might just work.

Its shocking how conservative this community is really. By the way, what you are playing atm is not WoW it just the franchise name on it just so you know.

No, its not a useless argument. For you it is cuz i state a fact.

Dailies sucks is a useless arguement - since its
    ur personal view a view that not everyone shares.

Quote Originally Posted by Azoorin View Post
    No, its not a useless argument. For you it is cuz i state a fact.

Dailies sucks is a useless arguement - since its
    ur personal view a view that not everyone shares.
    It is useless... it's not a fact that if you want to play an MMORPG you should instead play an FPS. That's non-sensical and a non-argument.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

15+ Year Old Account
    Season Pass is not a FPS exclusive feature, nor it should be.
    It's a positive change to get the players involved in activities they want to play instead of forcing anyone into one activity. And I'm positive a vast majority does not like repetitive tasks. Don't you guys have jobs?

1+ Year Old Account
    Please never write your ideas ever again thank you very much. Seasonal shite is one of the many cancerous mechanics the modern game rely on to waste your time and money. WoW already has some parts of it. No need to run it even deeper.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YogSoggoth View Post
    Please never write your ideas ever again thank you very much. Seasonal shite is one of the many cancerous mechanics the modern game rely on to waste your time and money. WoW already has some parts of it. No need to run it even deeper.
    So you'd rather waste your time on things you don't want to do instead of wasting your time on things you want to do?
    I'm not sure many people share the same idea.
    And before you comment "I like dailies" - this thread is not about me or you.

It is a fact. You wanna play battle pass games. There is games that offers that.

Coming up with a dumb arse idea is useless.
    There is no such thing as none arguemt.
    Cuz you cannot arguement on that doesnt make it none arguement..

Everything can be an argument even if you dont like it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I very much like this idea. First of all it works well with any game that shares this system. Second and most important, it allows for an individual player pace instead of the obligatory daily crap for petty rewards. Not to mention that it can incorporate a paid version inside the free one for extra cosmetic rewards and/or gold without any detriment to the free version.

All it takes is some good will and not pretending that wow is still the game we was playing in 2004. Since it is not, we should set aside all those "but this can't happen in wow" nonsense arguments and find ways to improve the game and make it contemporary once more.

There are fine examples of mmos where you can jump in do everything in a weekend and log out for a month with no penalty. WoW is stupidly trying to keep players logged in (because supposedly we all love each other and want to play together) and all it does is piss people off for having a second work schedule after their real life one.
    Yeah. I like having options. There's already plenty to do for both casuals and mostly plenty to do for hardcore players.
    Dailies are just around to keep people playing. There are other, better ways to do that. And I'm advocating to play the game the way you want, not force everyone onto one way of playing.
    Season pass is a great way to give everyone rewards for playing the way they want. I can't believe people are complaining about that

So you'd rather waste your time on things you don't want to do instead of wasting your time on things you want to do?
    I'm not sure many people share the same idea.
    And before you comment "I like dailies" - this thread is not about me or you.
    That's a rather ridiculous strawman. Nobody is arguing that they want to waste time doing things they don't want to do.

Your idea is only half fleshed out, what content is currently locked behind world quests that would instead be in the battle pass?

How does the Battle Pass deal with the concept that WQ's have varying rewards, and a lot of players only do the WQ's which specifically grant the reward that player is looking to get?

Why are any of these ideas worth paying for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

might be working in general but this is blizzard so expect a half-arsed battle pass solution nobody likes with hoops nobody asked for that would be paid on top of the monthly fee
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    might be working in general but this is blizzard so expect a half-arsed battle pass solution nobody likes with hoops nobody asked for that would be paid on top of the monthly fee
    Well judging from Diablo Immortal pass, I can't blame you for thinking that. It's what made me quit. That battle pass is absolute garbage.
    But there are great examples that work and reward you for playing the game. DI is a differently built game around microstransactions, WoW isn't.

We need to open the eyes of the WoW players.

It feels like they have always played WoW and nothing else, So they don’t know systems found in other game.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz