10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Also, wtf, is the "not ruin the wedding of a long time known person with no contact whatsoever for years" as a stake? Not an important one, as Jen turned. And we saw it wasn't important after all, in the happy end. I would have accepted that as a stake if it went through, but... didn't.
    Your comment only makes sense if you think the "stakes" are what's at risk and the protagonist can't ever lose. Because Jen lost, here.

So, you didn't watch the show and missed Jen's punch on Titania's face, her obvious slow motion distortion of her face and mouth shape from the punch and her broken veneers after the punch.

And you call me a liar. Look in the mirror, dude, pathetically resorting to ad hominems to win the internet fights,
    Here's why I call you a liar. I went and re-watched that scene to be sure, and captured my very own screengrab mid-slow-mo. And here we go;

Titania's veneers are fine. You're literally lying about the scene in question. That's why you get called out for lying, dude, because you tell lies.

What is "IT"? Jen instantaneously hulking or turning green when taking the punch? LOL, dude, You keep on those straightfaced lies. Don't work here.
    Jen surviving Titania's punch with minimal, if any, damage. Did you lose track of what was being discussed?

You obviously didn't watch the show or read what we are discussing, going full circle. Too old for that shit. Ignored.

Keep on believing you won. C'mon, Endus and Biomega, tell him he did, so he can get his cookie.
    I watched the show. That's why I remember when Bruce specifically said that Jen's blood had healing power that exceeded his own, to the point that he USED IT TO HEAL HIMSELF.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Keep on believing you won. C'mon, Endus and Biomega, tell him he did, so he can get his cookie.
    Technically, since you never made a valid point anywhere, EVERYONE won (except you, of course).

So... COOKIES ALL AROUND, YA'LL.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Prove that human Jen cannot be injured. You are just wildly making stuff up.

What you ACTUALLY have is "getting into a car crash while wearing an inhibitor hurt Banner more than Jen was hurt by Titania punching her in the face".

No way, a car crash hurt more than a punch? Shit show, indeed.
    I used to respect you, but i guess that respect was misplaced. Thanks for showing your true colors, for whatever reason.

And i already answered what you asked to be proven. Going full circle, when unable to provide a reasonable counterargument. Pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Technically, since you never made a valid point anywhere, EVERYONE won (except you, of course).

So... COOKIES ALL AROUND, YA'LL.
    Gratz. Mommy can pat you, i suppose.
    /spit@Blizzard

I used to respect you, but i guess that respect was misplaced. Thanks for showing your true colors, for whatever reason.

And i already answered what you asked to be proven. Going full circle, when unable to provide a reasonable counterargument. Pathetic.
    You really are just fully retreating to "I already won so I don't need to address these arguments" cringe now, aren't you?

Why don't you tell us why Bruce lied and said that Jen's blood had healing powers greater than his own.
    -ynnady

Heck the entire Ant-Man movie is a parade of internal inconsistencies, where the whole shrinking thing never works the same. Does his mass decrease or not? How can he have enough mass to knock someone over, but also not enough to squash the ant he rides on?
    Hah yeah, I remember I tried to figure out how the shrinking worked while I watched and had to immediately nope out of that, and just sit back and enjoy the ride

Ant-man had whatever mass and momentum he needed to make the scene they were shooting work!

Quote Originally Posted by paxen View Post
    Hah yeah, I remember I tried to figure out how the shrinking worked while I watched and had to immediately nope out of that, and just sit back and enjoy the ride

Ant-man had whatever mass and momentum he needed to make the scene they were shooting work!
    It would be pretty hilarious if they tried to make it consistent and he turns into giant man and just has regular man strength.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You really are just fully retreating to "I already won so I don't need to address these arguments" cringe now, aren't you?
    I don't think they're discussing in good faith at all, tbh. I wish the thread could be about she-hulk and not repeatedly devolve into several pages of trolling...

Quote Originally Posted by paxen View Post
    I don't think they're discussing in good faith at all, tbh. I wish the thread could be about she-hulk and not repeatedly devolve into several pages of trolling...
    I agree. You can tell from the sudden lull in posting that they are out there furiously googling how to ignore that Bruce said that Jen's blood had healing power beyond his own, rather than just acknowledging it.
    -ynnady

Why the hell you posting all of this? I gave 2 easy to fix ways of this inconsistency. The writers never even thought there was one, despite it existing. That's why the show is BAD, and i am all for explaining my opinion on it.

You know, since i haven't posted on any other show, they probably were accepted at least as ok. But this one is BAD. If you think i am saying it is BAD, because of a hidden agenda, then go write some TV. It's gonna be as BAD as this one, but hell you will make moniez.

Trying to attribute perfectly valid reasons to some other thing instead of discussing what i said, means you can't refute my arguments. Why don;t you give me your opinion on what i proposed? if it would fit the show, if you think it would cost much, if it would break the show?

DISCUSS MY FRIGGIN POINTS, ya kno? Not making a conspiracy theory out of them.
    There’s no inconsistency. Everything is done for dramatic or comedic effect. Your points aren’t relevant. I broke my elbow in five places after slipping on the ice. That’s reality. What we see on TV? If you see a broken bone, it’s entirely done for dramatic or comedic effect with little thought to the realism of it.

You’ve been shown specific examples from other shows and you promptly hand wave them. You don’t have to like the She-Hulk but your stated reasons for disliking them have so far been pretty stupid. I didn’t immediately run to some Internet forum complaining about how Stark should’ve broken his neck after repulsor boot accidents. I’m willing to acknowledge that should’ve happened but I think that dissecting a simple piece of slapstick humor is a waste of everyone’s time.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And sure; they weren't kind to Mr. Immortal. They're not ethically obliged to be. They got him a dream settlement, so it can't be argued they weren't working in their client's interest. Respect isn't a requirement.
    The paralegal increased the eye contact out of spite, that is unethical and not working in their client's interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    The paralegal increased the eye contact out of spite, that is unethical and not working in their client's interest.
    "I was concerned that the plaintiff was going to turn on the deal after hearing what the defendant said, so I upped it to ensure it would stick"

Wow, that was hard to explain.

The only thing unethical is they should have turned him into the police for fraud.
    -ynnady

The only thing unethical is they should have turned him into the police for fraud.
    Can't do that. Attorney-client privilege. You can confess whatever you want to your lawyer, they can't turn you in.

The exception would be if that information is used to commit or further a crime, which it wasn't in this case - the crime already happened, he just told them.

Funnily enough, another exception is probate. Given that the Mr. Immortal thing involves him "dying", it's debatable how extant law would handle this. If you die and then get resurrected, are you legally deceased or not? Or if you're not, WERE you deceased at some point? Does that trigger probate issues?

I guess a more serious superhero law show could investigate questions like that

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Your comment only makes sense if you think the "stakes" are what's at risk and the protagonist can't ever lose. Because Jen lost, here.

Here's why I call you a liar. I went and re-watched that scene to be sure, and captured my very own screengrab mid-slow-mo. And here we go;

Titania's veneers are fine. You're literally lying about the scene in question. That's why you get called out for lying, dude, because you tell lies.

Jen surviving Titania's punch with minimal, if any, damage. Did you lose track of what was being discussed?
    Now go post the scene after she gets up after that punch. It is even clearly said in the scene after that image.

You keep doing your stuff. Post ONLY what suits you, calling other liars.

Of course i didn't lose track. That's one of my problems with the show. Why Jen doesn't get injured? What was your point again? She got "suckerpunched" and "launched a few feet"? rofl

Wasn't this discussed before? Whose was that peeve with no Jen injury? Oh, wait...

full circle, yada yada yada. Nice talking to walls, see you on the next episode for more of this
    /spit@Blizzard

Can't do that. Attorney-client privilege. You can confess whatever you want to your lawyer, they can't turn you in.

The exception would be if that information is used to commit or further a crime, which it wasn't in this case - the crime already happened, he just told them.

Funnily enough, another exception is probate. Given that the Mr. Immortal thing involves him "dying", it's debatable how extant law would handle this. If you die and then get resurrected, are you legally deceased or not? Or if you're not, WERE you deceased at some point? Does that trigger probate issues?

I guess a more serious superhero law show could investigate questions like that
    If your client is working under a fraudulent identity, and has admitted that to you, helping them use that fraudulent identity to transfer ill-gotten money to people as effectively a hush settlement is most certainly not covered by attorney-client privilege.

- - - Updated - - -

Now go post the scene after she gets up after that punch. It is even clearly said in the scene after that image.

You keep doing your stuff. Post ONLY what suits you, calling other liars.

Of course i didn't lose track. That's one of my problems with the show. Why Jen doesn't get injured? What was your point again? She got "suckerpunched" and "launched a few feet"? rofl

Wasn't this discussed before? Whose was that peeve with no Jen injury? Oh, wait...

full circle, yada yada yada. Nice talking to walls, see you on the next episode for more of this
    You are actually going to completely ignore that her blood is stated to have healing properties beyond Bruce's, aren't you? What an intellectual coward.
    -ynnady

If your client is working under a fraudulent identity, and has admitted that to you, helping them use that fraudulent identity to transfer ill-gotten money to people as effectively a hush settlement is most certainly not covered by attorney-client privilege.
    Did he use the fraudulent identity with is lawyer, though? I can't remember, I'll be honest. Though simply asking them to do something illegal wouldn't be enough anyway. They can just go "sorry no, that would be illegal" and end it right there. I doubt you could use this even to argue inchoate offense.

Did he use the fraudulent identity with is lawyer, though? I can't remember, I'll be honest. Though simply asking them to do something illegal wouldn't be enough anyway. They can just go "sorry no, that would be illegal" and end it right there. I doubt you could use this even to argue inchoate offense.
    If I come to you and say "I faked my death, and I need your help paying off the people that know about it", there is absolutely no way in US law that that would be covered by attorney-client privilege. You would absolutely be required ethically to report that to the police, because it involves ongoing concealment of a crime. An attorney cannot assist with ongoing concealment of a crime. You can't go to a lawyer and say "I murdered someone and I need your help paying off the people that know about it."
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Now go post the scene after she gets up after that punch.
    I see you forgot she slipped on ice cubes and face-planted, and that was what broke her veneers.

You're lying, again. Literally anyone can check this. My still was from around 20:22.

Here's 20:28, as Titania's getting up;

No damage visible.

She slips and slams her face into the ground at 20:40

Here's her getting up after that, at 20:47;

Both images pop to larger versions if you click.

Not only is the damage visible only after that faceplant, this is when she reaches up to her mouth, and says "My veneers!" at 20:50.

It is even clearly said in the scene after that image.
    Only if you conveniently edit out the faceplant after slipping on ice.

You are lying. Which is why you're not able to give video, images, or timestamps. Which I'm perfectly able of providing, because I'm not hiding anything; I absolutely welcome people double-checking me. Because I'm not lying about anything, I have nothing whatsoever to hide.

If I come to you and say "I faked my death, and I need your help paying off the people that know about it", there is absolutely no way in US law that that would be covered by attorney-client privilege.
    Faking your death is not usually illegal. The illegal part is usually fraud associated with the act, like collecting insurance money, etc. or avoiding criminal prosecution.

And he wasn't paying them off to keep quiet about the faking death part, was he? The way I remember it, his problem was them finding out he's still alive and demanding spousal support he owed because he didn't really end the marriages (seeing as he was still alive). You could probably construe fraud in there somehow, though that would run afoul of the death problem once more, since extant law doesn't usually cover coming back to life (at least not ACTUALLY coming back to life, only never having died in the first place).

10+ Year Old Account
    "Fraudulent identity" is a bit problematic as a concept. It's generally only fraudulent if you're using it to commit a crime. Authors can use pen names, and actors use stage names, all the time. If he were using the identity switch to evade taxes, or some other financial obligation, that'd be a problem, but the problem here seems to be a thorny question around the concept of death; in Mr. Immortal's eyes, he's absolutely dying, for real, every time. He just gets better. Marriage is "till death do you part", so he died, and he's parted. In his eyes, anyway, and it would be a case GLK&H could at least drag out, especially since it isn't just about his marriages. But unless he's engaged in other criminal stuff, the only possible charges would be bigamy, and that requires establishing that he isn't serially widowing these women, first. Obviously, making them happy so it never comes up is even better.

But otherwise, having multiple identities isn't automatically "fraudulent", in and of itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Faking your death is not usually illegal. The illegal part is usually fraud associated with the act, like collecting insurance money, etc. or avoiding criminal prosecution.
    And like I just said above, Mr. Immortal really does die. He just comes back to life after. There's no "faking".

Legal definitions of death usually include "impossibility of resuscitation". Does Mr. Immortal's power count? Or is it something else? We don't see the actual effect. It's a fun legal question, at least.