Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I don't care. People hate this and it's their right to complain about how bad of a narrative decision it is, like the burning of Teldrassil and like the entirety of Shadowlands.
    That's just your opinion. The people that like it just don't bother complaining. You may think you're a majority of the opinion but you don't really know that. Most people just follow tv shows, movies and game's stories to see how their actual owners carry the story forward and accept it as the owner's decision. And we just stop watching if we don't like it. We don't demand they cater to our incredibly subjective opinion. And just so you get it, alpha and beta stages of development are to find bugs not to have input on story.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomR View Post
    That's just your opinion. The people that like it just don't bother complaining. You may think you're a majority of the opinion but you don't really know that. Most people just follow tv shows, movies and game's stories to see how their actual owners carry the story forward and accept it as the owner's decision. And we just stop watching if we don't like it. We don't demand they cater to our incredibly subjective opinion. And just so you get it, alpha and beta stages of development are to find bugs not to have input on story.
    But... I never said it wasn't my opinion lol. Literally what's the point of your post? You're adding absolutely nothing to the conversation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    sure, people can complain, BUT!!
    this is not even playable in alpha, its datamined, so theres chance it wont even be playable IN ALPHA, let alone the live game... maybe IF it ever actualy reach that point that its more than datamined reference that might be outdated weeks before it was even found and actualy become part of the story then it would be reasonable to complain but now? its like complaining about concept art, fine if you dont like it and want to, then complain, but its not even ingame...

not to mention if thats the story direction they wanna go your complaining wont change that, as thats not purpose of alpha so the complaints are completely pointless...
    Your post as well. Why do you even care?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Ysera is default leader, even if shes not all the green flight would follow her over her daughter anyway, its not like dragons get senile or anything so it would be forcing her into the role when there is clearly a better fit which is in many ways FAR worse, like the only reason shes there is charity.
    This interpretation doesn't change anything about what I said.

Ah, the traditional "wait and see, guys!" that always precedes the go-live of the latest steaming pile from the writers. The entire point of alphas and betas is to provide feedback, yet there are always people advocating that we should keep silent and hope things turn out well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    I don't see why they need to do a resurrection story with Ysera. I think it is unnecessary. I can't say it has never been done in this IP before.. just other characters that were resurrected didn't look as appealing? (I can think of 2 that made it out ok tho..) Do I want this to become an ongoing and popular thing? Not really. Who else would be resurrected next?Arthas? To me it feels like it cheapens the death.. when some characters were tied up very nicely. Ysera happens to be one of them with a good cinematic.

I do remember seeing Merithra in Legion. I don't see the harm further building on upon her. If they just want an excuse to give Mal significance, I am sure he is capable of doing something else. (Maybe they will be finally nice enough to open more races for playable druid? He can be heavily themed in it. Since someone on the team did advertise all races will be able to be every class.) More so if they are doing something with Emerald Dream..? I'm not entirely sure, I read posts about this. I really don't know if that is confirmed with this upcoming expansion..or where they are taking that particular part. I just hope they don't spend as much time focusing on Ysera, green dragonflight and Night Elves.

I am more interested in the other aspects, Alexstrasza, Wraithon, Nozdormu and Kalecgos.
    By just putting Ysera back in the game in Shadowlands made her death and custscene impact close to null. Such a letdown to insist on that character after the amazing death she got in Legion.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

They're too stuck on the same characters(cause the current writing team fantasizes about them) and wont ever allow new characters to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Ah, the traditional "wait and see, guys!" that always precedes the go-live of the latest steaming pile from the writers. The entire point of alphas and betas is to provide feedback, yet there are always people advocating that we should keep silent and hope things turn out well.
    "Its only alpha, they'll fix it."
    "It's only beta, they'll fix it for launch"
    "Its only launch, they'll fix it in the patch"
    "They'll fix it in the next expansion, X company listens!"

Except it's literally not in the beta right now.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Except it's literally not in the beta right now.
    Which means that is is a good (probably the best) moment to provide feedback. By the moment the new xpac hits beta, everything is practically set in stone so expect nothing but number adjustments and a few tweaks here and there after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Which means that is is a good (probably the best) moment to provide feedback. By the moment the new xpac hits beta, everything is practically set in stone so expect nothing but number adjustments and a few tweaks here and there after that.
    What feedback can you provide if you don't know any context whatsoever?

5+ Year Old Account
    What feedback can you provide if you don't know any context whatsoever?
    We provide feedback with what little context we have available. If we had to wait until "we had the full picture", then no one could ever provide any kind of feedback before launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    We provide feedback with what little context we have available. If we had to wait until "we had the full picture", then no one could ever provide any kind of feedback before launch.
    So write it here, please. What's your valuable feedback?

So write it here, please. What's your valuable feedback?
    Ah yes, "mock and disregard the customer" has been such a winning strategy for Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    "Its only alpha, they'll fix it."
    "It's only beta, they'll fix it for launch"
    "Its only launch, they'll fix it in the patch"
    "They'll fix it in the next expansion, X company listens!"
    Yep. Every single expansion and every single patch is like this. The Blizzard Defense Force assures us everything will be sweetness and light, and we're wrong and awful people for having concerns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

5+ Year Old Account
    It looks like Medivh was not only ditching in the forest and casting portals. Does he actually have a son with Garona? An Orc? He is also wielding an Atiesh! What if the spirit of Sargeras is cursing with it? Oh my god! What the hell, Medivh? What actually happened to him? Where is he now?
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2022-08-25 at 09:25 PM.

Ah yes, "mock and disregard the customer" has been such a winning strategy for Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. Every single expansion and every single patch is like this. The Blizzard Defense Force assures us everything will be sweetness and light, and we're wrong and awful people for having concerns.
    Three pages here, there is exactly one post that can be considered a feedback. And it's not an OP, by the way. Doesn't seem like forum posters actually want to provide feedback. They certainly love to whine, though.

5+ Year Old Account
    Stop derailing the thread. The topic is about Merithra and Med’an.

not only are they doing this, they are wasting Malfurion on a stupid and out-of-nowhere sacrifice for Ysera cause Blizzard cannot have the night elves do anything without some sort of sacrifice/loss/downside :/

there was potential with Merithra, you could even have it that Ysera finds a way to communicate with her daughter to help guide her into her role as the new flight leader... but nah, let's not bother with that and make it all worse by wasting Malfurion instead of using an important and big character like him for the story of the world tree that is very much relevant to him.
    Last edited by voidox; 2022-08-26 at 10:47 PM.

Med'aned would mean she was just entirely removed from the story and acted like she never existed. Still, at bare minimum they should acknowledge this with a "I held the position in her absence, but gladly stepped back down."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so this needs to be said to death: Malfurion being sacrificed to bring back Ysera was allegedly found via Datamining. Said storyline is not in Alpha as of now so folks should take that with a grain of salt. Period.

Second, Tyrande asks Ysera in Ardenweald post-Jailer if there was a way for her to return to Azeroth and Ysera basically replies "Yeah, but it will be a huge cost". Though she doesn't say what the price would be when Tyrande presses her, it's obvious Ysera is eluding to a sacrifice needing to be made. Ysera seemed cool with staying in the Shadowlands on that note but also knew Tyrande was being emotional in that moment.

Third, Med'an is one mary sue Blizz clearly wished it never made. For those who don't know who he is, Med'an was a character introduced in the third and fourth volumes of the WoW Comics. He is the son of Garona and Medivh, the great-nephew of Maraad and grandson of Aegwynn (she's Medivh's mother for those who don't know). Due to his unique heritage and training Med'an is able to use Shmanism, Arcane Magic AND Divine Power. He is what Aegwynn wanted Medivh to be: A born Guardian of Tirisfal. After dealing with some cultists, Med'an takes up Meryl Felstorm's offer to train under him and is never seen or heard from ever agin.

The intesting thing is while the events involving Med'an ARE canon and referenced in-game, Med'an himself has not been formally introduced in-game or any other medium print and otherwise. Rhegar Earthfury, Valeera Sanguinar and Broll Bearmantle are three characters who were also introduced in the WoW Comics but all three have since made in-game appearances. Med'an, for lack of a better term was retconned entirely from WoW lore. Afrasiabi did say Med'an would be introduced in-game but with a different story at some point. Obviously there's no rush in regards to him now. LOL.

Finally, as a reminder right now there are no Aspects. They sacrificed their powers as Aspects to help take down Deathwing. Their return to the Dragon Isles is to restore their powers as Aspects. Right now the question being asked of the Black and now Green Dragonflights in particular is "Who should be or will be the leader?" IF--and this is a BIG IF--Ysera is brought back from Ardenweald, I could easily see her splitting things with Merithra. Ysera regains her position as leader of the Green Dragonflight but Merithra becomes the new Green Aspect. Or vice versa. The Black Flight currently has the Wrathion and Sabellian squabbling but Ebyssian (Ebonhorn) could be an interesting third option (I don't see Ebonhorn/Ebyssian becoming the new Black Aspect happening personally). The Blue Flight technically disbanded during Cataclysm but the Red and Bronze Flights have had the same leaders since their foundings (Alex and Noz).
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I don't care. People hate this and it's their right to complain about how bad of a narrative decision it is, like the burning of Teldrassil and like the entirety of Shadowlands.
    Again. Your opinion. The Burning of Teldrassil was tragic and that is why it works. You complain about it but if everything happened the way you wanted to then you would complain that it's predictable and boring. The stakes need to be important. The writers need you to know that not everything is safe and set in stone. If I was one of the writers I'd have gone one step further and done something that would be even less popular. And would have had two races of each of the factions switch their allegiance. For instance the Tauren would go Ally and the Dwarves go Horde. You wake one day and your character is no longer the faction you chose. AHAHAHAH that would be amazing.