Cross servers and cities

With more corss servers merged into one place

Why wouldn't blizzard consider actually opening up other cities for players to congregate in, rather than endless shards of Orgrimmar and Stormwind?

1. Expansion city should be the one with a lot of shards as everyone will converge there.

2. But back on Azeroth - why not have all the other cities have AHs and portals and basically designate a faction city as the go to place for a bunch of realms - off course you can set your home city to somewhere else, but this is what it ends up being.

how you ask? Well if your realm's city is now Exodar or Silvermoon, instead of a portal to Orgrimmar/Stormwind, your realms will see a portal to Exodar/Silvermoon - those cities as well as every other will have a portal room, an AH etc.

With the increased number of people from the cross server expansion, why not now make use of these cities as go to places for for realm groups

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Why wouldn't blizzard consider actually opening up other cities for players to congregate in, rather than endless shards of Orgrimmar and Stormwind?
    Because they WANT everyone to be in one place.

It's the precious "social interaction" illusion people like to buy into. The last thing they want is to fragment the world and have people not see other players all the time. They might get ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

It's the precious "social interaction" illusion people like to buy into. The last thing they want is to fragment the world and have people not see other players all the time. They might get ideas.
    This. For some strange people overcrowding >> comfort. Do they expect game to be Japan subway simulator of something like that?

Plus Blizzard don't want to invest resources into reworking other cities to add all infrastructure, like portals to all locations, special NPCs, etc.

I really miss Thunder Bluff though.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I reckon they just give every current city the same as Stormwind and Orgrimmar. It's easily done.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    I reckon they just give every current city the same as Stormwind and Orgrimmar. It's easily done.
    Agreed.

And what they could do every expansion is rotate the faction capital every expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

I mean have you seen the threads here about when people go into a zone and don't see anyone? As soon as people get the vague feeling that there might not be people playing the game, they come make "game is dead" threads for like a month.

Thus to minimize that, blizzard wants to keep players in as few locations as possible so that you always see other people

Agreed.

And what they could do every expansion is rotate the faction capital every expansion.
    I don't think they should do this.

I think they should just let the player choose where they want to spend their time.
    So in my case - I'd stay in Silvermoon and then the Portal Room in the Sunfury Spire would take me to all the places I needed to go.

Plus, it's quite odd that both core elf races (Night Elves and Blood Elves) don't have barbers and transmog shops.

With more corss servers merged into one place

1. Expansion city should be the one with a lot of shards as everyone will converge there.

2. But back on Azeroth - why not have all the other cities have AHs and portals and basically designate a faction city as the go to place for a bunch of realms - off course you can set your home city to somewhere else, but this is what it ends up being.

how you ask? Well if your realm's city is now Exodar or Silvermoon, instead of a portal to Orgrimmar/Stormwind, your realms will see a portal to Exodar/Silvermoon - those cities as well as every other will have a portal room, an AH etc.

With the increased number of people from the cross server expansion, why not now make use of these cities as go to places for for realm groups
    While i am not against the idea Blizzard is presently run by control freaks who cannot stomache the idea that content that predates (or otherwise exceeds) their influence is frequently visited, since that would to their minds mean that this should not just be updated but overanalysed and overdesigned.
    They'd burn themselves out in a week.

Me? I'd love for i.e. Boralus to be visited more frequently, damn shame there is barely a reason to.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    This. For some strange people overcrowding >> comfort. Do they expect game to be Japan subway simulator of something like that?

Plus Blizzard don't want to invest resources into reworking other cities to add all infrastructure, like portals to all locations, special NPCs, etc.

I really miss Thunder Bluff though.
    Where is it overcrowded though? You mean undercrowded is what they go for with the amount of sharding and splitting up the player base.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Arguably with the advent of the ah mount cities are more defined by ease of access and what they link to... players will always migrate to where the latest expansion is or to what is closest to their end game activity.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    While i am not against the idea Blizzard is presently run by control freaks who cannot stomache the idea that content that predates (or otherwise exceeds) their influence is frequently visited, since that would to their minds mean that this should not just be updated but overanalysed and overdesigned.

Me? I'd love for i.e. Boralus to be visited more frequently, damn shame there is barely a reason to.
    or their desires.. maybe they really like Stormwind and Orgrimmar - despite how excellentother cities are - i mean.. we shoudl have got

goblins - Kezan
    Worgen - Gilenas
    Forsaken - revamped Lrodaren looking more like ice crown
    Trolls - Zul'Gurub or Dazar'alor
    Gnomes - Mechagon or at least revamped Gnoemragan
    Whhite elves - Silvermoon
    Purple elves - Suramar
    [or new Nelf capital and a void capital]
    Tauren - Thunderbluff or Highmountain

or their desires.. maybe they really like Stormwind and Orgrimmar - despite how excellentother cities are - i mean.. we shoudl have got

goblins - Kezan
    Worgen - Gilenas
    Purple elves - Suramar
    I... do not see what could possibly cause Lordaeron to look like Icecrown. There are no vast stores of magical metal, no icy winds, no necromantic powers comparable to the lich king and notably they lack anything close to the numbers, variety and mindlesness of the Scourge,and to top it off what good would such a fortress do them? The original ICC is at least in part clearly a ritualistic focus to enhance the powers of the lich king, the forsaken have no comparable use for such a structure.
    Frankly that seems like you let edginess get the best of common sense there.

Anyway, that one just stood out.

But yeah, they'd need to upkeep all that, even if most of those already exist in some form of another.

Also isn't Undermine technically the goblin capital? Or is it still only the Bilgewater cartel that joined the Horde? Then Kezan could fit, though they kinda turned Aszhara into the new Kezan.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

goblins - Kezan
    Worgen - Gilenas
    Purple elves - Suramar

Draenei - shattrath on AU draenor,

I mean it's clear that newer cities are updated versions of the old ones - i don't mind this approach tbf, you just end up with more cities, but at elast the newer versions are realted to existing ones - -- Shattrath/Karabor, Suramar, Boralus, Dazar'alor, Mechagon, - are basically Shattrath TBC, Darnassus, Stormwind, Zul'Gurub and Gnomeragan 2.0 - they should turn these into capitals for their main races if they can't update the old ones.

But they really should update the old ones -- and make them like the new ones-- instances, quest zones ,that later turn into capitals. .but then, the reason Shattrath in WoD onwards are so expansive is because they are planned as instances and raid zones for the expansion - i don't think they'll be that good if they did them all at once in an update -- our bsest hope is if they get remodels during expansiosn and get used as instances/raids and quest zones.

Question to ask, is are they that improtant or valuable?

I think to players they are - you need cities when doing a world/culture based game - look at how people always appreciated the bigger cities from WoD onwards, especially Suramar, boralus and Dazar'alor -

- - - Updated - - -

I... do not see what could possibly cause Lordaeron to look like Icecrown. There are no vast stores of magical metal, no icy winds, no necromantic powers comparable to the lich king and notably they lack anything close to the numbers, variety and mindlesness of the Scourge,and to top it off what good would such a fortress do them? The original ICC is at least in part clearly a ritualistic focus to enhance the powers of the lich king, the forsaken have no comparable use for such a structure.
    Frankly that seems like you let edginess get the best of common sense there.
    I do like the idea of the udnead being

Anyway, that one just stood out.

But yeah, they'd need to upkeep all that, even if most of those already exist in some form of another.

Also isn't Undermine technically the goblin capital? Or is it still only the Bilgewater cartel that joined the Horde? Then Kezan could fit, though they kinda turned Aszhara into the new Kezan.[/QUOTE]

WHo knows.. I think Undermine is like the place all the cartels have a spot.. and it's underground

Kezan city is the Bilge water home

It's not been very clear since the RPG was de-canonised. We have yet ot see Undermine though. So who knows, we might get it in an expansion.

I love the Icecrown/Torghast/Maw architecture - love it, it really only fits one race though, the undead.. would be a shame if they never have it. Lordaeron, I understand their presence there, but I'd like to see it restored and maybe a place where Lightforged undead, normal undead and living human survivors make a new sort of home.
    Last edited by Mace; 2022-08-29 at 05:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Horde

It's an idea to bring up in future discussions for sure.
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?