Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Seems worrying, because 10.0 needs to be a straight up 10/10 for WoW.
    Nah even if 10.0 is the worst launch in history it will still sell millions and wow will still be unmatched king. WoW is just too big of a behemoth to fail and I won't worry at all (even the lowest point of wow is a dream fantasyland for most games)
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2022-09-16 at 09:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    You moved the goalpost to "wod challenge modes", while i talked about challenge modes in general from start. I do not have to follow your line of moved goalposts only because you get low on arguments.
    I moved the goalpost?
    Well, think about it. Challenge modes sucked because they had no gearing progression. Short after the devs made it a main source for gear it became way more popular.
    bro come the fuck on, this is the internet, you bringing it up is right fucking there.

also "I was talking about challenge modes in general!"
    there is 2 challenge modes, mop, and wod, you said when challenge modes became a source of endgame gear they became way more popular
    mop challenge modes had no gear
    wod had lfr level gear

Not my fault you for some reason think M+ is challenge mode.

Got into the beta a couple of weeks ago. I usually test betas for everyday wow life (outdoor content, reps, achieves, collections, alts, "Rescpecting the players time").
    leveling is fast you could say, but in order to unlock world quests (right now) and all the drakes of course, you have to finish every zone. And those are LOOOOONG.
    Right now on the beta mob hps are literally everywhere. Like a blindfolded person was forced to shoot on a darts table and bam, that's the hp of the mobs. It takes way too long to kill single mobs, let alone groups of them. Non-elite, non named, dozen-type of mobs have hp from everywhere between 80k to 200k. There are a LOT of elite mobs sprinkled around.
    Outdoor content is only testable if you start farming rep with the factions. You get 25 reps for leveling quests, and 50-70 for daily type of quests. Some elite quests reward you 150-ish rep. And each renown is 1000 rep, and there's not a whole lot of activity to do that. So go test that. No thank you. This renown thing now seems like a HUGE grind and I am terrified of it.
    I reached the required renown level (I think it's 5?) with the hunting clans mostly from questing, so went to test one of the expansion's great feature: the great hunt. Man it is bad! Fill-a-bar on top of fill-a-bar on top of fill-a-bar. On top of that they are very asshole-y directed. So stage 1 wants you to click on things on the ground. But every clickable thing is guarded by aggressive mobs. You have to clear the area. Stage 2 wants you to "hunt the area", which means: wait for respawn and kill the very same mobs AGAIN. And then stage 3: packs of mobs spawn that you have to kill in order to... to fill the bar. And then fill the bar again. By the end I wanted to slit my wrists. There are hunts in every zone, this is a huge feature, daily activity for people as it seems like.

Collected all the glyphs for dragonriding. Dragonriding is very cool, uas long as you think binary: you want to full stop or travel with lightspeed where the map blurs into a smudge and you can't see anything around you. There's basically no inbetween sustainably. No slow flying, because it doesn't give vigor, so you run out of fuel very soon.

There's a new trend with the quests in dragonflight where you are sent to kill the very same mobs twice in a quest chain. So Stephen the quest giver tells you to kill 6 furry ass bears. You do that and 2-3 other quests at the same time. Stephen then sends you to George, who was not accessible before, so it's not like you could pick up both quests, and George asks you to kill the very same furry ass bears you just did to get to him.

edit: my expectations with new expansions got lower and lower over the years. "Respecting your time!" - right now renown (which drags the whole outdoor content with it) doesn't feel like it does.
    Last edited by Lei; 2022-09-19 at 06:39 PM.

They haven't really advertised anything beside the four leveling zones. Hopefully they will advertise more at some point and time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Got into the beta a couple of weeks ago. I usually test betas for everyday wow life (outdoor content, reps, achieves, collections, alts, "Rescpecting the players time").
    Me too. It's bad thing, that players like us usually get access to Beta way too lately - closer to deadline, when it's already too late to make changes, so our feedback is usually just ignored. I provided lots of feedback during BFA's Beta. Nothing was changed.
    leveling is fast you could say, but in order to unlock world quests (right now) and all the drakes of course, you have to finish every zone. And those are LOOOOONG.
    Yea, SL's leveling is long and boring, but Blizzard have said, DF's one will be even longer. Plus, as I know, it will have the worst thing about SL's leveling again - level gating. It would be excusable, if leveling would be fun. I don't know, if DF's leveling is fun or not. We'll see.
    Right now on the beta mob hps are literally everywhere. Like a blindfolded person was forced to shoot on a darts table and bam, that's the hp of the mobs. It takes way too long to kill single mobs, let alone groups of them. Non-elite, non named, dozen-type of mobs have hp from everywhere between 80k to 200k. There are a LOT of elite mobs sprinkled around.
    Overtuned mobs are common problem. Some mobs are pseudo-elites, that take minute to kill. But does questing give any gear rewards? It was my problem with ZM's PTR - no gear rewards were provided at that time, so mobs were hitting very hard. With proper gear rewards it's much more easier.
    Outdoor content is only testable if you start farming rep with the factions. You get 25 reps for leveling quests, and 50-70 for daily type of quests. Some elite quests reward you 150-ish rep. And each renown is 1000 rep, and there's not a whole lot of activity to do that. So go test that. No thank you. This renown thing now seems like a HUGE grind and I am terrified of it.
    "Infinite" grind again. Nothing new. It's their replacement for borrowed power. If this content won't be made account wide - it won't be for me.
    I reached the required renown level (I think it's 5?) with the hunting clans mostly from questing, so went to test one of the expansion's great feature: the great hunt. Man it is bad! Fill-a-bar on top of fill-a-bar on top of fill-a-bar. On top of that they are very asshole-y directed. So stage 1 wants you to click on things on the ground. But every clickable thing is guarded by aggressive mobs. You have to clear the area. Stage 2 wants you to "hunt the area", which means: wait for respawn and kill the very same mobs AGAIN. And then stage 3: packs of mobs spawn that you have to kill in order to... to fill the bar. And then fill the bar again. By the end I wanted to slit my wrists. There are hunts in every zone, this is a huge feature, daily activity for people as it seems like.
    Badly designed quests are common problem too.
    Collected all the glyphs for dragonriding. Dragonriding is very cool, uas long as you think binary: you want to full stop or travel with lightspeed where the map blurs into a smudge and you can't see anything around you. There's basically no inbetween sustainably. No slow flying, because it doesn't give vigor, so you run out of fuel very soon.
    I think it's by design. They want players to have fast transportation, but they don't want players to "skip obstacles". Just another attempt to remove normal flying.
    There's a new trend with the quests in dragonflight where you are sent to kill the very same mobs twice in a quest chain. So Stephen the quest giver tells you to kill 6 furry ass bears. You do that and 2-3 other quests at the same time. Stephen then sends you to George, who was not accessible before, so it's not like you could pick up both quests, and George asks you to kill the very same furry ass bears you just did to get to him.
    SL has such quests too. Collect horns, then drain anima, etc. All from same mobs. Cheap design.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-09-20 at 08:41 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Was leveling in Legion and BfA as bad as it is in Shadowlands and Dragonflight? I really enjoyed leveling in both previous expansions, maybe due to the lack of level-limitations? Shadowlands questing was just boring and if Dragonflight is close to that, I'm already put off.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Nah even if 10.0 is the worst launch in history it will still sell millions and wow will still be unmatched king. WoW is just too big of a behemoth to fail and I won't worry at all (even the lowest point of wow is a dream fantasyland for most games)
    this is what made me laugh when people first came up with "proof" (a.k.a. guess) that FF overcome wow, and i was like, ok so if the numbers leaning against nothing but guesswork now that wow is in arguably its worst state one game managed to do better? thats a pretty low bat
    when expansion comes out it will probably break the record for fastest selling pc game AGAIN but nah, it have to be perfect otherwise some random fool on forum wont buy it and that will be the end of wow! /s

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Me too. It's bad thing, that players like us usually get access to Beta way too lately - closer to deadline, when it's already too late to make changes, so our feedback is usually just ignored. I provided lots of feedback during BFA's Beta. Nothing was changed.

Yea, SL's leveling is long and boring, but Blizzard have said, DF's one will be even longer. Plus, as I know, it will have the worst thing about SL's leveling again - level gating. It would be excusable, if leveling would be fun. I don't know, if DF's leveling is fun or not. We'll see.

Overtuned mobs are common problem. Some mobs are pseudo-elites, that take minute to kill. But does questing give any gear rewards? It was my problem with ZM's PTR - no gear rewards were provided at that time, so mobs were hitting very hard. With proper gear rewards it's much more easier.

"Infinite" grind again. Nothing new. It's their replacement for borrowed power. If this content won't be made account wide - it won't be for me.

Badly designed quests are common problem too.

I think it's by design. They want players to have fast transportation, but they don't want players to "skip obstacles". Just another attempt to remove normal flying.

SL has such quests too. Collect horns, then drain anima, etc. All from same mobs. Cheap design.

Oh, right, gear is a huge problem. My second leveling char was a copied one from live, in ZM gear (252 + 2x 291 lego). Of course I didn't get any usable gear till level 67-68? I think. And then the gear I got was really sparse. Starter gear coming out from leveling seems to be around ilevel 346-350-353ish, but I still have pieces from ilevel 318 range and I have done ALL quests in every zones that are accessible.

I was about to ask if anyone knows content creators that test specifically outdoor content with number crunching and deep analysis. The famous content creators don't give a fuck about number testing, they merely deliver news. They only test beta to simply "sell the views". Preach was the only one that i know of who tested outdoor content in details but that was a couple of weeks ago.
    Last edited by Lei; 2022-09-20 at 04:02 PM.

Watcher came out in an interview and said they ignored feedback in BfA and I can believe it

Even right now we get feedback ignored but they are now telling us "it's not that we don't hear you we just don't agree." When it comes to something like only two specs in the game not having an interrupt because it doesn't fit their vision

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Was leveling in Legion and BfA as bad as it is in Shadowlands and Dragonflight? I really enjoyed leveling in both previous expansions, maybe due to the lack of level-limitations? Shadowlands questing was just boring and if Dragonflight is close to that, I'm already put off.
    Not in my opinion, no.

I enjoyed leveling in both Legion and BfA. I enjoyed it in Shadowlands the first time I did it because I was still engaging in the story. It being somewhat on rails was a good thing the first time. After that first time though, it was an absolute slog. Whereas in Legion and BfA it didn't feel like that to me.

Shadowlands to me though had issues because it was 5 completely disconnected zones, only tied together from a story standpoint. Legion, BfA and now Dragonflight have connected zones, which makes it better than Shadowlands already.

That said, I haven't played Dragonflight at all so can't comment on the leveling experience, but if it's anything like Legion or BfA I think it will be fine. Shadowlands seems to be the odd one out here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic+ is way more popular than challengemodes.

Imagine thinking M+ isn't the improvement of what was called Challenge Mode lol.
    Challenge Mode was a succes cause they improved with it and is still used today called Mythic+ with adjustments to it.

Also i remember almost EVERYONE getting boosted for the limited edition CM set, so no way it wasnt popular. I'm sure over 50% people had it at that time period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Yes, you still get a salad.

No one said you weren't getting a salad. Just that you aren't getting a steak.
    What content specifically are you equating to a steak though?

Raids? You're still getting them. Quests? You're still getting them. Even a new race/class, you're getting one here.

What are you being screwed out of exactly?

edit: my expectations with new expansions got lower and lower over the years. "Respecting your time!" - right now renown (which drags the whole outdoor content with it) doesn't feel like it does.
    Having been testing since the alpha, and very little of this sounds accurate, rep has been no problem for me, nor do you need to "fully complete every zone" just do the main storyline and you will unlock everything needed, including world quests, even before you hit max level, which does not take "A LONG TIME", collecting treasures, killing rares, doing questlines, and doing world quests give a lot of rep, without farming and without even doing all the world quests i have had no problem hitting 12 renown in all the reps.

i have not once encountered a "kill these mobs... ok now go kill them again" quest. you must be doing something wrong

the hunts are FAR more then "fill the bar" there is elites, collectables, tracks to find, mobs to capture and areas to explore. literally none of the hunts have you "kill the mobs, complete the stage, then wait for them to respawn and kill the exact same mobs again!" THis is an actual lie, as we know how the hunts work, there is a set, and they are the same every time, and none of them do this, so stop making shit up please? I am starting to doubt you even have the beta, and just watched some videos, cause none of the hunts have you "kill 20 bears!" then go "OK KILL ANOTHER 20 OF THE EXACT SAME BEARS!" that is NOT how they work.

if 200k hp enemies is a lot to you when we have easily 100k hp, idk mate. sounds like you need to get good? i was pulling groups of 10-20 mobs and aoeing them down no problem while leveling.

and lastly "renown thing is a massive grind" it is optional, don't want to do it, dont? There is no reason to "grind" it, just get it as you play what you want to play, dont want to grind it, then dont, just do what you enjoy and it will happen passively.

also you dont always need to go to thrill of the skies, nor is the base speed of thrill of the skies "blurringly fast" you can slow down to a straight line for a moment.

- - - Updated - - -

What are you talking about? you can literally skip obstacles, like what are you talking about seriously dude?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-09-20 at 05:22 PM.

I'm completely uninterested in the expansion. More and more I've come to dislike the expansions of WoW in general. Classic vanilla was such a breath of fresh (yes I see the irony) air when we actually used the whole of Azeroth, instead of just a couple of zones.

I think people (and Blizzard) really underestimates how much potential there is in a (vanilla) classic plus experience.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Having been testing since the alpha, and very little of this sounds accurate, rep has been no problem for me, nor do you need to "fully complete every zone" just do the main storyline and you will unlock everything needed, including world quests, even before you hit max level, which does not take "A LONG TIME", collecting treasures, killing rares, doing questlines, and doing world quests give a lot of rep, without farming and without even doing all the world quests i have had no problem hitting 12 renown in all the reps.

i have not once encountered a "kill these mobs... ok now go kill them again" quest. you must be doing something wrong

the hunts are FAR more then "fill the bar" there is elites, collectables, tracks to find, mobs to capture and areas to explore. literally none of the hunts have you "kill the mobs, complete the stage, then wait for them to respawn and kill the exact same mobs again!" THis is an actual lie, as we know how the hunts work, there is a set, and they are the same every time, and none of them do this, so stop making shit up please? I am starting to doubt you even have the beta, and just watched some videos, cause none of the hunts have you "kill 20 bears!" then go "OK KILL ANOTHER 20 OF THE EXACT SAME BEARS!" that is NOT how they work.

if 200k hp enemies is a lot to you when we have easily 100k hp, idk mate. sounds like you need to get good? i was pulling groups of 10-20 mobs and aoeing them down no problem while leveling.

and lastly "renown thing is a massive grind" it is optional, don't want to do it, dont? There is no reason to "grind" it, just get it as you play what you want to play, dont want to grind it, then dont, just do what you enjoy and it will happen passively.

also you dont always need to go to thrill of the skies, nor is the base speed of thrill of the skies "blurringly fast" you can slow down to a straight line for a moment.

- - - Updated - - -

What are you talking about? you can literally skip obstacles, like what are you talking about seriously dude?
    You are on my ignore list for a good reason. Your reading comprehension gets worse and worse as you read more critics about the game.
    None if which I said is a lie.
    Hunts are the same in each zone:
    Stage 1: click/interact with things in a small area. In Thaldraszuz yesterday it was sheeps, in the middle of elites and otherwise aggressive mobs, but there were turtle shells to click on in Ohn'ara plains as well. This is usually a count quest aka click 12 turtle shells
    Stage 2: "Hunt the area" aka kill mobs in the small zone: turtles, otters, beavers. This is a fill the bar quest. Since you HAD to kill the agressive mobs to click the turtle shells/sheeps you have to wait for respawn and kill them again. As well as neutral mobs, depends on the actual area.
    Stage 3: Sometimes this is when the fill-the-bar quest wants you to kill spawned mobs, sometimes all of them are elites with 800k hp each, sometimes only one of them.
    Stage 4: Either some more fill the bar step ("Hunt the area") or this is where a "main boss" comes with 3-4 mill hp which you can't solo.
    Stage 5: if no boss was at stage 4, then this is where the boss comes.
    I was on ONE hunt where after 3 fill-a-bar quest I had to follow tracks of a named mob but it was bugged so couldn't finish it.
    I don't fucking care about collectibles because at renown 5 or whatever this is your content you worked for and this is the content they want you to farm to get more of this very same shit content, and there are MANY of them up at one time. The companion for hunts comes later that you can customize. This doesn't change the fact that hunts are fucking boring and 95% of them the same fill-the-bar type of shit wherever you go to hunt.
    The ONE thing that makes it not entirely shit is that now as it looks like it is not personal. So you can essentially slack and let others to fill the bar for you or contribute very little. I wonder who will farm these idiotic hunts tho after 2-3 weeks when they realize what they are.

You get your last drake at the end of Thaldrasuz, that is when world quests unlock. At least I couldn't see world quests before I finished my last drake. I reached level 70 waaaaaay before that and was wondering where the WQs were.

"also you dont always need to go to thrill of the skies, nor is the base speed of thrill of the skies "blurringly fast" you can slow down to a straight line for a moment."
    When you use your drake to search for things and to actually try to explore, you want to go slow. I am working on achieves on the beta and have to find many named mobs. It's not like you could go with full speed. You simply can not go really far with non thrill. you have to constantly be at high speed to maintain vigor. I don't even want to hover. I just wanted to go slower to be able to find mobs. Right now it is not sustainable.

200k enemies are a lot because they take a lot of time to kill them, not necessarily because they kill me. Again, reading comprehension: the point was that hps are all over the place. I see mobs with 80-90 k hp, and then with 200k. My ilevel is 355 and I have 141k hp. Telling someone to "get gud" on the beta where some classes don't even have functioning talents is just about what I expect from a shill.
    Between the two of us it is not my habit to lie about the game. You are on ignore for a very good reason.

Thaldraszus has one hunt active now, but it's bugged at stage one, there's no Swarming Dismay Fly at the target area. Anyways, stage one of the hunt is here. Starts with a good ol fill-a-bar.

Flew to another hunt, seems like all of them are bugged for me atm, this is stage one, aka "interact with things on the ground". You have to rescue baby otters or whatever, all of them are surrounded by aggressive mobs that you have to kill. Stage 2 is going to be kill these very mobs AGAIN, fill-the-bar style.
    Last edited by Lei; 2022-09-21 at 12:06 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    I'm completely uninterested in the expansion. More and more I've come to dislike the expansions of WoW in general. Classic vanilla was such a breath of fresh (yes I see the irony) air when we actually used the whole of Azeroth, instead of just a couple of zones.

I think people (and Blizzard) really underestimates how much potential there is in a (vanilla) classic plus experience.
    playing classic (and TBC/soon WotLK) paints such a stark contrast to retail that not only has it not been the same game for a long time now, it has also abandoned most of the things that made the game so incredibly good in the first place. It's sad, but all good things come to an end.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    playing classic (and TBC/soon WotLK) paints such a stark contrast to retail that not only has it not been the same game for a long time now, it has also abandoned most of the things that made the game so incredibly good in the first place. It's sad, but all good things come to an end.
    That's kind of the point in classic, right? People who like the old, slower game can have something to play forever, while everyone else gets a modern updated experience. Actually a super genius way to monetize different parts of their audience!

In general I like many of the things that are happening for this expansion: The Crafting, The Talent trees and such.

Buuuut... I am also worried. In many parts I see the same stubborness that reigned supreme in SLs and created some of the most annoying systems there. For example that some of the Talent trees are constantly reworked in response to feedback, while with others people get told that their feedback is wrong and everything will stay as it is, with reasons behind it that are beyond foolish and show a conplete lack of understanding of endgame gameplay.

Then I see the new dungeon system that will have only 4 new dungeons and the rest from old stuff. I for one have no desire to play old dungeons again. I want new content and frankly, Blizzard had so much extra time because of delays and the scrapping of an entire patch, that there should be more new content, not less. On top of that... we have seen in this patch how terrible some of the dungeons are optimized for M+ with some affixes and I do not see this changing in DF.

It all smacks of either lazyness or a severe lack of Devs working on the expansion. Of course we have no numbers, but with all the people that quit lately I am not sure what they have left. The fact that there is no special activity like Torghast, Islands and so forth and still there will be just 4 new dungeons does not shine a good light on the expansion.
    Sure the areas might be bigger with more quests, but a one-time quest won't keep me logging in to play, pretty much by definition.

The point that will make and break it all is however the content cycle. SLs had some of the most atrocious content draught in the history of the game, with 7-8 month of nothing happening and now we basically had a patch that didn't even bring any new content just old stuff reheated to keep people subbed.

If Blizzard keeps that up in DF, then I will unsub and I suspect most of my guild will too. There is just no way we can keep ourselves busy with those 4 new dungeons and 1 Raid for 8 month and I cannot justify paying a sub for that.

It is quite worrying that this rehashing of old content is happening now. That was how the decline started in SWTOR too. First there is lesser new content and old content is rehashed to fill the gap, then the ratio of new content goes down and down and down until all you get is old content and empty promises that there will soon be new stuff.
    I allowed EA and Bioware to steal my money for years with that system, hoping against hope that their promises weren't lies. I am not going to do the same with Blizzard. I give them the benefit of the doubt for DF until I see the release date for the .1 patch. If it is 8 or more month after release then I am out.

Good thing renown is account wide and only matters to casuals who care about boring and pointless outdoor content.

It is meant ti be slow cause it is meant for people who play casual and never raid, dungeon or pvp. It is meant for bads.

No player power is tied to renown/reps so if yoy raid or do any end game. You will have no reason to do it.

Again they are catered to bads or casuals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Endgame looks really great actually as well as Dragonriding.

That being said though: Leveling is garbage, like holy shit, I cannot believe that they've made it even worse than the leveling was in Shadowlands. It's boring, it's slow and yet so braindead.
    Slow? Leveling on DF is faster than it has ever been. Literally took me 4hrs to get to 70 in 1 sitting before I logged off and went to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Slow? Leveling on DF is faster than it has ever been. Literally took me 4hrs to get to 70 in 1 sitting before I logged off and went to bed.
    Do you maybe have something to show about this, because currently it's as slow as SL leveling. I've seen some speedrun do it in 6 hours, but they managed to do it this "fast" in SL too.