View Poll Results: Will you play the new wannabe dragons?

Voters
319. This poll is closed
  • Yes

182 57.05%
  • No

137 42.95%
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    Sadly no. I won't even try them. And it's not even because I don't like furry or scalies. I have two problems with them :

1/ When I think of dragon, I think of might, power and size. Those weirdos looks nothing like that. They're small, thin, goofy. I've tried every customization possible to make them look menacing and I failed.
    How exactly are they small? They’re among the larger playable races. They’re small in comparison to building size dragons, but they’re not small in comparison to the playable races.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    How exactly are they small? They’re among the larger playable races. They’re small in comparison to building size dragons, but they’re not small in comparison to the playable races.
    The fact they're thin just makes them look small compared to a tauren.

If you hate dracthyr, then I have good news.

They aren't tanks, so you never have to heal one ;]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Because god forbid people get models they actually enjoy. Who are you to decide what people are allowed to like?
    I want them to add a body option that lets us play Tribal Hunter in WoW.
    Or are you going to try and decide what people are allowed to like?
    Cause god forbid people get models they actually enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    The fact they're thin just makes them look small compared to a tauren.
    So your argument here is that they're "smaller" than the largest playable race in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Nope, ask for what you want bro idc.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So your argument here is that they're "smaller" than the largest playable race in the game?
    No. My argument is that their lack of thickness makes them look small. The fact they look small doesn't mean they are small. But they give that impression.

I think the biggest thing that kills me is the weird belief that the Dractyr look the way they do because the Furry Market is SUCH A HUGE DEMOGRAPHIC that they have to not only capitalize on said furry market but make something on the furry market front and fucking center of their MMO cause yes

last I checked actual furry games aren't triple A blockbusters

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Huh? Thats REALLY creepy dude. I can judge the aesthetics of something without sexualising it. I bought some new light fittings yesturday, and not once did i say "i do like that one, but that other one is way sexier, so lets get that". I can say the casting of an actor was a poor decision without saying "tom cruise isnt sexy enough to be Reacher". And i can prefer certain races in a game without once, EVER, thinking about it sexually. This is some seriously creepy thinking dude, especially when you say the sexual appeal of a race is important, then admit you play undead.................

And I said DF doesnt appeal to me, not once did i say WOW doesnt appeal to me. Maybe you should look into Classic.
    I do play classic but we are looking at the same thing as the worgen. The npc models were scarier and bulkier than the player ones. That happened so long ago. Why might you not play the game now? So they did it again? So what? Don't play them? I am confused as how this hurts your gameplay experience. You say you are not the target market, fine but your evidence is new races. Are they removing old ones? Are draca stealing pixels from dwarves?

Quote Originally Posted by mcnally86 View Post
    I do play classic but we are looking at the same thing as the worgen. The npc models were scarier and bulkier than the player ones. That happened so long ago. Why might you not play the game now? So they did it again? So what? Don't play them? I am confused as how this hurts your gameplay experience. You say you are not the target market, fine but your evidence is new races. Are they removing old ones? Are draca stealing pixels from dwarves?
    No, my evidence is not new races, i never said that. I quite like some of the new races, and play quite a few of them. I think there is a serious reading comprehension issue here, because i never said "i dont play wow anymore because of the new races". What you are doing is called a strawman - you are arguing against an argument i never made.

I dont play anymore because the overall design of the entire game, including the core game play loop which i mentioned specifically, and the class design. I didn't mention class design because for all i know the classes play great in DF. But not once did i specify that i quit wow because of the new races, this is something you entirely fabricated. A few of the races dont appeal to me, but i consider that to be a symptom, not the disease. It would honestly be VERY hard to say any of the last 3 expansions bare any similarity in theme, setting, and overall style to, say, Wrath. I mention wrath specifically because of wrath classics recent launch, so many are experiencing it again, or maybe for the first time.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2022-10-01 at 04:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually won't because I don't care about new classes or races, whatever they would be. I'm just voting yes to piss of OP who seems to be crying about something not being masculine enough. Because that's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    I actually won't because I don't care about new classes or races, whatever they would be. I'm just voting yes to piss of OP who seems to be crying about something not being masculine enough. Because that's cool.
    Famelic means famished or starved. Stupid poll regardless.

Had zero interest in playing one anyways not really because of looks but they just look boring. Will probably level one down the road though to try it out fast seeing how easy and fast it is to level these days.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2022-10-01 at 05:21 AM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Their appearance alone is a deterrent to ever wanting to play again. They look like Furry Suits brought to life. I always try every class, but Evoker being locked to the Furry Suits is a big no. Def sticking to FFXIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I think the biggest thing that kills me is the weird belief that the Dractyr look the way they do because the Furry Market is SUCH A HUGE DEMOGRAPHIC that they have to not only capitalize on said furry market but make something on the furry market front and fucking center of their MMO cause yes

last I checked actual furry games aren't triple A blockbusters
    To be honest, I'd be more convinced that Blizz was catering to the scaly crowd if Dracthyr did have bulky muscles and/or heaving breasts.
    confirmed by my uncle nitnendo and masahiro samurai

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Kick Dracthyr pretenders from your raids. Real Drakonoids or bust!

One should note that none of those guys have wings, whereas Dracthyr do have functional wings. Flight demands lightness, hence a generally slight build.

Though still, looking at wowhead's dressing room, they seem to look reasonably stacked to me if you use the #4 body.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Nope, ask for what you want bro idc.
    That's the point i was making,...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Their appearance alone is a deterrent to ever wanting to play again. They look like Furry Suits brought to life. I always try every class, but Evoker being locked to the Furry Suits is a big no. Def sticking to FFXIV.
    ???
    Because we all know this is somehow LESS furry then the dragon?

Also I fucking love how this thread is
    "I hate this, it is so skiny and malnourished and weak looking, its furry bait, you know what would fix that? making it more muscular, making it more muscle toned and strong.."

Like bros just admit it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    On a serious note, I might create one, if only to check out the starting zone. Won't play him past level 10.
    Like the fact people say this makes me feel like people spent 2 seconds looking at the original announcement picture and have done literally zero research since, and havent even seen the actual customization options.
    they start at level 58...
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-10-01 at 06:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they look ridiculous. I'll probably get a mod that changes their models into something else because I don't wanna see them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Famelic means famished or starved. Stupid poll regardless.
    Oh? My bad, didn't know such a word existed. Well, my vote still stands for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Sort of helps, could you provide the real world reference for dragons so that this comparison works?

Oh wait, it's lizards, which I've already gone over.

(Also the post you're replying to isn't really directed at whether or not the option to be thick SHOULD happen, just that some posters reasons for why are absurd)

- - - Updated - - -

I think this is far better criticism for why one might not like direction the Dracthyr took, thank you for articulating this. The whole "my sexuality takes direct damage if my character isn't muscle daddy/I don't like things that remind me of women" takes are getting painful and frankly damaging to attempts to persuade Blizz into giving us greater customization options for Dracthyr.
    Why would I provide real life dragon examples when it's WoW we are talking about and how they were designed in the universe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    One should note that none of those guys have wings, whereas Dracthyr do have functional wings. Flight demands lightness, hence a generally slight build.

Though still, looking at wowhead's dressing room, they seem to look reasonably stacked to me if you use the #4 body.
    Flight demands lightness? Not in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the point i was making,...

- - - Updated - - -

???
    Because we all know this is somehow LESS furry then the dragon?

Also I fucking love how this thread is
    "I hate this, it is so skiny and malnourished and weak looking, its furry bait, you know what would fix that? making it more muscular, making it more muscle toned and strong.."

Like bros just admit it.

- - - Updated - - -

Like the fact people say this makes me feel like people spent 2 seconds looking at the original announcement picture and have done literally zero research since, and havent even seen the actual customization options.
    they start at level 58...
    Yeah making it muscular would be great. It also should have access to draconic heads instead of whatever this is.