Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It exactly does that due to its nature of increasing the proc chance for Essence Bursts.
    Essence burst requires you use abilities OTHER then disintegrate though...
    Also depending on your talents you either use pyre or disintegrate.
    Also how is this an "afterthought not finished class" when like that is fucking literally how countless other specs that have been in the game since launch work.

Destruction warlocks spam out tons of chaos bolts...
    ZzZzZzZzZz...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Honestly, I really don't understand all the over the top complaining about Evokers and Dragonflight in general. The sentiment that the game is "too colorful and happy" and "not grim and edgy enough" seems to be a popular one with the whiners, but like... not everything has to be grimdark edgelord 9000 at all times. We've had that for the past several expansions. It's boring and played out at this point, and it's about time for some hope for Azeroth, imo.

Also, I'm really, really enjoying my Evoker, and she'll be my new main for the foreseeable future! I haven't enjoyed a class like this in a while, and I'm stoked to be playing a dragon race, something I've dearly wanted ever since I started playing back in early BC.

If you don't enjoy the class, or think the dracthyr are ugly, or whatever the case may be - that's a totally valid opinion! You're allowed to dislike things. But it's really not cash money of you to piss and moan about it to the extent that you are, tbh. Just let people enjoy what they enjoy, and you go enjoy the things YOU enjoy too. It's really that simple.

I'm pretty sure after the first months the class will rival Monks for least played.
    That's more likely to happen because people are more connected to the classes they've played for a long time (and why it would be better to add specs to those classes).

But Evoker is currently on top tier lists for m+ as healer and dps, so barring some significant nerfs there will be a ton of them around.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Essence burst requires you use abilities OTHER then disintegrate though...
    Also depending on your talents you either use pyre or disintegrate.
    Also how is this an "afterthought not finished class" when like that is fucking literally how countless other specs that have been in the game since launch work.

Destruction warlocks spam out tons of chaos bolts...
    ZzZzZzZzZz...
    Essence Burst forces you to use it on either Disintegrate or Pyre so you don't waste stacks. Dragonrage is increasing the chance for that to happen, e.g. besides CD spamming and getting the procs your focus is to Disintegrate as much as possible during that time (without letting FB DoT fall off). Obviously you use either Disintegrate or Pyre, depending on the situation, but that doesn't change my argument about non-stop spamming one skill in a lot of situations. People might like that, it's just not very engaging. Devoker rotation has like 3 skills plus two shorter and two longer CDs - that's not much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    But Evoker is currently on top tier lists for m+ as healer and dps, so barring some significant nerfs there will be a ton of them around.
    Tier lists right now are pretty much worthless though. When they are top tier after DF launch, we can talk about this - and if they are overperforming for more than a few weeks, their popularity might be stable. If.

(My complaints mostly focus on Devastation, as I said)
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-11-22 at 12:59 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Spirit Bloom should have been kept as a single target healing empower instead of being another group healing tool like Dream Breath. The same goes for Eternity Surge. No idea why they felt the need to make all four Empower skills tools for AoE. I understand that it's meant for "spread" AoE damage and healing, but the lack of a simple ST empower is noticeable, for Preservation more than for Devastation.
    But they have ST empower heal, it's called Spirit Bloom 1. Spirit Bloom 1 heals for 13k on a 266 Evoker, vs 8k Healing Wave / 6k Healing Surge on a on a 272 Resto Shaman. God you're really slow in understanding how this class works.

Well that's just a fundamentally mismatched comparison as Spirit Bloom and Healing Wave/ Surge are not the same use case, though I don't think a single target empower is needed.

Healing Wave is comparable to Living Flame. Exact numbers don't have to match up as that's not how class balance works.

I have not tested it, but you are the first person I have seen saying this
    even the ones that have tested it and dont like say "it's fun, but it's not my style".

Quote Originally Posted by Healerme View Post
    Well that's just a fundamentally mismatched comparison as Spirit Bloom and Healing Wave/ Surge are not the same use case, though I don't think a single target empower is needed.

Healing Wave is comparable to Living Flame. Exact numbers don't have to match up as that's not how class balance works.
    That's not the point. The point is that Spirit Bloom 1 is a very strong single target heal, period. What Nyel can't wrap his head around is the idea that Empower spells are multi purpose spells, not "channels that get worse if you channel less". If you cover AoE heals with Dream Breath, you can use SB1 as a super quick emergency ST heal. There's no rule saying you have to wait for 3/4 people to get injured before you use it. Healing is NOT DPSing, you can't heal damage that's not there, so if you're comfortable with other spells covering group damage, you can use SB as a single target heal. So yes, Evoker HAS a ST empower heal - SB1 heals only 1 target.
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2022-11-22 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Off-topic: I want now want glyphs to customise frost magic to resemble Elsa's.

Ice-wall-castle anyone?
    Yes./10char

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Millennial View Post
    Yes./10char
    Can't wait to let go of this cast
    Not a foe-oe to be seen
    A kingdom of isolation
    And it looks like i'm the queen

My team is howling like this swirling storm outside
    Couldn't keep them in, heaven knows we've tried
    Don't let them leave, don't let them flee
    Be the good mage you always have to be
    Countrtspell, don't keel, don't let them know
    Well, now they know

I've let them go, let them go
    Can't hold them back anymore
    Let them go, let them go
    Frost nova's off the bars
    I don't care what they're going to say
    Let the sheep rage on
    The salt never bothered me anyway

Okay yeah i suck at lyrics, do better than me pls.
    (was thinking about a panicky really bad frostmage defending the wsg flag room)
    Last edited by loras; 2022-11-22 at 02:39 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played through the starting scenario the other day. Wasn't a big fan either. They look ridiculous and their playstyle felt super boring.

Tier lists right now are pretty much worthless though. When they are top tier after DF launch, we can talk about this - and if they are overperforming for more than a few weeks, their popularity might be stable. If.

(My complaints mostly focus on Devastation, as I said)
    Sure, tuning could change everything, but they have a pretty insane dungeon kit unless their mastery ends up making them pull threat and die constantly (very possible)
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Sure, tuning could change everything, but they have a pretty insane dungeon kit unless their mastery ends up making them pull threat and die constantly (very possible)
    EDIT: Sorry, that was about Prevoker, not Devoker.

Tuning shouldn't change much in case of Prevoker's DPS viability, because that viability is hidden, most of all, in it's damage profile. Fire Breath/Deep Breath being baseline skills (plus Leaping Flames synergy) means that Prevoker has a powerful opening kit for most big pulls, and it does most of its damage immediatelly, before there's any need to heal. Even if some of those skills get nerfed (which is difficult without making them useless outside of that DPS window), it will still be able to deal most of its damage easily, easier than most other healers. That plus its valuable M+ tookit (knockback, knockup, stun on Deep Breath, CC booster in Oppresing Roar, enrage dispell, very powerful group CD in Zephyr amongst others), plus its ability to top up party quickly, will make it super desirable for keys. Even more so in organized groups which will easily work around its weaknesses, like the limited range.
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2022-11-22 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    EDIT: Sorry, that was about Prevoker, not Devoker.

Tuning shouldn't change much in case of Evoker's DPS viability, because that viability is hidden, most of all, in it's damage profile. Fire Breath/Deep Breath being baseline skills (plus Leaping Flames synergy) means that Prevoker has a powerful opening kit for most big pulls, and it does most of its damage immediatelly, before there's any need to heal. Even if some of those skills get nerfed (which is difficult without making them useless outside of that DPS window), it will still be able to deal most of its damage easily, easier than most other healers. That plus its valuable M+ tookit (knockback, knockup, stun on Deep Breath, CC booster in Oppresing Roar, enrage dispell, very powerful group CD in Zephyr amongst others), plus its ability to top up party quickly, will make it super desirable for keys. Even more so in organized groups which will easily work around its weaknesses, like the limited range.
    Yeah I mean that was basically my whole point There's no way this class won't be crazy in dungeons

Yeah I mean that was basically my whole point There's no way this class won't be crazy in dungeons
    It should be, and it's so obvious from the design - many abilities are tailored for a 5 man party. But there's always an option they nerf it soooo bad even the utility won't help (Which is doubtful, even more so in its first expansion.)

This class finally has gotten me to like healing again, I'm having a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Played through the starting scenario the other day. Wasn't a big fan either. They look ridiculous and their playstyle felt super boring.
    To be fair, you're missing all of the talents right there.

But to be fairer, talents don't change much. The gameplay loop is pretty much exactly the same, but gets two more CD skills added.

The worst for Devoker is basically the bottom part of the talent tree. There's nothing exciting there which is the biggest problem when it comes to its gameplay. Most specs get something fresh and exciting as bottom talents, Devoker gets nothing in that regard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kailith View Post
    This class finally has gotten me to like healing again, I'm having a blast.
    Yep, Preservation is pretty great. And the best part is build diversity. Dream Breath build, Stasis build, Time Anomaly build, Emerald Blossom build etc.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-11-22 at 07:00 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

What a bunch of useless word salad, OP.

To be fair, you're missing all of the talents right there.

But to be fairer, talents don't change much. The gameplay loop is pretty much exactly the same, but gets two more CD skills added.

The worst for Devoker is basically the bottom part of the talent tree. There's nothing exciting there which is the biggest problem when it comes to its gameplay. Most specs get something fresh and exciting as bottom talents, Devoker gets nothing in that regard.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, Preservation is pretty great. And the best part is build diversity. Dream Breath build, Stasis build, Time Anomaly build, Emerald Blossom build etc.
    I’ve also found Devastation to be a bit boring, rotation wise, but I’ve only done 1 due from and then the pre patch event.

My hope is that the additional talent points will at least make decisions between skills more interesting. Right now it seems like you either go buff deep breath route or buff disintegrate route. The two capstones are mutually exclusive until we have more points.

Hitting both capstones won’t add abilities, but it may make the rotation more interesting.

Could someone summarize for me how this thread got this far if all I did was say dracthyr has zero mobility??
    p.s: BUT later (advised by many) I put all possible points to optimize HOVER and mobility was ok... as I said in the update.

Oh, I also said that the range of skills is very short (only 25 yards) and that the reptilian spells bring all the colors of the rainbow... and I find it quite strange. I seem to wear the LGBT pride TOY every time I go into combat....