Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Almost like its failures had nothing to do with its theme, and moreso the actual content (or lack thereof)
    The theme wasn't that good either, at least not for how long it lasted. Having literally nothing but orcs everywhere all the time got old very quickly. I got so fed up with orcs in WoD that I would've gladly taken a Troll raid, if only to get a break from the overload of orcs.

Also...time-travel into an AU with to kill a bunch NPCs who will never matter because they're already dead in our timeline and only 1 of them actually comes back with us.

My point being, WoD had a lot more problems than just its lack of content. If you start with orcs, fill it with orcs, and end it with orcs, you have too many damn orcs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

[QUOTE=Val the Moofia Boss;53972214]Looks like degenerate tumblr furry stuff. Not the prestigious cinematics of awesome Orcs and dignified men that Warcraft was about.

- - - Updated - - -

Well said, this is the part i couldnt put my finger on but makes me feel cringe about this.. too many furry fetish races, wheres the gnarly ones like orges and stuff

3+ Year Old Account
    I think it boils down to a combination of legitimate criticisms, people mindlessly parroting said criticisms and pretending they're their own, and the fact that Blizzard, in its current state, is "hip" to hate on. Kinda similar in a way to Game Freak, or even Bioware in the mid-2010s.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    The theme wasn't that good either, at least not for how long it lasted. Having literally nothing but orcs everywhere all the time got old very quickly. I got so fed up with orcs in WoD that I would've gladly taken a Troll raid, if only to get a break from the overload of orcs.

Also...time-travel into an AU with to kill a bunch NPCs who will never matter because they're already dead in our timeline and only 1 of them actually comes back with us.

My point being, WoD had a lot more problems than just its lack of content. If you start with orcs, fill it with orcs, and end it with orcs, you have too many damn orcs.
    The theme was great for the general audiences, people were extremely hyped for it. A vocal minority complaining about orcs is nothing compared to the hype machine WoD had.
    Had it delivered on content, not butchered questlines like Gorgrond AND released the Garrisons in a better state, WoD would have been fondly remembered.
    Hell, people are already starting to think of it fondly due to its strengths, like the aesthetics, zones, music, questing, raids e.t.c.

the dragonlands cinematic just isn't good. i didn't even think it was a wow cinematic for the first half.

stone man is like zappy, looks nice but ultimately irrelevant. nothing to indicate to me hes any different form any of the previous titan servants weve seen a million off. nothing to indicate why i should care about going to the dragonlands other than nostalgia, which anyone who started post cataclysm won't have. no indication of a bad guy or problem to solve. it's not even like in pandaland where we at least had "beat the other faction to the goodies" at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    the dragonlands cinematic just isn't good. i didn't even think it was a wow cinematic for the first half.

stone man is like zappy, looks nice but ultimately irrelevant. nothing to indicate to me hes any different form any of the previous titan servants weve seen a million off. nothing to indicate why i should care about going to the dragonlands other than nostalgia, which anyone who started post cataclysm won't have. no indication of a bad guy or problem to solve. it's not even like in pandaland where we at least had "beat the other faction to the goodies" at the start.
    The whole concept of the dragonlands is flawed to me. Aren't most of the aspects dead and the rest lost their powers in Cata? How are there dragons again? Its because they are pulling a dragon ball z and bringing back people/retconning lore from the dead like in WoD and SL. This is what sells expansions.
    Except people aren't falling for it this time. There are no stakes in this story. The players have saved the world countless times and have literally killed Satan and God. Not to mention all of the time traveling. Then it all is forgotten the next episode like an episode of family guy.

Anyone who is actually invested in the story, could you tell me what you like about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    Like im wondering why DF videos got so many dislikes,i see nothing wrong with the upcoming expansion.Just curious what the f... is wrong with people being obsessed on hating wow non stop? unsub and leave,why is it that hard ? im not blizzard fanboy,but i cant stand this community,i swear to god.

Blizzard definately did lots of bad stuff in the past and i get it,but some of the community folks are the worst psychos ive ever seen,ex girlfriend syndrome.
    Mostly because we've been burned enough times with "cool" expansion concepts only for them to turn into total dogshit on release? Have you been living under a rock the last few years or something? Still a sizeable amount of people pissed with them for their NUMEROUS HR problems, and an even greater amount pissed at them for back to back flop expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    They fucked up 3 of the last 4 expansion and had tons of scandals that have not been solved. Many people see major flaws in the new expansion, because there is "nothing to do" outside of raiding and m+.
    In general, the players have been burned one time too often, so now everything Blizzard does gets negative feedback.
    Classic - outside of raids nothing to do, not even dailys
    TBC - outside of raids, heroics that gave no upgrades but badges, and dailys
    Wrath - Heroics Raids and dailys - not much to do
    Cata - the same
    MOP - the same, but scenarios was a thing - Challenge modes
    WOD - garrison shit, repetitive but limited like dailys, Challenge modes where a thing
    Legion - M+, outside of raids world quests
    BFA - please god no dont remind me that expansion, Isle Expeditions
    Shadowlands - F All to do outside of M+ and Raids
    Dragonflight - M+, raids, heroics, Zone Events, Dragonriding, new Profession changes add a lot outside of raid to do as well.

in my eyes, dont knock it until youve actually played it,

but most expansions have offered little to do outside of raids and dungeons, unless you pvp.
    not like the formula is new.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    The theme was great for the general audiences, people were extremely hyped for it. .
    Lol

I get you like orcs but that's basically a slim segment of meathead players. They are not a high played race and never have been.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

People like or dislike whatever they want. It's none of your business. Why are people like you always looking for a "yes" bubble? Do you need approval to play or enjoy a game?

I completely understand people having grievances given past experiences and it's far too early to be calling DF a winner. After all the burns it would be insane to not be cautious.

I still remember the thread made by some guy 2 weeks into SL saying how great the expansion was and i told him the same thing i'm telling you now. Launch is not when you find out if an expansion is good. It's a month or two in.

Either way, don't expect people to be giving an easy 4th, 5th, etc chances to WoW. The way back to earning customer trust is a long one and it will take years to achieve.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-11-22 at 04:27 AM.

Maybe alot of people just don't like it? Not sure which videos you were seeing exactly, but the shorts were so-so at best imho. They were mostly rehashing existing lore with very little new in it and the one thing relevant essentially already ended the dragthyr story before it even had time to properly begin. The opening cinematic was trying really hard to sell you a feeling that many people burned in recent years are probably just not feeling. The Kadghar/Kalec one was just ... urgh, it had good parts but also a few bad ones. What they did to my poor man Kalec is a crime. I'm also sure I'm not alone in thinking that Razatoots looks kinda pitiful as our first major BBEG of the expansion as well.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by liyroot View Post
    The whole concept of the dragonlands is flawed to me. Aren't most of the aspects dead and the rest lost their powers in Cata? How are there dragons again? Its because they are pulling a dragon ball z and bringing back people/retconning lore from the dead like in WoD and SL. This is what sells expansions.
    Except people aren't falling for it this time. There are no stakes in this story. The players have saved the world countless times and have literally killed Satan and God. Not to mention all of the time traveling. Then it all is forgotten the next episode like an episode of family guy.

Anyone who is actually invested in the story, could you tell me what you like about it?
    How are you stating something that's so far removed from the truth and then asking what people like?

Like, yes, some aspects died. But where are you getting "How are there dragons?!"? Like, they didn't just stop existing suddenly. And outside of one potential beta datamining, there is no "bringing people back from the dead" or retconning lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I don't like Bellular at all, but why ban him? It's not his fault people are stupid and click on obvious clickbait. They literally pay for his life. That said, "influencers" in general really aren't in charge, they follow what opinion's popular for the most part.
    I disagree on that. Asmongold moved so many people from WoW to FF - that the management at Blizzard had to take him serious. This is the new marketing type. Buisness models are created everyday around this concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I'm just waiting for his data-driven analysis of how dead WoW is 6 months after release because he skimmed some random API tracking some random ass achievement and has concluded that he has 100% accurate data on the exact number of people playing WoW. (Hint: It's lower than you'd expect and the reason is because Blizzard failed to listen to feedback!)
    And then we have the viewers - they watch him just to get confirmed(confirmation bias). They have a need to be told, that WoW is dead and Blizzard is horrible and that they took all thier savings.

There is no logic or facts in the presentation, it just feels like fake news. That bothers me deeply.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-11-22 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    How are you stating something that's so far removed from the truth and then asking what people like?

Like, yes, some aspects died. But where are you getting "How are there dragons?!"? Like, they didn't just stop existing suddenly. And outside of one potential beta datamining, there is no "bringing people back from the dead" or retconning lore.
    The whole point of cata was that the aspects gave up their power and wouldn't be the protectors of the world anymore. Then blizz brought back

Everyone from WarCraft 1-2 in WoD
    Illidan in Legion
    Prob some people in BoA. I didn't play it.
    Every single person that has ever died (mainly the LK) in SL.
    Now the dragons are some how going to be a part of the story again even though they should have no powers. Someone from the original game will be resurrected to sell the fans.

The story puts it that the player character is God at this point. You have literally killed Satan and returned from the dead. Now, if the story said that I'm God and alextrasa is a little ant compared to me now, id be interested cause that means something has changed. The plot is developing. But that's not the case.
    I haven't read one thing about the plot of dragon land and I literally don't know a single thing that happened in SL. But will predict the whole expansion. Alextraza or another important dragon in the old lore needs your help to kill a giant bad guy who wants to end the world. The bad guy is probably a dragon. The players will stop him in the last raid with the help of the dragons.

So I'm asking, am I wrong? What do you like about this story? It's the same story as every single expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnotadentist View Post
    uhh. the nexus is a long questline, because you go back after doing the first duengon, then it leads to dragonblight. Then it also leads to another duengon, so it is at the very least substatial.
    I never said wotlk was a dragonflight expansion, I said it was the first expansion where the aspects played a bigger role in the lore. Ysera is even in ICC.

- - - Updated - - -

and as for the wrath gate, yes the final cinematic is in dragonblight, but the quest line starts in Icecrown.
    No it does not :P

Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    Like im wondering why DF videos got so many dislikes,i see nothing wrong with the upcoming expansion.Just curious what the f... is wrong with people being obsessed on hating wow non stop? unsub and leave,why is it that hard ? im not blizzard fanboy,but i cant stand this community,i swear to god.

Blizzard definately did lots of bad stuff in the past and i get it,but some of the community folks are the worst psychos ive ever seen,ex girlfriend syndrome.
    So people aren't allowed to dislike something unless you agree with it?
    Why is there a dislike button if people are supposed to just swallow it and leave if they dislike something?
    The reasoning is rather simple in most cases ... people expected to see some Warcraft and saw How to tame your dragon instead.

Does it hurt your ego or something? Why do you care what others think if it's something you enjoy regardless..? People are entitled to their own opinions no matter how unfounded they may be.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2022-11-22 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Passing through View Post
    .......according to MMO Champion. Which has been going on since I found this site in 2008 and people were pissing all over WoW. Epic fights how Aion would kill WoW...how MMO Champion should switch to Age of Conan, because that would be awesome...later it was Rift and Wildstar.

But I concede that apparently with FF14 ppl were right, guess that pushed WoW from the throne...so there is that.

Meanwhile on my humble RP-PvE server, there is hundred of people at every hour of the day killing the elementals....if that is "burned one time too often" I suppose many other games would take that.
    But did it really ? Since I see plenty of thats it im done with Wow forever im moving to FF crowd playing Wow right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    Yup and I was kinda like that but SL was the last straw for me, I stopped about halfway through, and I haven't even thought about buying the new xpac, it looks to me one of the worst yet, I honestly prefer bfa compared to SL and this new DF. Alot will say "yeah yeah see you on release" but nope, wow is done to me until the next xpac which i will keep an eye on and fingers crossed its not shit like DF is. I miss playing wow but I won't be back this xpac.
    What are you looking for in wow if both shadowlands and dragonflight did not fufill your needs?

Now I am not saying shadowlands is good, it is bad, but it is the polar opposite of dragonflight, so if one side is not fufilling you, and nor is its complete opposite, what are you looking for?

- - - Updated - - -

1- "most of the aspects dead" Ysera is dead true(althoguh she is not really, she is trapped in the shaodlwands, for now). but her daughter has taken the role in her stead
    Malygos is dead but was replaced by kalecgos
    Neltharion is dead but Wrathion and sabellion are working to win the favor of their flight for which should take the role of aspect
    Norzdomu is still alive
    Alexstraza is still alive
    So yeah most of the originals are dead, but not all of them.

2- What? They are literally explaining what the lore is in this expansion with no retcons, the aspects gave up their power as they felt it was best to not trust the aspects, after the fall of deathwing, an aspect who fell to darkness, it was best the aspects not be powerful, and instead leave fate to the mortals, however now they are needed, so now they seek to reclaim their power in uldum, which the infinite dragonflight stops.

3- what does the aspects being alive or dead have to do with there being dragons or not? aspects dying does not mean all dragons die...

- - - Updated - - -

The whole point of cata was that the aspects gave up their power and wouldn't be the protectors of the world anymore. Then blizz brought back

Everyone from WarCraft 1-2 in WoD
    Illidan in Legion
    Prob some people in BoA. I didn't play it.
    Every single person that has ever died (mainly the LK) in SL.
    Now the dragons are some how going to be a part of the story again even though they should have no powers. Someone from the original game will be resurrected to sell the fans.

The story puts it that the player character is God at this point. You have literally killed Satan and returned from the dead. Now, if the story said that I'm God and alextrasa is a little ant compared to me now, id be interested cause that means something has changed. The plot is developing. But that's not the case.
    I haven't read one thing about the plot of dragon land and I literally don't know a single thing that happened in SL. But will predict the whole expansion. Alextraza or another important dragon in the old lore needs your help to kill a giant bad guy who wants to end the world. The bad guy is probably a dragon. The players will stop him in the last raid with the help of the dragons.

So I'm asking, am I wrong? What do you like about this story? It's the same story as every single expansion.
    Yes, the aspects gave up their power, because they deemed it too risky to keep, their job was done and to avoid another deathwing they gave up their power.
    however with the primalists back, they are forced to reclaim it, even with the threat of moruzond.

Also we are not god, again I said this to you earlier, we are not as powerful as god, 40ish of us are as powerful as a newly born tortured and weakened god, that does not mean 1 of us are strong as a god.

40 people can lift a car, i will give you all the money in my bank account if you can go lift a full fucking van right now on your own. as you say "40 people can do it, so 1 person alone can do it obviously!"

- - - Updated - - -

and as for the wrath gate, yes the final cinematic is in dragonblight, but the quest line starts in Icecrown.
    lol no it fucking does not, what the fuck you on about?
    You are wrong.

Icecrown, and the famous Wrath Gate cinematic? Where bolvar gets burned by the Red dragonflight and then captured by Arthas?
    For the... fourth time if i remember correct, no it is you who is wrong, yet again.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Just Passing through View Post
    ...and this is accurate. 100 million lifetime accounts waaaay back in 2014 reported. If the game has 5 million players, 95% quit. But you can afford that better than if you have a game that only ever had 10 000 accounts and 5 000 of them quit. Whoa..."only" 50%...a better quota than Blizzard.....yet in the end...not enough money comes in to keep your game afloat..go ask Rift, Wildstar...and whatnot out there.

https://www.polygon.com/2014/1/28/53...ounts-lifetime
    right? wow probably lost more subs every expansion than other mmorpg ever dreamed to have