Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Would Garrosh winning really be that bad?

Sure every other race and culture gets wiped out but consider this in the grand scheme of things if Garrosh remains in control of the sha then it means that Azeroth will recover in time and thus be able to mount a defence against old gods and burning legion alike with the high birth rate of the orcs it means that both kalimdor and the eastern kingdom will be colonized by orcs in no time at all and perhaps even northrend too. Coupled with a influx of orcs from alternate draenor getting invited it means they'd truly have an unstoppable army against cosmic threats. I assume this is what wrathion envisioned.
    Of course the everyone else getting wiped out is bad but this is just a thought experiment because honestly i think it's really viable due to how hardy and fast reproducing orcs are.

7+ Year Old Account
    you do know the sha is the old gods right?

He had joined the old gods and lost himself to that corruption, he was no longer in total control of himself by the end.

you have to be fucking with us.

also he would not have been able to go to alternate draenor.. that was not his idea, it was wrathions. and wrathion would not want to work with a guy still corrupted by the old gods to... stop the old gods and burning legion...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uh… no? Garrosh was in control of a fraction of old god power meanwhile all his minions were slowly being corrupted, the others would have eventually been driven mad and taken down garrosh paving the way for the old gods
    Even the“ true horde” in drenor was filled with corruption, infighting and elitists. Even if the heros didn’t invade and set guldan free infighting would have eventually caused them to cave.
    Terrible poster, it’s like asking if it wouldn’t be so bad if hitler won and exterminated everyone who wasn’t arryan.

Garrosh Hellscream yells: The old one calls to you.
    Garrosh Hellscream yells: The Heart will be your end!
    Garrosh Hellscream yells: See the visions of fear, despair and doubt as I have.
    Garrosh Hellscream yells: You will be trapped for eternity!
    Heart of Y'shaarj whispers: You can never leave this place. There is no way home.
    Heart of Y'shaarj whispers: You will die when you leave this place. There is nothing left of your world.
    Heart of Y'shaarj whispers: You have already lost.
    Heart of Y'shaarj whispers: All of your friends are dead.
    Heart of Y'shaarj whispers: No one is coming to save you.
    Heart of Y'shaarj whispers: Your allies will leave you behind.
    Heart of Y'shaarj whispers: You cannot succeed. Your cause is hopeless.
    Heart of Y'shaarj whispers: Your allies think you are weak.
    Heart of Y'shaarj whispers: You do not have the strength to defeat him, you are too weak to carry on.
    The power flows through me!

The power to crush your world, and everything on it!

Phase 3
    The True Horde WILL come to pass. I have SEEN it. IT HAS SHOWN ME. I HAVE SEEN MOUNTAINS OF SKULLS AND RIVERS OF BLOOD. AND I WILL... HAVE... MY... WORLD!

Phase 4 (Mythic Only)
    You think you have WON? You are BLIND. I WILL FORCE YOUR EYES OPEN.
    BEHOLD, MY GLORIOUS DESTINY!

THERE IS NO PLACE FOR YOU IN MY WORLD.

I WILL DESTROY EVERYTHING YOU HAVE EVER LOVED.

All will fall in the name of Hellscream!

Pitiful.
    Weak.

Now you know your place in my new world.

No... It cannot end...like this...What I... What I have seen...

No... NO... This world... Is my destiny... My destiny...

Yes, Yes it would be.

If the fact that the world would be ruled by an unstable, crazy, psychotic, rambling, self-entitled, genocidal, xenophobic, tyrannical lunatic who literally went to Hell, wasn't enough to convince you of this; said guy was also the pawn of the Old God Y'Shaarj. So the world would essentially be given to Y'Shaarj, who was the strongest of the Old Gods, and was raising an army of mantid to serve him.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-11-22 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Sure every other race and culture gets wiped out but consider this in the grand scheme of things if Garrosh remains in control of the sha then it means that Azeroth will recover in time and thus be able to mount a defence against old gods and burning legion alike with the high birth rate of the orcs it means that both kalimdor and the eastern kingdom will be colonized by orcs in no time at all and perhaps even northrend too. Coupled with a influx of orcs from alternate draenor getting invited it means they'd truly have an unstoppable army against cosmic threats. I assume this is what wrathion envisioned.
    Of course the everyone else getting wiped out is bad but this is just a thought experiment because honestly i think it's really viable due to how hardy and fast reproducing orcs are.
    Yes. Yes, it would be that bad, and you enunciate it clearly within the very first sentence of your opening post. Most races would be eradicated, meaning the amount of leftover combatants would be really low to fight against the invasion of the Burning Legion.

Not to mention it was damn clear that Garrosh was NOT in control of the power of the Sha, i.e., Y'shaarj, i.e. the Old Gods. He was just another pawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yes. Yes, it would be that bad, and you enunciate it clearly within the very first sentence of your opening post. Most races would be eradicated, meaning the amount of leftover combatants would be really low to fight against the invasion of the Burning Legion.

Not to mention it was damn clear that Garrosh was NOT in control of the power of the Sha, i.e., Y'shaarj, i.e. the Old Gods. He was just another pawn.
    That's weird. I recall in MoP they mused that Garrosh WAS in control. Did they retcon it later?

I wouldn't mind him winning and expanding the Horde. His old god empowered force was pretty cool and strong even stronger than Deathwing and Lei Shen. I do wonder how he'll deal with the Legion invasion afterwards though. Would make for a cool what if. Not to mention N'zoth's madness which could turn entire armies against each other. I guess the only hope would be if the heart of Yshaarj continues to grow and empowering which in turn will empower the true horde into Yshaarj's horde.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    I wouldn't mind him winning and expanding the Horde.
    Slaves, that's what the Horde would have been.

That's weird. I recall in MoP they mused that Garrosh WAS in control. Did they retcon it later?
    What the people of Azeroth think doesn't matter when we, outside observers, can tell otherwise. Garrosh was being given visions of conquest, and he was working to make those visions a reality. That is not him being "in control".

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    Would make for a cool what if. Not to mention N'zoth's madness which could turn entire armies against each other.
    I wonder if an Old God corrupted Garrosh and Horde would have been able to free Nzoth without the sword piercing Azeroth necessitating the Heart etc.

There's no way you're asking this seriously.

Even if you are, Blizzard already answered it with "Blank Scroll". Garrosh won, Azeroth was a smoking cinder courtesy of the Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

He was “in control” in the sense that any over his head villain is “in control”. Basically “not bursting into screeching abomination right now” and he immediately thought that he “conquered” an Old God while his brain was basically half-rotted by whispers and omens.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    What the people of Azeroth think doesn't matter when we, outside observers, can tell otherwise. Garrosh was being given visions of conquest, and he was working to make those visions a reality. That is not him being "in control".
    Basically, doesn't matter word of God and canon if you feel otherwise, got it.

Sure every other race and culture gets wiped out
    That would not happen, that is way ahead of the top and people who thought that was delusional, Garry problem was only with alliance.

And to answer your question, no it would not be that bad compared to the state of the lore today, pretty much everyone died with the legion and BFA anyway, it was just avoiding the inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    That would not happen
    "Blank Scroll" says you're wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

That would not happen, that is way ahead of the top and people who thought that was delusional, Garry problem was only with alliance.

And to answer your question, no it would not be that bad compared to the state of the lore today, pretty much everyone died with the legion and BFA anyway, it was just avoiding the inevitable.
    Word of Canon/God retconned that by having Alleria Windrunner be the F-I-R-S-T mortal to defy the Shadows' whispers:

Many have sought to harness the corruptive magic of the Void. Most who tried have fallen into madness. Determined to use this power for the good of Azeroth, Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal to succeed at defying the shadow's whispers. Coming to the aid of a group of her kin who nearly gave in to the darkness, Alleria has vowed to train these Void elves to control the shadows within them and pledge their newfound powers to the Alliance.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/races/void-elf

Garrosh never defied the Shadows' whispers. If you're not biased, you'll notice that he was even more of an unstable rambling lunatic in the raid fight (even more than usual ), a stark contrast with the calm, composed, and stern Alleria.

What will you do now? Will you acknowledge that Word of God retconned Garrosh resisting the whispers (since Alleria in Legion was the FIRST MORTAL to do it, which means Garrosh in MoP FAILED), and thus Garrosh was always a mere slave of Y'Shaarj, or will you dismiss the evidence I provided because you "feel otherwise"?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Word of Canon/God retconned that by having Alleria Windrunner be the F-I-R-S-T mortal to defy the Shadows' whispers:
    Thats because Garry is not amortal but a Greek god.

And your link only said she was the first to "defy the whispers" Garry was the first to ignore it

so, no retcon at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    "Blank Scroll" says you're wrong.
    Nah, it just shows one of the possible futures, and is biased by the viewpoint of the characters who want to see said thing, is illogical to think that an army of orcs who were able to conquer the world would fall for the legion because "there would not be heroes left" if they were not able to stop a bunch of orcs, they would not be able to stop the legion either.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/races/void-elf

Garrosh never defied the Shadows' whispers. If you're not biased, you'll notice that he was even more of an unstable rambling lunatic in the raid fight (even more than usual ), a stark contrast with the calm, composed, and stern Alleria.

What will you do now? Will you acknowledge that Word of God retconned Garrosh resisting the whispers (since Alleria in Legion was the FIRST MORTAL to do it, which means Garrosh in MoP FAILED), and thus Garrosh was always a mere slave of Y'Shaarj, or will you dismiss the evidence I provided because you "feel otherwise"?
    Bruh. Sha augment negative emotions. Y'Shaarj/Sha corruption isn't biased towards any race. So if Y'Shaarj/Sha were in control of Garrosh, he wouldn't have exiled potential targets.
    Being a Mag'har, his idea of a true Horde was an Orcish Horde. Those were the stories engrained in him as a child. So that is what he pursued. He saw the inclusion of the other races a blight because they were inferior to his own.
    An'u belore delen'na

Thats because Garry is not amortal but a Greek god.
    He probably is in your mind

Unfortunately for you, he was very much mortal in reality, that's why he got fried by Thrall and then nuked into non-existence by the Janitor.

And your link only said she was the first to "defy the whispers" Garry was the first to ignore it
    You know they're synonyms right?

And he "Ignored" them so much that, as per his own admission in the rambling lunacy quotes I reported above, he was following what the visions showed him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    Bruh. Sha augment negative emotions. Y'Shaarj/Sha corruption isn't biased towards any race. So if Y'Shaarj/Sha were in control of Garrosh, he wouldn't have exiled potential targets.
    Eh? What does this claim even mean?

No, what matters if what we're shown. And Garrosh was not in control. Do you really think it's more likely that Garrosh has actually managed to subvert the mind influence of an old god on his own and make it work for him, to show him the visions he wanted, instead of the old god showing him specific visions to make Garrosh do the old god's work while believing everything he's doing is of his own free will?

- - - Updated - - -

so, no retcon at all.
    ... Wow. The lengths one would go to pretend they're not wrong is astounding.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2022-11-23 at 12:51 AM.

He probably is in your mind

Unfortunately for you, he was very much mortal in reality, that's why he got fried by Thrall and then nuked into non-existence by the Janitor.

You know they're synonyms right?

And he "Ignored" them so much that, as per his own admission in the rambling lunacy quotes I reported above, he was following what the visions showed him.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh? What does this claim even mean?
    Sha corrupts everyone, not just orcs as it did
    An'u belore delen'na