Poll: Which leveling is better?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Leveling is the only part of wow I traditionally had unambiguous fun. Ideally, I personally like to stretch it out as long as possible. Historically, you could do that via disabling experience but that NPC broke with Dragonflight.

I get for a lot of people leveling is a chore and they just want lots of alts and what not. But I do think the game should restore or add an option where people can opt in to less experience--so we can experience all of the four zones/every quest/new dungeons/rares/etc before hitting 70.

The quicker, the better. It's a pointless number just meant to reset your stats and expand your tree.
    In truth, it could be completely removed. Tree expansion points added to major zone questlines and gear "decay" added when you move into a new landmass.

Nothing stops you from doing all the quests after being max level either. So "is the leveling too fast" is a pointless question.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-12-02 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    Hey friends.

So I am curious what everyone thinks about the new leveling the last few expansions have had. Does leveling feel too fast?
    After playing WOTLK classic, it reminded me how much leveling was a part of the expansion where it would take about a week to 80 instead of the 6 hours it takes some people to hit level cap on Dragonflight.

Do you like the fast leveling or do you wish it was a little longer of a process?
    I'm not sure. I ask myself, why I rush towards level cap, if I actually enjoy leveling? For current xpack it's obvious. FOMO time-gated mechanics in endgame. But what about low level leveling? I guess, it's about QOL. You get flying at level 30. Some important talents are 50lvl ones. Don't get me wrong. Progression is good and RPGish thing. But character feels incomplete before that. If only leveling would turn into something like time traveling.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    lvling was a reward in itself back then, now u have many 'borrowed' system to 'lvl' after u actually lvl up
    yes i prefer older system of lvling with clear reward at end, if DF has no borrowed system then lvling should return to be more valued in itself again
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I understand what you're saying, but I have to disagree. This could be my ignorance, but the game was much more popular when it wasn't a "Get to the end content as fast as possible" game. Hitting level cap and having all the gear I need for raiding 1 week into the expansion feels... ehhh... I worry I'm going to just get bored much quicker now.
    The game was popular then because of many many factors and not leveling. First of all, the poster villain. Everyone knew about LK and everyone wanted to kill LK. Personally, I started playing WoW because of that. Then, lack of any real competition game-wise. Now we have so many options. Then accessibility - everyone and their mother was raiding, everyone was getting the legendary and so on. Newness relative to player age. Now most players who started wow are in their late 30s and don't have as much time to play , engage, have quit etc. Nobody really comes to a game because "I hear leveling takes long". And tbh it was taking long because we were noobs. And because we didn't have goals set of starting raiding week 2/3 with out guild, most likely didn't have a guild to begin with and would find one later.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2022-12-02 at 06:57 AM.

Have to get to end game, every moment spent leveling is a moment you could be grinding the same 6 m+ you’ll be doing for the next 5 years

If I weren't receiving talent points I'd have no reason to check my level tbh, I'm still doing the side quest chains as I finish gearing the char I started leveling wednesday. On the note of side quests I wish there were more incentive to do them, I'm not very fond of threads/adventure mode and how it plays out with alts, I'd rather lore master give an option to complete side quests with an option to then reduce leveling time for alts similar to old heirlooms. Even though they give rep I'm sure most alt hoarders rush through to 70 before completing the side quests on any of their characters, maybe thats too much hand holding, but if they knew everyone were doing the side quests maybe there'd be more incentive to write them with more breadcrumbs for future stories.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There were a lot of things that confused me here. WOTLK was 70-80 and I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe you got from 70-80 in original WOTLK in 6 hours because I'm pretty sure the world first 80 was a few days after launch.
    OK, I messed up on the level range, but not the expansion. Back then, they actually would have posts in-game when someone would get a worlds first for each class. I had been in the beta so knew what route to take to level and I was still quite a way behind worlds first for the class I mained back then.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

I have seen people say that they completed the campaign and didn't make 70, I am still in the first zone not even close to done and I am 65

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    lvling was a reward in itself back then, now u have many 'borrowed' system to 'lvl' after u actually lvl up
    yes i prefer older system of lvling with clear reward at end, if DF has no borrowed system then lvling should return to be more valued in itself again
    In Dragonflight, you have only one thing that can be considered a "borrowed" system to level, and that is Dragonriding, even at that, it is account bound.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..