Quote Originally Posted by Yzmor View Post
    Guys I'm happy for everyone who's excited about the next expansion, but.. I'm devastated :'(

I would've been happy with Void stuff, Light stuff, a world revamp, other cosmic stuff, another weird planet like Outland, Nagas and sea stuff or any combination of these.
    But this dwarves and elementals theme... jeez I got miserably disappointed.
    I've been subbed during DF only because of legacy content, since I hate dragons (at least the Disney way they are presented this time) and now I feel so sad because I know that by the time this new expansion arrives, I'll have run out of legacy content to do. To me, this means WoW is stuck for 3 more years with themes I find not only uninteresting, but demotivating. And it's sad because WoW is the only game I've ever cared about ever since I was a teenager, and in my adulthood I've found solace in it many times when I had a rough patch so this game means a lot to me, personally. And now I've lost all hope it's ever going to be something that gives me comfort again.

I just had to share my feelings, sorry, talking about this with my friends or BF is not the same, they don't get it.

On the speculation side: I don't think Blizz has the nerve to serve the playerbase an entire expansion underground. With the new tech from 10.1, sure, they might showcase some underground zones (though it wouldn't be the first time for them to abandon new tech take Warfronts as an example), but IMHO no matter how well an underground zone is designed, if you never get back up to the surface, it's tiring and depressing. Also the main use of this tech is literally connecting the surface and what's below it, so if everything is underground, the tech is not needed, it would be the same as designing, say, the Broken Isles, but the skybox is just earth, crystals etc. with earthen walls surrounding the borders, like a bigger Zaralek, and that would be it.
    Yeah, I'm right there along with you, I'm absolutely devastated, My husband has no interest in 11.0 and my friends all quit WoW so the guild is dead and I doubt many og them have interest in this as they all quit when Zaralek was introduced.

I was on Team World Revamp, this aspect of Underground just doesnt appeal, I will see you all at the 12.0 speculations, best of luck all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Yeah, I'm right there along with you, I'm absolutely devastated, My husband has no interest in 11.0 and my friends all quit WoW so the guild is dead and I doubt many og them have interest in this as they all quit when Zaralek was introduced.

I was on Team World Revamp, this aspect of Underground just doesnt appeal, I will see you all at the 12.0 speculations, best of luck all.
    Shouldn't be better to just wait and see what the expansion is first?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post

if leaks about classic+ are real we can swap from retail to classic (for abit)

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Shouldn't be better to just wait and see what the expansion is first?
    I will watch Blizzcon don't get me wrong I will play Classic but if all this rumoured stuff is true about 11.0 then it's just not my cup of tea I will skip it and won't buy it, doesn't mean I love WoW any less, This particular adventure is just not for me and I will sit it out just like my husband and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage79 View Post
    if leaks about classic+ are real we can swap from retail to classic (for abit)
    Yeah I will play Classic with my Brother and Nephew, they live in a different country to me so it will be nice to spend more time with them as they hate Retail.

I’m just glad the “void vs light” / “light invasion” people have shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Yusefstrasza View Post
    Antagonistic light is an inevitability. So perhaps 12.0 IF, BIG IF, 11.0 has one of it

Yrel will come to us sooner or later. We have an entire playable race that says so.

Quote Originally Posted by hipolnalrt View Post
    The sword. Connects us to c'thun. Which would explain some of the new scarab stuff recently datamined.
    I did get super excited when I saw new Silithus stuff, but those were all confirmed to be Trading Post gear, which is the least likely assets to be related to the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, that quite literally means they aren't transforming physically in the same way Dwarves did. Which is precisely the part where they aren't following the normal progression of the curse.
    The log doesn't say that at all. What it describes is they ARE following the normal progression of the curse, only that it began at a much later point in time. And they express confusion in that the curse spread like an infection in the other races, that these Earthen have no connection to.
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Way to many assumptions. Starting with that anomaly even having anything to do with Xal'atath. You're getting lost in your headcanon.
    It would be an unrelated event but the devs often work in an idea they wanted to do earlier that didn't pan out at the time & a lot of lore was given to these corrupted dwarves. So they might have become corrupted under some other circumstances & the devs manage to work in their idea of Skardyn. It makes more sense than alternative theories: If Teriz is right that means they're going to be Rock Dwarves riding Rock Gryphons; which means Blizzard took the very cool idea of Gryphon Riding Dwarves and turned it into the stupidest thing imaginable.
    Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    serious question, if I understand the story correctly there has been a "geological anomaly" in sector Ar-938, the keepers sent the earthen and then those same earthne became heretics, acting like dwarves but physically still earthen. It would be interesting to know what kind of anomaly was there. Maybe a "not-so-evil" old god or some void-related knowledge that made those earthen see the titans in a new light?
    The observation of Khaz Algar & the Rebellion in Avaloren are two different things. They might be part of the same general region or have joined up at some point but based on the logs, those are two different groups of people.

It should be noted that the "Earthen" observed in those logs were from 100,000 years ago: No Earthen stayed Earthen that long. In much less time races on azeroth shrank, grew giant ears, lost their corporeal form, devolved & re-evolved. No Eathen "survived" the curse of flesh. All Earthen we see in game were made recently*** by Archaedas, Thorim or Loken. If they really didn't eventually turn into Dwarves we would need a pretty good explanation why.

***relatively recently. 10,000 years ago is still a lot closer to now than 100,000 years ago.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2023-09-30 at 02:40 PM.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Khaz Algar being confirmed doesn’t instantly mean 11.0 is an elemental, or entirely underground. Nor does it mean it is or isn’t light vs void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall Key art + Towelliee + Chinese predictor + mount leak + sequel expansion theory pretty much put anything void or light-based to rest. I'm sure there will be void and light elements, but this ship is turning decidedly towards Underground/Elemental expansion.

Ok so the next expansion is pretty much confirmed to be heavily dwarf/storm related and Khaz Algar being the main hub/zone or whatever
    Nothing is confirmed

I'm still impressed that if Khaz Algar is legit, then the true teasing for 11.0 happened waaaay back in the Uldum pre-patch. Pretty straightforward

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Thrall Key art + Towelliee + Chinese predictor + mount leak + sequel expansion theory pretty much put anything void or light-based to rest. I'm sure there will be void and light elements, but this ship is turning decidedly towards Underground/Elemental expansion.
    Yeah, let's just ignore the mountains of evidence from the Dragonflight story that says the Void is coming next.

I'm not sure why I have to keep saying this over and over: Dragonflight and 11.0 are the sequels to Cataclysm. They contain the same themes as Cataclysm, and they have the same main enemy as Cataclysm. Cataclysm is a Void, Elemental and Dragon expansion all at once. So is Dragonflight. So is 11.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Maybe its real but they did that to make us think it was fake. 800 IQ.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if its not a World Revamp, I think its likely to be huge and heavily Marketed. They want it to be as hype as Legion or WoD, and it probably will have Legion levels of effort. Its going to be a good xpac imo either way. It has to be.
    Bro plese. Dont do this with yourself.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revamp Man View Post
    Nothing is confirmed
    It's pretty much obvious Kzal Algar will be one of the zones or continent and with that probably Dwarf theme at least in one zone. But yeah, implying it means "heavy" dwarf expac from that is nonsense - they could be as important as centaurs in DF. What is important, it buries speculation about revamp/return to old world.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Even if its not a World Revamp, I think its likely to be huge and heavily Marketed. They want it to be as hype as Legion or WoD, and it probably will have Legion levels of effort. Its going to be a good xpac imo either way. It has to be.
    Every single expac is "huge" and "heavily marketed". It's nonsense implying some expac get less budget or effort. Sometimes this effort is directed in wrong direction (member 15 iterations of conduit system in SL Beta?) and sometimes they fuck up patch schedule, but that's another story.

What you probably mean is theme of next expansion. It can't be another chill expac with disney dragons. Thanks to DF community pretty much forgot how tiresome was constant saving world and even universe from Legion/N'zoth/literal devil from hell, so we are ready to up the stakes again.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2023-09-30 at 03:10 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    All this hype makes me want to give Dragonflight a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    I'm not sure why I have to keep saying this over and over: Dragonflight and 11.0 are the sequels to Cataclysm. They contain the same themes as Cataclysm, and they have the same main enemy as Cataclysm. Cataclysm is a Void, Elemental and Dragon expansion all at once. So is Dragonflight. So is 11.0.
    If we're at a point where you can say Dragonflight is a direct sequel to Warcraft 3 AND WotLK AND Cataclsym, that pattern might be nonsensical at this point. Who is enforcing this pattern? They've gone through 3 totally different sets of creative management teams since WoD. I think someone would want to take a new direction by now.

I'm all for Khaz Algar becoming a prominent location, but I'd still dial back on dwarf theme. This could be entirely different to anything we've seen in game. I expect it to be more akin to Nightborne/Suramar was to Night Elves/Blood Elves, but we still have no clue what their plans are.

Khaz Algar being a location seems all but certain. There's a slight possibility this is on the other side of Azeroth due to the idea of "Storm Riders" along with both the Nightsquall and Naga books referring to a storm stopping travel to the other side (correct me if wrong about Naga). But I think anything else is out of hand for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Is that the actual model of the gryphon? I'd only seen the textures up until then. I'm starting to have second thoughts about my saronite guess; it looks far more like something unto itself like this. Probably meant to be evocative of the "storm" protecting the new region.
    "Wounds are for the desperate, blows are for the strong;
    balm and oil for weary hearts all cut and bruised with wrong.
    I forgive thy treason, I redeem thy fall;
    for iron—cold iron—must be master of men all!"

You'll believe it when you see it for yourself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Is that the actual model of the gryphon? I'd only seen the textures up until then. I'm starting to have second thoughts about my saronite guess; it looks far more like something unto itself like this.
    It's not, i just took an image of a regular gryphon and shopped it to resemble the datamined texture as best i could.

Formerly known as Arafal