Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I would actually respect Iridikron if he did that.
    1. Put the Emerald Dream in danger
    2. Wait for Elune to come and personally solve the problem
    3. Kil Elune
    4. Profit.
    It would certainly raise the stakes. Not sure what it would do in his gambit towards the Titans, but I guess it could be worked in someway.

God what a reveal. As soon as we finally meet Elune she gets absolutely hammered by this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I would actually respect Iridikron if he did that.
    1. Put the Emerald Dream in danger
    2. Wait for Elune to come and personally solve the problem
    3. Kil Elune
    4. Profit.
    burn this damn tree and any flower lover along
    also
    make one pass over stormwind and finish what papa deathwind started
    >10char

Before Dragonflight launched, Ion said that we'd know who the major threats and final boss of the expansion would be by the end of the first raid, which with hindsight clearly meant one of the incarnates. At this point it's pretty clear we're not going to be fighting Vyranoth, or Iridikron again until at least 11.0.

The AOTC achievement for Amirdrassil gives a mount, which has been the case for all final raids since WoD with the moose.

We got the permanent augment rune, another mainstay of final patches.

It's pretty obvious there's not going to be another raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Zers Editor View Post
    The Aspects arrive to help, the Tree blesses them and they finish Fyrakk off?
    What if Elune or some other Life God intervenes, making the Aspects get their powers but creating some event that Iridikron wanted to bring the Titans' attention?

Having Fyrakk getting moonbeamed would surely be a fun cinematic. It would be the 4th ending where the final moments of the expansion ends with someone getting beamed

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    What if Elune or some other Life God intervenes, making the Aspects get their powers but creating some event that Iridikron wanted to bring the Titans' attention?
    And the event being that if Elune ever leaves her Moonform, the moon she posessed falls onto Azeroth.

World of Warcraft: Moonfall.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyntosAran View Post
    And the event being that if Elune ever leaves her Moonform, the moon she posessed falls onto Azeroth.

World of Warcraft: Moonfall.
    Wrath of the Elune

5+ Year Old Account
    What if Elune is not a sexy elf lady, but rather a rotund alien creature. Perhaps vaguely avian, like a chubby chicken. Perplexing.

Quote Originally Posted by Merryck View Post
    What if Elune is not a sexy elf lady, but rather a rotund alien creature. Perhaps vaguely avian, like a chubby chicken. Perplexing.
    What if she is a frictionless, spherical professor?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Terremer View Post
    isn't azeroth supposed to have several moons?
    Two. The White Lady and the Blue Child. When the skyboxes aren't bugged, they are both visible... sometimes, anyway.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Yes. The White Lady and the Blue Child. Elune mostly embodies the White Lady though. We don't know who the Blue Child is, but if it's ever truly explored in WoW, I imagine the Blue Child will be Elune's "pet", AKA her child. As for the form it may take? I imagine it'll take the form of either a Stag, an Owl, or a Saber.

- - - Updated - - -

You could argue the Blue Child is just a random name, but idk. There's likely more to it than that.
    There's that artwork from Folk & Fairy tales of Azeroth where they're depicted as generic moon elves, but the accuracy of that novel is dubious.

I think azeroth is going to emerge for sure at some point in 11.0.

She'll then take up Gorribal as her weapon.

I know it was a fake leak but I think "World Soul" wouldn't be a shabby name for such an expansion.

Unless have "world" twice in the full title isn't ideal to blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by milkmustache View Post
    That would be insane lmao. Why be the incarnate of earth when you can be the incarnate of lunar rock?
    Exclusively so we can reuse the "Moon's haunted" meme
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

1+ Year Old Account
    A lot of HYPE in here! Love seeing all of the speculation (in all directions).

What are the stormdrakes up to anyway? Are they loyal to Odyn and the Titans?
    Enslaved by Odyn.

The Earth Mother and the Sky Father. Those are the embodiments of nature in the eyes of Tauren.

Their legends tell tales of how the Earth Mother created the Sun and the Moon (the White Lady) to be her children and her eyes, watching over Azeroth as she slept. The Blue Child, meanwhile, was born from her tear. A smaller sibling, if you will.

I'm willing to bet the Tauren myths are rooted in history, with ancient beings from the dawn of Azeroth somehow ascending to some type of godhood.

"The upstart goddess."

Likely in order to watch over Azeroth. But it is of course also possible that the celestial bodies are mere symbols of those ancient beings, like the crucifix. Because the Embrace seems to be such a significant event, however, I'm not so sure.

The question remains what those beings, including the Earth Mother and Sky Father, were.

Naaru? Wild Gods? Titans? Old Gods? First Ones? Manifestations of Azeroth's world-soul?

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    well well well, two possible theories:

1. New Moon could mean a "recent moon", basically Azeroth gets a new moon, maybe Ysera?

2. New Moon could indicate the lunar phase, the dark one. Iridikron and Knaifu do something to Elune and we must save her
    We wouldn't have to save Elune from a New Moon phase.

So, this is something that I actually think is fairly specific, believe it or not. The Kalimdor book makes mention that Elune has several phases/avatars in addition to the Night Warrior. One for each phase of the moon. IIRC, I think New Moon was actively mentioned as one of them, but I dont recall 100%

Having a New Moon video show up, as well as Night Elves using the Night Warrior eyes, tends to indicate that New Moon is something to do with one of her avatar/phases.

Cenarius is her kid and he gets the stag parts from his dad, so the elf parts presumably come from Elune

5+ Year Old Account
    The Sun could be a Light Lord just peaking into reality. Kind of unsettling if you think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    We wouldn't have to save Elune from a New Moon phase.

So, this is something that I actually think is fairly specific, believe it or not. The Kalimdor book makes mention that Elune has several phases/avatars in addition to the Night Warrior. One for each phase of the moon. IIRC, I think New Moon was actively mentioned as one of them, but I dont recall 100%

Having a New Moon video show up, as well as Night Elves using the Night Warrior eyes, tends to indicate that New Moon is something to do with one of her avatar/phases.
    Wasn't the Night Warrior the New Moon one? Her "dark side", so to speak.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what was that Twitter dev excited about with this patch. Any ideas?