10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Well, based on every other experience and basic reasonning, we know that sub decrease are slow and smooth, while sub increase and quick and very specific timely speaking. The curves we have just don't fit the postulat of TBC couterbalancing losses of 9.1, but they do fit the one of TCB classic just not being very popular overall. Of course we don't have definite proof, but nothing is leading us to believe your theory.
    Not really true. Subs are lost in massive numbers all the time when people dislike something like 9.1. Imagine waiting 8 months for new content and getting that. I don't think its hard to believe that retail lost 500k subs within a month or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I think that Azj-kahet's size is deceptive, because it's roofed in a way similar to the outer parts of Zaralek, it feels more closed off than it actually is. Like I said at the start of this observation, they focused all their screenshots on specific set pieces which makes it feel like zones are only one thing. Almost all of the Azj-kahet pictures are of that central nerubian city, but if you look at the few other ones:

That seems like it might be a pretty significant distance going straight back. The cave nature just makes it hard to tell because there's so few places (outside of Hallowfall) where you get a long straight view deep into a zone.

Especially curious if this thing is to scale:

Cause that's a whole lot of Hallowfall(?) and very little of the top two zones.
    Thats what im saying. Isle of Dorn looks tiny. Ringing deeps too. We very well might have 2 Pandaria sized smaller zones, a SL sized medium zone, and a DF sized massive zone. All adding up to a smaller continent like Pandaria or the Broken Isles. Not that big of a deal I suppose if theres plenty of good content.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah, hes giving daddy energy.
    Anduin gives the same energy as currently many millennials and zoomers feel. Growing up in the shadow of big names, being idealistic while young, but as they get older delusioned by the legacy of those that came before us while struggeling with problems that the older ones don't understand and just say "man up".

A lot of people who glorify grom, garrosh, varian, arthas and others in that group, are like boomers, ignorant to how things changed, living in their bubble of the past where everything was better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    Anduin gives the same energy as currently many millennials and zoomers feel. Growing up in the shadow of big names, being idealistic while young, but as they get older delusioned by the legacy of those that came before us while struggeling with problems that the older ones don't understand and just say "man up".

A lot of people who glorify grom, garrosh, varian, arthas and others in that group, are like boomers, ignorant to how things changed, living in their bubble of the past where everything was better.
    Asmongold.

Not really true. Subs are lost in massive numbers all the time when people dislike something like 9.1. Imagine waiting 8 months for new content and getting that. I don't think its hard to believe that retail lost 500k subs within a month or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats what im saying. Isle of Dorn looks tiny. Ringing deeps too. We very well might have 2 Pandaria sized smaller zones, a SL sized medium zone, and a DF sized massive zone. All adding up to a smaller continent like Pandaria or the Broken Isles. Not that big of a deal I suppose if theres plenty of good content.

The purple one, Azj-Kahet, looks like it has the Nerubian city with either Old God tendrils or World Tree roots underneath it. Omnomnom.

Keep in mind this map had changed internally already when it was shown at BlizzCon, so it does not represent the final product.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the Isle of Dorn probably has another level of verticality compared to the rest of the zones. I'm sure the open, blue sky with the mountains in the background will make it feel bigger than it is. Add to that the potential for underwater content around the shores, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Even assuming the picture is completely accurate, it's still misleading. The Isle of Dorn doesn't show the water surrounding it, which Hallowfall does. It's also flat compared to Hallowfall, which means its use of space is far more effective than Hallowfall, where large chunks are unusable.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Asmongold.
    So you agree?
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    So you agree?
    Yes. That those people like Asmon are toxic. I enjoy some of his content sometimes, but I definitely do not subscribe to the Alpha male mindset. Or wanting to constantly sexualize women etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    TBC release did gain subs, but it took awhile until Black Temple and especially Sunwell for TBC to gain subs again. Then it just has been an upward tick since then with back-to-back releases of content or alternate game modes to help push that number upward. I'll admit TBC isn't as popular as Classic or WotLK but it is popular enough to garner some amount of play.
    I really doubt that Classic phases caused returns similar to Retail major patches. It was only the raids, and those that want to raid in Classic keep playing, while those who just want to level and do other casual stuff don't return for later phases. Just look at the massive spike of Classic Era, huge rise, then immediate dropoff as casual players stop playing.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Even assuming the picture is completely accurate, it's still misleading. The Isle of Dorn doesn't show the water surrounding it, which Hallowfall does. It's also flat compared to Hallowfall, which means its use of space is far more effective than Hallowfall, where large chunks are unusable.
    True. Could be that Isle of Dorn IS DF sized and Hallow is the biggest zone they have ever made technically, even though half is probably unplayable area.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    The purple one, Azj-Kahet, looks like it has the Nerubian city with either Old God tendrils or World Tree roots underneath it. Omnomnom.
    Maybe the surviving roots of Elun'ahir. There were roots and plant-filled area in that zone in the preview videos they showed.

If so, I'm looking forward to finding out what those mysterious guardians are. I doubt that anyone could mistake Nerubians for anything other than Old God minions, so are they opposing the city? Just coexisting? Perhaps this group of Nerubians was peaceful until they joined Xal’atath.

I don't go too deep into all this anduin stuff, i just like characters in wow that smash things and yell warcrys, that's why i love garrosh, varian and others.

Just because i like these type of characters doesn't mean that i glorify something IRL nor does it reflect me personally, it's weird when people so quickly bring IRL stuff to convos about some fictional video game characters.

I don't mind anduin but he's also not a character that i am very hyped for so far, but maybe he will do something crazy in TWW.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    I don't go too deep into all this anduin stuff, i just like characters in wow that smash things and yell warcrys, that's why i love garrosh, varian and others.

Just because i like these type of characters doesn't mean that i glorify something IRL nor does it reflect me personally, it's weird when people so quickly bring IRL stuff to convos about some fictional video game characters.

I don't mind anduin but he's also not a character that i am very hyped for so far, but maybe he will do something crazy in TWW.
    There is no issue with that. But certain people seem to be really outraged with "feelings" or other stuff that is not hyper masculine stuff. Like, DF got a lot of flag for being world of feelcraft. I don't mind. A lot of the stuff seen, is common in other media, especialy stuff like anime, that has the most "feelings" stuff, but also the most over the top badassery stuff. Together.

It is the weird people that don't get that both can exist together.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    Maybe the surviving roots of Elun'ahir. There were roots and plant-filled area in that zone in the preview videos they showed.

If so, I'm looking forward to finding out what those mysterious guardians are. I doubt that anyone could mistake Nerubians for anything other than Old God minions, so are they opposing the city? Just coexisting? Perhaps this group of Nerubians was peaceful until they joined Xal’atath.
    There are these tents to be seen around those roots, featuring leaves and stuff. Maybe Botani, or some type of underground creature we haven't seen before? Perhaps Furbolg, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    Like, DF got a lot of flag for being world of feelcraft.
    I don't mind feelings situations either, but at least from me DF got flak for bad writing and most characters acting weird in main storyline, especially mentioned by a lot of people the moments where characters act like in some musical that end each other lines.

To each their own, but for me DF is there at the bottom with SL when it comes to writing and characters acting, reacting.

I like some good drama tv shows, but drama in DF was just bad.

Edit: But TWW is coming, im hopeful for something better in that department.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2024-04-16 at 08:54 AM.

I don't mind feelings as long as epic scenes are the focus of the story.

we need good looking battle cutscenes. we got a couple in df but they all looked bad

Keep in mind we'll be probably getting 2 new zones in TWW for each major content patch. Undermine is a popular bet, but blizzard tends to break the expansion them with at least one of the content patch zones to shake environments a bit (amirdrassil, zereth mortis). We may get something connected to the next saga or unexpected stuff like the revamped draenei isles/exodar fighting void naarus.

Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    Keep in mind we'll be probably getting 2 new zones in TWW for each major content patch. Undermine is a popular bet, but blizzard tends to break the expansion them with at least one of the content patch zones to shake environments a bit (amirdrassil, zereth mortis). We may get something connected to the next saga or unexpected stuff like the revamped draenei isles/exodar fighting void naarus.
    Kezan/Undermine
    Plunder Isle
    New Naga zone?
    Place beyond the underground sea?
    New Titanforged zone near the core?
    Zone underneath the sword?

Quote Originally Posted by Reive View Post
    we need good looking battle cutscenes. we got a couple in df but they all looked bad
    It's hard to do cool battle scenes with the default models, especially when it comes to bigger creatures like dragons. But battle cinematics are also probably far more expensive because of the range of motion and often the number of characters showing up. The "Avengers Assemble" scene in 10.2 would have an insane budget to do in Blizzard's cinematics what with the massive number of characters that'd need to be rendered. But we could have had more dragon on dragon combat
    To be fair it would also be hard to do a scene like the TWW cinematic with the default models either because it depended entirely on Anduin's facial expressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Kezan/Undermine
    Plunder Isle
    New Naga zone?
    Place beyond the underground sea?
    New Titanforged zone near the core?
    Zone underneath the sword?
    Maybe something more directly related to the silithus' sword.