Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Answer my question above. What do you think is the likelihood for 10.2 being announced next week?
    100%
    I'm in a bet
    If leak information is accurate I'm going to blizzcon in a kilt

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    In what way is yearly expansions better pacing? FFXIV has an expansion every two years, AND 5 patches in between FULL of story. And the pacing is fine.

I don't want yearly expansions. I don't want to pay for a new expansion every year. I prefer to have 3 major patches in between to fill in the "gap".

What you're proposing is awful.
    Because it condenses the story.

Right now, Blizzard is able to use the fact that they've got 24 months to tell a story from beginning to end, by spreading it very thin.

If they only had 12 months to work with, they'd have to either make each story update more impactful, or they'd have to give us more story updates.

They could no longer afford to use an entire season to tell a boring filler story like the one we got about the Dracthyr and the Black dragonflight in 10.0.7 and 10.1.

The entire second half of the expansion wouldn't just be silly season with catch up gearing anymore. Instead, it would end once the final raid is over.

It's not like the cost could remain the same if they did annual expansions.

Heck, we don't even know what their pricing model would turn into. Maybe battle passes instead. They're about to sell me a digital BlizzCon ticket in a few weeks, and that doesn't even cover the event anymore. It's just cosmetics to get you hyped.

I could see them offering some type of annual pass that unlocks a few goodies and lets you play the expansion, and maybe a premium pass that gives you even more exclusive perks, Trader's Tenders, boosts, a race change or server transfer, etc.

The expansions today range from $49.99 - $69.99, and the subscription is $14.99/month unless you do 3, 6, or 12 months at once. If you can get people to pay $2-3 more per month for access to the new expansion, you will have covered the loss of expansion sales. That's just assuming they'd remove expansion costs altogether. They might offer annual expansions at reduced prices instead.

Either way, you are wrong twice. First because this isn't awful, as long as they offer good content and make more money by doing it, and second because I'm not proposing it. I'm merely speculating, which is the point of this thread. I'm not even convinced this is something they will do, I'm only saying it is a possibility that change is coming.

WoW players tend to have this seeming inability to think outside the box sometimes. They always believe WoW will remain the same forever, despite mounting evidence of large-scale change taking place at Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Enough of Zereth Mortis.
    New leak just got posted:https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...0#post54195820

Hearthstone globe it is referring to:

2 continents Northwest of Kalimdor.

TIME to discuss some actual new stuff
    Made me smile and reminded me this

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post

It's not like the cost could remain the same if they did annual expansions.

WoW players tend to have this seeming inability to think outside the box sometimes. They always believe WoW will remain the same forever, despite mounting evidence of large-scale change taking place at Blizzard.
    Yes, mounting evidence of large-scale greed. You are absolutely not going to get a reduced price for annual expansions. That's just naive.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe in full revamp, but I realized it would be really funny to announce Cata Classic and Cata 2.0 back-to-back.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    C. and a reversion to Classic Questing as an option.
    Yeah. It's perfectly fine from lore perspective - main story will be Exile's Reach -> Dragonflight -> 11.0, every other continent lorewise is time traveling with Chromie. They just need to put copy of old world in Caverns of Time and it's done.

And imo they shouldn't care if old world is up to current standards. No flying, shitty quests - all should be kept, option to visit old world any time would be the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Maybe, I have no idea really. There was some talk of the devs working on an ambitious project which would explain them hiring that many people for classic, but that might be something else entirely.
    They just made a post that mentioned classic HC is "1.14.4". So not 1.15. It must be something else.

- - - Updated - - -

10.2 at 31-10 / 07-11?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    They just made a post that mentioned classic HC is "1.14.4". So not 1.15. It must be something else.
    Most obvious answer would be new season, but it would be waaaay to early after HC.

10.2 at 31-10 / 07-11?
    Patch week before Blizzcon is pure nonsense. Not only from devs perspective, people going to Blizzcon are definition of invested players who rather don't want skip first week of major WoW patch.

7.11 is at least possible, but imo if we see November patch, it will be 3 weeks later after Anniversary. Expac reveal is ALWAYS huge activity boost, so makes more sense to lure people with XP/rep boost and fast 10.1.7 gearing, in general everything post 10.0.2 is fresh content for "tourists". Then in 3 weeks release big patch and get second activity spike.

Only scenario where I see 4.5 seasons (0.5 as fated) and 10.3 is revealing patch this week and October release (then March for 10.3 and August for fated). Timewalking event can always be moved in calendar, it's only PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Most obvious answer would be new season, but it would be waaaay to early after HC.
    HC doesn't appeal to everyone so it's not necessarily a time block for other things. It would make sense for them to provide a new season or other new sort of content for the segment of people who have an interest in classic but not in the HC experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post

Patch week before Blizzcon is pure nonsense. Not only from devs perspective, people going to Blizzcon are definition of invested players who rather don't want skip first week of major WoW patch.

7.11 is at least possible, but imo if we see November patch, it will be 3 weeks later after Anniversary. Expac reveal is ALWAYS huge activity boost, so makes more sense to lure people with XP/rep boost and fast 10.1.7 gearing, in general everything post 10.0.2 is fresh content for "tourists". Then in 3 weeks release big patch and get second activity spike.

Only scenario where I see 4.5 seasons (0.5 as fated) and 10.3 is revealing patch this week and October release (then March for 10.3 and August for fated). Timewalking event can always be moved in calendar, it's only PTR.
    I mean yes and no. Blizzcon for 99.99% of people would not have any impact. At most you have a large segment of people not playing on friday evening to watch the WoW panels, but that's it. It takes place over the weekend so it's also not impacting the workforce that much. On top of that, If it would release on 31-10, Season 3 and the new raid wouldn't open until the following week anyway.

EK would be on the part you can't see. Northrend has a distinct fjord which is missing and Borean tundra doesnt have a bay (or whatever its called) on the left side. I see what you mean from your perspective, but its just not it. Pandaria wasn't on those old globes in Ulduar either if you're guessing those 2 small islands are old version of Zandalar.
    It's a 1:1 remake of the old Ulduar globe. Left is EK, right is Northrend, bottom is Kalimdor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's a 1:1 remake of the old Ulduar globe. Left is EK, right is Northrend, bottom is Kalimdor.
    Asumming it actually portrays Azeroth and isn't just a random globe, the position and shape of the upper left landmass is completely off for it to be EK.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Asumming it actually portrays Azeroth and isn't just a random globe, the position and shape of the upper left landmass is completely off for it to be EK.

Took some brain power to imagine what you are seeing. However, the shapes just don't match, except for Kalimdor + Teldrassil + Draenei islands. The EK "glove" so to say is also the same, but the main part is just completely different between the flat map and the globe.

There is no different flow of anything. That's what you and others are not getting. Appealing to reality also does nothing to help these arguments. Not saying you're arguing this btw, just saying this has been argued before.
    Because you're not presenting an actual argument: We're explaining to you that the people in the shadowlands experience the past, present & future in a linear progression: The present becomes the past & the future becomes the present. Then you're just saying "it's not like there's a pattern of time there regardless, not natural "beginning" nor "end", etc." except there clearly is. You're just making false statements.

In order for you to make these claims there would have to have an example of the pattern of time being experienced in a non-linear order: Which there isn't. They retain things from the past in their memories & have no knowledge of the future; just like us, the people living in linear time. With no evidence to the contrary, we have no reason to assume everything in Shadowlands AND the Twisting Nether is anything but Linear.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2023-08-19 at 02:39 PM.

Took some brain power to imagine what you are seeing. However, the shapes just don't match, except for Kalimdor + Teldrassil + Draenei islands. The EK "glove" so to say is also the same, but the main part is just completely different between the flat map and the globe.
    What?

They're the exact same it's just stretched and redrawn.

Last edited by Hitei; 2023-08-19 at 02:55 PM.

What?

They're the exact same it's just stretched and redrawn.

This one clicks for me, thanks! Although I wonder what that spooky face is in the middle

If we getcpirates there's got to be a Hook or Goonies reference

I can imagine treasure hunts, part of a map drops from a mob which gives an area, then another makes it smaller, ends in a rare and we get rewards depending on the map, blingtron would give 10k and treasures have weekly lockouts.

Use the current debuff stacks to keep from flying in certain areas and give us dynamic flight off the bat

If we get our own ship customization is limited and travel between zones is like 7.3 with pirate invasions possible but 11.1 the islands get land bridges

This one clicks for me, thanks! Although I wonder what that spooky face is in the middle
    Just supposed to be a polar ice cap I think.

Because they don't experience past, present, nor future in the Shadowlands. Sure, souls have memories of when they were alive, but that's really it.
    At this point you're just lying so transparently, you might as well just be glass.

Because they don't experience past, present, nor future in the Shadowlands. Sure, souls have memories of when they were alive, but that's really it.
    Like the examples already I gave you, they do.

They reference past events after they died constantly. The people in Oribos talk about how it used to be a bustling hub but now it isn't. The Valkyr reference the lack of incoming souls in direct reference to the past, that they then show the player a vision of. The Wild Hunt talk about having to battle the Drust for generations. Draka & Vashj reference being sent to fight the Legion as Necrolords. Souls in the maw just flat out say "I've been here a long time." These are all events that require linear time for a point of reference.
    The shape & content of any globes in the game are pretty irrelevant now that its established Titan Technology can completely hide entire landmasses, as they did with the Dragon Isles.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2023-08-19 at 04:19 PM.