Is there some way to disable invasive "Buy DF" ads?

They pop after every loading screen. At the end we play paid game. Why should we suffer from invasive ads, like if it would be some 3rd grade F2P trash?

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

7+ Year Old Account
    What ads? In WoW?

Are you in the right game forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    What ads? In WoW?

Are you in the right game forum?
    Yeah. We have "Free DF trial for month" now and it means watching invasive ads for whole month. Is there some way to disable it? Some addon?

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Yeah. We have "Free DF trial for month" now and it means watching invasive ads for whole month. Is there some way to disable it? Some addon?
    Buying Dragonflight would probably stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Buying Dragonflight would probably stop them.
    Nah. After playing "free trial" for 3rd time I still don't like DF leveling. It seems like after every subsequent xpack leveling becomes more and more shallow. Plus I'm not sure, if it's Evoker class, that is so weak, but content is little bit overtuned. And if leveling is so bad, then endgame is usually even worse.

It's just wrong. Fact, that I haven't bought DF yet, doesn't mean, that I play for free. Hey, Blizzard! Sub fee is still there! It's not ok to use invasive ads for month in paid game!
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2023-05-04 at 07:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the end we play paid game.
    As you mentioned a few times, you are in fact not playing a paid game.

Nah. After playing "free trial" for 3rd time I still don't like DF leveling. It seems like after every subsequent xpack leveling becomes more and more shallow. Plus I'm not sure, if it's Evoker class, that is so weak, but content is little bit overtuned. And if leveling is so bad, then endgame is usually even worse.

It's just wrong. Fact, that I haven't bought DF yet, doesn't mean, that I play for free. Hey, Blizzard! Sub fee is still there! It's not ok to use invasive ads for month in paid game!
    What are you even talking about?

content is little bit overtuned.
    ...what game are you playing? lol Outdoor content is completely braindead even with terrible gear

Annoyware is annoying. It occasionally gets its way too. Slowly breaking down will over time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rarely see any WoW ads, seems like an issue on your side. Try adblock.
    All though getting ads about the best MMORPG and most popular wouldn't be a big issue for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Then stop paying. Blizzard doesn't read this forum, nor would that feedback mean anything to them. Stop pretending to quit and quit like someone with self respect.

Quote Originally Posted by ztkraptor View Post
    What are you even talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    ...what game are you playing? lol Outdoor content is completely braindead even with terrible gear
    He is still playing Shadowlands because he never bought Dragonflight. Which is also why he keeps getting the message to upgrade.

What the hell are you talking about? Folks are leveling from 51-60 in literally 2 hours because the content is so easy and under-tuned. I think based on your name, and the fact you post strictly negative things constantly about wow, you're just a troll.

Why can't we get mods to just delete/ban these people who do this stuff?

Your only option would be to open up wow directly with the wow64.exe and thus skipping the b.net launcher. However, the downside is that you'd always have type in your password whenever you start the game.

Also, pretty sure it won't be active the entire month. Also, it's not invasive at all. Any third party invading the launcher with ads? No. All it does is inform you about that promotion. Kinda like steam informing you about new games whenever you log in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? Folks are leveling from 51-60 in literally 2 hours because the content is so easy and under-tuned. I think based on your name, and the fact you post strictly negative things constantly about wow, you're just a troll.

Why can't we get mods to just delete/ban these people who do this stuff?
    Yeah, this guy is delusional, and practically trolling 24/7. I mean just read his signature.
    Last edited by ceall; 2023-05-04 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    As you mentioned a few times, you are in fact not playing a paid game.
    He is, the sub is not free
    MMO Champs :

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I rarely see any WoW ads, seems like an issue on your side. Try adblock.
    All though getting ads about the best MMORPG and most popular wouldn't be a big issue for me.
    He's speaking about the in-launcher info pop-ups after opening the launcher.

Launch wow directly instead of going through the bnet launcher?

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, it's this user having a non existing issue in wow

Again
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

100% your problem and not Blizzard's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Petition threads don't really produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. If you have an issue with Battle.net Launcher or the official "What's New" feature, it would be best to take it up via Blizzard's official support apparatus. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead