Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Does anyone else miss legion?

I never missed vanilla or wotlk even though I played a lot on them back when they released and I have nice memories from them, I mostly miss Legion, I miss when lore progressed and focused on core characters, I miss the horror/demon/doom element of this expansion, bfa was kinda nice too with the war element but nagas and nzoth ruined it imo. Legion made me feel, it was really dark and scary, does anyone miss that?

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure several people do
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Early Legion sucked. When Nighthold opened it got better but before that there were lots of issues from world bosses to legendaries to artifact appearances

I miss aspects of it, but hardly the whole of Legion.
    I miss when Suramar was still new and fresh, and travelling it was a challenge in and of itself, as well as the great patch cadence that ensured it had a stready stream of new content.

I most definitely do not miss Artifact Weapon grinds. The despair of not being able to swap specs or alts, or arguably even fully enjoy my preferred main spec because of lack of the correct legiondary.
    I also definitely don't miss 7.2 and it's absolutely awful weekly "questline".

I wouldnt blanket statement that I miss any expansion as a whole, because all of them have things I liked and hated. I loved the raids of WoD for instance, but I would never coluntarily go back to that kind of expansion again. Same with BfA and its very immersive world.

- - - Updated - - -

I also definitely don't miss the garish green and black colour scheme of the Legion. It looks fine in small doses, but when almost every raid and zone had elements of it you just got tired of it after a while. Fel Fatigue was definitely in full swing by the time we got to Argus.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, legion was the start of good idea horrible execution and messed up more then it got right.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Legion had its share of problems (mostly leggo grinds and lack of good solo outdoor content, mage tower aside). Story was pretty generic.

But thanks to pvp templates my friends could enter arena without much hassle and it ended up being the funnest time i had in wow. Raids and m+ were also top notch. And as usual in final patch they eased up on previously dumb grinds, which made them much funner. All in all, solid expac 7-8/10

Only thing i miss about legion is hitting max level and being able to do rated pvp right away. No gear or other shit was requiered.

Yup, been playing since Vanilla and Legion was my favorite expansion. I may have a bit of a bias because I was a prot Warrior for all of Legion and tanks in general were extremely OP both in PvE and PvP so I had some fun there lmao.

Legion is the worst expansion yet. Systemcraft and artificial grinds began. Ridiculous legendary system. Retarded herb/potion prices for raiders.

The best part about legion was having artifact weapons, and never feeling gimped because RNG gods didn't drop your weapon for weeks.

Oh also, Suramar. probably the best zone ever.

No. I never considered Legion to be THAT good, its a lot better than most modern expansions but thats not really saying all that much. Early Legion was just an endless grind and your class felt incomplete if you didn't get the right legendaries, and it was a pain for off specs for having to refarm their artifacts. It got better towards the end at least. It both brought some good and also bad features that the game has been suffering from ever since.

It was probably my favorite expansion and everything since then has just felt like a watered down version of it

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Early Legion sucked. When Nighthold opened it got better but before that there were lots of issues from world bosses to legendaries to artifact appearances
    This right here.

Early Legion was HORRIBLE. Especially as a WL main.
    You lost an entire spec and about 60% of all abilities. You basically played a level 20 character by MoP Standards. Artifacts were supposed to fix it, but you had to decide on one spec. If you didn't like it you were fucked, since you wasted weeks of progression. Then there is the fact, that artifact knowledge did not scale automatically. You had to farm order ressources every week to keep you artifact progression steady. And even with Artifacts Demo was a huge downgrade from WoD and both Affli and Destru got objectively less fun to play as well. Imagine a DoT spec that gets converted to a burst spec. Later patches did fix Affli, though, but not Destru imo and certainly not Demo, which was the least played spec in all of Legion just after Survival Hunters.
    M+ did not give loot and depleted you key if you did not time it.
    Legendaries were VERY hit or miss. Also remember there was a hard cap after you got 2 or 3 of them.
    Suramar was extremely timegated.
    Emerald Nightmare was a very unexiting initial raid.
    Open world scaling got introduced and diminished your character development.

I don't know. I have nothing good to say about the 7.0 patch, stopped playing and only returned with 7.2.5. But then the game was fun! Because 70% of all grinding was removed by then.

I never played it but I really wish I did. WoD made me quit so hard I subconsciously ignored everything WoW until Shadowlands was announced pretty much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved it yes

Not really. Legion was a good expansion but the game is barely different at this point in time. We essentially just got through Legion 2.0 and Legion 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiregenesis View Post
    I never missed vanilla or wotlk even though I played a lot on them back when they released and I have nice memories from them, I mostly miss Legion, I miss when lore progressed and focused on core characters, I miss the horror/demon/doom element of this expansion, bfa was kinda nice too with the war element but nagas and nzoth ruined it imo. Legion made me feel, it was really dark and scary, does anyone miss that?
    Legion is 50/50 for me. It had both good and bad things. No flying till 7.2 (not sure about patch numbers - it was long ago) was bad. Broken shore was bad. No flying forever "dopamine isle" Argus was bad. AP overnerf in 7.3 was bad - 7.2 one was enough. Good things? Leveling was good. Artifacts were good. Class halls were good. WQs were good. Overall more good xpack, than bad, because bad things could have been ignored.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I have loved Legion all the way through, at that time easily the best expansion ever for me personally, but this was mainly because everything felt so new and different. If they released Legion Classic one day, I am pretty sure that not only would most people get quickly tired of it (just like it was the case with all the current classic versions), but many people would actually hate it.

It's not like BfA was dramatically different than Legion or anything. It was pretty much Legion 2.0 with a different story and content... and people hated it.

I wouldn't say MISS per se, but it was my favorite expansion.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss all expansions for various reasons but Wrath, MoP, and Legion are my top three.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..