Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

New pala, lock, druid , DH and shaman race class combos

Given the current trend, I'm almost fairly certain most classes will be available for everyone soon.

This leaves the lore intensive classes, which I doubt would remain unchanged, but I also doubt will go to everyone.

What are the most likely and/or desirable new additions you reckon we will get for these special classes?

Lock - this will prob get the biggest class race combo jump, I can see everyone but Night elves , Draennei and the two Tauren races getting those altho

1. Highmountain have the blood totem to draw from
    2 . Night elves could instead have Illidari night elves able to be warlocks instead of normal ones.
    3. Dranaei however would need Eredar customisations to make this happen.

Pala: nightborne, night elf for sure via blood elves etc. In fact the only race imm nit sure will get them are Vulpera.

Druid. Pandas, Nightborne, void elves, human and blood elves - I cant see forsaken or gnomes getting the . Orcs do have a way through the Draenei thing but they are like mortal enemies, so I doubt it.

Demon hunters : void elves and nightborne off course. Orcs and Draneei as well as High Mountain - again for Draenei, those Eredar Man'ari customisations

Shaman: Night elves, Humans, Nightborne, Void elves (entropy), Blood elves and Gnomes I can see getting them - in fact I can see every race being able to once goblins could. You dont even need the Pri alist revival to do so, but that has ope ed the door for everyone.

Your guesses ?

10+ Year Old Account
    After SL all combos should be possible. There is no need to block it behind lorewise propaganda. But ofc its part of NEW content so they gonna scrap it piece by piece for a long term.
    Last edited by czarek; 2023-03-22 at 02:33 PM.

Void elf Paladin: the Twilight's Hammer employed paladins who retained their Light spells despite living in the Bastion of Twilight, the greatest monument to Old God power on Azeroth, and despite being surrounded by Void energy and Void users. So there's no reason why Void elves can't be Paladins.

Void elf Druid: the Void and Life combined in the Emerald Nightmare, so there's no reason why Void elves can't be Druids.

Void elf Demon Hunters: Hearthstone already has them so there's no reason why WoW can't either.

Void elf Shaman: Garrosh's Dark Shamans were using shadow magic to bend the Elements to the evil warchief's will, so there's no reason why Void elves can't be Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    3. Dranaei however would need Eredar customisations to make this happen.
    Not really. We have draenei using fel just fine in early WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I thought, that Blizzards' initial plan was - to allow all race/class combos in order to make game fully inclusive. But Ion started to backpedal in recent interview. All this old BS about justifying new combos via lore.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2023-03-22 at 03:36 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm always down for more race + class combinations as long as they make sense. I'm still holding out for Orc + Draenei Demon Hunters. Perhaps as the Forsaken's story continues to develop we may see Forsaken Paladins, moving away from the lore of the Holy Light naturally harming Forsaken.

A couple suggestions in this thread scrape the bottom of the barrel of barely making sense. Let's hope no more Void Elf combinations are implemented for the sake of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I thought, that Blizzards' initial plan was - to allow all race/class combos in order to make game fully inclusive. But Ion started to backpedal in recent interview. All this old BS about justifying new combos via lore.
    Imho its him trying to explain, badly, how mechanically it takes time to impliament them, not defending him but rathe rI think they probably will, give every race/class combo but the plan will be that they have to do it in lots, for example:

Druids need druid forms, that takes time to make models for, paladins need unique mounts for each race, shamans need unique totems, demon hunters need unique demon hunter appearences for each race, evokers, well, yeah.

The other classes are actually easier because they are basically just visual, there are no racial specific barriers for them.

So unless they hedgemonised unique features for those classes they probably will need time to impliament them.

The easiest ones are Paladin and Shaman because you just need to make a mount for every race to do paladin and shaman only needs totems, druids however is a bit harder cause of the different skin tones which means having to programme 5-6 new models per form.

Druids I think will be the last of the classes that everyone can play, since it takes a loooong time to make those functional scripting wise in a way that doesnt accidently turn a troll into a worgen cat form.

Other than that, the demon hunter will be hard too because it means having to make new skin hues and customisation for EVERY race over time, same with Evoker with Draconic features.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Tbh except for DH/Evoker every race should be every class.

Night Elf Paladins gotta be next, they’re already known to be possible via the two nelf Paladins in Legion.

Humans/Kul Tirans/Worgen/Undead should all have the same classes. Totems/Druid forms/Paladin mount could be shared between these four if blizzard wanted to.

Warlocks: We’ve seen every race with warlocks already I’m pretty sure.

Druids are the only tricky class I’d see because of all the Druid forms. Though a Nightborne Druid would look sick imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    After SL all combos should be possible. There is no need to block it behind lorewise propaganda. But ofc its part of NEW content so they gonna scrap it piece by piece for a long term.
    Very much this. They promised us heritage armor for every race and we are still missing several sets years later. And transmog sets are way easier to implement then race/class combos (since they want to justify it by building up lore).

7+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting on Forsaken and Worgen Paladins, as well as Draenei and Night Elf Warlocks. Also, how come we still don't have Draenei and Orc Demon Hunters??

Locks are more than likely next because they don't need any cosmetic changes just...lore
    We've seen with the orc and Tauren priest trainers that having someone say where the fuck those came from kinda works but with locks we might need a little more

Tauren(both), Kul Tiran, Pandaran, Zandalari, and to a lesser extent Mag'har could probably have just the trainer sitting there saying "hey we can be locks now here's why <insert little lore thing in why they always existed or now exist and how they keep it a secret>". For Tauren they could have the trainers in org instead of Thunder Bluff as it shows them training in secret.

But Night Elves, Dranaei and ESPECIALLY LightForged aren't exactly ...tolarant of this they would actually need something a little more substantial. Personally I like the idea of LF Dranaei actually light bounding the demons and they have a special cosmetic compared to other locks but still use Fel but that's just me

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    But Night Elves, Dranaei and ESPECIALLY LightForged aren't exactly ...tolarant of this they would actually need something a little more substantial. Personally I like the idea of LF Dranaei actually light bounding the demons and they have a special cosmetic compared to other locks but still use Fel but that's just me
    Tbh with exiles reach these races don’t really need to be tolerant since most people won’t be starting in their racial starting zone.
    Since warlocks of other races are allowed in the horde/alliance why not warlocks of night elves/Draenei?

There can be some lore thing or special text that warlocks of these races get when entering the city. Kind of like Void Elves entering the Cathedral of Light.

Or hell there could be some lore of the warlocks of those races are very few in number/maybe the player is one of the few.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Tbh with exiles reach these races don’t really need to be tolerant since most people won’t be starting in their racial starting zone.
    Since warlocks of other races are allowed in the horde/alliance why not warlocks of night elves/Draenei?

There can be some lore thing or special text that warlocks of these races get when entering the city. Kind of like Void Elves entering the Cathedral of Light.

Or hell there could be some lore of the warlocks of those races are very few in number/maybe the player is one of the few.
    Actually got a point with the night elves Darnassus is effectively gone so new Night Elves are funneled through Stormwind. They then go through BFA where Darnassus is a pile of ash so new Night Elves learning how to Warlock and hiding it isn't a BIG stretch

Our space goat friends though is another story

My guess is Shaman.

Because Trolls are one paladin away from getting all classes.
    Zandalari are one warlock away from getting all classes.
    Dwarves are one druid away from getting all classes.

I have this feeling that allowing one race to play all classes is like all hell breaking loose.

As for lore reasons, I will just copy paste what I posted on reddit.

Warlock - Anyone : You're ambitious and you're pretty reckless (the kind that brings a shotgun to the party, really) but you're too lazy to get fit and become a warrior and you failed at mage school. But you're convinced that you have more willpower than an imp and that subduing the terrifying demons will make you part of the cool kids. Luckily for you, no matter how forbidden dark magic is in your culture, the Horde and the Alliance provide enough hidden places to practice, as long as you're cautious not to get caught.

Paladin - Anyone : You have a strong belief in Something. And that belief is stronger than the belief in some sort of cosmic balance. What you consider evil should be purged and Something will help you just do that. You can almost hear it, unless it's the voice of your own self-righteousness pushing you forward.

(Warning : channeling the Light of Something into your body may result in insufferable pain and agony depending on the cosmic orientation of your body.)

Druid - Dwarves : Wildhammer are the closest to Nature and in the RPG they already had druidic abilities. As for the Dark Iron, well I guess they'd be natural Druids of the Flame.

Druid - Goblins, Gnomes & Mechagnomes : Although gnomes and goblins could be straightforward environmentalists, mechagnomes are known to have replaced their island ecosystems with robot animals. I think they could have robot-animal forms and just be Transformers. Goblins could make deal with nature spirits like their shamans do with elementals, although that's even harder to wrap your head around.

Druid Nightborne, Blood elves, Void elves : These people have already proven they can mix arcane and nature to get things even prettier than actual nature. Now they just need Eco-sensitivity training.

Druid - Undead : Kul tiran bragged about their druidism of Life and Death. You'll have to make do with just Death. But it's all a circle, right ? So the rot you leave behind will be the mold for a new life.

Druid - Human : The gilnean practiced it before they were worgen. Having a connection to the Dream really helped though, so the path might just be a little harder for you.

Druid - Lightforged & Draenei : Life is the Light and the Light is Life itself. So there's probably some doorway here that can lead the Light worshipers to druidism. If not, Blizzard will just have to make it.

Personally I'm thinking about all those magical crystals the draenei have. Couldn't they store the spirits of fauna from broken worlds ? And draenei would be able to channel these creatures so their spirits could manifest through them.

Druid - Orcs, Mag'har, Vulperas, Pandarens : They don't really need much explanations. They have the means and the spirituality, all they need is the teachings or the patience.

Shaman - Anyone : Primalists are proof that anyone can be the lapdog of the elements and get granted powers accordingly. But Shaman is also about contacting the spirits of the ancestors or animals.

Shaman - Gnomes & Mechagnomes : Again, gnomes could be genuinely interested in contacting the elements. Since the elementals are primordial individuals devoid of rationality, shaman gnomes could be elemental shrinks, trying to reason them into a balanced environment. Mechagnomes could build their way to the elemental planes to channel these renewable energies.

As for the spirits of the ancestors and the rest, I'm sure they can build some sort of Ouija-computer. But if they go too far down their lineage, they might just find some big clockwork... Which could in turn be the Something for their paladins !

Shaman - Human, Worgen & Undead : Kul tiran can do it so Human and Worgen should be able to. In fact we already have an alleged worgen shaman in Ashenvale. Humans would also need to stray away from the practices of the Light and return to their vrykul roots in order to channel the power of their ancestors. Worgens would also have some privileged bond with wolves spirits.

Undead know the suffering from the Scourge all too well, so they'd be the most likely to empathize with the crippled elements from Lordaeron. And what if these elements remain bitter and hostile to their sane brethren ? Then this would really be a match. The tragedy of Lordaeron would make it so that the spirits of their "ancestors" would just be close relatives...

Shaman - Night elves : Kaldorei have a "proper" understanding of a balanced environment. If you put that together with elemental contact you get proper NE shamans. Now for the ancestor spirits, they could just call the wisps, go beyond and find their ancestors in the arms of Elune or more recently contact the fallen of Teldrassil in the new world tree that is to grow.

Shaman - Blood elves, Nightborne, Void elves : The Arcane allows you to bind elementals. All they need is the spirituality. You can also contact the dead with Arcane. You can do pretty much anything with arcane, but it's often frowned upon.

Shaman - Lightforged : Like Draenei, they have the means and the mentors, they just need the spirituality and open mind. Maybe touching elementals with the Light can appease them like it brings peace to spirits. Maybe the ancestors could be fallen members of the Army of Light, united in spirits and resonating through these soul-speakers.

Demon Hunter - Anyone : I don't really see the need or the point. But I could see it being opened to Orcs and Draenei, Void elves and Nightborne, Zandalari and Lightforged.

Evoker/Dracthyr - Anyone : For me they would be other Visage forms for the dracthyr, not the proper race itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want a Worgen Shaman, don't think I really care about any of the other class combos not available...well maybe Draenei Warlock

Just give me a Human Shaman already!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    As long as they gatekeep forsaken paladins, everything else is ok
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    My guess is Shaman.

Because Trolls are one paladin away from getting all classes.
    Zandalari are one warlock away from getting all classes.
    Dwarves are one druid away from getting all classes.
    I think you missed that this expansion alone has changed Tauren from the race with the least options to being 1 warlock away from being the race with the most?

It's criminal Shaman hasn't got any new races so far this xpac given the theme of the xpac and the fact we see nelf shamans, amongst others, within the Primalists.
    Still time though, so one can hope..

Would love new Druid races as well!

So the thing with a few options is that, they need new models made

Paladins gotta have a racial paladin mount, sometimes 2 of them (though for most the 1st one is just the regular mount reskinned)
    Shamans need their 4 totems
    Druids need their 5, maybe 6 forms (Bear, cat, moonkin, flight, travel, and maybe aquatic)
    DHs have a whole heap of customisations which.... May or may not come through, but at least need 4 demon models (DPS/Tank demon, gender)

Warlocks are thes ones who would be the easiest, as they don't need any specific models to them. Outside of warlocks, I'm still a big supporter for NElfadins finally coming after Legion, but Warlocks are for sure the easiest to just, give to everyone