Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynexia View Post
    Legit asking I want to play my alt but the current overworld (outdoor) activities are so fucking boring. Quest chains are fun the first time but absolutely boring beyond measure the next few times specially when I just spent days questing and doing dungeons to get to 70.

I wanna get into raids but it just seems like the catch up is too slow... Having to farm world quests for flight stones and doing the same story quests that I was only vaguely interested in the first time.... I genuinely have no idea how you do it... I really would like to play a second character but I just... I crave new experiences... raiding as a different role/class is new enough for me but questing the same quests isn't.

So how do you have the mental capacity to do it? I really need to know lol. Every time I log into my new character and realize I can't do the activities I want to I just lose interest... it happens every time... What motivates you to keep doing the same content over and over? asking for my 6 level 70 alts that all have literally less than ilvl 420 gear because I just don't have the motivation.
    The flightstones really piss me off. Since I just PVP it's kinda streamlined and if I'm having fun I zone out while I'm gathering the necessary flightstones but it's such a bad system, its' difficult to engage in the gearing curve since it's so EASY now but it's tedious af.

So yeah maybe bad suggestion but you get flightstones from PVP activities too, otherwise I wish you good luck in finding your flightstones.
    Writes insightful, well-mannered posts in the Community Council.

I see this OP keep posting complain-threads and rejecting solutions in every one of them, so just complaining and whining for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i mean its not like dungeons/raids/outdoor content was different in legion...

class campaigns had some great moments, though fair share of dull too, but they were one and done, and took what, 4h each? if we include all from begining to broken shore patch class mount q line (if we ignore the incredibly stupid quests like do 5 12h folower misions)
    dont get me wrong, i would like something like that in DF, but it was really small part of "endgame" content, rest was not that different from today...
    Outdoor content not different?????

The difference is night and day. You could also progress through WQ, quest lines etc with AP, every class had their own class campaign. You had different mage towers to progress through, the class mount quest was dull but each end quest was good so you played through those. You had Suramar as an end game quest line, were are those now? You could do the balance of power questline to get awesome skins for your weapon, those were unique.

Legion made it an effort to earn stuff, meaningful content. Even if you didnt have something of those mentioned to do you progressed through AP. There was always something.

I dont get why people have to defend current
    content this much, the difference is HUGE. Legion was a dream playing alts. Its nothing like that now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I just have a timer on my phone remembering me every hour,
    This is soo sick and sooo wrong...smh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grof View Post
    This is soo sick and sooo wrong...smh!!!
    And why exactly is that?

What a weird thing to say

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereb View Post
    And why exactly is that?

What a weird thing to say
    timer on phone for freakin game is not wierd for you...comon you can do better...you are both wierdos!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    You could also progress through WQ
    ... unlike now, where there are no world quests, right? so different...

every class had their own class campaign.
    ME: "other than class campaign there was not much difference"
    you: "but you could do class campaign!"
    did...did you even read what i wrote? or were you not capable of understanding it?

You had different mage towers to progress through,
    ill give you that, we had mage towers in legion, on the other hand we have feast, storms, digs, researchers, hunts, keep siege, superbloom, dragon races in DF...
    also, mage towers were one and done, as class quests

the class mount quest was dull but each end quest was good so you played through those.
    covered by campaign, do you have so little arguments you have to split them to make it look more?

You had Suramar as an end game quest line, were are those now?
    we had q lines for 4 "original" factions, then for niffen and dream, q line about dracthyr, about flights...

You could do the balance of power questline
    which was literaly just go kill different raid bosses... like the rewards were cool looking, but its not like we dont get shitload of transmog in DF...

I dont get why people have to defend current content this much, the difference is HUGE.
    Legion was a dream playing alts. Its nothing like that now.
    why others have to shit on it, often with made up, easily disproven arguments?
    i loved legion but as i said, outside of class campaigns that were one and done, and mage tower (which technicaly could be cosidered part of class campaign) there was nothing that we dont have now... on the other hand we have plenty (already mentioned) now that we did not in legion...

really all your arguments you mentioned could be sumarised into "more one-time questlines"...
    like great if thats what you want, but how much of a difference it did past first week of content update on alts? you finished q line once (per char) and since then it was all the same, which in open world meant world quests only, at least now there are different activities in open world...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2024-03-17 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grof View Post
    timer on phone for freakin game is not wierd for you...comon you can do better...you are both wierdos!!!
    Setting a timer for something you want to remember, in this case a goal for a game, is not weird at all wth lmao

If anything it's just efficient. What because it's a video game setting a timer is taboo because reasons? Setting a timer takes all of 10 seconds. Super weird take gramps

Quote Originally Posted by Lynexia View Post
    Legit asking I want to play my alt but the current overworld (outdoor) activities are so fucking boring. Quest chains are fun the first time but absolutely boring beyond measure the next few times specially when I just spent days questing and doing dungeons to get to 70.

I wanna get into raids but it just seems like the catch up is too slow... Having to farm world quests for flight stones and doing the same story quests that I was only vaguely interested in the first time.... I genuinely have no idea how you do it... I really would like to play a second character but I just... I crave new experiences... raiding as a different role/class is new enough for me but questing the same quests isn't.

So how do you have the mental capacity to do it? I really need to know lol. Every time I log into my new character and realize I can't do the activities I want to I just lose interest... it happens every time... What motivates you to keep doing the same content over and over? asking for my 6 level 70 alts that all have literally less than ilvl 420 gear because I just don't have the motivation.
    Concept of alts is actually pretty simple. There is moment, when you inevitably run out of ordinal content to do. So you have to think about grinding something. I.e. doing the same things again, again and again. Every day. Something, that gives you some sense of progression. Be it artifact power, azerite or anima. Altoholics do exactly the same. They do the same things again, again and again. They essentially grind the same way, you do it. Difference is - they have real progression, while you have just illusion of it. Because +0.00000000000001% of DPS isn't worth time wasted on grinding it. When I do something like that - my brain starts being drilled by idea, that I just waste my time and effort. Yeah. One would say, that having 100500 undergeared alts - isn't real progress. For me it is. It depends purely on your goal. You may want to have classes with all 4 armor types. You may want to have classes with all weapon types. You may want to have all classes. You may want to have all classes for both factions. You may want to try different races. You may want to fill all character slots on your account. You may want to create new accounts to have extra slots. "Collecting" alts - isn't different from collecting mounts or pets. That's it.

Ask yourself simple question. Why do people play seasons in Diablo, if they're all essentially the same?
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2024-03-17 at 03:55 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Easy. Pick a class combination you want and grind. It's not boring if you pick different zones all the time. I have 19 characters now.

I dont get why people have to defend current
    content this much, the difference is HUGE. Legion was a dream playing alts. Its nothing like that now.
    Maybe towards the end but it certainly wasn't at the beginning. In fact, the only reason I've ever quit WoW due to how it was being designed was during Legion and it was because I wanted to reroll and couldn't due to the absolutely insane amounts of grinding I'd have to do to be able to get a Mythic raid level alt ready.

As someone who super recently did a new character from scratch, I can say it's all determination.
    It took me literally 3 weeks of m+ and normal/heroic raid clears to reach ilvl 485+ on my ret. It's 488 now, legendary included just 6 weeks after hitting lvl 70. Never entered a mythic raid.

I did all this while still progressing through M amirdrassil twice a week on my main at the time.

Quick breakdown of what I did:
    -get lvl 70
    -trade over some flightstone gear pieces
    -do the emerald dream campaign for the free gears
    -do lfr and ED world boss
    -craft heroic weapon from free enchanted wyrm crest after killing lfr fyrakk
    -->be around 445 by now
    -spam m+ with own key
    -craft embellishment pieces when possible (even with whelpling crests are worth it)
    -do normal raid
    -do heroic raid
    -rinse repeat for a few weeks
    -->end when you're satisfied

For me, playing alts is simple. What do i want to RP?.
    My last alt was a Female Warrior troll, using an awesome looking transmog combo + professions that would match her style. I used a spear for Arms and one handed axes for dw fury build.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Maybe towards the end but it certainly wasn't at the beginning. In fact, the only reason I've ever quit WoW due to how it was being designed was during Legion and it was because I wanted to reroll and couldn't due to the absolutely insane amounts of grinding I'd have to do to be able to get a Mythic raid level alt ready.
    Well for that part it got a lot easier already january after launch with 7.1.5. But its not about having your alts at mythic raid level. You talk about people not knowing the player base often, but we all know that the big majority of the player base doesnt do raid at mythic level, even more in Legion than now. So your experience isn't true for more than a small portion of the player base. You could easily have one mythic raid ready and then have alts where you just do the content without being competetive.

I am talking at the basic alt level here, you ding and you got content ahead of you which you can do. That's the same thing for everyone.

The difference between Legion and Dragonflight is big in that regard.

Well for that part it got a lot easier already january after launch with 7.1.5. But its not about having your alts at mythic raid level. You talk about people not knowing the player base often, but we all know that the big majority of the player base doesnt do raid at mythic level, even more in Legion than now. So your experience isn't true for more than a small portion of the player base. You could easily have one mythic raid ready and then have alts where you just do the content without being competetive.

I am talking at the basic alt level here, you ding and you got content ahead of you which you can do. That's the same thing for everyone.

The difference between Legion and Dragonflight is big in that regard.
    I mean, you have three entire quest campaigns you can complete once you ding in DF so that's not entirely true either. I guess they're more optional in DF than they were in Legion but I don't know if I'd consider that a good thing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Run Vanilla dungeons to 60, for teh mogs, then to 70 depending on which zone this week gives xp buff...also timewalking if its up