Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

I was recently looking for an addon I saw in a video.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/news-2/t...es-blue-posts/

I was wondering what addon he was using to track the flameshock, lava burst, chain lightning and lightning bolt spells. It looked pretty interesting and wanted to mess around with it.

LF addon that shows who EACH of my arena enemies have targeted.
    (in 5s it'll show who each enemy is targetting)

Quote Originally Posted by martinkaca
    I was recently looking for an addon I saw in a video.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/news-2/t...es-blue-posts/

I was wondering what addon he was using to track the flameshock, lava burst, chain lightning and lightning bolt spells. It looked pretty interesting and wanted to mess around with it.
    I believe that is called Event Horizon.
    Origins 10 Man Strict Guild Now Recruting!

Mad props to Sokogeka for sig.

10+ Year Old Account

How can I make grid only show my hots? At the moment I am seeing other druids hots on my grid and its rather annoying. Thanks.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a first come first served type mod. I've been using Serious Help in Timing on my ret paladin but I'd like a mod that I can use on other classes too. I tried Destruction for dummies but I really missed the 2 icons (the spell you should cast and the spell that you should cast next) as I find that too be rather helpful. Really I'm looking for something that has the same UI as SHT but is can be customised for other specs and classes.

LF very nice feral druid Pve UI
    and looking for a very nice PVP holy pally UI
    thanks

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

@Ankzu
    In the config for each buff in Grid, there is a checkbox for "show mine", or just "mine", I do believe.

15+ Year Old Account

1. How can I with PitBull 3 make my player frame show vehicle's health and power instead of my player's pet frame (when I am inside a vehicle)?
    2. How can I make Vehicle Bar visible with Bartender 4? I have it enabled, but it's not there (even when I enter unlock-mode). I think it's because it's somewhere out of the screen or something maybe. I thought about lowering the UI scale and find it that way (more low than 0.64), or do I need to reset Bartender?

Deleted

Another pitbull 3.0 problem:

how I can change this layout?
    I'm getting really tired of that, and I would like it to be more "flat",
    not like that metallic layout.

Deleted

Im looking for a specific Minimap Addon that Ive seen in alot of UI's these days, but havent been able to figure out its name.

Its the one that makes your minimap border glow in a blue color, and also creates a sort of pattern arround it.

Found a screenshot with the minimap addon Im looking for, if anyone could name I would greatly appreciate it.

http://img260.imageshack.us/i/alonex.jpg/

Quote Originally Posted by Thargam
    Im looking for a specific Minimap Addon that Ive seen in alot of UI's these days, but havent been able to figure out its name.

Its the one that makes your minimap border glow in a blue color, and also creates a sort of pattern arround it.

Found a screenshot with the minimap addon Im looking for, if anyone could name I would greatly appreciate it.

http://img260.imageshack.us/i/alonex.jpg/
    I had one like this i think it was sexymap or sumthin. when i 'installed' it that pattern was the default. Not sure if its true for everyone tho but im sure you can set/change the pattern

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    1. How can I with PitBull 3 make my player frame show vehicle's health and power instead of my player's pet frame (when I am inside a vehicle)?
    2. How can I make Vehicle Bar visible with Bartender 4? I have it enabled, but it's not there (even when I enter unlock-mode). I think it's because it's somewhere out of the screen or something maybe. I thought about lowering the UI scale and find it that way (more low than 0.64), or do I need to reset Bartender?
    To answer question 2....Ive had this happen with a few bars, mainly my stance bar on my warrior and druid, if you go into the BT4 options and for that bar there are position options, you can reset the values there which will bring the bar back onto the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Suoma
    Another pitbull 3.0 problem:

how I can change this layout?
    I'm getting really tired of that, and I would like it to be more "flat",
    not like that metallic layout.
    dunno if this rly helps but you could change the layou to "armory" style (dunno if this is a file from sharedmeia tho)...but this is a pretty decent looking flat style

rgds

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER
    I had one like this i think it was sexymap or sumthin. when i 'installed' it that pattern was the default. Not sure if its true for everyone tho but im sure you can set/change the pattern
    Cheers man, Found it!

What I would need now to complete my UI, is some sort of addon so that I can move blizzards standard buff/debuff frames. I like Blizzards system, I Just would like to be able to move them arround.

Any ideas or recommendations for such a addon?

Cheers man, Found it!

What I would need now to complete my UI, is some sort of addon so that I can move blizzards standard buff/debuff frames. I like Blizzards system, I Just would like to be able to move them arround.

Bison keeps the blizzard look of buffs and debuffs ( if you want it to ) but makes the frames movable and otherwise customizable.. Give it a shot

Cheers man, Found it!

Satrina's Buff Frames, or something along those lines. Keeps the same blizzard icons, you can change the size along with the text's size/format, has filters, etc.

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/4...5599677673.jpg
    Any idea what unit frames these are?

Quote Originally Posted by arelinis
    I was wondering if anyone knew what unit frames this guy uses. Any info would be awesome!! =D

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3...chron72khp.jpg
    Stuf Unit Frames by 'totalpackage'.

15+ Year Old Account

I am quite annoyed because of some small details about my UI. I am not sure if it's normal or not, but I thought I'll give it a chance and ask here. You see not every line in my UI are fine as the others. Some of the border lines can be thicker and darker/lighter color than other lines from same panel. Take for instant PitBull. If I make it's width 241, the line to the left becomes less fine and good looking than the line to the right, so I make it 242 (1 pixel bigger) and the left line becomes fine as normal, but now the right line look crap. It sounds weird, but I'll post a picture, and use you good eyes, if you want to notice it: http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw32353.jpg

I read something, and was thinking if it's because I am using some kind of wrong UI scale (screen resolution = 1920 x 1080) (UI scale = 0.64)?

Hello i'm haveing a strange problem with my grid that maybe anyone know's a solution too?

My problem is any time someone gets a debuff They on my grid frames get faded in as if they are in range of my heals when they are actually not. This can get quite confusing for me sometimes. I didn't have this problem on my old PC but when i got this laptop that i use from time to time it happens. Now the only difference between now and then that i would assume are connected is that i installed that grid raiddebuffs addon.

Heres a screenshot i marked the people with a white circle =/

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/5...1509203637.jpg

Anyone able to help? gets quite annoying