Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Holy Paladin - what trinkets should I use

I have the following trinkets:

Soul of the Dead
    Forethought Talisman
    Figurine - Sappire Owl
    Mercurial Alchemist Stone

I am uncertain what to use, which ones would you prefer?
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Re: Holy Paladin - what trinkets should I use

Soul of the Dead and Sapphire Owl, can use the Alchemist's Stone on fights where you don't need to use Plea or the Owl use

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    Soul of the Dead and Sapphire Owl, can use the Alchemist's Stone on fights where you don't need to use Plea or the Owl use

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Yup, thats what I thought, don't know why I went for that Forethough Talisman :/
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Quote Originally Posted by Googolplex
    Yup, thats what I thought, don't know why I went for that Forethough Talisman :/
    If you don't need the Int from the Owl, I would say that Forethought Talisman is better than Alchemist's Stone. If you don't need the Int, then you're definately not going to be drinking mana pots, so that part is just wasted. Also, Haste is not really something we need more of right now. We have so much built in, that more is just not necessary. If you're decently geared, you should be soft-capped on haste anyway.

The spellpower on Talisman is very nice and, when I was using it, I found the proc to be between 3-6 percent of my healing. It's not much, but it's more value than you'll get out of the Stone.

111 SP and tiny proc > 59 SP and 50 Haste
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Soul of the Dead & Illustration of the Dragon Soul imo. :P

I've seen the Illustration drop a couple of times but ended up passing to players with lesser trinkets that are bigger upgrades because I use both Soul of the Dead & the Forethough Talisman already.

well poo, I forgot I was Prot when I made my sig

Quote Originally Posted by hmg00s3
    Soul of the Dead & Illustration of the Dragon Soul imo. :P

I've seen the Illustration drop a couple of times but ended up passing to players with lesser trinkets that are bigger upgrades because I use both Soul of the Dead & the Forethough Talisman already.
    The problem with using Illustration is that if you're using it over a mana trinket, the likely hood is you probably won't be spamming so the buff has a higher probability to drop off, lowering its value massively.

Obviously you can just keep track of it, but that requires paying attention on farm runs :P

The reason I'd personally take the Stone over Forethought, is because the haste is likely to be more valuable than the SP, although it would be tight depending on your luck on the proc

Well I am always in the 5sr so it would always be up. I have over a 27k mana pool and the only fight I sometimes go oom on is Instructor in the Military Wing because I do nothing but spam Holy Lights the entire fight and half the time I die because I have more threat then the OT when MC breaks on the adds. And if I'm running with terrible DPS, I'll sometimes go oom on 5 minute Patchwerks. lol

Honestly, The SP you get from most naxx 10 gear is really enough. focus on crit. If you stack int. enough then SP becomes redundant because your using HL more often and overhealing anyways. crit and procs in my opinion tend to be more useful. so items like soul of the dead are more useful to you

Yea but when Ulduar comes out, you'll be needing the SP because there will be much more dmg going out then this easy mode /RollFaceAcrossKeyboardAndClearNaxx nonsense. Unbuffed I'm 10 SP shy of 2200 with like 1250 intel. I'm so close to 40% Holy crit and I can sometimes reach it if I go with that one trinket from Heroic HoS, Forge Ember I think it's called.

I have never unequipped the soul of the dead since I got it.

I do however rotate out between the talisman, the owl, and even the egg.
    I used the owl on our sarth 3d 10 man because with it I have over 30k mana along with the extra mana pot use from it.
    I Surf on Exodus Tears

15+ Year Old Account

100% agree that if you're a JCer then put on sapphire owl with x2 +16int or x2 +27int gems. Its a perfect trinket to have when DP is on CD or you dont want to lose 50% of your healing for 15sec in a heated fight and need quick mana.

It was hard letting mine go but i finally got the 2 best healing trinkets in naxx25 finally so its retired in the bank .

Quote Originally Posted by Googolplex
    I have the following trinkets:

Soul of the Dead
    Forethought Talisman
    Figurine - Sappire Owl
    Mercurial Alchemist Stone

I am uncertain what to use, which ones would you prefer?
    Soul of the Dead and Owl, for sure.

Forethought is terrible (and if you don't agree I will ask one WWS of yours so I can prove it), and Alchemist Stone is quite underpowered as a trinket, since it doesn't work with Crazy Alchemist's Potion (unless it procs an runid but who cares)

The problem with using Illustration is that if you're using it over a mana trinket, the likely hood is you probably won't be spamming so the buff has a higher probability to drop off, lowering its value massively.
    If you ever go 10 seconds without casting a spell, something is wrong.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

I use Illustration + Forethought for my FoL spam set, Illustration + Soul of the Dead for my balanced set. I guess I would use Owl + Soul for a Holy Light spam set, but I haven't felt any need to spam HL for months now.
    Ephemera - Grievance - Thrall [H]
    Sybilfawlty - We Have Cookies - Stormrage [A]

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    If you ever go 10 seconds without casting a spell, something is wrong.
    As I said, on farm content, theres a much higher chance as you'll either not be paying full attention or just being lazy

Dark moon card greatness: 90 int and int socketed jc trinket, int is the absolute best overall stat to have as a holy pally, you can never have to much.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNamic
    int is the absolute best overall stat to have as a holy pally, you can never have to much.
    Once you have enough Int to spam as many HLs as you want for the duration of any fight, you have enough Int. At that point you'll be better served by stacking SP/Crit. Learn to swing at bosses. This will be a main source of our mana regen in 3.1.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Once you have enough Int to spam as many HLs as you want for the duration of any fight, you have enough Int. At that point you'll be better served by stacking SP/Crit. Learn to swing at bosses. This will be a main source of our mana regen in 3.1.
    Have you done ulduar yet? I'm assuming you havent, because you will hardly ever have chances to swing at bosses.