Thread: Post Your UI

A combat screenshot

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-05-15 at 08:51 AM.

Need feedback
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-05-15 at 11:34 AM.
    The Hanso Foundation. Reaching out to a better tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    A combat screenshot

Really nice Coldkil ..where did you get it?

Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2011-05-17 at 07:25 AM.

Deleted

New-ish UI, heavily based of carebear´s UI.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-05-15 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    Can you tell me what raid frames you're using?
    Shadowed Unit Frames. I changed all the class colors though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Growlzor; 2011-05-15 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Medeah View Post

Need feedback
    Actually one of the better UI's I've seen that actually make good use of the blizzard ui frames. Any special tricks you use to make that actually viewable without dominating the entire screen? UI scale? additional addon? Anything

In Action

Passive in town
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-05-15 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by randommagic View Post
    In Action

Passive in town
    Not good. Why?
    - Most of the addon are not configured, apart moving something and change skin/colors.
    - Huge chat, recount, party frames. Really not needed.
    - The fact you need 3 screens to have a good gameplay vision is not good. You have a deformed vision of the sides (fisheyes) and if you look at your screen, there is actually nothing there. You can achieve the same result with one monitor only, provided is big enough (22+).
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2011-05-16 at 03:56 AM.

i didn't realize it was "insult other people's UI" but oh well

i dont know about you but alot of the time spend in wow is spend chatting with other people, maybe you dont? but i do so i like having a big chat frame.

so how about you show me your "imba wtf pwn" UI since mine is so terrible and insanely poor made lol

Edit : if configuring addons isnt color / moving / choosing what data you want displayed, then what is ? im just curious
    Last edited by randommagic; 2011-05-16 at 08:18 AM.

here
    A combat screenshot

BTW, it's not "insulting" it's "criticism". I only stated what your UI is made of, your choice to improve it or keep it like that. Beauty stays in the eye of the beholder.

Deleted
    here

BTW, it's not "insulting" it's "criticism". I only stated what your UI is made of, your choice to improve it or keep it like that. Beauty stays in the eye of the beholder.
    Looks good Coldkil, one thing to mention. Do you really need to see the buff duration of buffs that are above say 2 minutes? You have things displayed such as kings etc that have 57 minutes remaining, should disable those for neatness.

Oh and I dont know if its much of an issue to you, but your minimap appears to be off center, at least that what it looks like relative to your player and target frames, it makes everything look off.

Finally, try using a pixel font for your chat, having pixel fonts for all of your other frames, including combat text, makes it looks awkward (:
    Last edited by mmoc53321d8500; 2011-05-16 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cark View Post
    Looks good Coldkil, one thing to mention. Do you really need to see the buff duration of buffs that are above say 2 minutes? You have things displayed such as kings etc that have 57 minutes remaining, should disable those for neatness.

Oh and I dont know if its much of an issue to you, but your minimap appears to be off center, at least that what it looks like relative to your player and target frames, it makes everything look off.
    You are right about buff duration, but i needed a simple reskin, so i didn't pay much attention at that. Gonna give a try.

For the minimap, it's perfectly aligned in center, i9 use a grid for alignement and it's respected; the fact is that resizing the minimap under 140x140 is giving me strange behaviors; more in detail, the center of it seems a little off, so it gives the impression you are experiencing.

I'm still thinking about it, that position looks cool but a bigger minimap becomes in the way (at least on my screen, not if you have a 24+). Another goof place for it could be the lower right corner since it's just empty space.

WiP:
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-05-16 at 04:15 PM.

Deleted
    Nice, UI Lustinus

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.

Deleted
    Zhinkis, nice Ui i like it...... Looks really clean

Quote Originally Posted by dazzieboo View Post

{snipped vid for size}

Current UI I'm working on, still lots to fix/change

I really like this. Nice work ::]

More to come...

Currently just a solo picture, but I should have more tonight from a raid. I have been working on my latest layout for a while now. I'm about 99% happy with it. The only thing that I am still struggling with is the background behind my bartender bars.

Hope you all enjoy. Please leave comments and questions if you have any.

I was orginially inspire by Velran's UI

Updated pictures from BoT raid

Last edited by Abazaba; 2011-05-18 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Added Raid pictures