Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Why is Discipline supposedly more fun than Holy?

The anger arrises from people stating things as fact(half sides of stories) rather than subjective opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by KK
    So what, he didn't rant holy at all and thus the moron's flamepost was totally out of place. He posted why discipline was more fun for him, which is a subjective view on the spec, but completely legitimate and fully on topic.

I used the comment "politically correct" because he wanted to get rid of subjectiveness and force upon the topic a "fair and balanced" view even though this topic is subjective by nature through it's question in the header.
    I'm really not commenting on the language of Izenhart's post. People can read it and draw their opinions. I'm commenting on his point, and the fact that he wasn't calling for anyone to be politically correct. It wasn't the posters representation of Disco, or the fact that its the most fun for him, that was his concern. It was the assertion of fact in his statement about holy. Obviously, the poster did not like healing as holy. That is his opinion. However, it should be presented as such:

"When I played Holy, I felt like I would just throw Flash Heals everywhere while using CoH each cooldown and keeping Renew here and there. To me this isn't as fun as Disc."

The above is a statement of opinion.

"Where Holy would throw Flash Heals everywhere while using CoH each cooldown and keeping Renew here and there"

This is a statement of fact. However, it really is an opinion... an opinion that many would view as misrepresenting. Presented as opinion, it is untouchable. What the poster felt is what the poster felt. However, it is also easily discarded as "just opinion." Fact is something not to be question because it is assumed to be true. In the statement above, the poster is using a rhetorical tool to bolster his preference of Disco by presenting his opinion that holy is lackluster and boring as fact. This is a dishonest form of argument.

Learning why people react the way they do is not only interesting to know, but useful in life.

I mean, at the end of the day, who really cares. I'll be honest that I only posted because I hate people using terms like "political correctness" and applying it to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Doyle
    because you shoot energy balls out of your hands to heal stuff
    ^^this