Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Paladins gonna be boring after 3.2?!@#

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Nope. As much as people may want to think that, the reality is that Ret Paladins are easy to play.

Grab a Mut Rogue and a Ret Paladin. Setup the keybinds, print up a chart saying which buttons do damage, but do not explain how they work, or what rotation should be followed. Grab someone who has never played WoW before, put them in front of the computer, and ask them to play each character in a 5/10/25 man.
    Or let these two people spend 10 minute online looking up a dps rotation. I have played a rogue its not hard at all, open, put up snd, mut twice, then either rupture or envenom depending on timer on snd

its really freaking easy

I would say out of all the classes I have played or seen played the only one id say was "hard" was feral druid. And they make addons to tell you what abilities to use so thats been made easier.

The problem is people have differing opinions on what combat mechanic is "hard"

Rogues have a set rotation, they can hit these same buttons in the same order all fight, rets dont have a rotation, they have a priority of abilities that they use whenever they are off cd, mages spam one ability while watching for some kind of proc. Those are pretty much the 3 major mechanics...none of them are hard to do, they are all quasi-difficult to master

What is hard about dpsing is being able to do your max dps while moving, avoiding crap, watching threat, and doing whatever stupid fight mechanic there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Requu
    yeah, pressing the 9cd macro, then the 6cd macro, then the 9cd macro again, followed by the 6cd macro and guess what? yeah, there is the 9cd macro again, and now, biggest surprise since burger king flatrate won't make you look like antonio banderas: 6cd macro gain!
    thats what they tell the ppl to keep it simple as its safe and easy to use keep with a 9-6-9 rotation dont spec into 2/2 improved judgements just 1/2 to easy up on your 'rotation' then you're just making it boring for yourself and u can tell that to every class.

with libram of obstruction and 2/2 imp judgements you actually have a bigger uptime of 350 extra block.(= more defensive)
    speccing into 2/2 also makes it possible to do judgement => sor, making my shield slam hit for 700 more each time i use sor.
    resulting into alot more threat even thou you lose 1 sec of not using sor, but you can use something else imw w8ing for judg to come off cooldown again.

sor -6 sec
    hor -6sec
    how -6 sec
    holy shield -8sec
    judgement -8 sec
    hand of reckoning -8sec(if really you have nothing else to push only this is on cd)
    consecration -8 sec(or 10)
    avenger sheild -30 sec
    exorcism -30 sec
    holy wrath -30sec(only in naxx)
    hammer of justice -20sec (tanking brundir for example)
    cleanse yourself -no cd
    avenging wrath -3min
    divine protection -2min
    trinket -1min

you ty to macro all this into 2 macros with a maximum use/effect of all this spells
    tanking is more then pressing 2 macros..
    there is ALWAYS something to push thats off cd, and guess what its always something different.
    you may find this boring but i'm afraid if you dont like pushing other things all the time a prot paldin is nothing for you.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchonBOA
    Im a pala and I don't think they will be boring.

Reroll if you want more fun and stfu, with all the, omg pala are shit now, are they gonna be good

Sick to the teeth of all these rubbish posts.

Does not stop me from posting in them though ^^
    This i agree with when i was lvling in bc i always wanted a ret pally for how "hard" it was to play one because they didn't face roll back then :P i am hoping pallies turn up like that again =D .... also because i cant kill them worth crap on my warrior atm >_>
    80 - warrior
    80 - mage
    80 - rogue

also try Prot Pally PVP where you're actually pressing skills, moving alot, and planning when you use your silence/interrupt and not just pressing 2 macros.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok
    Less FOTM rerollers everywhere = more spots for us.

I'm happy that everyone is seeing 3.2 as a nerf (when in fact it isn't). Less noobs will be playing my class / spec.

i look forward to not headbutting my keyboard and it not mattering what ability i use.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by gatgat
    Am i the only one who enjoys pally healing as it is right now. Your 3 heals all have a use, and I use beacon and sacred shield a lot too. Sure there are some fights where you just stand and dump holy light into the tank, but often times the tank avoids 2-3 attacks and that gives you time to do some other stuff
    nope. i enjoy pally healing as is. i like having the responsibility of keeping the tank up. if i wanted to raid heal i wouldnt have been a pally.

id rather have it how it is...maybe a mild reduction on the penalty to plea, like make it 30% healing penalty-but thats just me being greedy. i do enjoy it atm.

If it was 30%, wouldn't people just use AW at the same time and completely bypass the healing reduction effect?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    If it was 30%, wouldn't people just use AW at the same time and completely bypass the healing reduction effect?
    That is a 3 min CD (AW) vs a 1 min CD (DP) for all specs with the exception of ret (2 min CD on AW through talents). So, sadly, AW only functions as a "Get-out-of-Jail-Free" card 1/3 of the time.

Holy paladin already use the AW + DP combo, so it really wouldn't be anything new. I am not saying that the healing reduction associated with DP needs to be reduced, just that this technique is already employed.

15+ Year Old Account

I don't think we will be boring but we need Glyph options and currently I feel we will be mana deprived.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

I'm not overly irritated by the Illumnation nerf while raiding at end game. We may be able to heal correctly once they iterate it back to 40% - 45% (because 30% is way too low).

GC posted made up numbers that reflect our mana regen VS a priest mana regen. I highly doubt a Priest main healing spell costs 1200+ mana! I know the intent is to make Paladin use OTHER spells, but making Holy Light insanely over priced (by cutting mana regen) is not the answer. I'm more concerned about the Holy position in 5 man where not ALL the mana regen buffs are present.

How can a newbie (normal / heroics dungeons) Holy Pal substain any healing with spells that cost SO MUCH mana?! While raiding (Naxx/Uld/2000+ SP) Paladins can spend way less mana using FoL in Heroics, think of the recently 80 paladin with green/blue level SP and crit... Holy Light will eat right through the mana pool and sorry, but with a tank with green/blue avoidance, Holy Pals will NEED to use Holy Light.

I don't think Blizz thought of the leveling/Normal/Heroics Holy Paladins, just the end game ones. That's what pisses me off.
    Yeah? Well, too bad. I did it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by neeyabba
    Plain simple and boring???? :-[
    why hallo thurr fotm troll...

i suggest re-rolling to another fotm class
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchonBOA
    Im a pala and I don't think they will be boring.

Reroll if you want more fun and stfu, with all the, omg pala are shit now, are they gonna be good

Sick to the teeth of all these rubbish posts.

Does not stop me from posting in them though ^^
    I kind of agree with the guy.

Woohoo, we now have the same ability list, CDs, Functions and play style as Fury Warrirors, but we dont have to waste as much DKP for the second weapon? Hooray for us.

ZZZZzzzzZZZZ. I'm sure blizzard thought up AT LEAST two different updated Ret changes... can I at least see what Plan B was before I 'accidentally reroll' to a Fury Warrior? I already have one of those, and it is every bit as faceroll as Ret is on live, 'watching' for Exorcism to proc is no different than 'watching' for it to come off of CD.

Now I have fewer GCDs with which to work my defensive magic, I guess that's less of a faceroll, now our damage has to suck for our defenses to work, and vice versa.

i tink teh op is a trolladin

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Requital
    I don't think we will be boring but we need Glyph options and currently I feel we will be mana deprived.
    As what spec? :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by neeyabba
    Plain simple and boring???? :-[
    No, just no..
    Im just that awesome >.<

Nope. As much as people may want to think that, the reality is that Ret Paladins are easy to play.

Grab a Mut Rogue and a Ret Paladin. Setup the keybinds, print up a chart saying which buttons do damage, but do not explain how they work, or what rotation should be followed. Grab someone who has never played WoW before, put them in front of the computer, and ask them to play each character in a 5/10/25 man.

In both situations I'm sure this person will rank dead last on the DPS charts. The Rogue however, will be out damaged by all the tanks, while the Ret Paladin will not (assuming the player doesn't die of course).

Can this be done with every class? Sure I guess. But not as easily.

- Warlocks would let their DoTs fall off
    - Hunters could spam Steady Shot, but would easily go /oom without Aspect swapping
    - Shamans wouldn't have their totems down
    - Mages (see Rogues)
    - Druids (see Rogues)
    - Warriors will be pretty close to Ret imo, esp. if they are Arms.
    - Death Knights (see Warriors)
    - Shadow Priests (see Rogues)

With the mechanics of JoTW and no rotation, a Ret Paladin could just stand around and spam buttons until they went /oom from not using Divine Plea; and given the fight and/or if JoW is being used, that can take quite a while.

Obviously that is a far cry from a Paladin who is actively using Cleanse, HoSac/Div Sac, HoP, HoF, HoSalv, Sacred Shield, Aura swapping, kiting, offtanking, or many of the other things that Ret Paladins can do in a raid environment.

But as far as baseline DPS'ing is concerned, there isn't anything easier then a Ret. And from what I'm seeing from the patch notes, nothing about this is going to change.

The instance of 'faceroll' taunting might decrease if Ret is going to be as gimped in PvP as it presently appears (since 99.9% of people who whine about faceroll are butthurt PvPers), but the changes in of themselves will not change the 'perception' that Ret is easy to play, because in reality, they won't.

Watching for a proc is no different than watching for a cooldown, it's the same mindless crap that Ret's do.

Priests, Warriors, and Paladins, all do effectively the same brain dead 'watch and press when it lights up' type of stuff, whether it's a hot keyed ability or a buff or a proc is totally irrelevant.

Rogues, Death Knights and Feral Druids all have a pretty simple rotation to follow, it's just memorization and the ability to recognize when you make a mistake, and how to recover from it. Not really any more challenging.

Mages, Moonkin, Hunters and Warlocks all have to keep up with several debuffs, procs, durations, and CDs, so they actually take some degree of coordination, but almost universally less movement.

Shamans are a special case, I really do think Enh takes a lot to do right, it's buff, proc, cooldown, movement, the mess of totems, AND decision making on the fly all at once. If every class took as much effort, we'd really see a gap between good players and bad.

It will never happen. There is no real justification for 'facerollers', since no class or spec has a complicated rotation for PvP usage. What separated Rets from other classes is that Rets have so few options for Damage, their rotation is nonexistent. But ask a Mage or a Warlock how many buttons they push in an Arena fight, and I bet you a solid Ret player pushes about as many (if not more); problem is only about 4-5 of them actually do damage.

As for PvP? Well if you think something like watching for Bloodsurge procs is the difference between Skill and Faceroll, then what can I say to you that you could possibly understand?

It's easy to play a Ret Paladin. It isn't so easy to play a Ret Paladin well. There is a difference
    Other classes get stronger attacks with Debuffs, and thus a Rotation, both in and out of Arena. A Pally has Debuffs, however his/her attacks does not get stronger with these attacks, so it doesn't matter if they go off or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

My question is, why was Blizzard incapable of coming up with a new effect for Seal of Command? Right now, Seal of Righteousness and Command basically have the exact same function; holy damage on melee hits, burst of holy damage when judged. Except for the source of the damage (SoR favors Spell Damage), they're basically the same effect.

They couldn't come up with something original?
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

15+ Year Old Account

With every passing patch that blizzard tosses at ret paladins... FOTM's Leave.

And I love it. I love every second of it. Maybe this will take another big chunk of FotM players out.... who knows.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature