Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiden View Post
    Just came to say, OH MY GOD I HAVE AN INCONVEINIENCE?!?!?!
    Eh? :S

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirFranc View Post
    About unethical, i beg to differ, i'm the kind of person that is utterly sick of Retail (and actually I think that blizz is not giving enough love to many unfinished zones, but that is me, i hardly see the point of redoing Azshara shaped as the horde crest (that is utterly... unrealistic?) where there are tons of zones that are not finished and deserve to.
    It depends on your definition of unethical. I guess it comes down to if you would consider the theft of intellectual property to be unethical. As long as it isn't on a for profit private server I don't personally see an issue, especially when they act as a means of fan creations. Have to say, both the work you and the OP did is pretty nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    It depends on your definition of unethical. I guess it comes down to if you would consider the theft of intellectual property to be unethical. As long as it isn't on a for profit private server I don't personally see an issue, especially when they act as a means of fan creations. Have to say, both the work you and the OP did is pretty nice.
    I run a 100% RP server, where the lore comes first. I'm editing most of azeroth to correct the "lore bloopers" done by blizz (such as stromgarde, c'mon)
    I didn't took his work, i saw a picture of it and i said to myself "i must do something like that too!" ANd the result was pretty sadisfying.
    So more than "theft" is "inspiration" that is a completely different thing, as i look at level design as a form of art, saying "no i did this first, you can't do this" sounds just childish, another guy attempted to do Northeron on MMOWNED and i didn't freaked at him, everybody is free to reinvent, at this point of view he stole from Blizz, since the World of Azeroth is not his own creation.
    That, i admit, pisses me off, instead of respect each other's work he just got annoyed by the fact that :
    1- i did my own northeron
    2- i did borrow the "dawnstrider" name
    3- i didn't followed his work 100%( the "throw a fit thing") < that goes against his point n.2 but *shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh? :S
    My name, the name of that quest, I go by Caden or Caiden online

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiden View Post
    My name, the name of that quest, I go by Caden or Caiden online
    I'm not sure i got the sense of this XD

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure i got the sense of this XD
    from the OP

Originally Posted by Asmira Evantide
    Caden's Inconvenience
    Damn their captain's steady hand! Even as she burned up he managed to steer her ashore. And now they're salvaging whatever survived the wreck. Get down there and smash whatever cargo you can find. We must not allow the Plague of the Wrathgate on these shores!
    -8 Cargo Crates destroyed.

Just found it weird, moving on.

Deleted
    Yum yum want in game now!! Blizzard need give us in game!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunka View Post
    Yum yum want in game now!! Blizzard need give us in game!!!
    Actually i found disappointing that most of the unfinished zones just got replaced with sea/more mountains.
    So i'm doing stuff my self :P

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I run a 100% RP server.........
    Is it Prologue by the way?
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanardam View Post
    Is it Prologue by the way?
    Absolutely not. :P
    I don't know if i can tell Pservers name here btw
    (prologue is a 40% rp actually XD)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely not. :P
    I don't know if i can tell Pservers name here btw
    (prologue is a 40% rp actually XD)
    i Guess you can....you see..i can say PROLOGUE....and i dont get ban at all. But dont say it on the official blizz forum.....or you gonna get VAPORIZED for that.

edit : I used to play on Prologue but they dont update their server to 4.0.1....so i cant play on it anymore..until they updated it (( Eta 6 month...)).
    Last edited by Zanardam; 2010-11-09 at 08:50 PM.
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

Deleted
    i Guess you can....you see..i can say PROLOGUE....and i dont get ban at all. But dont say it on the official blizz forum.....or you gonna get VAPORIZED for that.

edit : I used to play on Prologue but they dont update their server to 4.0.1....so i cant play on it anymore..until they updated it (( Eta 6 month...)).
    Actually is proven that the emulation will never get to 4.0.1, if will.. will take years, since data structure has been redone 100% and will be changed every 2 week :S So is better to make a backup copy with 3.5 and live with that XD
    BTW: the server is Chronicles of Azeroth, a closed alpha one, but is promising :P

This is brilliant. Blizz needs more people with your creativity!

If I could suggest a few things though;
    - Rename the zone Northeron as that is an area refered to in WC2, but is not present in game yet. It is also refered to in Day of the Dragon separately to Aerie Peak, so no one can say they are one in the same. It is the homeland of Kurdran Wildhammer, and is know to have a Wildhammer population.
    - The Worgen and Trolls I cannot see working together as they are the two most xenophobic races in game, change the area of 'Thondroril Spring' from being a druidic controlled area, to that of a Wildhammer settlement. Its topography is one which the Wildhammer are heavily in favour of.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Northern_Lordaeron

I would level there.
    To be married on January 21st, 2011.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Lol, I was gonna play there too, just to try it out, but decided not to, atleast not until January (Or whenever I feel like going there).But Franc's server sounds great too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTKF View Post
    Lol, I was gonna play there too, just to try it out, but decided not to, atleast not until January (Or whenever I feel like going there).But Franc's server sounds great too
    Tough is far from finished it's to try
    Anyway i guess if i can post my edits here on MMO-Champion :S

Deleted
    I saw this exact stuff, on a different website, a long time ago.

Very good, anyhow.
    Last edited by mmocce87dd14b5; 2010-11-10 at 08:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perapsam View Post
    I saw this exact stuff, on a different website, a long time ago.

Very good, anyhow.
    You mean the photoshop maps or the ingame edit?

Deleted
    You mean the photoshop maps or the ingame edit?
    All the images, not sure about the text. But I've definitely seen those images before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perapsam View Post
    All the images, not sure about the text. But I've definitely seen those images before.
    Guess so XD